HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

An over looked topic lately....

Closed Thread

Old
06-29-2004, 05:43 PM
Balej20*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prucha73
Phoenix?
Yep, Phoenix would be one, Francis is out (maybe if we get Francis, we'll get back a little Emile Francis magic!! Early 70's)

Old
06-29-2004, 07:19 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prucha73
Phoenix?

OK so Phoenix. My point is there are not a lot of teams looking. So why rush into a decision. I said before that I hoped a coach would be in place before the draft. No, I'm very comfortable to wait.

Old
06-29-2004, 07:20 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
OK so Phoenix. My point is there are not a lot of teams looking. So why rush into a decision. I said before that I hoped a coach would be in place before the draft. No, I'm very comfortable to wait.
Well, now we mine as well wait...because i was also saying we should have a coach in place before the draft, it doesnt matter anymore now.

Old
06-30-2004, 01:45 PM
charliemurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCaptain11
unfortunately, the lightning just signed tortorella to an extension this past season because his contract was scheduled to run out this year. i think he got a 2-year extension with an option for a 3rd, i could be wrong
That's fine.
Talk to him then.
What Tortorella did with Tampa in the time he's been there would be great for the Rangers situation.
If his contract is up then it might just coincide perfectly with a pretty good core of young players to work with, and that includes damn good talent in goal and solid core of D'men.
It's crazy that this guy was part of the Ranger Org.

Old
06-30-2004, 01:55 PM
allrevvedup25

Quote:
Columbus got their guy (his name escapes me).
Columbus coach is Gerard Gallant

Old
07-01-2004, 02:34 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliemurphy
That's fine.
Talk to him then.
What Tortorella did with Tampa in the time he's been there would be great for the Rangers situation.
If his contract is up then it might just coincide perfectly with a pretty good core of young players to work with, and that includes damn good talent in goal and solid core of D'men.
It's crazy that this guy was part of the Ranger Org.
One of the many dumb ass Sather moves to let him go...I really wonder what he is thinking, I guess he figured Torts wouldn't be much of a coach if he had to coach a bunch of stuck up super stars. Slats probably figured there would never be a time where the Rangers would rebuild.

Old
07-01-2004, 05:30 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by zestystrat
Did you read something about a new system? If so, I'd like to know more about it. Please send links.

That said, any "system" that has been played on the ice at MSG this past year has been a joke. If you are referring to the system at HFD, then that "system" is more then likely 100% McGill's (and staff) doing.

Does anyone think this time will be different because of the new youth movement? Or did he say no because of the lack of interest in working with Sather & the Dolans?
The system I was talking about is the one Sather tryed to introduce in NY this season, the same system that has been used in HFD... I think Renney is the architect, Canadas national team started playing a simular system in 97 when Renney was there head coach. The basics is a traditional Swedish 2-2-1 with allot of infulence from canadian hockey. Basiclly it doesnt lock up one player like the LW-lock does.... Ive played using the Swedish ver. and its kind of complexed to describe. It defenitly takes allot of commitment from the players on the ice to make it work.

Quote:
Sather can't step down and then take the job again. Renney doesn't want the job. I would be very surprised if there was a coach named before we know whether there will be a season or not (or at least get a feel for how things are looking). I would gues that Sather has already his guy in Quennville or McGill already.
Renney said in the NY Post today that he definitely is interested in the job as head coach....

Closed Thread