HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

New Stick Advice

Old
02-04-2011, 06:24 PM
pistolpete31

vCash: 500
New Stick Advice

Recently broke my blade on my se16, it cracked it the middle. Before that I had a one95 and the bottom of the blade broke. So I am looking to get a new stick looking at another se16, s19, total one or sick kick 2 or 3. I like to take a lot of snapshots and some slappers. Also big on saucer passes. Got any preferences between the ones I listed.

pistolpete31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 09:18 AM
AIREAYE

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolpete31 View Post
Recently broke my blade on my se16, it cracked it the middle. Before that I had a one95 and the bottom of the blade broke. So I am looking to get a new stick looking at another se16, s19, total one or sick kick 2 or 3. I like to take a lot of snapshots and some slappers. Also big on saucer passes. Got any preferences between the ones I listed.
Those aren't sticks, they're 2 series of sticks made by Reebok. The Sickick 2 is older, starts with the 10K at the top, the Sickkick 3 starts with the 11K.

If you're concerned about durability. Forget all of those and try an Easton ST

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 09:43 AM
pistolpete31

Yeah I meant the sick kick 2 10k and sick kick 3 11k but I don't really like the feel of the ST

pistolpete31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 10:38 AM
AIREAYE

Warrior is coming out with the Widow stick, which features a Kevlar cross-stitch on the blade, improving durability, maybe you could wait for those.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 01:37 PM
ponder

If you're looking for a high end, low kick stick, I've been seeing SE16s and the older Dolo DDs on sale all over the place at LHS in Vancouver, and I think they're pretty much heavily on sale everywhere. Both good sticks, if you can find them cheap in your flex/curve then I'd go for it. The Rbk 10K and CCM U+ prostocks are similarly often cheap, and are very good sticks (quite different than the non prostocks), but with prostocks it can be hard to find the proper flex/curve.

Like all high end sticks, though, none of these are going to be particularly durable. Easton STs or even price point sticks from a lot of brands are gonna be quite a bit more durable since they have thicker walls with more fiber glass.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 04:15 PM
Rush22*

I have used the TotalOne, X60, SE16, EQ50, and the S19. (never used a Reebok stick).

The S19 is still by far the best stick on the market, it has the best feel on the puck and the eliptical part of the shaft allows for a sick quick realease on your snap shot.

The problem with the S19 is the blade, they go soft in 2-3 months for me. Bauer stick are much more durable. The S19's shaft will take all the abuse you can throw at it but nothing will stop the blade from becoming soft.

I still buy a new S19 every couple months because it is by far the best stick I have used.

Rush22* is offline   Reply With Quote