HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Just got back from camping!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-27-2004, 11:51 PM
  #1
Digger12
Registered User
 
Digger12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Defending the border
Posts: 14,493
vCash: 500
Just got back from camping!

So...what'd I miss?

Besides everything, of course.







Joking, I had a radio but because of the wretched reception I had to listen to "Oops, our hour's up...better roll up the sidewalks because Primeau's on deck (never mind all she did was basically talk hockey for her slot anyway)" CHED.

Quick synopsis: Total underwhelment when DD was announced, but after reading the papers today I'm warming up to this kid...he could be the next Kolzig or the next Storr. It could go either way.

When Schremp was announced, my wife was wondering what was wrong with me...I was all "YEEAAHHH!!" and pumping my fist like it was our wedding day again. I LOVE this kid. It almost made up for Parisegate last year for me.

As for the rest, haven't had a chance to read up on them. That kid they got via the pick from the Chimera trade is an odd one though. I'll be very curious to see how he progresses.

Next time, I'm getting a camper with an expressvu dish.

Digger12 is offline  
Old
06-28-2004, 12:18 AM
  #2
momentai
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 5,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12
When Schremp was announced, my wife was wondering what was wrong with me...I was all "YEEAAHHH!!" and pumping my fist like it was our wedding day again.
Before or after the ceremony?

All kidding aside, Digger, hope you had fun. I don't think you missed all that much. You could hear the groaning from HF as Dubnyk was picked I would imagine. It took a little bit for me to get settled into the idea that we selected a freaking goalie at 14. (Stafford and Thelen were almost within our reach. And Speeds is probably having fits that Meszaros slipped to Ottawa)

At least we can bask in the glory that is Robbie Schremp when he becomes our steal of the draft.

momentai is offline  
Old
06-28-2004, 12:20 AM
  #3
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
Registered User
 
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: E-town
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,645
vCash: 500
Hemsky.........to Schremp..........SCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRREESSS SSSSS!

Remember when I said this earlier? We'll finally get to see it come true. And in 3 years maybe......think of the possibilities......

LoudmouthHemskyfan#1 is offline  
Old
06-28-2004, 12:33 AM
  #4
Digger12
Registered User
 
Digger12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Defending the border
Posts: 14,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by momentai
Before or after the ceremony?

All kidding aside, Digger, hope you had fun. I don't think you missed all that much. You could hear the groaning from HF as Dubnyk was picked I would imagine. It took a little bit for me to get settled into the idea that we selected a freaking goalie at 14. (Stafford and Thelen were almost within our reach. And Speeds is probably having fits that Meszaros slipped to Ottawa)

At least we can bask in the glory that is Robbie Schremp when he becomes our steal of the draft.
Before, during, but ESPECIALLY after.

When I heard them pick DD, honest to goodness my second thought (after 'what the hell?', of course) was "I'll bet speeds is having a freaking aneurysm and calling Oilers management fools again".

But all that was fixed up by RS dropping into our collective laps. Win or lose, this kid's going to be entertaining in more ways than one. I can imagine his first postgame interview as the #1 star for the Oilers that night...it'll be something straight out of Kill Bill. :mad:

Digger12 is offline  
Old
06-28-2004, 12:44 AM
  #5
momentai
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 5,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12
When I heard them pick DD, honest to goodness my second thought (after 'what the hell?', of course) was "I'll bet speeds is having a freaking aneurysm and calling Oilers management fools again".

But all that was fixed up by RS dropping into our collective laps. Win or lose, this kid's going to be entertaining in more ways than one. I can imagine his first postgame interview as the #1 star for the Oilers that night...it'll be something straight out of Kill Bill. :mad:
LOL. With Speeds, most likely.

I think he was plenty entertaining in his post draft little interview on TSN after being selected. When asked if he felt the need to prove the scouts wrong for passing on him... He simply stated no and that they'll see when he plays next year. Cocky kid. Too many catholic school boys in our lineup. It's about time we got a "punk" to shake things up a bit.

momentai is offline  
Old
06-28-2004, 05:29 AM
  #6
Bohologo
Registered User
 
Bohologo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Tokyo
Country: Japan
Posts: 1,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by momentai
It's about time we got a "punk" to shake things up a bit.
Exactly! He may be a punk, but he is now our punk.

Bohologo is offline  
Old
06-29-2004, 11:00 PM
  #7
speeds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: St.Albert
Posts: 6,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by momentai
(Stafford and Thelen were almost within our reach. And Speeds is probably having fits that Meszaros slipped to Ottawa)

LOL, yeah, I'll be very surprised if Meszaros busts, of all the teams to get him, had to be OTT. Oh well, I like the Sens as well, I suppose.

As for "Oilers management being fools", well, who knows. It seems to be they cost themselves some value by not trading down at 14, but I guess they must have been worried he'd go in between.

speeds is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.