HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bertrand Raymond: Leave him alone (Subban)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-02-2011, 01:58 PM
  #26
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 21,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleneck Plek View Post
The elephant in the room is so big, yet people try to act like there's nothing there. It's hilarious - and sad - in many ways.
Agreed...I know this all too well.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 02:30 PM
  #27
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1
 
HarlemsFinest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,488
vCash: 500
i think all this hoopla still motivates him. in the same vein that price was **** on so much last season and coming into this season. he knew what he had to do, and he wanted to win and stick it to the haters.

ain't nobody saying nothing by this time next year.

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 02:46 PM
  #28
Uber Coca
Registered User
 
Uber Coca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,149
vCash: 500
Agreeing with the article. But I didn't feel interpelled with this. Why? Because most fans already know this.

Raymond should concentrate on telling this to his RDS friends (morons) and the rest of the media clowns.

Uber Coca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 04:57 PM
  #29
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life
 
Turtleneck Plek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Agreed...I know this all too well.
I'm just waiting for the first person to slip and have a "nappy-headed hoe" moment about Subban. We'll see what happens to the elephant then.


Last edited by Turtleneck Plek: 02-02-2011 at 06:26 PM.
Turtleneck Plek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 05:57 PM
  #30
Nedved
Registered User
 
Nedved's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by saints96 View Post
translated



Soon after this much fun in Carolina, I was flabbergasted to hear various radio and television deeper analysis, coupled with petty criticisms, about the attitude of Subban who would, apparently he disgraced the Canadiens jersey by taking that of a competitor. Misery. For once he had received absolution from a veteran before executing.


Speaking of garage league.
ListenRead phonetically
Dictionary - View detailed dictionary
People were saying that Subban taking off his jersey and putting on Skinner's was disgracing the habs? . Who? I want to write them an email.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 06:02 PM
  #31
David_99
Registered User
 
David_99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Moncton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by saints96 View Post
Navels green as they liked.
I'm sorry, I couldn't get past this part.

David_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 06:10 PM
  #32
Shawn Wilken
Hockey's Future Staff
@CrimsonSkorpion
 
Shawn Wilken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 31,837
vCash: 50
Awards:
Sort of like Avery, where he is hated yet you'd take him on your team in a heart-beat.

I love it.

Shawn Wilken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 10:29 PM
  #33
Shadyone33
Registered User
 
Shadyone33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,205
vCash: 500
I'm going to read the article and posts tomorrow because I'm tired, but I just watched the Habs post game reaction and I really like what P.K. had to say about his teammates. I don't know how people can't love this kid. I think a lot of folks may have seen what the Habs fans like about him on All-Star weekend.

Shadyone33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 10:32 PM
  #34
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Bertrand Raymond is just trying to win the fans back after his terrible article on the Wiz and MAB.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 10:56 PM
  #35
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 27,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Bertrand Raymond is just trying to win the fans back after his terrible article on the Wiz and MAB.
He has more than one horrible article. I don't think he can write enough good articles for me to respect him.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 11:03 PM
  #36
deandebean
Registered User
 
deandebean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Gatineau, câlisse
Country: uriname
Posts: 10,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
Bertrand Raymond taking a shot at Yvon Pedneault... CATFIGHT!
Pedneault is considered a scab by Raymond.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 05:44 PM
  #37
Kimota
Three Bananas
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 23,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Really..? People wonder why Hartley can't get a coaching job?..The man is as bad a coach can be. He wears his ring with pride but the truth of the matter he failed as a coach even in Colorado. That team should have won more than one cup.
The depth that team had was just mindblowing, they were all-star teams. His first season there his roster included Sakic, Forsberg, Drury, Hejduk, Deadmarsh, Theo Fleury (deadline), Ozolinsh, Kamensky, Lemieux, Roy, Foote, Lefebvre..
Second year, Tanguay and Reid were added, Bourque, Andreychuk came at the deadline.
Third year when he finally won the cup, Blake was added at the deadline.
The talent this guy had under him was incredible. Give him an average team though and we all know how well he did in Atlanta.

The man, from his coaching to his opinions, is a joke.
Still, he won the cup. And i'm pretty sure there are MANY old school hockey guys that feels the way he does as far as PK wearing the Carolina jerseys. In fact I would bet the magority of NHL hockey guys feels that way. Knowing Pat Burns, he would have hated that.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 05:57 PM
  #38
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1
 
HarlemsFinest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,488
vCash: 500
pat burns wasn't a bougon, he wouldn't have minded imo.

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 08:06 PM
  #39
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 27,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Still, he won the cup. And i'm pretty sure there are MANY old school hockey guys that feels the way he does as far as PK wearing the Carolina jerseys. In fact I would bet the magority of NHL hockey guys feels that way. Knowing Pat Burns, he would have hated that.
What the heck are you talking about? If you think Pat Burns would have hated that, then I have a hard time believing you ''knew'' him.
And even if he would have, what's your point? I don't care if Jean Beliveau would be thinking the same, it would still be a completely moronic opinion.

Did you actually defend Bob Hartley?..Jean Perron won a freaking cup, who cares, the guy is an imbecile and I wouldn't want him to coach my nephew's atom team.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 10:26 PM
  #40
Samsonov14
Best chimp ever
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Wilmington, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 647
vCash: 500
I'm a Bruins fan. I feel weird posting over here, like I'm trespassing or something.

Here's the thing, though: I really like P.K. Subban. I know he's kind of an unfinished project at this point, but I like the way he plays and I enjoy his interviews. Someone in this thread said that he had a "Big Personality" and that's exactly right. He's a character.

As much as I hate the Habs (and I sure do), every time I watch them play I can't help but think that I'd really like it if that kid played for Boston.

Okay, I feel better now that I have that off my chest. I'll go back to the Bruins board now. Let's never mention this again.

Samsonov14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 10:43 PM
  #41
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,016
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by saints96 View Post
Bob Hartley was genuinely upset. He said that Subban should bleed bleu blanc et rouge and that wearing Skinner's jersey was a disgrace. ... Then people wonder why this guy cant get a coaching job after making ridiculous comments such as this one. He's a moron and has no place even commenting on hockey anymore after making such stupid comments. No matter what someone does in this hockey team, there will be someone to whining about it, Quebecers(english and french) are the biggest bunch of babies its not even funny.
Great post. I agree completely and yes that is a part of the reason why Hartley has been alienated from the nhl somewhat. But I really wish people stopped making generalizing statements about a social or ethnic group when trying to support an argument. Hartley isn't a Quebecer, he's from Hawkesbury On. Besides the vast majority of people I've heard complain about PK are not Quebecers.

Anyway, nothing personal, just bugs me when people do this. And in this case you coudn't be more wrong because the guy isn't even from the group you generalized.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 09:26 AM
  #42
Halifaxhab*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsonov14 View Post
I'm a Bruins fan. I feel weird posting over here, like I'm trespassing or something.

Here's the thing, though: I really like P.K. Subban. I know he's kind of an unfinished project at this point, but I like the way he plays and I enjoy his interviews. Someone in this thread said that he had a "Big Personality" and that's exactly right. He's a character.

As much as I hate the Habs (and I sure do), every time I watch them play I can't help but think that I'd really like it if that kid played for Boston.

Okay, I feel better now that I have that off my chest. I'll go back to the Bruins board now. Let's never mention this again.

Crying Game type shower needed after that one eh?

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 09:49 AM
  #43
Megaforce
Registered User
 
Megaforce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: St. Raymond NDG/Mtl
Country: Azerbaijan
Posts: 1,402
vCash: 500
Still can't figure how he ended up at 40 something overall.

I'd be pretty irritated if I was a fan of another team knowing my team had at least one chance to draft him and chose some other bozo instead.

In fact even Montreal opted for inferior talent prior to choosing him.

Megaforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 09:49 AM
  #44
dutchy29
Registered User
 
dutchy29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: SIRISAACBROCKVILLE
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,912
vCash: 500
I agreed with one of the first posters, Subban is an easy target because he is flashy, and refuses to tame it down just because hes in the biggest hockey market in the league.
The only issue I have is when his own teamates, coach, or fans don't support him in the media. But as Subban has shown time and time again, hes great under pressure, and the critiscism seems to run off his back. IMO Subban has exceeded expectations already as a player, and all this other media analysis is plain garbage.

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 10:02 AM
  #45
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
If Subban ever needs to figure out if the real fans in our fanbase hate him all he has to do is come to the habs section then contrast it with the rest of the leagues take on him and he'll quickly realize the fans here love him dearly.

I hope the kid doesn't read here much though if at all, all the pressure we put on the guy. He is going to be the next #1 D on our team a la Markov. It's going to be a few years maybe but even if he's peaked he's still a great defenseman. No way fans are going to hate on this guy. Unless of course he has ya know a bad season or something

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 10:09 AM
  #46
InglewoodJack
Registered User
 
InglewoodJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Châteauguay
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,361
vCash: 1907
Subban is the classic "Haters keep hating" case. Yeah hate him, he's as much of a sideshow as he is a player. And what a player he is. This is freakin' sports. Entertainment. Subban isn't a notary, a lawyer, or anything serious. HE PLAYS GAMES AND WILL BE A MILLIONAIRE BECAUSE OF IT. No **** he's going to have fun. Too bad more guys don't do the same.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 10:56 AM
  #47
teflondon
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12
vCash: 500
I wrote a reply on the article on RDS.ca, it was obviously not posted. I guess my comments were too real for them. I basically replied that the reason "people" wont leave him alone its because he is a so-called visible minority. We can avoid the topic, choose to ignore it but its so evident to me and many other people. Ovie jumps on the board after every goal kiss his finger and points it to the sky..no one says nothing..Taylor Hall celebrates a tying goal, I repeat, a tying goal and celebrates like he just won the cup..no one says nothing...if PK does it....he is cocky, no respect...Why is that???

Simple: its 2011 and unfortunately some are still uncomfortable with the fact that a black man dominates the way he does on the ice and takes somes space...sure there is Simmons, Grier, Byufligen and back then Carter...but they were quiet and playing a their role without too much noise...that's OK...BUT a PK being so dominant!!! No, no..that's not OK...I am surprise Richards did not say anything about Hall, Ovie, Stasny and Duchene doing their Cowboy dance celebration after a win...but PK doing a triple-low five with his teamate..that's a problem??... I agree with most of you, Bob Hartley is a loser...its just like basketball when Nate Robinson sported Spud Webb's jersey, respect and showmanship...PK was trying to show that he respects the talent of Skinner and obviously make it proud by pulling some great moves and make the fans cheer...Hockey needs to open their eyes to entertainment..no wonder Americans like to watch Nascar more then the NHL...my honest opinion...

teflondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 11:14 AM
  #48
teflondon
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12
vCash: 500
I wrote a reply on the article on RDS.ca, it was obviously not posted. I guess my comments were too real for them. I basically replied that the reason "people" wont leave him alone its because he is a so-called visible minority. We can avoid the topic, choose to ignore it but its so evident to me and many other people. Ovie jumps on the board after every goal kiss his finger and points it to the sky..no one says nothing..Taylor Hall celebrates a tying goal, I repeat, a tying goal and celebrates like he just won the cup..no one says nothing...if PK does it....he is cocky, no respect...Why is that???

Simple: its 2011 and unfortunately some are still uncomfortable with the fact that a black man dominates the way he does on the ice and takes somes space...sure there is Simmons, Grier, Byufligen and back then Carter...but they were quiet and playing a their role without too much noise...that's OK...BUT a PK being so dominant!!! No, no..that's not OK...I am surprise Richards did not say anything about Hall, Ovie, Stasny and Duchene doing their Cowboy dance celebration after a win...but PK doing a triple-low five with his teamate..that's a problem??... I agree with most of you, Bob Hartley is a loser...its just like basketball when Nate Robinson sported Spud Webb's jersey, respect and showmanship...PK was trying to show that he respects the talent of Skinner and obviously make it proud by pulling some great moves and make the fans cheer...Hockey needs to open their eyes to entertainment..no wonder Americans like to watch Nascar more then the NHL...my honest opinion...

teflondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 11:29 AM
  #49
Number8
Registered User
 
Number8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolkaTruesilver View Post
People really, genuinely, were annoyed at Subban wearing Skinner's jersey?

I mean, HABS FANS? Who were annoyed at Subban for a joke?

Please, tell me it's not true. Tell me they are closet ennemy fans instead who are trying to piss on Subban?
Bruins fan coming in peace.

Anyone who was mad at Subban for wearing Skinner's jersey needs to lighten up. Imagine, a young NHL player with a personality??? Isn't that what why everyone fawns over Ovechkin?

By the way, speaking of Ovechkin, I think Subban is lucky he didn't lose his knee on that hit. If PK had been any slower to react he'd be on crutches given that Ovechkin went in hard with his own leg out straight. Despite that, PK still took the high road during his interview and said he shouldn't have reacted.

Not sure what the gripe is with the kid. Would love him in Boston -- especially as he pisses off Mike Richards!

Number8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 11:33 AM
  #50
Gros Bonhomme
Benoit Brunet #1 Fan
 
Gros Bonhomme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 386
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Gros Bonhomme
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number8 View Post
Bruins fan coming in peace.

Anyone who was mad at Subban for wearing Skinner's jersey needs to lighten up. Imagine, a young NHL player with a personality??? Isn't that what why everyone fawns over Ovechkin?

By the way, speaking of Ovechkin, I think Subban is lucky he didn't lose his knee on that hit. If PK had been any slower to react he'd be on crutches given that Ovechkin went in hard with his own leg out straight. Despite that, PK still took the high road during his interview and said he shouldn't have reacted.

Not sure what the gripe is with the kid. Would love him in Boston -- especially as he pisses off Mike Richards!
At least we can all agree on something

Gros Bonhomme is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:54 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.