HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Send Del Zotto Down

Old
02-11-2011, 10:25 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusT View Post
felt bad for the kid after they showed Torts absolutely flipping a **** on him after the 3rd goal. DZ was on the verge of tears
Kid is already scared ****less of the guy, so im sure that didnt make it better.
Too bad, he shouldnt even had been playing and now he is probably just even more "tramutized"

Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 10:27 PM
FOXHOUND*

vCash: 500
Send del zotto down to hell at this point

FOXHOUND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 10:30 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
Kid is already scared ****less of the guy, so im sure that didnt make it better.
Too bad, he shouldnt even had been playing and now he is probably just even more "tramutized"
this is the two-edge sword that is tortorella. i'm starting to like him less and less as this season winds down. Sullivan stands around like a wooden indian, and Torts is getting ready to burn out another young player.

young team my @ss

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 10:32 PM
Dorado*

My point exactly unless they showcasing himm
He wasn't ready to be up all of a sudden he put on the ice with a few minutes to go . I'm sorry it was a bad play but Torts tearing his ass in front the whole team is weak . It was a bad play but the coach had him out there . He failed MDZ . He's been bad and not a difference maker but Torts calls the line changes . Wolski should t be playing that puck back . And for the record I'm not a MD Z band wagon guy he had a good first two months and a poor second half last year

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 10:35 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
this is the two-edge sword that is tortorella. i'm starting to like him less and less as this season winds down. Sullivan stands around like a wooden indian, and Torts is getting ready to burn out another young player.

young team my @ss

I agree. Either he sends the him down or he keeps him up. If he wants the guy to be relaxed and make good choices out there he cannot keep publicly bashing him. That will only lead to more panic and more mistakes

Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 10:36 PM
StaalWars
TeaOrrCoffey

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
I have no doubt on my mind Del Zotto is being scouted.
With the way he's playing right now I think the best thing would be to keep the scouts as far away as possible.

StaalWars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 10:42 PM
NikC

they'd be lucky to get a big bag of chips for delzotto right now.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 10:44 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Double-Edged Sword?

If we send Del Zotto down, bring Valentenko up and sit Gilroy, wouldn't it help:

1.) Our Powerplay? Valentenko has a heavy slapshot which we need.

2.) Our overall defense? At this point, Eminger > Gilroy and Valentenko > Del Zotto.

Agree? Disagree?

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 10:48 PM
WeWillWinTonight

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68MGQR10 View Post
If we send Del Zotto down, bring Valentenko up and sit Gilroy, wouldn't it help:

2.) Our overall defense? At this point, Eminger > Gilroy and Valentenko > Del Zotto.

Agree? Disagree?
I'm not going to agree or disagree, but i'm not quite sure how your considering Valentenko better than MDZ at the NHL level?

WeWillWinTonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 10:51 PM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
I agree. Either he sends the him down or he keeps him up. If he wants the guy to be relaxed and make good choices out there he cannot keep publicly bashing him. That will only lead to more panic and more mistakes
I'm not so sure that being relaxed is part of the equation. Del Zotto is having a lot of trouble with making the right decisions, especially under pressure. He isn't relaxed, because he is confused.
He has to get away from the big lights and find out if he can be an NHL defenceman.

Too much analysis going on with Del Zotto, i.e. his play in itself does not deserve that much analysis, as his play is clearly flat out poor. If the Rangers want him in their future, they need to just treat him correctly, which is sending him to the AHL for development, and then make a decision whether he is a keeper. Conversely, they could just decide that now is the time to let him go.

I'm pretty sure there is some trade proposal activity going on right now that concerns him, as others have mentioned.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 10:51 PM
Dorado*

Dead horse .... Cam Fowler with the game winner in OT pretty goal off the rush .

Old
02-11-2011, 10:53 PM
Rangers44*

Quote:

Agree? Disagree?

Totally agree, this should have been done a long time ago.

Rangers44* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 10:56 PM
Rangers44*

Why wasn't it announced yet that Del Zotto is sent down? I am starting to worry that they are not going to send him down.

Old
02-11-2011, 10:57 PM
TomLaidlaw

This organization preaches patience, yet they are forcing this kid to play at a level he can't handle. How is that showing patience? There is a reason why every 20 year with high upside isn't playing in the NHL. Most aren't ready. Last year we let a fast start by MDZ and our desperate need for a PP QB cloud what is best for MDZ's long term development in my opinion. I am really concerned that we are botching his development.

If he is in fact being showcased I think it is a bad idea. For two reasons. 1)He isn't helping his value with the way he is playing. 2)I don't want to see MDZ traded. I see a lot of potential in him. I want to see us take a step back as an organization and say " Perhaps we rushed this kid and he would be better served playing a full year in Hartford."

This isn't about one game. He could score 6 goals against the Pens tomorrow and I'd feel the same way. It is about his total body of work at the NHL level. MDZ hasn't played well all season. He didn't have a strong second half of last year either. So if you look at his body of work so far at the NHL level he has had more bad games than good ones.

I thought it was very interesting hearing Tortorella talk about MDZ two games ago. He basically said that the organization is still in the process of figuring out what is best for MDZ. To play here or Hartford. Really? It seems pretty obvious. At least Torts was being honest. So if you are sitting at home and feeling good that the Rangers know what is best for MDZ, you need to be careful. The reality is that the Rangers aren't sure where he should be playing.

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 10:57 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staal18 View Post
I'm not going to agree or disagree, but i'm not quite sure how your considering Valentenko better than MDZ at the NHL level?
I'm only looking at how MDZ is playing and how Valentenko could play.

To clarify, I feel that it would be better to have Valentenko play instead of Del Zotto because of how poorly DZ's been playing, and the fact that a PP shooter is needed.

This is just a suggestion: if it doesn't work, put Gilroy back in.

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 10:58 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusT View Post
felt bad for the kid after they showed Torts absolutely flipping a **** on him after the 3rd goal. DZ was on the verge of tears
Yea I felt really bad for him. For his (and our) sake we should send him down to Hartford for the rest of the year..if he's playing exceptionally well then maybe call him back up.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 11:00 PM
Dorado*

I doubt Valentenko having never played an NHL game is going to be a difference maker bug shot or not . I feel for MDZ , coach put him out there so obviously was confident with him at the time to have him there . That being said Torts felt he needed to find his game in AHL and yanked him back . As for Eminger sitting , two things he has t played since bring boarded against Florida . Could be hurt and wenkeeping mum or he could be on his way out would be a good 7 th D Man in a trade for someone going forward and we sitting him until deal is done . Everyone crying for Eminger he was a minus every one of his last 3-4 games

Old
02-11-2011, 11:01 PM
WeWillWinTonight

vCash: 883
Quote:
I'm only looking at how MDZ is playing and how Valentenko could play.

To clarify, I feel that it would be better to have Valentenko play instead of Del Zotto because of how poorly DZ's been playing, and the fact that a PP shooter is needed.

This is just a suggestion: if it doesn't work, put Gilroy back in.
I cannot speculate much about what Valentenko can bring to the table as I have only seen him play in pre-season. I thought he was solid.

Maybe the real question is if it is too late to try and bring a guy in with little experience in the NHL and help fight for playoff position.

I really do not know and maybe there is no harm in giving him a shot. We did it with McD and I could not be more pleased with his play.

WeWillWinTonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 11:03 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaalWars View Post
With the way he's playing right now I think the best thing would be to keep the scouts as far away as possible.
My point is why would Torts possibly continuously play someone who just can't get it done....I'm guessing he's being showcased....not sure how thats working though with the way he's playing.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 11:05 PM
Dorado*

I doubt Valentenko having never played an NHL game is going to be a difference maker bug shot or not . I feel for MDZ , coach put him out there so obviously was confident with him at the time to have him there . That being said Torts felt he needed to find his game in AHL and yanked him back . As for Eminger sitting , two things he has t played since bring boarded against Florida . Could be hurt and wenkeeping mum or he could be on his way out would be a good 7 th D Man in a trade for someone going forward and we sitting him until deal is done . Everyone crying for Eminger he was a minus every one of his last 3-4 games

Old
02-11-2011, 11:15 PM
Rangers44*

Let's face it, Del Zotto's offensive ability is not good enough to justify him ever being a top 4 defenseman. His defensive game sucks, his skating is average, and his offensive game is a disappointment.

Gilroy is very similar only difference is that Gilroy is a better skater, but has no physical game.

Del Zotto is physical, but not a good skater.

Offensively and defensively we are going nowhere with defensemen like that.

Old
02-11-2011, 11:44 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

I love the two-faced fans that only come out when the team, or players are struggling, and start to nitpick every flaw in their game. Yet these same people are no where to be found when the team is playing well.

Last year talking bad about Del Zotto, or talk of trading him was blasphemous. Some people called him the next Brian Leetch, now he is struggling with his confidence and all of a sound he is expendable.

Come on this is ridiculous.

02-11-2011, 11:53 PM
The Mouth

It kills me to see this kid make the most bonehead plays after looking good for most of the game.

it's happened over and over.

I agree some guys cant jump to the NHL right away. he apparently isn't one of them. Send him down and get his confidence back for before he's a total damaged headcase and winds up like our version of Brian Fogarty.

These on ice rippings by Torts to me are reprehensible by a NHL coach with a young player

The Mouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 11:57 PM
dynamoovechkin

I find it hard to believe that Torts is doing the right thing with the other kids and stunting MDZs growth. It's one thing to have a sophomore slump, but the kid has just been brutal.

You would think with his -18 or whatever it was last year that he would have focused on his defensive game first in the off season. But noooo.

I don't know what happened or why his game has completely vanished, but those stretch passes and good vision he showed at the point on the PP last year are nowhere to be seen.

Kid is obviously shaken, but he just cost us a game, and I am furious! Banished from the kingdom for the rest of the season!

dynamoovechkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 11:59 PM
chip chipperson*

i cant see him playing another game all year. i've also never seen anybody get sent down, come back up and actually play worse. this guy stinks

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote