HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brodeur tweaks Rangers about missing the playoffs

Closed Thread

Old
02-02-2011, 10:28 PM
Noonansgoal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacmanghostx View Post
I apologize...

WAT?

Yeah, the Devils have been so pathetically irrelevant since 1988.

Where have you been, buddy?

You're correct, but the Devils still had to play four best-of-seven series in the postseason, so...
Right, however they were only 6 points from not making the playoffs at all. The Rangers made the playoffs that year with a losing record. There's just a really big difference between 48 games vs 82.

Old
02-02-2011, 10:28 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
It was playful. Brodeur obviously isn't fat. That's reserved for Jason Labarbera, 240 pounder right there.

But to be serious, no point in the constant bickering. In my point of view, you have to give credit where credit is due, and the Devils have been superior to the Rangers for ~15 years. You can't win arguments in that facet because of "bad attendance". I'd rather win 3 cups in 8 years than have good attendance numbers. The Devils aren't moving either, so it doesn't really matter. They had a fantastic run, and they deserve credit for it. Not that "half cup" bull.

As for Brodeur, he may be a tad overrated by some but the guy was incredible in his prime. 1st in shutouts, 1st in wins, 4 Vezinas, 3 Cups, most wins in a season, whatever record you see, Brodeur's name is not far behind. I know I'm a Ranger fan and should be "bashing" the Devils, but enough is enough, some of these arguments are awful. Playful joking is fine, arguing intelligently is fine, but some of this is mind-numbing. I expect better of my fellow Ranger fans.
At least we can agree on LaBarbera

I don't mean to sound biased as a Devils fan, but of course everything you said in this post above in regards to Marty and the Devils is correct and I respect that you can actually look at the facts and not bring up the silly arguments as some of your other fans have (which is mainly why I felt the need to comment on them) because some of the **** is just false and downright stupid (attendance, '95 half season, etc)

If you wouldn't expect me (as a Devils fan) to defend some of the stupid and false claims, well I don't know what to tell you then

Old
02-02-2011, 10:29 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

It's an inferiority complex. When the greatest player to ever play the game dubs your franchise Mickey Mouse it's going to stick. Marty is, in essence, Mickey Mouse with records and rings.

Still Mickey Mouse

JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chariot View Post
No... he's jealous because Mark Messier is a GOD of NY Sports and he isn't recognized outside of the small Devils world of hockey.

He's so obviously tweaked by Lundqvist getting the adoration of NYC nightlife and the GQ Star****er industry.

Lundqvist was a bigger STAR than Brodeur one week after he got here as far as NYC and the mass culture of NYC goes. Marty will never have that and that's why he's jealous. I agree that he shouldn't be. The records should be enough but I guess not. Sad really to want what you can not nor will never have.
I really don't think he gives a **** about that.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
Machinehead
★★★★

Quote:
Just to elaborate on the whole "Uncle Daddy" thing while I'm here...

Martin Brodeur had an affair with his wife's brother's wife - Not his wife's sister.

Marty divorced Melanie while Genevieve was divorcing Melanie's brother. The two of them eventually got married and had a child, however, since Marty was [obviously] already divorced before marrying and getting Genevieve pregnant and all ties to Genevieve as aunt of Martin's existing children were already severed during the divorce (Hence, sister-in-law.), Martin was never the uncle to his own children.

So, no, he is not "Uncle Daddy" and he's the father of five children with two different women. He is not the uncle and father of any one child.
Awesome, now I can sleep at night knowing Marty's sex life. It was really eating at me

Old
02-02-2011, 10:31 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post

I don't mean to sound biased as a Devils fan, but of course everything you said in this post above in regards to Marty and the Devils is correct and I respect that you can actually look at the facts and not bring up the silly arguments as some of your other fans have (which is mainly why I felt the need to comment on them) because some of the **** is just false and downright stupid (attendance, '95 half season, etc)

If you wouldn't expect me to defend some of the stupid and false claims, well I don't know what to tell you then
I don't expect anyone to not defend their player, it just doesn't usually happen on team specific boards from what I've seen.

Old
02-02-2011, 10:32 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
No matter how many Cups you win, you're still from New Jersey...
This is true.

PLEASE HELP ME GET OUT OF HERE.

Old
02-02-2011, 10:32 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Just to elaborate on the whole "Uncle Daddy" thing while I'm here...

Martin Brodeur had an affair with his wife's brother's wife - Not his wife's sister.

Marty divorced Melanie while Genevieve was divorcing Melanie's brother. The two of them eventually got married and had a child, however, since Marty was [obviously] already divorced before marrying and getting Genevieve pregnant and all ties to Genevieve as aunt of Martin's existing children were already severed during the divorce (Hence, sister-in-law.), Martin was never the uncle to his own children.

So, no, he is not "Uncle Daddy" and he's the father of five children with two different women. He is not the uncle and father of any one child.

Yep. And I love my home state. So this insult doesn't work, nor will it ever work.

I'm proud of being a part of a cult following of passionate hockey fans who have basically said "**** you." to New York City.

Yeah, I love the Yankees, but as long as the place where I was born and raised has a hockey team, you can bet my loyalty lies with the hockey club from Newark.

(I'd be mad if I was a fan of the team from the big, bad city while the team from the other side of the river won three Cups, too.)

Riiiight, but to the kids that were not his.... their Uncle became their Daddy. No?

Old
02-02-2011, 10:33 PM
Machinehead
★★★★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post

If you wouldn't expect me to defend some of the stupid and false claims, well I don't know what to tell you then
Much of it is explicitly untrue of course. The whole idea of making fun of someone, is to make jokes. Jokes are often not real. So obviously Marty is fat, he's overrated, and he's banging his wife's sister's son's uncledaddy's first nephew in law twice removed. Don't take our verbal lashings for intended facts.

Old
PacManNJD
Let's get clever.

Quote:
Thank you.

Martin Brodeur will go down as one of the greatest goaltenders to ever wear an NHL uniform. I highly doubt the popularity of a player who retired several years ago is eating away at him, nor is the popularity of the Sons of Nightlife who moonlight as professional hockey players.

Old
Machinehead
★★★★

Quote:
This is true.

PLEASE HELP ME GET OUT OF HERE.
Oh...sorry

Old
02-02-2011, 10:34 PM
PacManNJD
Let's get clever.

Quote:
Riiiight, but to the kids that were not his.... their Uncle became their Daddy. No?
Nope. Genevieve never had kids before marrying Marty.

Old
02-02-2011, 10:35 PM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
Quote:
It's an inferiority complex. When the greatest player to ever play the game dubs your franchise Mickey Mouse it's going to stick. Marty is, in essence, Mickey Mouse with records and rings.

Still Mickey Mouse
well, im convinced.

Old
02-02-2011, 10:36 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
I think he does slightly. He's arguably the best goalie to ever play, has set different records, won endless amounts of trophies but he doesn't get as much recognition as he should. This isn't a slight to Jersey or the Jersey fans but had he played in New York, he'd be getting endless publicity and attention for what he's done. I think that's why he has a deep hatred of the Rangers, because they're the ones that always got the attention even when the Rangers sucked and the Devils were winning Cups.

Old
02-02-2011, 10:39 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
I think he does slightly. He's arguably the best goalie to ever play, has set different records, won endless amounts of trophies but he doesn't get as much recognition as he should. This isn't a slight to Jersey or the Jersey fans but had he played in New York, he'd be getting endless publicity and attention for what he's done. I think that's why he has a deep hatred of the Rangers, because they're the ones that always got the attention even when the Rangers sucked and the Devils were winning Cups.
I think he just hates Avery.

Old
02-02-2011, 10:39 PM
Blue Line Monster

Quote:
Thank you.

Martin Brodeur will go down as one of the greatest goaltenders to ever wear an NHL uniform. I highly doubt the popularity of a player who retired several years ago is eating away at him, nor is the popularity of the Sons of Nightlife who moonlight as professional hockey players.

False. He'll go down as having one of the best careers of any goaltender. Big difference. Any other above average goaltender put into his situation would have had comparable accomplishments.

He certainly isn't one of the best goaltenders ever. (read: most dominant)

Old
02-02-2011, 10:40 PM
PacManNJD
Let's get clever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
I can agree with this to a certain extent.

By default, the Devils play second-fiddle to the NYR just because they play in Jersey while the Rangers are in Manhattan. And it's not just the NY media giving the Devils the cold shoulder, it's sometimes the NHL and other fans as a whole.

You can bet that if the Devils (The Devils that actually win games, of course.) played in any other market in which there wasn't already a hockey team, the NHL would be pimping the **** out of them and they'd be selling out every home game.

Old
02-02-2011, 10:40 PM
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk

Fortunately, there are level-minded posters like Brian Boyle who see this 'story' for what it is - NOTHING. Marty, I'm sure, is well aware that the Rangers have gotten the best of him and the Devils this year.

Keep reveling in our misery for this year though, because deep down you all know it won't last.

Old
02-02-2011, 10:41 PM
PacManNJD
Let's get clever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Line Monster View Post
False. He'll go down as having one of the best careers of any goaltender. Big difference. Any other above average goaltender put into his situation would have had comparable accomplishments.

Okay, fine.

I'll agree and accept defeat because I really don't want to argue this now.

Old
02-02-2011, 10:41 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Line Monster View Post

Wow, seriously? Brodeur was dominant in his prime.

Old
02-02-2011, 10:42 PM
PacManNJD
Let's get clever.

For the record...

Brian Boyle: Great poster, will read again. A+++++

Old
02-02-2011, 10:42 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Dangleaitis View Post

Fortunately, there are level-minded posters like Brian Boyle who see this 'story' for what it is - NOTHING. Marty, I'm sure, is well aware that the Rangers have gotten the best of him and the Devils this year.

Keep reveling in our misery for this year though, because deep down you all know it won't last.

Oh yeah, i'm totally jealous of you guys. Especially now.

You guys really are quite insecure, just so you know.

Old
02-02-2011, 10:43 PM
McDonaghisGod
Why not us?

Quote:
Nope. Genevieve never had kids before marrying Marty.
Facts should never get in the way of humor. He'll always be Uncle Daddy to me.

Old
02-02-2011, 10:44 PM
Blue Line Monster

It's funny. I've read a few Devil's GDT's this year, and they cry for their mods any time fans of another team post on their boards, but here they all are.

Old
02-02-2011, 10:45 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
For the record...

Brian Boyle: Great poster, will read again. A+++++
He's kind of tubby but yeah I like him. He's ok in my book.

And some people here really need to stop making the rest of us look bad. The attendance jokes and whatnot don't look good in a debate or argument. Just makes us look stupid and jealous. Marty's a great goalie and was dominant in his prime. Now as to whether he was the best ever is up for debate but throwing out statements like he was never dominant and any above average goalie would of put up the same stats is asinine.

Closed Thread