HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Real Islander Fans!!!

Old
02-02-2011, 10:09 PM
LAIslanderFan

vCash: 500
Real Islander Fans!!!

I've been reading alot of the responses on this board and there seem to be a large number of "Islander fans" that take enjoyment out of the Islanders misfortunes. I get the sense that if the Islanders were a successful team, they'd be disappointed and wouldn't know how to react. I would like to use this thread to recognize the positives of our team.

DP's run in with Cooke was a positive. DiPietro obviously cares a great deal about this team, and it was a sign of his passion that led to that incident. The fact that Brent Johnson beat him in that fight, only raises my anger at the Penguins. The supposed Islander fans on this board PREFER to use that issue as an excuse to denegrade the Islanders, instead of standing by their team. Then like the mindless group of cattle they are, they try and top each other with their insults. You guys should go off to a room somewhere and jerk each other off. In my opinon, you have no right to ever question an Islanders heart. Where's your heart? Where's your sense of loyalty? The Islanders actually played a pretty good game tonight. The Penquins scored on a powerplay they shouldn't have had and a high stick to Martinek's face that should have been a penalty. The empty net was a result of that. Through most of the 3rd period the Penguins were busy chasing the Islanders around. To read some of the posts, you'd think the Islanders got blown out of the arena!!!

Did the high stick on Martinek bother anybody? How about the Comeau hit not being called? There was a check early on DP, no call!! That pissed me off, I guess I was the only one based on what I've been reading. I was frustrated too, and I understand why DP did what he did!!!

LAIslanderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 10:37 PM
Backhand of Justice
Casey Zeeky

I love the Isles with my heart and soul, but they haven't been able to give us a reason to cheer for a while. And basically, we look like the joke of the NHL once again. In a season, where we should've been able to make the playoffs, obviously us fans are gonna be pissed off like this.

It's not our fault that the organization is run by a cheapo in Wang, and a mediocre GM in Snow. It's ridiculous how bad we are. While we show flashes of greatness, it's not good enough. We haven't won a playoff series since 93, and we haven't had an above average year since 01-02. I'm getting impatient, and I want to see the Islanders get stability, within the future on Long Island and on the ice.

Backhand of Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 10:48 PM
mygameworn

Send a message via AIM to mygameworn
The "high stick" was a follow through, s**t happens. The hit on Comeau was a different story. You can't expect every Islander fan to have the same exact opinion as everyone views things differently. So take it down a notch...

mygameworn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 10:48 PM
Strummergas

To put it simply, this team ***** on us so we return the favor. Once the team's attitude towards is dwindling die-hard fan base improves, you'll probably see a different reaction from the fans.

Not sure how long you've been a fan, but most of us here have just been brow-beaten by the ineptitude of the team for the last 18 years and can hardly stand it anymore.

Strummergas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 10:49 PM
LAIslanderFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLio21093 View Post
I love the Isles with my heart and soul, but they haven't been able to give us a reason to cheer for a while. And basically, we look like the joke of the NHL once again. In a season, where we should've been able to make the playoffs, obviously us fans are gonna be pissed off like this.

It's not our fault that the organization is run by a cheapo in Wang, and a mediocre GM in Snow. It's ridiculous how bad we are. While we show flashes of greatness, it's not good enough. We haven't won a playoff series since 93, and we haven't had an above average year since 01-02. I'm getting impatient, and I want to see the Islanders get stability, within the future on Long Island and on the ice.
I understand the frustration, but that's still no reason to turn on the team. After DP's fight tonight, it annoyed me the way the Penguin bench reacted. My anger was directed at the Penguins, and all I could think about was getting back at them in the next game. From the posts I read on this site, it seemed to me the Islander fans preferred to verbally take it out on the Islanders, when they should have been directing their anger towards the Penguins. And they almost seemed to be enjoying the fact.

Last edited by LAIslanderFan: 02-02-2011 at 11:00 PM.
Old
02-02-2011, 10:53 PM
LAIslanderFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Closet Ranger Fan View Post
The "high stick" was a follow through, s**t happens. The hit on Comeau was a different story. You can't expect every Islander fan to have the same exact opinion as everyone views things differently. So take it down a notch...
The high stick was a penalty. That's not even debatable. The rule says you're supposed to be in control of your stick at all times. Instead of a goal it should have been a powerplay.

Old
02-02-2011, 10:54 PM
Boik14

I dont take any enjoyment out of my team sucking. Part of being a "real fan" is admitting when your team sucks and being as brutally honest in the evaluation of your team as you hope your GM would be. But when your franchise is run by puppets and knuckleheads its hard to find the pleasure that watching them is supposed to bring. I understand the perspective of even the most sour fans because this is New York and its not supposed to be a small market team, yet because of the conditions of the stadium, lease and possibly other factors we are not necessarily privy to that is what we are stuck with and I guess that is hard for some people to understand/comprehend or maybe they just cant deal with it.

Boik14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 10:59 PM
LAIslanderFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummergas View Post
To put it simply, this team ***** on us so we return the favor. Once the team's attitude towards is dwindling die-hard fan base improves, you'll probably see a different reaction from the fans.

Not sure how long you've been a fan, but most of us here have just been brow-beaten by the ineptitude of the team for the last 18 years and can hardly stand it anymore.
I've been an Islander fan since 1972- 1973. I used to see then practice at Royal Ice Rink in Kings Park before it became Royal Ice Rink ( I don't know what it's called now or if it even exists anymore).

This team is still rebuiding. Clearly they have several players that are fill ins until we add more depth, they also have alot of young players that are still figuring it out. The physical tools aren't there yet, either because the skills are lacking or they haven't developed yet. But by and large I think they play hard every night. Most of the time the result isn't positive, sometimes it is. If you listen to out of town announcers, they often state that the Islanders are a team that works hard every night.

Old
02-02-2011, 11:00 PM
Hockify

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAIslanderFan View Post
The high stick was a penalty. That's not even debatable. The rule says you're supposed to be in control of your stick at all times. Instead of a goal it should have been a powerplay.
Says it but they only apply that sometimes.
Recently one of the Isles players was hit off balance and falling down and his stick hit someone and he got a penalty for it because you are responsible for your stick no matter what. I think it was either Comeau or Bailey, my friends and family were fuming over it.

Hockify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 11:02 PM
Hockify

Quote:
I understand the frustration, but that's still no reason to turn on the team. After DP's fight tonight, it annoyed me the way the Penguin bench reacted. My anger was directed at the Penguins, and all I could think about was getting back at them in the next game. From the posts I read on this site, it seemed to me the Islander fans preferred to verbally take it out on the Islanders, when they should have been directing their anger towards the Penguins. And they almost seemed to be enjoying the fact.
I think its better to stand up for your team and fight than to just take it from another team and lose. No offense but the Islanders have done that many times and fans got mad at that too so where does that leave them?

Hockify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 11:04 PM
LAIslanderFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boik14 View Post
I dont take any enjoyment out of my team sucking. Part of being a "real fan" is admitting when your team sucks and being as brutally honest in the evaluation of your team as you hope your GM would be. But when your franchise is run by puppets and knuckleheads its hard to find the pleasure that watching them is supposed to bring. I understand the perspective of even the most sour fans because this is New York and its not supposed to be a small market team, yet because of the conditions of the stadium, lease and possibly other factors we are not necessarily privy to that is what we are stuck with and I guess that is hard for some people to understand/comprehend or maybe they just cant deal with it.
There's a difference between honest criticism and gleefully mocking the team!!! There are people on this site that seem to try and top each other with insults. After a while they seem to lose perspective.

Old
02-02-2011, 11:05 PM
rollin109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockify View Post
Says it but they only apply that sometimes.
Recently one of the Isles players was hit off balance and falling down and his stick hit someone and he got a penalty for it because you are responsible for your stick no matter what. I think it was either Comeau or Bailey, my friends and family were fuming over it.
It was Bailey and they shouldnt be fuming over it, it is the rule, they should however be fuming that the one tonight wasnt called. Like a previous poster pointed out the goal should not have been allowed and the Isles should have gotten a power play. Rules is Rules

rollin109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 11:06 PM
It Was 4 to 1
Penguins MVPs

agreed wholeheartedly

It Was 4 to 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 11:07 PM
Backhand of Justice
Casey Zeeky

Quote:
You've obviously haven't been a fan for that long. When the Islanders get laughed at, they do nothing to come back and prove people wrong. Look at the Flyers game back in October, when they were completely humiliated, they didn't do one thing to come back at the Flyers at the next game, and continued to lose hockey games, which I believe was the start of our 20 out of 21 losses skid.

This team has given us no reason to be happy. We joke to make things easier for us because we've been put through so much ******** this decade (with the exception of 2001-02). I understand you want to get back at the Pens, but yea, realize that the Isles aren't going to do a damn thing about it.

Backhand of Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 11:08 PM
LAIslanderFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockify View Post
I think its better to stand up for your team and fight than to just take it from another team and lose. No offense but the Islanders have done that many times and fans got mad at that too so where does that leave them?
What it comes down to, is that Islander fans need to make it more of us (the islanders and their fans) against them (whoever the Islanders are playing and sometimes their fans). Instead it us (Islander fans and the Islanders opponants) against them (the Islanders).

Old
02-02-2011, 11:10 PM
Drivefor5

Quote:
I've been reading alot of the responses on this board and there seem to be a large number of "Islander fans" that take enjoyment out of the Islanders misfortunes. I get the sense that if the Islanders were a successful team, they'd be disappointed and wouldn't know how to react. I would like to use this thread to recognize the positives of our team.

DP's run in with Cooke was a positive. DiPietro obviously cares a great deal about this team, and it was a sign of his passion that led to that incident. The fact that Brent Johnson beat him in that fight, only raises my anger at the Penguins. The supposed Islander fans on this board PREFER to use that issue as an excuse to denegrade the Islanders, instead of standing by their team. Then like the mindless group of cattle they are, they try and top each other with their insults. You guys should go off to a room somewhere and jerk each other off. In my opinon, you have no right to ever question an Islanders heart. Where's your heart? Where's your sense of loyalty? The Islanders actually played a pretty good game tonight. The Penquins scored on a powerplay they shouldn't have had and a high stick to Martinek's face that should have been a penalty. The empty net was a result of that. Through most of the 3rd period the Penguins were busy chasing the Islanders around. To read some of the posts, you'd think the Islanders got blown out of the arena!!!

Did the high stick on Martinek bother anybody? How about the Comeau hit not being called? There was a check early on DP, no call!! That pissed me off, I guess I was the only one based on what I've been reading. I was frustrated too, and I understand why DP did what he did!!!
I applaud your positivity. I am not sure how old you are and how far you go back with your fandom but you have to understand if you have been a Fan as long as I have (1978) and have witnessed the highest highs, the lowest lows are quite rough. Unfortunately I was pretty young when we won the 4 cups so I never was able to appreciate them as much as I would have liked to.

In the following years I assumed we would be back in a short period of time and we were competitive in those years but then there was the dismantleing of the cup team and the slow disbandment of the original front office and then ownership. There was one last great era, though short, that has stuck with me and continues to give hope that someday our team will get back to playing that type of meaningful hockey again. What I am talking about was the magical 1993 playoffs.

I personaly went to every home game in both the Washington and Pittsburgh Series. Game 6 against Pittsburgh was so amazing and when we get back to that type of team, (a good team but one that over acheived), then I will put away the insults and keep a complete positive outlook. Bottom Line in 18 years since the magical 1993 season we had the Toronto 7 game first round exit in 2002 with the Sean Bates penalty Shot that helped get the juices pumping again but honestly there is ineptitude and bad luck as an organization and IMO Ownership certainly could have done more to keep us competitive over these 18 years and have not and the reason generaly boiled down to either real estate and or money. I think this is the exact reason so many of us take out our frustrations on the organization with insults. Deep down inside I think all any of us true fans want is a small piece of the past that made us all fall in love with this team.

For your Positive attitude I give you My 2 greatest games viewing the islanders in person at that so called awful NVMC. Incedently I have never felt such intecity in any other hockey arena. Enjoy

Last edited by Drivefor5: 02-02-2011 at 11:20 PM.
Drivefor5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 11:15 PM
Boik14

Quote:
There's a difference between honest criticism and gleefully mocking the team!!! There are people on this site that seem to try and top each other with insults. After a while they seem to lose perspective.
I dont post much but I do frequent the site plenty. I dont really see where that is happening unless its in the gameday threads which I generally dont read because I am generally watching not posting during the games. But in most of the main threads there seems to be a respect for each other though i am sure we can find exceptions.

Sometimes though you can only joke about how bad your team is when youve been rebuilding for the better part of 20 years. I dont necessarily like that stance but I have sat through some brutal seasons with other teams I like and Ill be the first to say I mocked the heck out of some of my teams coaching hires and players. Sometimes thats the only way to cope for some people....I guess to a degree its therapeutic. I dont think less of them when all they want is their team to win.

Boik14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 11:15 PM
WangMustGo
NYI

Quote:
I've been an Islander fan since 1972- 1973. I used to see then practice at Royal Ice Rink in Kings Park before it became Royal Ice Rink ( I don't know what it's called now or if it even exists anymore).

This team is still rebuiding. Clearly they have several players that are fill ins until we add more depth, they also have alot of young players that are still figuring it out. The physical tools aren't there yet, either because the skills are lacking or they haven't developed yet. But by and large I think they play hard every night. Most of the time the result isn't positive, sometimes it is. If you listen to out of town announcers, they often state that the Islanders are a team that works hard every night.
I don't think anyone hates on the players besides the few whipping boys (PAP, Gervais, Hillen, DP). Everyone is frustrated with Snow and Wang. Wang never spends money on the team, Snow has never grabbed a big name free agent, they rushed Bailey, raised ticket prices, raised parking prices, raised prices for beer and other concession food/drinks, and what have the fan's gotten in return? Another garbage team, with a bad coach, no director of scouting, and no assistant GM.

I love the team, but enough's enough, time to spend some money, pay for an NHL caliber coach, and win some games. Being an Islander fan is extremely frustration, when the organization starts winning, the fans will be their to support them.

WangMustGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 11:17 PM
LAIslanderFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLio21093 View Post
You've obviously haven't been a fan for that long. When the Islanders get laughed at, they do nothing to come back and prove people wrong. Look at the Flyers game back in October, when they were completely humiliated, they didn't do one thing to come back at the Flyers at the next game, and continued to lose hockey games, which I believe was the start of our 20 out of 21 losses skid.

This team has given us no reason to be happy. We joke to make things easier for us because we've been put through so much ******** this decade (with the exception of 2001-02). I understand you want to get back at the Pens, but yea, realize that the Isles aren't going to do a damn thing about it.
I've probably been a fan longer then you. I go back to 1972-1973. As I mentioned earlier in this blog, I used to watch them practice at Royal Ice Rink in Kings Park. Regarding the Flyers game, the Islanders were playing with half of Bridgeport back then due to inuries. Practically half of the team isn't even legal drinking age. Just wait a few years, when Hamonic and Martin have put on 10 - 15 pounds of muscle and they have a few years under their belt. They're still kids playing against men.
We also still have alot of smaller players that don't have that in their game. Do you expect Grabner, Nilson, McDonald, Hillan, PAP or Tavaras to drop the gloves. This team is still in transition.

Old
02-02-2011, 11:31 PM
LAIslanderFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WangMustGo View Post
I don't think anyone hates on the players besides the few whipping boys (PAP, Gervais, Hillen, DP). Everyone is frustrated with Snow and Wang. Wang never spends money on the team, Snow has never grabbed a big name free agent, they rushed Bailey, raised ticket prices, raised parking prices, raised prices for beer and other concession food/drinks, and what have the fan's gotten in return? Another garbage team, with a bad coach, no director of scouting, and no assistant GM.

I love the team, but enough's enough, time to spend some money, pay for an NHL caliber coach, and win some games. Being an Islander fan is extremely frustration, when the organization starts winning, the fans will be their to support them.
I agree that Gervais is probably more suited for the AHL. Hillen is a 5th or 6th dman at best, PAP is a 4th line energy guy. I think the jury is still out on DP. My sense is that this year is still a test. He's spent the last few years injured and hasn't been able to play consistantly. Goalies need to play on a regular basis to get into a groove. If DP can stay healthy, I think he's be alright, but I don't think we'll know until next year. Another thing about goalies is that they get better with age. However things work out for DP, he still cares alot and really loves this team. I don't think it's about the money for him, and if he can't get through this, I think it will eat at his pride. Saying that, I don't like the critcism of him. I don't think it's deserved and his actions tonight should have Islander fans standing behind him, not laughing at him!!! What he did tonight was pure emotion, and he did it because of his passion for the team.

As far as ticket prices. I paid $20 for seats against Pittsburgh back in December. I notice specials all of the time, include the $20.11 tickets earlier in the month. See if you can get in the Garden for $20.00.

Bailey rushed? The Islander need to dress their best players. If you were the GM who would you bring up from the Bridge to supplement Bailey?

Wang spent money on the team when he first purchased them. Yashin, Peca, DP's deal? We made the playoffs twice since then and we were one and done. Now the Islanders are rebuilding. It's been 2 1/2 years, it's going to take a little longer.

Old
02-02-2011, 11:46 PM
Groin Of Bates

I like threads where some people try to define what being a "real" fan is.

I watch every game, buy jerseys (and other merchandise), attend games when I can, and post on an Islander-related message board.

Because I'm frustrated with the on-ice product and off-ice antics, I can criticize and say whatever I want about the team and the organization.

I can say the same thing a million times in a row but, this does not make me any less of a "fan" than you.

Groin Of Bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 11:47 PM
WangMustGo
NYI

Quote:
I agree that Gervais is probably more suited for the AHL. Hillen is a 5th or 6th dman at best, PAP is a 4th line energy guy. I think the jury is still out on DP. My sense is that this year is still a test. He's spent the last few years injured and hasn't been able to play consistantly. Goalies need to play on a regular basis to get into a groove. If DP can stay healthy, I think he's be alright, but I don't think we'll know until next year. Another thing about goalies is that they get better with age. However things work out for DP, he still cares alot and really loves this team. I don't think it's about the money for him, and if he can't get through this, I think it will eat at his pride. Saying that, I don't like the critcism of him. I don't think it's deserved and his actions tonight should have Islander fans standing behind him, not laughing at him!!! What he did tonight was pure emotion, and he did it because of his passion for the team.

As far as ticket prices. I paid $20 for seats against Pittsburgh back in December. I notice specials all of the time, include the $20.11 tickets earlier in the month. See if you can get in the Garden for $20.00.

Bailey rushed? The Islander need to dress their best players. If you were the GM who would you bring up from the Bridge to supplement Bailey?

Wang spent money on the team when he first purchased them. Yashin, Peca, DP's deal? We made the playoffs twice since then and we were one and done. Now the Islanders are rebuilding. It's been 2 1/2 years, it's going to take a little longer.
Dipietro could come back next year and play decent hockey, but he will likely never be an allstar or even top 10 goalie again. He does still care, but he might never get back to pre 2007 form.

Over the past summer I gave up my season tickets because the ticket prices inflated to much, and the team has not improved at all. Why should anyone have to pay more to see the same crap team? The Isles are barely scraping the cap floor, whereas the rangers are at the cap ceiling. I would have no problem paying more money to see a team that was close to the cap ceiling, and was winning games.

This season should have been Baileys rookie year, maybe sophomore year, they rushed him to the NHL right away. Instead of letting him play in the WJC and play huge minutes on the best team in junior hockey they let him play in the NHL. He was not physically or mentally ready to handle it. At this point it's to late to do anything else with him, you have to let him play.

It will take a couple more years for the team to start becoming a good team, but if they had spent some money on B level free agents we would likely be sitting in a much better situation. It would be good to have some of the pressure of scoring off the kids. It's only going to hurt the development of the kids to have all the pressure of scoring on them. Sure it might not effect Tavares and even Okposo, but I really think it's hurting Baileys development. He really needs veteran support. We have no veteran forwards on this team at all.

WangMustGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 11:47 PM
LAIslanderFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivefor5 View Post
I applaud your positivity. I am not sure how old you are and how far you go back with your fandom but you have to understand if you have been a Fan as long as I have (1978) and have witnessed the highest highs, the lowest lows are quite rough. Unfortunately I was pretty young when we won the 4 cups so I never was able to appreciate them as much as I would have liked to.

In the following years I assumed we would be back in a short period of time and we were competitive in those years but then there was the dismantleing of the cup team and the slow disbandment of the original front office and then ownership. There was one last great era, though short, that has stuck with me and continues to give hope that someday our team will get back to playing that type of meaningful hockey again. What I am talking about was the magical 1993 playoffs.

I personaly went to every home game in both the Washington and Pittsburgh Series. Game 6 against Pittsburgh was so amazing and when we get back to that type of team, (a good team but one that over acheived), then I will put away the insults and keep a complete positive outlook. Bottom Line in 18 years since the magical 1993 season we had the Toronto 7 game first round exit in 2002 with the Sean Bates penalty Shot that helped get the juices pumping again but honestly there is ineptitude and bad luck as an organization and IMO Ownership certainly could have done more to keep us competitive over these 18 years and have not and the reason generaly boiled down to either real estate and or money. I think this is the exact reason so many of us take out our frustrations on the organization with insults. Deep down inside I think all any of us true fans want is a small piece of the past that made us all fall in love with this team.

For your Positive attitude I give you My 2 greatest games viewing the islanders in person at that so called awful NVMC. Incedently I have never felt such intecity in any other hockey arena. Enjoy

Thanks. I appreciate the support. I've been a fan since 1972-1973. My greatest Islander moment was the 1975 Islanders victory over the Rangers in Game 3 of the playoffs. It was a best out of 3 series and it was the Islanders first playoff series ever. The Rangers were heavily favored. The Islanders won the first game in the Garden the Rangers won the second game in the Coliseum. THe final game was at the Garden. The Islanders had a 3-1 lead going into the 3rd period. The Rangers tied it at 3 and were pouring the pressure on. I don't know how the Islanders kept it tied through regulation. The game went into OT and I was certain the way the Rangers were outplayiing the Islanders that the Isles would lose. I was at a friends house in Commack amongst a group of Ranger fans (there seemed to be very few Isle fans back then). Well, the OT began, I have knots in my stomach. 11 seconds into OT JP Parise scored and you could here a pin drop at the Garden. Needless to say, I was running around screaming my head off as my Ranger buddies sat in a stunned silence. That was the day the Islanders grew up. Up until then, even Ranger fans kind of liked them, but it was more out of pity. That day changed hockey in NY. I will never forget that day.

Old
02-02-2011, 11:52 PM
LAIslanderFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Of Bates View Post
I like threads where some people try to define what being a "real" fan is.

I watch every game, buy jerseys (and other merchandise), attend games when I can, and post on an Islander-related message board.

Because I'm frustrated with the on-ice product and off-ice antics, I can criticize and say whatever I want about the team and the organization.

I can say the same thing a million times in a row but, this does not make me any less of a "fan" than you.
Do you criticize or mock them? There's a difference. If it's criticism, do you enjoy doing it?
When I read some of the bloggers, I seem to sense the latter.

Old
02-02-2011, 11:56 PM
Groin Of Bates

Quote:
Do you criticize or mock them? There's a difference. If it's criticism, do you enjoy doing it?
When I read some of the bloggers, I seem to sense the latter.
I do both, when warranted.

I don't really understand what you mean by "enjoying" it. Do I laugh maniacally? Obviously not. But, this team has many many faults. It's easy to note the positives because there are that many negatives.

Like I said before, I can say DiPietro was the cause for the loss of tonights game (he was), Parenteau is an awful player, and the Islanders will never win while icing 50% of the forwards we currently have. I can say all of this every single day on this board and it still doesn't make me any less of a fan....a fanboy, maybe, but not a fan.

Groin Of Bates is offline   Reply With Quote