HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Danny Kristo being treated with severe frostbite

Closed Thread

Old
02-02-2011, 06:58 AM
THE HOFF

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
Well, I've seen enough.

Bust.
hahah

it does count as strike #2 ... what was the other one...breaking curfew ? ...

keep them comming danny!

Old
02-02-2011, 07:55 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
Well, I've seen enough.

Bust.
For some reason I lol'd

Old
02-02-2011, 08:38 AM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

If it's one of the middle toes , could he still play hockey? LOL

Old
02-02-2011, 10:14 AM
LastRide

Something weird going on here.

Last edited by LastRide: 02-03-2011 at 05:39 PM.
Old
02-02-2011, 10:24 AM
Born in 1909
Vive la France!

Low IQ?

Sorry, Danny

Old
02-02-2011, 10:24 AM
Bullsmith

That's pretty frightening. Hope he doesn't suffer any permanent damage.

Old
02-02-2011, 10:43 AM
Maverik

He can still play hockey without a toe.. will be tough to get used to it, but it's possible. Heck, Berard played with one eye...

Old
02-02-2011, 01:59 PM
CTHabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Definitely drugs.
No matter how drunk you are, you won't let yourself get freeze that badly.
Drugs on the other hand, will make you feel like you're in summer while you freeze.
Right, it's perfectly fair to assume that Danny Kristo was high on drugs, even though there has been no official confirmation.

Old
02-02-2011, 02:38 PM
Shred

Should be a sobering experience for him!

Old
02-02-2011, 02:40 PM
gee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik View Post
He can still play hockey without a toe.. will be tough to get used to it, but it's possible. Heck, Berard played with one eye...
and Moen plays without hands

Old
02-02-2011, 02:50 PM
coolasprICE

any updates as to whether or not he still has 10 toes?

Old
02-02-2011, 03:17 PM
SirKillalot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbadasher View Post
A man froze 50m from his car in a blizzard and an old woman froze in the snowbank near her house, people heard her cries but no one came, and then the couple in their house.

There was an article I read(think it was about a norwegian woman, but not sure). Her car had stopped, at a desert place. And then came the snow, a lot of snow. Apparently she tried to leave, but injured herself somehow, and went back to her car. She wrote notes(post-it's of some sort) about her survival in the car...there were 5 days of notes, then nothing. The car was found under the snow three weeks later.

Old
02-02-2011, 05:36 PM
MissSioux85

The latest on Kristo:

Quote:
Kristo, a native of Eden Prairie, Minn., is being treated at Regions Hospital in St. Paul.

A hospital spokesperson says UND hockey forward Danny Kristo is listed in fair condition as of Wednesday.

UND coach Dave Hakstol says Kristo was transferred from Grand Forks to St. Paul on Monday morning, and says Kristo will stay at Regions to begin the recovery process.

"We have been in close contact with Danny's family," said Hakstol in a statement released Tuesday. "My concern is with Danny's health and his full recovery."

Hakstol said Wednesday that Kristo did not break any team rules.
http://www.wdaz.com/event/article/id/6094

Old
02-03-2011, 01:00 AM
sfo

Grand Forks is damn cold. It can get up to -70 below (with windchill) and it's not fun. They don't close school for nothing. I had a dead car battery and no jumper cables and had to walk to my finals 4 days in a row in this weather for about a half hour walk. If you're not bundled up, frostbite is probably likely.

Danny wasn't doing anything wrong. If his coach says that, I believe him. I'm glad I, at least have some compassion.

Last edited by overlords: 02-03-2011 at 01:05 AM.
Old
02-03-2011, 05:40 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfo View Post
Grand Forks is damn cold. It can get up to -70 below (with windchill) and it's not fun. They don't close school for nothing. I had a dead car battery and no jumper cables and had to walk to my finals 4 days in a row in this weather for about a half hour walk. If you're not bundled up, frostbite is probably likely.

Danny wasn't doing anything wrong. If his coach says that, I believe him. I'm glad I, at least have some compassion.
Thanks to MissSioux85 and sfo for the updates.
About compassion...it's true and I agree.

And, all kidding aside (previous posts with jokes) I hope Danny will be perfectly fine. I can see why people would joke about this (I laughed a bit as well while reading some posts here, I'm guilty!), and I can also understand that we shouldn't laugh at this... and in the end of all this I just hope Danny will be more than ok (still not sure how all of this happened to Danny).
Get well soon, Danny.

And, on a separate note/story...no one should freeze to death and no one should go unprepared in such cold temperature (that story of a woman dying in the car...poor lady, wouldn't want to die like that in such cold).

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 02-03-2011 at 06:12 AM.
Old
02-03-2011, 12:44 PM
stubbadub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Definitely drugs.
No matter how drunk you are, you won't let yourself get freeze that badly.
Drugs on the other hand, will make you feel like you're in summer while you freeze.
Actually even moderate amounts of alcohol thins your blood. Alcohol stimulates peripheral vessel dilation which causes you lose body heat at a quick rate, thus causing your extremities to freeze before other parts.

The only time I've ever gotten frostbite (pretty bad) was when I passed out DRUNK in a snowbank (on a hill) I couldn't climb to get to my apartment.

And perhaps hard drugs will make you feel like you're in summer, like Cocaine, Meth and LSD, but could you imagine smoking a joint and finding out it had just snowed two feet? It's terrifying, man. I don't go outside in this BS and I can say I partake in the odd (and even) toke.

Alcohol is far more dangerous for your health in the frigid cold than drugs are. At least coke will give you the energy to get home quicker.

Old
02-03-2011, 12:53 PM
Charlie Milles*
Uh... Go Canucks?

Can he still produce without toes?

Old
02-03-2011, 01:20 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
A lot of posts have been deleted in this thread. So can we please leave the ignorant comments out and start showing some class?

Old
02-03-2011, 02:01 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Kill the rumor: Habs pick Danny Kristo's frostbite didn't come from falling asleep in snowbank; shoe fell off and lost in snowy shortcut

http://twitter.com/THNRyanKennedy/st...15794640846849

Old
02-03-2011, 04:29 PM
exile550

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Talk about a prospect gone cold...
lol. Horrible story though.

Old
02-03-2011, 04:51 PM
Bob in Niagara

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
Kill the rumor: Habs pick Danny Kristo's frostbite didn't come from falling asleep in snowbank; shoe fell off and lost in snowy shortcut

http://twitter.com/THNRyanKennedy/st...15794640846849
Still sounds weird...how do you "lose your shoe"? Could he not have looked for it and put it back on? It would have been a lot better than walking home with one shoe off and one shoe on...I don't get it.

Old
02-03-2011, 05:17 PM
MissSioux85

Another update

Quote:
St. Paul, Minn. - Feb. 3 - University of North Dakota hockey player Danny Kristo remains in fair condition at Regions Hospital in St. Paul, Minn.

Kristo, who is suffering from frostbite on the toes of his right foot, maintains full use of all of his extremities and is in the early stages of recovery.

"I'm doing fine, I'm planning on recovering as safely and as quickly as possible," Kristo said. "I'm just trying to get better day by day. I'm doing better today than I was yesterday and I was doing better yesterday than I was the day before. I'm feeling a lot better than I was the first two days.

"I definitely feel fortunate, I definitely feel lucky. I want to say thanks to the fans and friends and family members who have prayed for me."

Said Kristo's father, Mark Kristo: "Our family wants to express our sincere gratitude for all of the thoughts and prayers from his friends, supporters and the Sioux family during these past few days."

After being discharged from Regions Hospital, Kristo is expected to remain at his parents' home in Eden Prairie, Minn., for continued treatment before returning to Grand Forks.
http://www.fightingsioux.com/ViewArt...CLID=205089557

Old
02-03-2011, 05:32 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfo View Post
Grand Forks is damn cold. It can get up to -70 below (with windchill) and it's not fun.
Link? My grandfather used to tell me how -55 was 'nothing' back in the day, but he was off by about 20 degrees, and two bottles of Brandy.

Old
02-03-2011, 05:54 PM
SeriousFan09

No trouble with his extremities, crisis averted. Let's get back to writing off Louis Leblanc again, that's always fun.

Old
02-04-2011, 12:27 AM
sfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob in Niagara View Post
Still sounds weird...how do you "lose your shoe"? Could he not have looked for it and put it back on? It would have been a lot better than walking home with one shoe off and one shoe on...I don't get it.
Now, just to play devils advocate here... if he took this so-called shortcut (which I totally would do if it was flippin' cold as it apparently was) and he lost a shoe.... if it was dark out and it's in a snow bank somewhere and it's THAT cold... I don't know how much time I'd want to spend rummaging around in a snow bank looking for it without a shoe. Especially if the area was not well lit how could you see to even look for it? I would have taken my chances, found some pavement and started running. Literally. Oh, since I would venture to say most of you have never been to Grand Forks, the reason it's so cold? NO TREES! Can't breathe walking into the wind. Terrible. I live in Minneapolis now and I'm really liking this whole tall buildings thing. haha.

Anyways, so glad it seems like he's going to be okay

Closed Thread