Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Introducing... Lance Boooooooummmma

Old
02-03-2011, 01:19 AM
Lunatik*

vCash: 500
Introducing... Lance Boooooooummmma

according to the Twitter of Dhiren Mahiban Bouma has been recalled... likely won't be official until Thursday morning/afternoon...

I would assume this is because Hagman is on the mend as it sounds like he is hurt

Bouma has 11 goals and 8 assists in 49 games so far in his rookie season for the Heat

--------------------

my guess is Backlund slips up into Hagman's spot and Bouma centers the 4th line

Last edited by Lunatik*: 02-03-2011 at 01:26 AM.
Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 01:41 AM
tmurfin
So Good! Mony Mony!

vCash: 50
nice, lookin forward to seeing what he can bring

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 01:44 AM
WhereIsIt
alongtheboards

vCash: 1456
A prospect? Whaaaaaat? Looking forward to it.

WhereIsIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 02:06 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotalik Fanboy View Post
A prospect? Whaaaaaat? Looking forward to it.
I'm sorry here on HF you have to learn he is just a young player, the Flames have no prospects

Old
02-03-2011, 06:06 AM
CPRSRPUNKS

Does anyone else hate that photo That Kotalik Fanboy has goin on?

The Bouma thing. Should be cool to see a new young'n on the ice for a few minutes.

CPRSRPUNKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 09:25 AM
StreakingRed
#unsustainable

I'm not surprised at all that Bouma was the first one called up. I'm interested to see how he does, should he play.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 10:04 AM
Feel The Heat
Flames in 6

vCash: 492
Dean Molberg
Twitter

Quote:
Lance Bouma has been recalled by the #flames. Won't join Flames in Atlanta due to weather in the US. Sounds like 7 D tonight, Hagman out.

Feel The Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 10:05 AM
FLAMES666

vCash: 1800
What! A 20 year old possibly playing in a regular season game. A new era has finally begun.

Apparently he won't be making the trip to Atlanta, so we will have to wait until Saturday to see him. Won't be surprised if we see Staios or Pardy playing on the 4th line.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 10:11 AM
StreakingRed
#unsustainable

Well that didn't last long. Sounds like he's been sent back down to Abbotsford.

Hagman likely to play tonight.

Old
02-03-2011, 11:16 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
What! A 20 year old possibly playing in a regular season game. A new era has finally begun.

Apparently he won't be making the trip to Atlanta, so we will have to wait until Saturday to see him. Won't be surprised if we see Staios or Pardy playing on the 4th line.
god this idiocy about Sutter hating youth is pathetic... look back at the players that made their NHL debuts since Sutter became our GM... you might be shocked at the ages

Old
02-03-2011, 11:18 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
Well that didn't last long. Sounds like he's been sent back down to Abbotsford.

Hagman likely to play tonight.
sounds like he could meet them for the next game... unless you are seeing a different source than Boomer

Old
02-03-2011, 11:22 AM
StreakingRed
#unsustainable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
sounds like he could meet them for the next game... unless you are seeing a different source than Boomer

No, just Boomer.

He said Bouma could meet them for the next game? I could have sworn he said Bouma was being re-assigned to Abbotsford...

Old
02-03-2011, 11:27 AM
FLAMES666

Quote:
god this idiocy about Sutter hating youth is pathetic... look back at the players that made their NHL debuts since Sutter became our GM... you might be shocked at the ages
And how many are still with this team. I don't think any. Also if Sutter was still GM I doubt you would have saw Kotalik and Conroy put on Waivers to call up some younger players in the AHL.

Old
02-03-2011, 11:33 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
And how many are still with this team. I don't think any.
really? you know there is this Backlund guy on the team, that hasn't turned 21 yet and had played at least 1 game in 3 straight years now...

and whether they are still here is irrelevant... most never earned their spots...

besides look at Detroit and how they develop their youth... they let them develop before calling them up... a kid like Dustin Boyd is starting to look like a bust and yet he's never played a full AHL season... or what about Dion? Do you think a year focusing on his defensive game would have helped him?... i know I do... only certain players have the skillset to be rushed into the NHL...

so Feaster is using a kid as an injury call-up... yay plan the parade!... this view of getting younger for the sake of getting younger is just stupid

Old
02-03-2011, 12:05 PM
SaintMorose

NJ / Det philosophy for the last 15 years seems to be that you give players lots and lots of time to develop before bringing them into the NHL.

Hard to argue with the results for either franchise = /

I'm glad to see guys getting a taste and not being rushed hopefully it continues when Erixon picks up a 5 game stunt next year to go with a full season in the A.

SaintMorose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 12:38 PM
King In The North
Sean Bennett

So safe to say no Bouma tonight?

King In The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 01:09 PM
FLAMES666

Quote:
really? you know there is this Backlund guy on the team, that hasn't turned 21 yet and had played at least 1 game in 3 straight years now...
Wow talk about a misleading stat you pull out. He played one single game a 3 years ago, it wasn't until the end of last season he got true NHL playing time. Phanuef, Backlund and Boyd are the only players that were young and got playing time in the past 6 - 8 years. I don't think Boyd is a bust at all, he was playing fine here and was traded to go with veterans rather then youth. Ya he got sent down, and in the 19 games he has played in the AHL he already has 14 goals, more then any player on the Heat. You can argue but Sutter always went with Veterans rather then youth except when injuries came up.

Last edited by FLAMES666: 02-03-2011 at 01:22 PM.
Old
02-03-2011, 01:20 PM
WhereIsIt
alongtheboards

vCash: 1456
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPRSRPUNKS View Post
Does anyone else hate that photo That Kotalik Fanboy has goin on?

The Bouma thing. Should be cool to see a new young'n on the ice for a few minutes.
Hahaha, my hockey pool has had to put up with the photo for months, join the club. I'll change to a pic of a hot girl or something next time to make up for it.

WhereIsIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 02:25 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Wow talk about a misleading stat you pull out. He played one single game a 3 years ago, it wasn't until the end of last season he got true NHL playing time. Phanuef, Backlund and Boyd are the only players that were young and got playing time in the past 6 - 8 years. I don't think Boyd is a bust at all, he was playing fine here and was traded to go with veterans rather then youth. Ya he got sent down, and in the 19 games he has played in the AHL he already has 14 goals, more then any player on the Heat. You can argue but Sutter always went with Veterans rather then youth except when injuries came up.
Boyd wasn't traded to go with veterans... Boyd was traded because he is too easy to push off the puck and wasn't as good as the veterans... I liked Boyd, but he wasn't getting the job done

and how exactly was that a misleading stat... 'at least 1 game' has the number 1 in it... its actually pretty direct... and no one said anything about being an NHL regular either... because Bouma won't be up for the long haul... he is an injury replacement, no more and no less... so if Backlund doesn't count before he was a "regular" then this doesn't count for Bouma because he won't be a regular

Last edited by Lunatik*: 02-03-2011 at 02:30 PM.
Old
02-03-2011, 02:58 PM
The Gnome

Quote:
You are wrong Backlund is 21, his birthday is march 17 89'. So he is closer to 22 then 21.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 03:39 PM
Flames 1st pick

Quote:
And how many are still with this team. I don't think any. Also if Sutter was still GM I doubt you would have saw Kotalik and Conroy put on Waivers to call up some younger players in the AHL.
Actually it's not problem with giving young players opportunity. Problem is their young players suck (drafting issue). See Pelech, Boyd, Chucko....other than Giodano, their best prospect in a long time has been Moss and Pardy

Flames 1st pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 03:59 PM
Stewie Griffin
Stewie Hockey™

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
You are wrong Backlund is 21, his birthday is march 17 89'. So he is closer to 22 then 21.
Or... if you can get past your childish jabs and actually read the post, you would realize that the reference was to when he played his first game with the Flames, in the 2008-2009 season, he was not yet 21.

Stewie Griffin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 04:10 PM
Stewie Griffin
Stewie Hockey™

Quote:
Have you ever thought about what youth was at Sutter's disposal though? A lot of the guys available were just bad hockey players. If the youth were worth a damn, they would have impressed more in camp; they would have impressed more during their injury call-up.

Boyd isn't quite a bust yet, but if he doesn't show something quickly he'll certainly turn out to be one. At 24 he still hasn't managed to stay with an NHL club and make an impact in any aspect of the game - his only skill worth noting is falling over when someone skates by and creates a small breeze. But he's 24 so he's ZOMG AWESOME while at the same time we're turning up a nose at someone like Kostopoulos who is effective at his job.

Calgary doesn't turn skilled players into grinders. They draft poorly, and formerly skilled players who aren't good enough to take on that role in the NHL are forced to adapt their game into something else where they can be successful, often leading to a defensive-oriented player. That is the problem...

Stewie Griffin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 04:15 PM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
Or... if you can get past your childish jabs and actually read the post, you would realize that the reference was to when he played his first game with the Flames, in the 2008-2009 season, he was not yet 21.
Hasn't...had...some posters should learn how to write within context. But Yeah I see what you mean after re-reading. He has me on his ignore list, so you let him see it, can't wait for the ridiculously angry and scathing reply.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 04:40 PM
StreakingRed
#unsustainable

Flames website confirming that Bouma has been called up.

http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=551532

Quote:
The Calgary Flames announced today that forward Lance Bouma has been recalled from the Abbotsford Heat of the American Hockey League. He will report to Calgary and join the team on Friday, February 4th.