HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Just got back from camping!

Closed Thread

Old
06-27-2004, 11:51 PM
Digger12

vCash: 500
Just got back from camping!

So...what'd I miss?

Besides everything, of course.

Joking, I had a radio but because of the wretched reception I had to listen to "Oops, our hour's up...better roll up the sidewalks because Primeau's on deck (never mind all she did was basically talk hockey for her slot anyway)" CHED.

Quick synopsis: Total underwhelment when DD was announced, but after reading the papers today I'm warming up to this kid...he could be the next Kolzig or the next Storr. It could go either way.

When Schremp was announced, my wife was wondering what was wrong with me...I was all "YEEAAHHH!!" and pumping my fist like it was our wedding day again. I LOVE this kid. It almost made up for Parisegate last year for me.

As for the rest, haven't had a chance to read up on them. That kid they got via the pick from the Chimera trade is an odd one though. I'll be very curious to see how he progresses.

Next time, I'm getting a camper with an expressvu dish.

Old
06-28-2004, 12:18 AM
momentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12
When Schremp was announced, my wife was wondering what was wrong with me...I was all "YEEAAHHH!!" and pumping my fist like it was our wedding day again.
Before or after the ceremony?

All kidding aside, Digger, hope you had fun. I don't think you missed all that much. You could hear the groaning from HF as Dubnyk was picked I would imagine. It took a little bit for me to get settled into the idea that we selected a freaking goalie at 14. (Stafford and Thelen were almost within our reach. And Speeds is probably having fits that Meszaros slipped to Ottawa)

At least we can bask in the glory that is Robbie Schremp when he becomes our steal of the draft.

Old
06-28-2004, 12:20 AM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Hemsky.........to Schremp..........SCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRREESSS SSSSS!

Remember when I said this earlier? We'll finally get to see it come true. And in 3 years maybe......think of the possibilities......

Old
06-28-2004, 12:33 AM
Digger12

Quote:
Originally Posted by momentai
Before or after the ceremony?

All kidding aside, Digger, hope you had fun. I don't think you missed all that much. You could hear the groaning from HF as Dubnyk was picked I would imagine. It took a little bit for me to get settled into the idea that we selected a freaking goalie at 14. (Stafford and Thelen were almost within our reach. And Speeds is probably having fits that Meszaros slipped to Ottawa)

At least we can bask in the glory that is Robbie Schremp when he becomes our steal of the draft.
Before, during, but ESPECIALLY after.

When I heard them pick DD, honest to goodness my second thought (after 'what the hell?', of course) was "I'll bet speeds is having a freaking aneurysm and calling Oilers management fools again".

But all that was fixed up by RS dropping into our collective laps. Win or lose, this kid's going to be entertaining in more ways than one. I can imagine his first postgame interview as the #1 star for the Oilers that night...it'll be something straight out of Kill Bill. :mad:

Old
06-28-2004, 12:44 AM
momentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12
When I heard them pick DD, honest to goodness my second thought (after 'what the hell?', of course) was "I'll bet speeds is having a freaking aneurysm and calling Oilers management fools again".

But all that was fixed up by RS dropping into our collective laps. Win or lose, this kid's going to be entertaining in more ways than one. I can imagine his first postgame interview as the #1 star for the Oilers that night...it'll be something straight out of Kill Bill. :mad:
LOL. With Speeds, most likely.

I think he was plenty entertaining in his post draft little interview on TSN after being selected. When asked if he felt the need to prove the scouts wrong for passing on him... He simply stated no and that they'll see when he plays next year. Cocky kid. Too many catholic school boys in our lineup. It's about time we got a "punk" to shake things up a bit.

Old
06-28-2004, 05:29 AM
Bohologo

Quote:
It's about time we got a "punk" to shake things up a bit.
Exactly! He may be a punk, but he is now our punk.

Old
06-29-2004, 11:00 PM
speeds

Quote:
(Stafford and Thelen were almost within our reach. And Speeds is probably having fits that Meszaros slipped to Ottawa)

LOL, yeah, I'll be very surprised if Meszaros busts, of all the teams to get him, had to be OTT. Oh well, I like the Sens as well, I suppose.

As for "Oilers management being fools", well, who knows. It seems to be they cost themselves some value by not trading down at 14, but I guess they must have been worried he'd go in between.

Closed Thread