Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Introducing... Lance Boooooooummmma

Old
02-03-2011, 05:21 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 2403
Regarding the youth issue with the Flames in the past, I am glad to see that Feaster appears that he would rather give some of the young guys on the farm a taste of action versus the old, non producing dead weight that this organization has (ie. Kotalik and Staios). The few games some of these players get can actually go a long way in their development long term.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 05:55 PM
FLAMES666

vCash: 1800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
Boyd wasn't traded to go with veterans... Boyd was traded because he is too easy to push off the puck and wasn't as good as the veterans... I liked Boyd, but he wasn't getting the job done

and how exactly was that a misleading stat... 'at least 1 game' has the number 1 in it... its actually pretty direct... and no one said anything about being an NHL regular either... because Bouma won't be up for the long haul... he is an injury replacement, no more and no less... so if Backlund doesn't count before he was a "regular" then this doesn't count for Bouma because he won't be a regular
Ok say at least 2 games a season and it quickly holds no merit, that was the point i was making. I know Bouma won't re a regular just excited Feaster has gone on his word getting rid of veterans and giving younger players a chance. Obviously I was over exagerating in my post but I never said Sutter hates youth simply you wouldn't see these moves if he was still GM.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 08:02 PM
Lunatik*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
Ok say at least 2 games a season and it quickly holds no merit, that was the point i was making. I know Bouma won't re a regular just excited Feaster has gone on his word getting rid of veterans and giving younger players a chance. Obviously I was over exagerating in my post but I never said Sutter hates youth simply you wouldn't see these moves if he was still GM.
Sutter has routinely given 1 or 2 guys on their ELC a chance every year.. the difference is he made guys earn it... he didn't just hand guys jobs...

now tell me this... what happens when the playoffs come and we lose a couple guys due to injury?... Sutter stocked the team with veteran depth for just that season... he saw what happens when your team drops like flies

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 08:25 AM
GoFlames

vCash: 500
Kewl... I like this move. I hope he breaks a leg (although not literally)

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote