HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Brian Rolston

Old
02-02-2011, 11:31 AM
leafempire187

vCash: 500
mike komisarek straight up....you know you wannnnnnna

leafempire187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 11:36 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by svat View Post
I don't get the point of the thread though because me and you both know he isn't going to keep it up. I could go and pick any mediocre player on a hot streak right now and ask what his value is if he keeps it up, but it would be pointless because they probably wont. and if he does keep it up (rolston) I think teams would still be hesitant to take him on next year because his contract isn't great.
because it's fun to fantasize.

NJ adding komisarek would be like the leafs... adding komisarek!

GM17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 11:36 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Putting him on waivers to get rid of him for free is roughly equal to begging someone to take him.
It is still not as desperate as taking another team's salary dump in return, which is what you are proposing. And Rolston is playing well since getting waived. He is a good influence in the locker room. There is no reason other than his contract for him to be moved, so it's not like we desperately need to dump a cancer. We're not willing to take the salary dump in return, is what I'm saying.

We would still like to be rid of his cap hit, because that would make things easier cap-wise, but his contract is not hamstringing us to the point where he must be traded.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 11:38 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
It is still not as desperate as taking another team's salary dump in return, which is what you are proposing. And Rolston is playing well since getting waived. He is a good influence in the locker room. There is no reason other than his contract for him to be moved, so it's not like we desperately need to dump a cancer. We're not willing to take the salary dump in return, is what I'm saying.

We would still like to be rid of his cap hit, because that would make things easier cap-wise, but his contract is not hamstringing us to the point where he must be traded.
And that's fine, all I'm saying is not to expect much coming back if a move is done. And nobody is going to do the Devils any favors by sending anything that isn't a salary dump back to Jersey.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 11:42 AM
Hopkins to Hall

Sheldon Souray

Hopkins to Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 11:43 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
And that's fine, all I'm saying is not to expect much coming back if a move is done. And nobody is going to do the Devils any favors by sending anything that isn't a salary dump back to Jersey.
We're not expecting that. No Devils fan expects any significant return for Rolston. But we are not so desperate to move him that we will take salary dumps. In fact, I have said that we should ride out the contract.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 12:26 PM
SkullSplitter

Quote:
Right now that's a lottery pick. If Lou trades that in order to facilitate a salary dump, he should be fired. I'd rather keep Rolston.
Sorry, I forgot the sarcasm smiley

SkullSplitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 02:36 PM
MaritimeHockeyNut
BRUINSrCHAMPS nextyr

I still dont think you'd see a team touch him at d-day but at the end of season I can see him being traded for a bag of pucks if his production continues. If NJ has a chance i'd dump him then.

MaritimeHockeyNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 04:06 PM
apice3*

Quote:
We're not expecting that. No Devils fan expects any significant return for Rolston. But we are not so desperate to move him that we will take salary dumps. In fact, I have said that we should ride out the contract.
There's no point in reasoning with Rolston haters. People want to think that we expect the world for Rolston and they also think that we would take on their dump for our dump. The difference is, of all of the league's biggest salary dumps, Rolston is up there with the most useful. However, people can't acknowledge that he's more than capable of 3rd line and PK minutes and instead will offer their AHL scrubs making 6 mil. Then when you try to reason with them as to why we're not desperate and would rather keep our player, they call out the Devils franchise saying how no one will feel sorry and how we screwed ourselves with Kovy.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 04:25 PM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Wade Redden.

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 04:29 PM
Fire Julien

He'd find takers if he wasn't signed for one more year, otherwise you'll get the likes of Sheldon Souray , Scottie Gomez or Chris Drury.

Fire Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 04:33 PM
iCanada

vCash: 400
As an Oiler fan, I'd take Rolston and Clarkson in a heartbeat. Who do you guys want? Cogliano perhaps?

iCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 04:39 PM
Mgd31

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCanada View Post
As an Oiler fan, I'd take Rolston and Clarkson in a heartbeat. Who do you guys want? Cogliano perhaps?
Rolston and Clarkson vs. Cogliano?

Sure from a Devils fan, but I don't think Edmonton wants that.

Mgd31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 05:20 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

If Rolston can manage to end up salvaging 15-20 goals and 35-40 points, I wouldn't be surprised to see someone take him as a one year salary dump. He's still a serviceable NHL player.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 06:20 PM
iCanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGD31 View Post
Rolston and Clarkson vs. Cogliano?

Sure from a Devils fan, but I don't think Edmonton wants that.
Well, it isn't like we are using the capspace... getting a good value on assets seems like good management to me, even if Rolston spends all of 2011-2012 in the press box and is a role model for the kids.

Although, I dunno how much Katz would want to spend five million on a role model

Old
02-02-2011, 06:23 PM
apice3*

The fact that fans of the 6 Canadian teams think Clarkson is good makes me laugh and think that we might be able to unload him in the near future.

How Clarkson is the sweetener to dump 5 mil in Rolston PLUS Clarkson's 2.8ish for a 1 million dollar speedster with potential is mind boggling

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 06:38 PM
iCanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
The fact that fans of the 6 Canadian teams think Clarkson is good makes me laugh and think that we might be able to unload him in the near future.

How Clarkson is the sweetener to dump 5 mil in Rolston PLUS Clarkson's 2.8ish for a 1 million dollar speedster with potential is mind boggling
Give me this kid,

over this kid,

...every damn day of the week. I mean, Stortini is a pretty good hockey player, and isn't a fighter by nature... but every time he fights the other team grabs momentum. I like the kid, i like his effort, and if you give him a solid line he can play damn well... but in his role as an Oiler he is just ineffective.

Clarkson would be a huge upgrade, and could likely play third line minutes atleast as well as run around and actually... ya know, fight.

Old
02-02-2011, 06:42 PM
FanHabtic

If NJD were to waive Rolston again and then put him on recall waivers i am still convinced no one will bite. A stretch of 9 games of good play doesn't change an otherwise miserable 3 seasons of under-performing hockey.

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 06:59 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

The only way any team would take him is if Lemaire was their coach. And seeing how Lemaire is already coaching the Devils...

kyle evs48 is offline   Reply With Quote