HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hank tells Bieber that people get booed all the time at MSG

Old
02-03-2011, 12:01 PM
Melrose_Jr.

vCash: 500
Was Hank his chaperone or something?

Ironically, all I know about this kid is news bites like this one. Between my satellite radio and media library, I wouldn't ever put myself in a position to be within in earshot of pre-teen music, so to me, he's just a Paris Hilton or Kim Kardashian. I know who he is and I don't know why.

My sister was a New Kids on the Block junkie when we were growing up. "Hanging Tough" blasting out of a cassette deck in her room morning, noon and night. A life size poster of Marky Mark Wahlberg on her door, staring my in the face every time I went down the hallway. Now THOSE guys were on my **** list.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 12:03 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post

Ironically, all I know about this kid is news bites like this one. Between my satellite radio and media library, I wouldn't ever put myself in a position to be within in earshot of pre-teen music, so to me, he's just a Paris Hilton or Kim Kardashian. I know who he is and I don't know why.

My sister was a New Kids on the Block junkie when we were growing up. "Hanging Tough" blasting out of a cassette deck in her room morning, noon and night. A life size poster of Marky Mark Wahlberg on her door, staring my in the face every time I went down the hallway. Now THOSE guys were on my **** list.
My feelings exactly. A ton of love/hate going on for this being a kid, one way or another. Unless hes signing about something incredibly offensive I don't understand all the obsession.

02-03-2011, 12:08 PM
Ryan McDonut
Re-sign Glass

still dont understand why hank was chillin with justin beiber

Ryan McDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 12:11 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

WTF is Henrik doing with Bieber???????
Say it ain't so, Hank!

WTF.
If we go on a fat losing streak I say we all throw as many water bottles as possible.

CHGoalie27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 12:22 PM
Cmox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi17 View Post
I'm assuming it was per request by Justin Beiber.

Cmox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 12:24 PM
FultonReed
ew, you did what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi17 View Post
he's Brian Burke's little spy! didn't you know?

FultonReed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 12:36 PM
Gardner McKay
Cupcake schedule.

vCash: 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post

Marky Mark Wahlberg is the effin man. Successful rap career turned EXTREMELY successful actor?

Gardner McKay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 12:43 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

I've never understood the worship of celebrities and athletes in our society. Yeah I get it, they're really cool because they do stuff that we all dream of doing and have stuff that we all dream of having: but they are still just people.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 12:49 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FultonReed View Post
Michael Jackson. i saw concert footage where chicks were being carried out because they had fainted.
Was gonna say that too. These people are so powerful and surrounded with an aura of untouchable that when you do get close it must seem compeltely unreal and the mind just blows a circuit. Can't say it's really ever happenned to me I'm not big on worshipping celebs but I understand how being overwhelmed with emotion can feel. Like after accomplishing something that you spent years on. WInning a championship, etc.

For some people seeing a star is their super bowl.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 12:55 PM
Machinehead
Hanta Yo

vCash: 50
Hey the Knicks were winning

EDIT: wait is that an 8???

Nevermind

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 01:08 PM
Killem Dafoe
waf fi

Beiber and Hank that close to each other? they corner the market on girls age 12 to 100.

Killem Dafoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 01:10 PM
Killem Dafoe
waf fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
I've never understood the worship of celebrities and athletes in our society. Yeah I get it, they're really cool because they do stuff that we all dream of doing and have stuff that we all dream of having: but they are still just people.
i agree. albeit extreme good looking and rich people, but still people. i never got it either.

Killem Dafoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 01:11 PM
CaptainCallahan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
Agreed completely. Thats why I don't care for autographs either. If I saw Lundqvist on the street, I would strike up a conversation with him, I don't want him to pull out a sharpie and write his name on my jersey. I understand that sometimes autographs look cool, like for instance if someone has a Messier jersey with his autograph in a frame to commemorate our cup in 94, but they are just people who had the privilege growing up of playing hockey every day of their lives.

CaptainCallahan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 02:18 PM
bourgeoisie
Je suis Charlie

Seriously though, why boo a little kid? he looked crushed. I don't care if he gets on a stage and sings like a girl and dances like a fairy.

bourgeoisie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 02:22 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

I dont know if I would faint or anything, but if i was in Warren77 and avery walked in, I would probably quietly flip out.

Giglio NYR15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 02:23 PM
CaptainObvi0us
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Hockey View Post
Seriously though, why boo a little kid? he looked crushed. I don't care if he gets on a stage and sings like a girl and dances like a fairy.
Jealousy

I don't like his music, I know nothing about him but I can only imagine that's the main reason.

He's a teenager and makes more money in a year than 99.9% of the world's population will make in their lifetime.

That plus the fact that he's at a sporting event where I can only imagine that 99.9% of the people don't like his music.

I still don't get the hatred for this kid though. He never did anything (that I've heard of) to be hated. There are plenty of celebs who are dbags and act like stuck up snobs who are applauded, yet a kid gets this treatment?

CaptainObvi0us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 02:25 PM
Bulls9220

if its like Gilroy i'd be alright but I was at the Rangers camp for the prospects camp and Graves was standing behind me and I was like shaking haha. I didnt have anything for him to sign.

Bulls9220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 02:41 PM
ogie

ogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 02:42 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Hank tells Bieber that people get booed all the time at MSG... That is unless you're the King.

Anyway, it's amazing how we go from (no homo here) guys like this:

to this

30 years ago Bieber wouldn't have even gotten a look from any woman, 10-100 years old.

WhipNash27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 02:49 PM
WeWillWinTonight

I was at the Garden this year at I think the Chicago game and Vinny from the Jersey Shore was there, they showed him and people applauded.

They show someone at the Garden who actually has a talent (regardless of age and the particular genre of music the artist offers), and they get booed.

Just the society that we live in I guess.

WeWillWinTonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 03:04 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staal18 View Post
I was at the Garden this year at I think the Chicago game and Vinny from the Jersey Shore was there, they showed him and people applauded.

They show someone at the Garden who actually has a talent (regardless of age and the particular genre of music the artist offers), and they get booed.

Probably because he's 16 years old, sounds like he's 11 and even looks the part. He also has so much media exposure for a pretty much bubblegum pop act, it's nuts. He's probably a nice, down to earth kid, but what can you do?

WhipNash27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Cmox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staal18 View Post

This is sadly the case.

Old
GregNYR19
agitator

Send a message via AIM to GregNYR19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmox View Post
I'm assuming it was per request by Justin Beiber.
actually its not. my buddy is who is the supervisor of club seating gets a list of whose coming to which games (rangers knicks) they have a designated celebrity row and they just happened to be going to the same game so he sat them together lol

GregNYR19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 03:08 PM
Cmox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragshockey88 View Post
actually its not. my buddy is who is the supervisor of club seating gets a list of whose coming to which games (rangers knicks) they have a designated celebrity row and they just happened to be going to the same game so he sat them together lol
amazing!

I wonder if Hank will now become even a bigger hit with the ladies that don't watch hockey?

Old
02-03-2011, 03:09 PM
NYRKindms

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
Hank tells Bieber that people get booed all the time at MSG... That is unless you're the King.

Anyway, it's amazing how we go from (no homo here) guys like this:

to this

30 years ago Bieber wouldn't have even gotten a look from any woman, 10-100 years old.
Those are not really fair comparisons tho

fair would be:

Leif Garrett
Donnie Osmond
(A Young) Michael Jackson
David Cassidy
The Coreys etc

The guys above were / are men not boys

Hell Sinatra could be lumped in as well but from an earlier era when he was a teen heartthrob

NYRKindms is offline   Reply With Quote