HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Player of the Game & The Good, The Bad, The Redden: Game #54 vs. New Jersey Devils

View Poll Results: Player of the Game: Game #54 vs. New Jersey Devils
Artem Anisimov 0 0%
Martin Biron 3 3.33%
Ryan Callahan 15 16.67%
Brandon Dubinsky 0 0%
Ryan McDonagh 1 1.11%
Vaclav Prospal 61 67.78%
Brandon Prust 0 0%
Michael Sauer 4 4.44%
Marc Staal 0 0%
Mats Zuccarello 1 1.11%
Other 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-03-2011, 09:56 PM
FOXHOUND*

vCash: 500
And to those saying "Hey, win some lose some"

The time for that is past

We are in the nitty gritty of the regular season, and EVERY point counts

FOXHOUND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 09:56 PM
Jackson Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSportsfan6230 View Post
And yet you fail to neglect he was probably our 2nd best d-man for all the first half.

I don't understand how you can use such a small smaple size to to brush off how good he's been all year.
That's because I'm having a discussion about him not pushing the puck under Hank. His giveaway was the turnover that led to this event. I commented he's been bad for two games, which he has been unless you think turnovers are good?

Jackson Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 09:57 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Ranger View Post
Did he have time to push it under Hank? I don't think so.
He had time to wrist it out, he had time to tap it under. Not that difficult. As a d-man, he should know this. Every other d-man does. Why doesn't he?

ECL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

This team lacks a #1 center.

Lacks a defenseman who can score/ PP QB.

Our best goal scorer is not scoring goals.

Our 2nd most point-getter from last season missed nearly 75% of this season.

2 of our rising young stars, Dubinsky and Callahan, both missed time with injuries.

Our oldest defenseman is 26.

We have THREE guys on this team who have scored over 50 points in a season. THREE. and one of them is about as useless as a turd I just shat out

Yet we are in playoff position.

So I ask you Torts bashers, what other coach in the known universe can come in here do a better job than Torts has done? Please name one.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fire Sather
new Niclas Wallin?

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
You must not read the boards that often, because that couldn't be further from the truth.
That couldn't be closer to the truth. The board has been that way for years..

Major ups and terrible depressing downs..

Every season its the same thing, so much overraction after these games.

Fire Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Del Zotto is 20, folks. The Devils didnt make it easy on anybody tonight. I just cant kill a kid who hasn't even been in the league two years.

There isnt a single guy to mentor him on the blue line. Nobody. All he has is a screaming coach who berates him in front of the whole team.

I'm not saying DZ isnt entirely at fault -- he makes stupid decisions. But look around the league and tell me who doesnt?

Two weeks ago, people were calling Dan Girardi a top-pairing shutdown d-man, and all he's been lately is lousy. If MDZ makes the play Girardi did on that second goal, some of you would have asked for his head.

No way I give up on a 20-year-old defenseman who is one year removed from the all-rookie team. No way. No matter what.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by deriik2020 View Post
You may not subscribe to it but there's nothing wrong with that logic. We're not a 1 seed we HAVE severely overperformed which is why something like this has been a constant. It's really not flawed at all. We now have no 1st line which doesn';t help but any1 watching tonight saw this is a team in bad need of some more experience and work. DUnno how any1 argues that this team does not need time to get back into step
Because, as I said, we haven't been in step all season. Even when we're winning games, how often do we not show up for the first 40 minutes? It's something that occurs even when we're healthy.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NikC

Quote:
This logic fails because disappointing losses at home and not showing up until the third period have been constants for this team, even when they're playing well. If this was a new phenomenon, something that started when the injuries began, I'd buy it...but that's not the case.

We've seen that the team is capable of working hard for a full 60 minutes. Why does it happen so infrequently? Working hard like that will lead us to overachieving in the standings. But we don't do it with any kind of consistency, so it pisses some of us off.
hard work can pull you out of trouble alot, but this team lacks scoring talent. Gaborik must be injured or on drugs because he doesn't have anything out there. He turned into a glider.

they can only win playing one way, and it's difficult for them to muster up the strength to play that way all the time. No team wins consistently without a power play, and your coach changing lines every shift.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 09:58 PM
Machinehead
H8ers Gonna H8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
And to those saying "Hey, win some lose some"

The time for that is past

We are in the nitty gritty of the regular season, and EVERY point counts
Champions can say "win some, lose some". The Redwings, the Yankees, the Lakers can say win some lose some. That's not good enough for a team that's consistently fallen on it's face for eight decades.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
This team lacks a #1 center.

Lacks a defenseman who can score/ PP QB.

Our best goal scorer is not scoring goals.

Our 2nd most point-getter from last season missed nearly 75% of this season.

2 of our rising young stars, Dubinsky and Callahan, both missed time with injuries.

Our oldest defenseman is 26.

We have TWO guys on this team who have scored over 50 points in a season. TWO.

Yet we are in playoff position.

So I ask you Torts bashers, what other coach in the known universe can come in here do a better job than Torts has done? Please name one.
gordon bombay

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Swedish Fish
CONQUERED

I still have faith in this team, they have done enough good things this year to earn my confidence that they will at least make the playoffs. there going through a struggle im not going to murder them for it

Swedish Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Torts kept the Pack line together for a while, long after people on this board were crying that it was stale.

Either way, we win and be happy about 2 points if we hit open nets. Just a really ****ing unlucky game emphasized by a really ****** second period.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JeffMangum
I'm v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
He had time to wrist it out, he had time to tap it under. Not that difficult. As a d-man, he should know this. Every other d-man does. Why doesn't he?
Lundqvist was falling back on the play, and when Girardi tried to tuck it under him, it went off his back and in.

nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
That couldn't be closer to the truth. The board has been that way for years..

Major ups and terrible depressing downs..

Every season its the same thing, so much overraction after these games.
Yeah, there certainly are some people that are ****ing bipolar, but there are a lot of us that aren't. There are a lot of us that complain about the team's many faults even when we're "playing well." I have no problem laughing at the crazies, but use a finer brush...don't paint us all like that.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 09:59 PM
Tiki Talk
Oh Baby

It's official.

Being seen with Justin Bieber = Cursed.

Tiki Talk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Ranger View Post
That's because I'm having a discussion about him not pushing the puck under Hank. His giveaway was the turnover that led to this event. I commented he's been bad for two games, which he has been unless you think turnovers are good?
I don't blame him for that, it was the right move to try to swipe the puck out/or put it under Hank.

My memory is deceiving me right now, I couldn't remember if Girardi made the turnover but he did and I have a much longer leash with Girardi because he has been amazing this year.

My leash with Del Zotto is obviously much shorter. So, Girardi makes a mistake then that's fine, so yeah I am ok with the play he made.

NCRanger

Everybody, calm down.

1. Henrik absolutely shat the bed tonight. That was the difference in the game. All three Devil goals were bad.

2. Girardi should have never had to be in that position. Henrik let the shot go five hole that he should have stopped cleanly.

3. This is the third game in a row where the Rangers have given up less than 20 shots against and still lost. The Florida game was pure bad luck. The Pittsburgh game was more bad luck. Tonight's game was bad goaltending. I'm not even sure the Devils had more than 4 or 5 scoring chances. Defensively, this team is solid. I wouldn't be worried about that.

NCRanger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Kane One
HFB Partner

vCash: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Savvy Lee View Post
Del Zotto is 20, folks. The Devils didnt make it easy on anybody tonight. I just cant kill a kid who hasn't even been in the league two years.

There isnt a single guy to mentor him on the blue line. Nobody. All he has is a screaming coach who berates him in front of the whole team.

I'm not saying DZ isnt entirely at fault -- he makes stupid decisions. But look around the league and tell me who doesnt?

Two weeks ago, people were calling Dan Girardi a top-pairing shutdown d-man, and all he's been lately is lousy. If MDZ makes the play Girardi did on that second goal, some of you would have asked for his head.

No way I give up on a 20-year-old defenseman who is one year removed from the all-rookie team. No way. No matter what.
Since he's 20, he shouldn't be in the NHL stinking it up. Let him develop in the AHL like the rest of the young prospects drafted by teams. Hopefully he will get better and then he can come back. There's no point of having him here.

02-03-2011, 10:00 PM
Fire Sather
new Niclas Wallin?

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Because, as I said, we haven't been in step all season. Even when we're winning games, how often do we not show up for the first 40 minutes? It's something that occurs even when we're healthy.
Just because the team is losing after 40 minutes doesn't mean we "didn't show up"

We play an agressive forechecking style. Sometimes that requires tiring the other team out and winning in the 3rd.

We're not good enough to simply "turn it on" and win in the 3rd.

This team works hard and never gives up, when was the last time we had a team come from behind as much as this years team?

Fire Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Norwegian
Pitbull Sniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Right here. I've been sick of Del Zotto for a year and a half now. Never liked him. Not only is he putrid defensively, I just don't see him as such an amazing puck mover as so many people seem to think he is. He's incredibly overrated.
Made me crazy how he turns down the tempo on the pp expecially when he is carrying the puck in to the sone.. Everyone has to stop and u get no speed in for the chase when he drops it in. Not strange that the team never wins possession and can set up the pp.

And how long will everything be about Gaborik, he makes me mad! no effort, no shooting no passing, what does he bring?

Norwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

We are most definitely NOT ready.

Really lousy game from top to bottom.

We lost every battle along the boards, and made some of the worst passing decisions in history, and not just DelZotto.

Do we expect teams to just let us pass and shoot? So we can take our time with every play?

Oh, and win a faceoff for god's sake.

We're not playing hungry anymore.

Very disappointing after that first half.

JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
We just lost to the biggest piece of **** team in the sport and we're the joke of the league. Smile everybody, it's a beautiful day
They're 8-2 in the last 10. Wins against TB, Philly, Pitt.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 10:01 PM
Jossipov
Patty's Better

EDIT: Sorry, wrong board

Jossipov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Machinehead
H8ers Gonna H8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRanger View Post
Everybody, calm down.

1. Henrik absolutely shat the bed tonight. That was the difference in the game. All three Devil goals were bad.

2. Girardi should have never had to be in that position. Henrik let the shot go five hole that he should have stopped cleanly.

3. This is the third game in a row where the Rangers have given up less than 20 shots against and still lost. The Florida game was pure bad luck. The Pittsburgh game was more bad luck. Tonight's game was bad goaltending. I'm not even sure the Devils had more than 4 or 5 scoring chances. Defensively, this team is solid. I wouldn't be worried about that.
First of all, 3 games, 1 point. That's the bottom line, and all that matters come April is the bottom line. Secondly, the Pens had 25 shots. Just sayin.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ail
k.

Quote:
Is that a serious comment? Paying too much attention to results? I mean I understand your point, but come on. I don't care if we look like the friggin' Soviet Union teams, if we continue to lose games that we should win it makes no difference.
Exactly. This is fine if you lose one bad game, or two in a row every now and then.

However, since the Vancouver game this team has just not been there every night and this is no longer knee-jerk reactions to a loss.

Ail is offline   Reply With Quote