HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Good Riddance Tom Golisano and Larry Quinn

Old
02-02-2011, 06:55 AM
Buffalo87
thehosers dot com

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalowing88 View Post
This is just sad. Golisano bought the team when they were worthless. It wasn't a "wise" investment at the time. It was a gamble. We should appreciate the fact that he was willing to make that gamble. Yes, he became an absentee owner over the last few years but I highly doubt that was due to the success of the team, moreso to his political alliances within the state.

And as for Larry Quinn, yeah he's a piece of crap, but the thing about this city is that you cannot polish a turd and he at least attempted to make something out of nothing. I guarantee whoever replaces Quinn won't do any better. I love Buffalo but I think it's time we acknowledge that we aren't going to be dealt a good hand no matter who's in charge, quit blaming the ownership and start blaming the **** hole ride from the airport to the arena and the inability of our current roster to man up and play tough hockey.
Lets not get off track here:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=871688

Continuing on....

Who built that current roster?

Buffalo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 09:25 AM
Reddawg

I appreciate what BTG did in saving the team back in the day, he did the region a kindness.

I don't appreciate the impression I get from both he and LQ that businessmen who don't know the game will still attempt to control all aspects of their team rather than hiring and trusting the wisdom of the hockey-minded folks they bring in who SHOULD be doing that work for them. I definitely don't appreciate that in the past couple of years BTG has run off to Florida and basically left the team to twist under LQ's giant failboat of mismanagement.

Owners should set a goal and a budget, and hire people who can take the budget and achieve the goal with it. That's it, until it's time to replace people who aren't achieving the goal.

Mr. Pegula...I have high hopes for you, but I hope you're taking a lesson in "what don't work" from your predecessors.

Reddawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 10:49 AM
Dixon Ward
Fire SOMEONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoalie View Post
go **** yourself with your curved net and ugly slug, you worthless piece of ****. good ****ing riddance. I hope the last door that hits you in the ass on the way out has rusty nails all over it.
don't forget the blue ice!

Dixon Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 11:09 AM
CupWanted
#19 The Future

Good Ridance to LQ, no doubt, but TG gets a complete pass in my book. The man should be aplauded for keeping the team in Buffalo despite speculation of finincial insolvency. Any gains Pegula may or may not make certainly would not have existed if Balsillie or someone of that ilk else had moved the franchise. Franchises don't move back. TG did a great service to Buffalo and I hope in years to come he is remembered for that service.

CupWanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 11:35 AM
BUCKSHOT
w00t !!

Send a message via Yahoo to BUCKSHOT
Quote:
Originally Posted by enrothorne View Post
GTFO. Winning > money. They never realized that.
if the team is/was winning the money usually takes care of itself

BUCKSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 11:44 AM
Takeo

BUFFASLUGALO

LARRY QUINN

TIM CONNOLLY

Takeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 11:54 AM
MLH

This thread is redundant, poorly timed, unjustly bitter, and frankly should be embarrassing to the entire fanbase. This ownership group in all likelihood saved the franchise from relocation. They took a team that was predicted to be in the NHL’s bottom five coming out of the lockout and won a President’s Trophy, two division titles, and two ECF appearances in 5.5 seasons. They increased payroll by almost $20 million over the same time frame. It’s the same posters re-posting the same tired asterisk laden pathetic nonsense. You’ve said your piece dozens of time before. Look at the big picture at move on.

MLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 11:56 AM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLH View Post
This thread is redundant, poorly timed, unjustly bitter, and frankly should be embarrassing to the entire fanbase. This ownership group in all likelihood saved the franchise from relocation. They took a team that was predicted to be in the NHLís bottom five coming out of the lockout and won a Presidentís Trophy, two division titles, and two ECF appearances in 5.5 seasons. They increased payroll by almost $20 million over the same time frame. Itís the same posters re-posting the same tired asterisk laden pathetic nonsense. Youíve said your piece dozens of time before. Look at the big picture at move on.
You know most of the people that are spewing that stuff in here are being genuinely thankful and grateful in the "Thank You" thread.

It just feels good to vent sometimes.

BuiltTagonTough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 01:18 PM
The Bored Warrior
Ted Nolan Hates Me!!

Thank You Larry Quinn Mr. Managing Partner (whatever the hell that means) for ruining the Buffalo Sabres franchise with your stupid meddling. You turned a team full of speedy run & gun players ( Briere,Drury & Campbell) into a halfway house for old useless veterans (Rivet, Spacek, Grier, Hecht, Lalime, Numminen, Niedermayer) just to name a few. I hope that Darcy Reiger gets fired not for what he has not done, but for listening to you Quinn and your stpuid ideas. On one final note Thank You Larry for destroying Tim Kennedy's career!!

To Tom Golisano Thank You for saving a franchise in Buffalo that means so much to everyone in Buffalo and around the world. Because once a team moves they don't come back. So Thank You for everything Mr.Golisano!!!

The Bored Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 01:27 PM
Buffalo87
thehosers dot com

Quote:
This thread is redundant, poorly timed, unjustly bitter, and frankly should be embarrassing to the entire fanbase. This ownership group in all likelihood saved the franchise from relocation. They took a team that was predicted to be in the NHLís bottom five coming out of the lockout and won a Presidentís Trophy, two division titles, and two ECF appearances in 5.5 seasons. They increased payroll by almost $20 million over the same time frame. Itís the same posters re-posting the same tired asterisk laden pathetic nonsense. Youíve said your piece dozens of time before. Look at the big picture at move on.
Again, I direct you here...

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=871688

As BTT said, it just feels good to vent sometimes. Most of the hate is directed at Larry Quinn anyways, not Golisano. The money seemed to always be there (thank you, Golisano), the direction was not (**** you Larry Quinn).

Buffalo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 01:50 PM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
This thread is redundant, poorly timed, unjustly bitter, and frankly should be embarrassing to the entire fanbase. This ownership group in all likelihood saved the franchise from relocation. They took a team that was predicted to be in the NHL’s bottom five coming out of the lockout and won a President’s Trophy, two division titles, and two ECF appearances in 5.5 seasons. They increased payroll by almost $20 million over the same time frame. It’s the same posters re-posting the same tired asterisk laden pathetic nonsense. You’ve said your piece dozens of time before. Look at the big picture at move on.
Redundant? Hardly. There was a Larry Quinn thread, but not one for Tom G.

Poorly timed? Actually it's perfectly timed. The ownership is on the way out.

Unjustly bitter? Hardly. Venting frustrations will be the beginning of moving on.

Embarassing? Not at all. The ownership did plenty to frustrate fans and it's appropriate time for people to let it all out and finally get past it we we can start fresh with a new owner. Venting is not about saying what hasn't been said. It's ok to repeat yourself or other people here.

Like already pointed out, I think you missed the "Thank You" thread, which as of right now actually has more posts than here.

Unjustly bitter and poorly timed indeed. I think, if anything, you should be grateful that these posts are being directed to one thread instead of spilling over into discussion of new ownership.

vcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 02:03 PM
BCS

Quote:
Agreed.

BCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 03:02 PM
Takeo

Quote:
This thread is redundant,
Truth hurts.

Quote:
poorly timed,
They are on their way out. There couldn't be a more appropriate time.

Quote:
unjustly bitter,
They oversaw the team go from a Stanley Cup contender (a team which they did not assemble) to a non-playoff team in less than 3 years.

Quote:
and frankly should be embarrassing to the entire fanbase.
It's a messageboard.

Takeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 07:21 PM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
My issues with Quinn are expressed elsewhere. To sum up -- go away Larry. Go. Far.
If only that were enough - the wreckage he was clearly a catalyst of in both the first (Muckler/Nolan/LaFontaine) and second (Briere/Drury/Numminen/slug) of his tenures left a lot of unforgettable misery.

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 08:09 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
If only that were enough - the wreckage he was clearly a catalyst of in both the first (Muckler/Nolan/LaFontaine) and second (Briere/Drury/Numminen/slug) of his tenures left a lot of unforgettable misery.
Yeah, he's been present for a lot of bad decisions.

BackGroundMusic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 08:34 PM
Crazy Tasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo View Post
BUFFASLUGALO

LARRY QUINN

TIM CONNOLLY
1 vote for post of the year.

Crazy Tasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 11:34 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
I'll miss Golisano but Quinn, when you're cleaning your office and walk out the door for the last time, please let it hit you. Good riddance Larry.

Tom on the other hand has my utmost respect and gratitude.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 08:51 PM
Afino
The Juice

Yes Tom, the media is the root of all evil. Stop blaming the media for all your problems, because most of what they were saying had at least some bit of truth.

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 12:44 PM
Jeremy2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugman View Post
I may have some of my facts confused, but I saw on the news that several hundred thousand Egyptians are going to remain in a public square in Cairo until Larry Quinn relinquishes control of the Sabres.
I heard that is happening in all the major cities of the world.

Mankind -- that word should have new meaning for all of us today.

We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore.

We will be united in our common interests.

Perhaps its fate that today is the 5th of February, and we will once again be fighting for our freedom, not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution -- but from Larry Quinn.

We're fighting for our right to live, to exist.

And should we win the day, the 5th of February will no longer be known as an Sabres holiday, but as the day when the world declared in one voice:

"We will not go quietly into the night!

We will not vanish without a fight!

We're going to live on!

We're going to survive!"

Today, we celebrate our Independence Day!

Jeremy2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 06:43 PM
billsandsabres
nhl 94 aficianado

well done

billsandsabres is offline   Reply With Quote