Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rene Bourque

Old
02-04-2011, 09:21 AM
Flames101

vCash: 500
Rene Bourque

What has happened to him. Earlier in the season he was one of our toughest guys along the boards. He was getting to open ice for shots, and overall working quite hard.
Recently he has been lazy, and lackluster. Now maybe this is just my opinion, so hence I made this thread. I want to know what you guys think.
Past 5 games, 10 shots, 0 points, even +/- with an average ice time of 17 minutes. On the bright side only 2 PIM. Flame away

Flames101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 09:40 AM
Flames 1st pick

he is not that good...a 2nd liner who had a good streak....and some genius was ready to proclaim him better than Iginla

Flames 1st pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 10:27 AM
tmurfin
So Good! Mony Mony!

vCash: 50
let him sit a game.. hes contributed nothing to this run.. he should do an iginla and watch the games he played earlier in the season.. hes still a good player, just look at iggys slump last yr, he can climb out. i hope he does, we'll beed him in the final stretch

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 10:28 AM
StreakingRed
#unsustainable

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurfin View Post
let him sit a game.. hes contributed nothing to this run.. he should do an iginla and watch the games he played earlier in the season..

I recall him having the winning goal in the SO in Nashville. The only goal, actually.

btw, why is this thread labelled OT? lol

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 10:30 AM
tmurfin
So Good! Mony Mony!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
I recall him having the winning goal in the SO in Nashville. The only goal, actually.
huge contribution.. over the last 15 games what has he done.. a player hid calibre should be doing well when the team is

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 10:34 AM
StreakingRed
#unsustainable

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurfin View Post
huge contribution.. over the last 15 games what has he done.. a player hid calibre should be doing well when the team is

Bourque has struggled with inconsistancy in the last while, no doubt about it. He's not alone either, as Hagman has also struggled and needs to do more. I just don't agree that he has contributed nothing to this winning streak. He just needs to work his way out of it.

Old
02-04-2011, 11:13 AM
The Gnome

Quote:
Bourque has struggled with inconsistancy in the last while, no doubt about it. He's not alone either, as Hagman has also struggled and needs to do more. I just don't agree that he has contributed nothing to this winning streak. He just needs to work his way out of it.
Yeah, fans overreact to slumps in a hilarious fashion. When Iggy sucked at the start of the year, everyone thought his career was over. Yet he does that every freaking year!

Players have slumps, deal with it and move on. Everyone here knows what Bourque can do and should not be worried about him bouncing back. I also agree with other users that he must be injured, he is not winning one-on-one battles right now and that's his bread and butter. Somethings up, because he's a warrior and would not show that lack of intensity if something wasn't wrong.

Last night in ATL I saw him lose two one-on-one battles that if he had won would have easily turned into scoring chances. When he plays to his potnetial that is his biggest strength and where he generates the majority of his offense from.

Here is to hoping for his good health moving forward, both mental and physical.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 07:55 PM
Skobel24
#Ignited

Last 20 games: 2g, 4a, -4. Hopefully he can pick things up soon.

Skobel24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 08:42 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 2403
Quote:

btw, why is this thread labelled OT? lol
Those were my thoughts too.

Bourque is in an awful slump right now and if the Flames are going to continue their winning it would be a great time for him to break out of it. I don't know if I buy that he is injured, that is always what some fans say when players are in slumps. Dion was injured here for over 2 years according to who you talk to. Maybe Bourque is injured, he is somewhat injury prone. Whatever it is, hopefully he gets back to playing to his potential soon. When he is playing the way he is capable, he gives us a legitmate second line that is a threat to score.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 12:23 AM
AnAfricanMidget

Maybe he has low confidence? Nobody really knows the reasons for slumps, not even the player sometimes, so I think we can just hope he works out of it and gets back to his old self sooner rather than later.

AnAfricanMidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 11:16 PM
StreakingRed
#unsustainable

I thought Bourque had one of his best games in a long time tonight vs the Blackhawks, and that's not even mentioning his goal, which hopefully gets him going.

Old
02-07-2011, 11:22 PM
Stewie Griffin
Stewie Hockey™

vCash: 1025
Quote:
I thought Bourque had one of his best games in a long time tonight vs the Blackhawks, and that's not even mentioning his goal, which hopefully gets him going.
Really? I saw a lot of half efforts and lazy/dumb play tonight, which has become typical.

I'm starting to wonder if he is playing with an injury.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 11:26 PM
Xelstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
Really? I saw a lot of half efforts and lazy/dumb play tonight, which has become typical.

I'm starting to wonder if he is playing with an injury.
Some of his "good" shifts for me were because he managed to hold onto the puck in comparison to the last few games, especially LA, but otherwise I saw what you saw.

Xelstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 11:43 PM
MrHelyar

I know how to get him out of his funk, take the goalie out and pass him the puck...

MrHelyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 09:51 PM
GoFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHelyar View Post
I know how to get him out of his funk, take the goalie out and pass him the puck...

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote