HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

EDM/LAK: 2 proposals

Old
02-04-2011, 05:51 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers1084 View Post
Again, let me make this clear, you don't trade proven NHL player for prospects. Schenn will be a second line center at best, so... Edmonton can draft Sean Couturier if they wanted a center
Great point!

Guess the Kings shouldn't have traded Tim Gleason and Eric Belanger for Jack Johnson then or make the 1 zillion other trades they made while rebuilding.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 05:52 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Trifecta!

Old
02-04-2011, 05:53 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

wtf is up w/ double post? jesus christo!

Last edited by Buddy The Elf: 02-04-2011 at 06:02 PM.
Old
02-04-2011, 06:11 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers1084 View Post
Again, let me make this clear, you don't trade proven NHL player for prospects. Schenn will be a second line center at best, so... Edmonton can draft Sean Couturier if they wanted a center
lol..............

please can we close this gem.
I don't want to insult the Oilers with 2nd line material for NHL superstars anymore.

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 06:22 PM
rockinghockey

Every 3rd day or so a proposal is brought up about Edm and LA, ech fan can not agree on fair value. Edm fans want this person and LA fans don't want to give up that person.

I agree that Schenn will not be traded.

Penner makes more since than Hemsky.

Edm does not want any small players so Hickey is not even going to be involved.

LA is not going to trade any roster players away so Simmonds is also off.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 08:35 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Seeing all of the stuff you post tells me that the only thing you know about the game is what you read on message boards. I'm not going to continue to waste my time arguing Penner's qualities with you, you obviously are blinded by criticisms of 4 years ago. And FYI, Oilers fans are hard on all of our players. There hasn't been a single player this season who hasn't been unnecessarily torn to pieces on the Oilers boards, so nice try, but that point is irrelevant. I hope Penner isn't what LA needs, Lombardi won't offer anything decent for a player he didn't draft himself anyway, and we aren't giving him away for nothing. Penner could have a great future in Edmonton, better than Hickey or any of the other "great" prospects that have been discussed in this thread.
No, I actually watched the game the other night and noticed that he did nothing to take the puck to the front of the net, he had very little net presence as far as screening Quick, and he was easily knocked off the puck by smaller defensemen.

For a big man he played on the perimeter all night.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 08:38 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by tv14 View Post
And that was the whole point of my post, along with the Toews/Kanes (Edm's case Hall/Eberle/MPS) you need the Sharps/Hossas (Edm's case Hemsky/Penner).

Veterans that can produce and add experience are greatly valuable to a team.
Would you want Hossa, Kane, Towes or Sharp on your team if they missed 30 games every year?

That's my hole point about Hemsky.

As for Penner, A: I'm still not convinced he wants to stay with Edmonton due to his circumstances in arriving here. B: We're loaded up pretty good on the wings with or without him.

Now Horcoff, there's an off-injured veteran we can't afford to let go of.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 11:10 PM
Defgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by RStar View Post
Games played since 2000
52 <-- so far this season.

Justin Williams sucks.
It was a joke. Look at my avatar.

Defgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 01:25 AM
Wickedness*

dont think the oilers fans can hear you very well with our 5 cup rings blocking our ear.

Wickedness* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 01:34 AM
dabeechman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedness View Post
dont think the oilers fans can hear you very well with our 5 cup rings blocking our ear.
I thought it was because Edmonton is in the basement right now...

dabeechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 01:35 AM
duul

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Buskas View Post
lol.

hemsky and penner are not lombardi guys. he will not trade anything of signifance for 2 extremely soft players.
Implying Hemsky and Penner are soft.

duul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 02:26 AM
Wickedness*

The Kings won their division for the only time in their history in 1990–91, they advanced past the second round only once. The franchise won their conference championship and advanced to the Stanley Cup Finals in the 1992–93 season, losing to the Montreal Canadiens in five games, that was with a line-up that was an attempt at the third coming of the 80's Oilers only behind the Rags. Your successful team nowadays can be attributed to the former Oilers again. Smytty Greener Stolly, why would you want hemmer? oh yeah that's right, are you trying to rebuild the 06 Oilers much like you tried to rebuild the 88 Oilers in 93? Hm both 5 years apart, I must be right. But seriously no disrespect intended just saying, The Oilers brought hockey to CA, show some respect, you probably still owe some future considerations from that Gretzky deal anyways, so overpaying would be no sin.

Wickedness* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 02:47 AM
Qvist

with Hemsky, the Oilers are going to run into the same problems with pretty much every team in terms of trading, in my opinion. He is, quite simply, more likely to be of value to the organisation as a player than as a trade asset.

Considered as trade bait, he has three problems. One, durability. Nobody is going to be unconcerned by that and that's a big if if you're considering adding an important piece at a high cost. Two, he has never put up a really big season, hence he lacks credibility as more than a second-tier offensive player, despite the fact that few would question that he has the potential for it. Three, he has no particular attribute or quality that turns him into the sort of player about whom people will say "it's so rarely you have the chance to acquire a player of that type" - and which tends to create a willingness to overpay.

All of which will tend to cause his trade value to drop. But on the other hand, he seems to me like a great fit for the Oilers. For the above reasons, he is perhaps not suited to be a really core player, the kind of player upon whom the team's fortunes fundamentally depends. And with the young wingers the Oilers have, he pretty soon won't have to be. But he is still a more than useful top six player. And it's still too early to rely on the kids, you need some good veterans in the transitional period.

With Penner, it's the other way around. He does have that key attribute to boost his value (size and physicality), no real durability issues, and one season of production at the 60-70 pt level which is where a player of his type starts being a really rare and valuable commodity. Bangers are a dime a dozen and 60-pt forwards can be found, the combination of both is something else. I'll bet someone is going to be willing to give value as if his high-point mark was his regular level, much like with Ryan Malone. Not however to the extent of giving up someone like Brayden Schenn.

In short: Hemsky seems likely to gove you better value as a player than as a trade chip, Penner is the opposite. so....trade Penner, keep Hemsky?

Qvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 10:15 AM
Seachd

Quote:
Oiler fans have zero Stanley Cup rings.

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 10:25 AM
Qvist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd View Post
Oiler fans have zero Stanley Cup rings.
And if they did and were stupid enough to put them in their ears, they'd have bigger problems than the return on Hemsky and Penner.

Old
02-05-2011, 10:41 AM
RStar*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qvist View Post
And if they did and were stupid enough to put them in their ears, they'd have bigger problems than the return on Hemsky and Penner.
It was hard to type with 5 rings on, so we had to put them somewhere.

RStar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 10:44 AM
Qvist

Quote:
Except of course that you don't actually have them.

Pretty decent rejoinder though, as things stood.

Old
02-05-2011, 12:35 PM
Ronk

Quote:
Your takes are absolutely awful. Everything from "Justin Williams sucks" (39 pts in 52 games) to assuming that someone is hyping him... then laughing at your own assumption. Then theres the "small midget" reference to Hickey. Dude is 5' 11". Setting aside that the whole "small midget" thing is redundant unless you are comparing him to other midgets, but hes the same size if not bigger than 4 players on your own squad. Hell Lubomir Visnovsky (remember him?) is smaller and some would argue hes been one of the top defensemen in the game this year.

RStar is to the oiler boards = Kurrilino is to the kings boards?

Ronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 02:01 PM
SFKingshomer

All this is moot anyways. Lombardi would never trade for a player like Penner or Hemsky. LOL at calling a 21 year old defenseman a bust, unreal. No way in hell DL would trade Hickey for Penner or Hemsky. I have no doubt Hickey will be better than M.A. Whitney.

Last edited by SFKingshomer: 02-05-2011 at 02:35 PM.
SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 02:03 PM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
dont think the oilers fans who weren't born yet can hear you very well with our 5 cup rings blocking our ear.
Fixed

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 02:13 PM
Mattias

Quote:
The Kings won their division for the only time in their history in 199091, they advanced past the second round only once. The franchise won their conference championship and advanced to the Stanley Cup Finals in the 199293 season, losing to the Montreal Canadiens in five games, that was with a line-up that was an attempt at the third coming of the 80's Oilers only behind the Rags. Your successful team nowadays can be attributed to the former Oilers again. Smytty Greener Stolly, why would you want hemmer? oh yeah that's right, are you trying to rebuild the 06 Oilers much like you tried to rebuild the 88 Oilers in 93? Hm both 5 years apart, I must be right. But seriously no disrespect intended just saying, The Oilers brought hockey to CA, show some respect, you probably still owe some future considerations from that Gretzky deal anyways, so overpaying would be no sin.
Gear down big rig. Those three guys are plugs. Our successful team nowadays is attributed to young talent. Kopi, Doughty and Quick. The three guys you mentioned are not part of the core, often mentioned in trades (one even blasted on every third post by Kurrilino), or are overpaid.

Mattias is offline   Reply With Quote