HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bertrand Raymond: Leave him alone (Subban)

Old
02-02-2011, 11:33 AM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

vCash: 500
Bertrand Raymond: Leave him alone (Subban)

Can someone translate; I'm kinda busy; thanks

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/314309.html

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 11:41 AM
Santino

translated

Over the years I have watched dozens of recruits who have tried to make their place in the formation of a Canadian. Good and bad. Of disciplined and controversial. Recruits who have come and gone and others who skated to the Pantheon. Some who were not worthy to wear this jersey and bibs others whose swing high into the Bell Centre.

I saw get the ultimate rookie, Guy Lafleur, hours after announcing the retirement of Jean Beliveau. I saw young land that would become, like Lafleur, real Glorious: Shutt, Dryden, Robinson, Gainey and Roy.

One evening, in the furnace of the Boston Garden, two young warriors, Risebrough and Tremblay had the impression of playing career by playing their first game in the league face daunting Bruins. They held their ground and are never returned to the minors. Navels green as they liked.

It was another era, you might say. An era in which youth took their hole by bending the knee to the veterans and losing sleep to fear that they inspired their coaches. However, I do not remember that we have treated a young PK Subban as hard as that, though, is big enough for one day write his own chapter in the glorious history of the Canadiens.

Yet, as an untouchable Lafleur, the only man worthy of succeeding Beliveau has drooled quite intractable under the leadership of Scotty Bowman. No coach could not go so far as to threaten Flower yield to the minor leagues. That Bowman has done in his case and that of Shutt without the slightest embarrassment. To use an expression dear to Jacques Demers, the two players have put in 1092 before storing skates. I guess that Bowman could not know.

We will not repeat what coach Jacques Martin, a few veterans of the team and even a certain faction of the public and media were subjected to Subban this season. Martin, Subban brilliantly repaired during the playoffs last spring, decided to put him in penance as we did in grade school. At great shots slaps on the wrist. "Go in the corner, my young. You get out of there when you speak the same language as others. "

For their part, veterans full of their privileged status, who feared having to give him a little bit of their personal visibility, have ratted on the sly. Not very uplifting stuff.

He has done things

Today, I'm against the fact that this kind of behavior continues with Subban. Whatever he does, the young defender must constantly defend his actions when he does advocate that the style which quickly led the National League. He is a genius. Before thoroughbreds in its genre, it does not make barriers. We let them run. We let them express themselves.

At 21 and with 61 games of experience under his belt, playoffs included, Subban was one of two Canadian representatives with Carey Price at All-Star Game. There it is presented with his usual exuberance, both pleased and honored to have been invited to play in the big leagues.

In public, he behaved with class. On the red carpet, he signed autographs with a smile, sometimes employing a chat with his new fans. On the ice, it was equal to itself, expressive, dramatic and super talented. During the contest of skill, we have watched him do his thing. Yet we heard no star player said he was too. That had to change what he saw within his own team.

The entire league already knows who he is. When he played with the aplomb of a veteran to replace Andrei Markov during the spring series, against two teams that the Canadian was not supposed to win, he attracted the attention of the league as a whole. It was an incredible talent and a lot of guts to appear that way with an experience of only two games in the NHL.

And it continues as it was found Tuesday in Washington. His coach asked him to focus on weapons of mass destruction Capitals, Alexander Ovechkin. Does it put him out of harm's way with aplomb? Tell me, how many are there as advocates for 21 years throughout the league capable of performing as adequately as difficult a task as this?

If the defender of the San Jose Sharks, Dan Boyle, suggested he wear the jersey of the young local star Jeff Skinner to win the sympathy of supporters of the Carolina Hurricanes, is a sign that already knows a lot about him in the circuit. Boyle would not have made this suggestion if it had not seen him in a merry prankster able to play the game to animate the crowd.

When he was executed, the star players have observed, the amused gaze. Skinner seemed particularly pleased to see him test the reaction from the crowd with his sweater. In short, it was fun and entertaining in a contest of skill that lends itself well to this kind of tomfoolery. Who can forget the sight of Ovechkin, carrying a straw hat and sunglasses, hurtling toward the guard with two sticks in their hands during the tournament all-star game at the Bell Centre? Are they accused him of being disrespectful to her sport? Not at all. We found funny, dramatic and rather nice.

Soon after this much fun in Carolina, I was flabbergasted to hear various radio and television deeper analysis, coupled with petty criticisms, about the attitude of Subban who would, apparently he disgraced the Canadiens jersey by taking that of a competitor. Misery. For once he had received absolution from a veteran before executing.

Why does one deals like this?

When will it be left alone? If Subban lacked the rind as strong, if not already hardened against criticism, it would probably be able to undermine his confidence good. It would have made him an advocate more nervous dare run any risk and who look like any young athlete who is predicted the number one position as champion of the team within two or three years.

Subban did nothing wrong by wearing a sweater Hurricanes during two minutes. I'd be very surprised if the president and owner Geoff Molson is stifled in his beer, looking at his players playing to the gallery that way. The sweater of the Canadiens, Subban will be hundreds of opportunities to wear proudly during a career that looks promising. A career that we will see all the colors so we can finally let him speak without falling over each time he does not behave like Jean Beliveau.

One foot in mouth

Heard on the radio, following the All-Star Game, an analyst for the state that the wave-Star Game offered a spectacle worthy of the beer leagues. The same guy enthusiastically analysis parts of Quebec-Montreal series.

Speaking of garage league.
ListenRead phonetically
Dictionary - View detailed dictionary

Santino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 11:46 AM
DJyellow

Send a message via ICQ to DJyellow
Not a fan of Raymond, but this is a great article and I am 100% on board with his opinions.

I guess the fact that he plays for Montreal with such a big personality makes him an easy target.

DJyellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 11:47 AM
PricePkPatch

People really, genuinely, were annoyed at Subban wearing Skinner's jersey?

I mean, HABS FANS? Who were annoyed at Subban for a joke?

Please, tell me it's not true. Tell me they are closet ennemy fans instead who are trying to piss on Subban?

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 11:48 AM
Miller Time

good... it's about time people in the media start sticking up for him.

Bottom line is that above all else, Subban is a great human being.

we've heard countless examples of it, and yesterday on CBC radio they were discussing yet another situation where he went out of his way to show he really does care and honor the immense privilege he has (pretty typical "athlete spends time with underpriviledged kid" story, but the person commenting, who was there for it, couldn't stop gushing about how great and genuinely engaged he was, and how he spent way more time with the family than anyone had expected, or that the commentator had seen other athletes do in the past).

Subban is a great athlete, and will continue to get better. I hope he doesn't lose an iota of his flamboyance and personality, b/c imo it's only a reflection of how much he loves life.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 11:50 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Good article, but it was a longtime coming.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 11:54 AM
Santino

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolkaTruesilver View Post
People really, genuinely, were annoyed at Subban wearing Skinner's jersey?I mean, HABS FANS? Who were annoyed at Subban for a joke?

Please, tell me it's not true. Tell me they are closet ennemy fans instead who are trying to piss on Subban?
Bob Hartley was genuinely upset. He said that Subban should bleed bleu blanc et rouge and that wearing Skinner's jersey was a disgrace. ... Then people wonder why this guy cant get a coaching job after making ridiculous comments such as this one. He's a moron and has no place even commenting on hockey anymore after making such stupid comments. No matter what someone does in this hockey team, there will be someone to whining about it, Quebecers(english and french) are the biggest bunch of babies its not even funny.

Old
02-02-2011, 11:57 AM

Probably the only article i've ever bothered to read by Bertrand Raymond...

Good job and fully agreed...

417 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 12:02 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Who cares about what others think of P.K, bottom line is this kid has so much talent and for once we finally have a kid that's capable of playing against the best of the world and himself going to be a star in this league. He will be here for a long time, better get use to him

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 12:03 PM
Haddock

Raymond is way past his prime, as exemplified by his recent Bergeron > Wisniewski piece, but yeah, more people need to say this. PK is awesome and hasn't done anything wrong.

Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 12:05 PM
Pleky Roks

Subban is one of the best prospects we've had in recent years. The kid has great potential but yet people would rather bad-mouth him and pick on him because he is an exciting player.

Leave the kid alone and let him play the game!!! He's a rookie, he's going to make rookie mistakes.....but for the most part, he's one of the Habs best defencemen and will be for years to come, that is if he doesn't ask to be traded out of the city because of the media and foolish fans who'd rather hate him than let him play his game.

Pleky Roks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 12:07 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolkaTruesilver View Post
People really, genuinely, were annoyed at Subban wearing Skinner's jersey?

I mean, HABS FANS? Who were annoyed at Subban for a joke?

Yeah dude, you should of listened to CKAC. I wanted to call in and ask them where those people lived

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 12:08 PM
Picaroon

The more fanbases that hate on Subban, the more likely he will stay here in Montreal.

Picaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Who cares about what others think of P.K, bottom line is this kid has so much talent and for once we finally have a kid that's capable of playing against the best of the world and himself going to be a star in this league. He will be here for a long time, better get use to him
Normally...I would agree with you, but in this case. There's just something that bothers me about it more than usual. I'd love to elaborate, but this is neither the place nor the time

Man, good thing I never got that Mod job...I like risqué discussions way too much lol

417 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 12:11 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Quote:
Originally Posted by saints96 View Post
translated

Over the years I have watched dozens of recruits who have tried to make their place in the formation of a Canadian. Good and bad. Of disciplined and controversial. Recruits who have come and gone and others who skated to the Pantheon. Some who were not worthy to wear this jersey and bibs others whose swing high into the Bell Centre.

I saw get the ultimate rookie, Guy Lafleur, hours after announcing the retirement of Jean Beliveau. I saw young land that would become, like Lafleur, real Glorious: Shutt, Dryden, Robinson, Gainey and Roy.

One evening, in the furnace of the Boston Garden, two young warriors, Risebrough and Tremblay had the impression of playing career by playing their first game in the league face daunting Bruins. They held their ground and are never returned to the minors. Navels green as they liked.

It was another era, you might say. An era in which youth took their hole by bending the knee to the veterans and losing sleep to fear that they inspired their coaches. However, I do not remember that we have treated a young PK Subban as hard as that, though, is big enough for one day write his own chapter in the glorious history of the Canadiens.

Yet, as an untouchable Lafleur, the only man worthy of succeeding Beliveau has drooled quite intractable under the leadership of Scotty Bowman. No coach could not go so far as to threaten Flower yield to the minor leagues. That Bowman has done in his case and that of Shutt without the slightest embarrassment. To use an expression dear to Jacques Demers, the two players have put in 1092 before storing skates. I guess that Bowman could not know.

We will not repeat what coach Jacques Martin, a few veterans of the team and even a certain faction of the public and media were subjected to Subban this season. Martin, Subban brilliantly repaired during the playoffs last spring, decided to put him in penance as we did in grade school. At great shots slaps on the wrist. "Go in the corner, my young. You get out of there when you speak the same language as others. "

For their part, veterans full of their privileged status, who feared having to give him a little bit of their personal visibility, have ratted on the sly. Not very uplifting stuff.

He has done things

Today, I'm against the fact that this kind of behavior continues with Subban. Whatever he does, the young defender must constantly defend his actions when he does advocate that the style which quickly led the National League. He is a genius. Before thoroughbreds in its genre, it does not make barriers. We let them run. We let them express themselves.

At 21 and with 61 games of experience under his belt, playoffs included, Subban was one of two Canadian representatives with Carey Price at All-Star Game. There it is presented with his usual exuberance, both pleased and honored to have been invited to play in the big leagues.

In public, he behaved with class. On the red carpet, he signed autographs with a smile, sometimes employing a chat with his new fans. On the ice, it was equal to itself, expressive, dramatic and super talented. During the contest of skill, we have watched him do his thing. Yet we heard no star player said he was too. That had to change what he saw within his own team.

The entire league already knows who he is. When he played with the aplomb of a veteran to replace Andrei Markov during the spring series, against two teams that the Canadian was not supposed to win, he attracted the attention of the league as a whole. It was an incredible talent and a lot of guts to appear that way with an experience of only two games in the NHL.

And it continues as it was found Tuesday in Washington. His coach asked him to focus on weapons of mass destruction Capitals, Alexander Ovechkin. Does it put him out of harm's way with aplomb? Tell me, how many are there as advocates for 21 years throughout the league capable of performing as adequately as difficult a task as this?

If the defender of the San Jose Sharks, Dan Boyle, suggested he wear the jersey of the young local star Jeff Skinner to win the sympathy of supporters of the Carolina Hurricanes, is a sign that already knows a lot about him in the circuit. Boyle would not have made this suggestion if it had not seen him in a merry prankster able to play the game to animate the crowd.

When he was executed, the star players have observed, the amused gaze. Skinner seemed particularly pleased to see him test the reaction from the crowd with his sweater. In short, it was fun and entertaining in a contest of skill that lends itself well to this kind of tomfoolery. Who can forget the sight of Ovechkin, carrying a straw hat and sunglasses, hurtling toward the guard with two sticks in their hands during the tournament all-star game at the Bell Centre? Are they accused him of being disrespectful to her sport? Not at all. We found funny, dramatic and rather nice.

Soon after this much fun in Carolina, I was flabbergasted to hear various radio and television deeper analysis, coupled with petty criticisms, about the attitude of Subban who would, apparently he disgraced the Canadiens jersey by taking that of a competitor. Misery. For once he had received absolution from a veteran before executing.

Why does one deals like this?

When will it be left alone? If Subban lacked the rind as strong, if not already hardened against criticism, it would probably be able to undermine his confidence good. It would have made him an advocate more nervous dare run any risk and who look like any young athlete who is predicted the number one position as champion of the team within two or three years.

Subban did nothing wrong by wearing a sweater Hurricanes during two minutes. I'd be very surprised if the president and owner Geoff Molson is stifled in his beer, looking at his players playing to the gallery that way. The sweater of the Canadiens, Subban will be hundreds of opportunities to wear proudly during a career that looks promising. A career that we will see all the colors so we can finally let him speak without falling over each time he does not behave like Jean Beliveau.

One foot in mouth

Heard on the radio, following the All-Star Game, an analyst for the state that the wave-Star Game offered a spectacle worthy of the beer leagues. The same guy enthusiastically analysis parts of Quebec-Montreal series.

Speaking of garage league.
ListenRead phonetically
Dictionary - View detailed dictionary
Thank you very much for the translation

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 12:12 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithsonhab View Post
The more fanbases that hate on Subban, the more likely he will stay here in Montreal.
Well, yeah, but it doesn't help when supposed fans of our own fanbase hate Subban...

Vasculio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 12:49 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Pretty much the only good article to ever come out of Bert Raymond's mind.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 12:55 PM
Jigger77

Wow, did I just completely agree with Bertrand Raymond?

Fantastic read.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 12:57 PM
Maxpac

Wow, now i HAVE to watch "Sport du lit" tomorrow at 7:30!

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 12:59 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Agreeing with Raymond makes you realize how dumb these other "journalists" were....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 01:17 PM
Erik Estrada

I agree with Raymond's article. Leave PK alone!

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 01:23 PM
Bloumeister
#JeSuisCharlie

Quote:
Un pied dans la bouche

Entendu à la radio, au lendemain du match des étoiles, un analyste en vue des ondes affirmer que le match des étoiles a offert un spectacle digne des ligues de garage. Le même gars analyse avec enthousiasme les parties de la série Québec-Montréal.

Parlant de ligue de garage.
Bertrand Raymond taking a shot at Yvon Pedneault... CATFIGHT!

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 01:47 PM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Normally...I would agree with you, but in this case. There's just something that bothers me about it more than usual. I'd love to elaborate, but this is neither the place nor the time

Man, good thing I never got that Mod job...I like risqué discussions way too much lol
The elephant in the room is so big, yet people try to act like there's nothing there. It's hilarious - and sad - in many ways.

Turtleneck Plek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 02:05 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by saints96 View Post
Bob Hartley was genuinely upset. He said that Subban should bleed bleu blanc et rouge and that wearing Skinner's jersey was a disgrace. ... Then people wonder why this guy cant get a coaching job after making ridiculous comments such as this one. He's a moron and has no place even commenting on hockey anymore after making such stupid comments. No matter what someone does in this hockey team, there will be someone to whining about it, Quebecers(english and french) are the biggest bunch of babies its not even funny.
Really..? People wonder why Hartley can't get a coaching job?..The man is as bad a coach can be. He wears his ring with pride but the truth of the matter he failed as a coach even in Colorado. That team should have won more than one cup.
The depth that team had was just mindblowing, they were all-star teams. His first season there his roster included Sakic, Forsberg, Drury, Hejduk, Deadmarsh, Theo Fleury (deadline), Ozolinsh, Kamensky, Lemieux, Roy, Foote, Lefebvre..
Second year, Tanguay and Reid were added, Bourque, Andreychuk came at the deadline.
Third year when he finally won the cup, Blake was added at the deadline.
The talent this guy had under him was incredible. Give him an average team though and we all know how well he did in Atlanta.

The man, from his coaching to his opinions, is a joke.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 02:06 PM
Santino

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post
Thank you very much for the translation
dont mention it