HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"The List"

Old
02-03-2011, 05:56 PM
Metssabres

vCash: 500
I would assume the list is essentially the core to build around...

Miller, Roy, Vanek, Myers, Ennis, Weber are the obvious NHL players. Kassian, Foligno, Enroth, the prospects.

I know Vanek is overpaid, but I have gained a ton of respect for him this season. I know he's been hurt, but he's never really said anything about it, and his effort has been extremely consistent, as opposed to past years. He may not be the 45-goal, 85-point guy in 2006-07, when he was on the third line, and officials called penaltys, but he has emerged as a leader and should be a 35-40, 70 guy for awhile.

Metssabres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 06:32 PM
Digable5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlr View Post
Not necessarily Regier, but I think the list is probably players he considers too important to let Quinn/BTG/Regier find a way to **** up.

On this team, that's a pretty damn short list - most everyone agrees on two, and there are one or two more you could make a case for.
I don' t think its anything against Regier, but they may want more say in the matter of certain players.

It also protects them from Quinn demanding the next 3 moves before ownership changes hands from being:

Myers for cash
Miller for cash
Vanek for cash

Digable5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 02:54 AM
sabresfan123*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digable5 View Post
I don' t think its anything against Regier, but they may want more say in the matter of certain players.

It also protects them from Quinn demanding the next 3 moves before ownership changes hands from being:

Myers for cash
Miller for cash
Vanek for cash

Can't trade players for cash, it is against the CBA

list
Myers
Miller
Kassian - no way they trade this guy without him dressing in a sabres uniform and seeing what he can do. Remember Cam Neely Vancouver fans?

sabresfan123* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 03:43 AM
mgeise

The only guys on this roster that I think should be on any protected list going forward are Myers, Miller, Roy, Ennis, and Vanek. Myers should be the only real untouchable in my opinion, but I really can't see Miller going anywhere due to marketability. The other three should be available for the right deal, but who knows what the organization is thinking.

mgeise is offline   Reply With Quote