HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

#51 | New York Islanders vs. Pittsburgh Penguins | Feb 2 | L 0-3

Old
02-03-2011, 02:12 PM
RWWallpaper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesZoso View Post
Johnson could've pummeled him with 5-6 more punches before the refs came in. He could really have done some serious damage. I think he caught himself when he saw how pitiful and defenseless Dipietro looked lying prone on the ice. "Nooo...not my pretty-boy face!"

What I couldn't stand was MA Fleury cackling like a hyena after the fight. I hope someone on the Isles took some notes on that for next time.
He could eat corn on the cob through a tennis racket with those choppers...holy hell...

Probably bites his own neck when he sneezes too...

RWWallpaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 02:12 PM
RWWallpaper

RWWallpaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 02:22 PM
DaMick
at least we got D

Send a message via MSN to DaMick
Quote:
Originally Posted by QcS View Post
Snow should sign Ray Emery..

20 years, 200 million.

At least he can fight.

or, you could get a goalie with longer arms.

Nah...though he has good taste in cars.

the Rick needs to realize...he's a goalie & stop trying to do stupid **** like what he did.

He really could have gotten hurt...

02-03-2011, 02:29 PM
Fruitbasket
I make crap posts.

This whole DP situation has got me just Pissed off at the whole Pittsburgh Penguin Nation...

I really Don't care that DP did something stupid or that he got KO'd last night, I just want to see the whole Pittsburgh Penguin team to get bashed in the face.. Oh Well.

I say we all brush this off and go back to saying before DP went down in one punch.

BTW Who else had people laughing at them all day for what DP did? I did...

Fruitbasket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 02:56 PM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptDenisPotvin View Post
I don't blame ricky for "fighting" even though it was his fault the fight was started. Everyone that fight gets knocked out from time to time and its not like he gets paid to fight, which actually brings me to my question....why isn't there someone paid to just fight on our team....I mean we don't sign ufa talent but we shld have someone that's a great fighter, if for no other reason so the young guys don't get pushed around like they have all year long.

Lastly, I hope crosby and his soft skull is on the ice when we play them again. They shld be a division rival and we might as well make it one by taking a shot at there franchise player....because like it or not isles fans other than tavares, ricky is our franchise player because of his contract. You want people to stop laughing? Start swinging

so Gillies is paid to actually contribute on a shift by shift basis?

p.s the second half of this post is borderline insanity...just sayin.

GeorgeHamiltonsTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 05:47 PM
BillD

Anyone hear AMac scream out **** after DP gave up the second goal?

BillD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 09:08 AM
CaptDenisPotvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHamiltonsTan View Post
so Gillies is paid to actually contribute on a shift by shift basis?

p.s the second half of this post is borderline insanity...just sayin.
Let's say just for a second that instead of it being DP, it was Tavares that got dropped and, I don't know maybe crosby was laughing....would you still feel that what I said was "boarderline insanity"? If you still feel that it is insane to exact some revenge, well you might as well dress for the team because you have the same backbone as anyone else on the roster. If you think it would be different if it was tavares instead of of dp then you just feel that dp ain't worth sticking up for.

Either one is fine, I'm just trying to figure out why you think I'm insane for wanting an islander to take a shot at crosby the next time we play them.

CaptDenisPotvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 09:29 AM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

im not saying you're insane per se, the comment did however seem a lil "off" to me thoguh. The glaring difference between dipietro willingly trying to exact some sort of revenge on cooke and subsequently dropping the gloves and taking a shot at crosby is summed up by the highlighted word.

dipietro made his own bed, he chose to clothesline cooke, which i have no problem with btw. He chose to skate out to the blue line and get his clock cleaned. crosby was home with his own clock cleaning issues, has nothing to do with any of dipietro's poor decisions.

Dont get me wrong, i dislike crosby just as much as the next guy but thinking that dedicating the next game against the pens to targeting a pens skilled player is exactly what's wrong with the game today and yes borderline insane. having a no talent like gillies out there trying to injure the likes of a crosby because dipietro is a meathead, im sorry if you dont see the stupidity in that i dont really know what else to say.

If dipietro wants to fight him again or grab a hold of cooke and try and rip his head off, so be it im all for it. He made his bed if he wants to continue fighting go right ahead but the rest of the league shouldnt have to suffer while he tries to find SOMETHING he can do to help his team. apparently stopping the puck isnt an option.

the moral of the story is...the rick needs to grow up.

Old
02-04-2011, 09:32 AM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

anyone heard anything about the followup with the Dr which was supposedly done yesterday?

Old
02-04-2011, 12:31 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Let's say just for a second that instead of it being DP, it was Tavares that got dropped and, I don't know maybe crosby was laughing....would you still feel that what I said was "boarderline insanity"? If you still feel that it is insane to exact some revenge, well you might as well dress for the team because you have the same backbone as anyone else on the roster. If you think it would be different if it was tavares instead of of dp then you just feel that dp ain't worth sticking up for.

Either one is fine, I'm just trying to figure out why you think I'm insane for wanting an islander to take a shot at crosby the next time we play them.
But Tavares would never have been such a blithering meathead as to take an injury prone body, set up a hit on the cheapshot artist, cause a melee behind him, run to the opposing star winger across the ice and get into a fight knowing he's outsized.

Rick caused a lot of this. The Isles decision to not match them in toughness played a lot in this. Time to learn. DP is done as an NHL starter, the Isles have no size and are soft and going after Crosby sends a message that we have the 5'10-6' diminutive cowboys here to back up such an action.

Maybe Nino and other large guys are what we need - as has been said for a long time now. It affords us the luxury of having smaller guys.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 12:41 PM
Strummergas

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
Maybe Nino and other large guys are what we need - as has been said for a long time now. It affords us the luxury of having smaller guys.
I agree, but it's more than just having large players suit up. We need large players that aren't afraid of the damage they can cause. No more gentle giants like the legendary Oleg Kvasha. We need players who are human wreckingballs.

Easier said than done, of course...

Strummergas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 02:45 PM
CaptDenisPotvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHamiltonsTan View Post
im not saying you're insane per se, the comment did however seem a lil "off" to me thoguh. The glaring difference between dipietro willingly trying to exact some sort of revenge on cooke and subsequently dropping the gloves and taking a shot at crosby is summed up by the highlighted word.

dipietro made his own bed, he chose to clothesline cooke, which i have no problem with btw. He chose to skate out to the blue line and get his clock cleaned. crosby was home with his own clock cleaning issues, has nothing to do with any of dipietro's poor decisions.

Dont get me wrong, i dislike crosby just as much as the next guy but thinking that dedicating the next game against the pens to targeting a pens skilled player is exactly what's wrong with the game today and yes borderline insane. having a no talent like gillies out there trying to injure the likes of a crosby because dipietro is a meathead, im sorry if you dont see the stupidity in that i dont really know what else to say.

If dipietro wants to fight him again or grab a hold of cooke and try and rip his head off, so be it im all for it. He made his bed if he wants to continue fighting go right ahead but the rest of the league shouldnt have to suffer while he tries to find SOMETHING he can do to help his team. apparently stopping the puck isnt an option.

the moral of the story is...the rick needs to grow up.
I guess what I'm really trying to say is, what happened to blindly protecting, avenging and fighting for teammates not because they are right or wrong in the situation...because they are your teammates, they are your family....somewhere along the line this part of the game is lost probably not only on this team but it stands out to me with the isles cause that's the only team I give a s*** about.

I've gotten my nose broken and lost a tooth on and off the ice because of friends and teammates that were completely wrong....without question I would do it again.

Old
02-04-2011, 03:33 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummergas View Post
I agree, but it's more than just having large players suit up. We need large players that aren't afraid of the damage they can cause. No more gentle giants like the legendary Oleg Kvasha. We need players who are human wreckingballs.

Easier said than done, of course...
Small guys hit under Lavy year one. Large guys didn't since except under Nolan.

Big guys who can and will hit and a coach who encourages it.

Old
02-04-2011, 03:37 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
I guess what I'm really trying to say is, what happened to blindly protecting, avenging and fighting for teammates not because they are right or wrong in the situation...because they are your teammates, they are your family....somewhere along the line this part of the game is lost probably not only on this team but it stands out to me with the isles cause that's the only team I give a s*** about.

I've gotten my nose broken and lost a tooth on and off the ice because of friends and teammates that were completely wrong....without question I would do it again.
don't do it if you're our goalie and always hurt. We need you healthy or it's time for an ECHL goalie (or worse: an off-ice official, Gary Boddington (courtesy of E.Godard's link)).

Old
02-04-2011, 03:50 PM
CaptDenisPotvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
don't do it if you're our goalie and always hurt. We need you healthy or it's time for an ECHL goalie (or worse: an off-ice official, Gary Boddington (courtesy of E.Godard's link)).
Hahaha just saw that in another thread

Old
02-04-2011, 03:52 PM
blitzkriegs

Glad Ricky is so sick of losing. He might want to whisper to his buddy Chuck the need to ice a NHL team. That might help...

blitzkriegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 03:57 PM
blitzkriegs

OTH, Bob mackenize was on the radio earlier and said Ricky's actions were "stupid" - folks when the premier journalist in the league calls your "fight" stupid, it is. IMO, DP is an albatross on this franchise.

Wang gave a big deal to an unmotivated player. He then gave one to an undisciplined and immature one. DP has that contract in his back pocket and Wang too. What coach in the world is gonna put DP is his place? Not anyone Wang would hire. Yet, a journeyman backup does it on behalf of isles fans. Sad, really sad.

blitzkriegs is offline   Reply With Quote