Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

No more Mike Richards on Fan 960

Old
02-08-2011, 09:45 AM
Thunderstick

vCash: 500
No more Mike Richards on Fan 960

Hey it is a sad day I just called the Fan960 to see what was up with Mike Richards and they said he went back to Toronto. No more Vijay, Mikka, Pinball Clemons the morning drives just got way more boring.

Thunderstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 09:47 AM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderstick View Post
Hey it is a sad day I just called the Fan960 to see what was up with Mike Richards and they said he went back to Toronto. No more Vijay, Mikka, Pinball Clemons the morning drives just got way more boring.

You're about 2 weeks late, lol.

Yeah, his wife lives in Toronto so he went back there. Apparently they offered him an offer he couldn't refuse, too.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 09:41 AM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Fan 960 now has Warrener Wednesdays, every Wednesday morning with Rhett Warrener 7am-9am.

Pretty good stuff from Warrener.

Didn't think very highly of Phaneuf at all during his time here, lol.

Old
02-09-2011, 09:51 AM
WhereIsIt
#gift

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
Fan 960 now has Warrener Wednesdays, every Wednesday morning with Rhett Warrener 7am-9am.

Pretty good stuff from Warrener.

Didn't think very highly of Phaneuf at all during his time here, lol.
I only caught the first 15 minutes! Any details?

WhereIsIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 09:56 AM
Wags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotalik Fanboy View Post
Lots of good stories from his days with the Flames.

-Phaneuf was unwilling to take defensive zone advice from he and Regehr, was a minor distraction and thought that moving him was right (just maybe not the correct return)

-D. Sutter intensity stories...he thinks he can still be a great coach, but Sutter moving upstairs lost "the feel" for his players

If they post the audio of his stuff, it is definitely worth a listen

Wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 09:59 AM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotalik Fanboy View Post

- Boomer asked him if Phaneuf was any sort of distraction in the room, and Warrener said that at times he was, and that he didn't always see eye-to-eye with Phaneuf.

- Phaneuf was a "riverboat gambler that didn't want to learn."

- Keenan tried to treat him like a Pronger and give him lots of minutes, but Phaneuf's game in his defensive zone didn't come naturally and he needed to learn, but Phaneuf was not interested in learning and was more interested in scoring goals and layin' out big hits.

- Regehr tried to work with him on his defensive coverage, but Phaneuf refused to listen and decided that as long as he was scoring goals he didn't need to improve his defensive skills.

- Warrener wasn't in the room towards the end, but knew it was time for Phaneuf to go.

- When Brent Sutter was hired everyone assumed they would get along because of their WHL days, but the two butted heads due to Phaneuf being so wild.

- Phaneuf reminds him of McCabe - rocket of a shot and average D game.

- Doesn't think Phaneuf will ever rebound, but could be wrong 'cause he said the same thing about the Flames a month ago.

Old
02-17-2011, 01:17 PM
Feel The Heat

vCash: 50
TSN RADIO 1050 Hits the Airwaves April 13
(February 17, 2011)

– CTV Inc., TSN and CHUM Radio partner on launch of new all-sports radio station in key Greater Toronto area market –
Featuring Canada’s most popular sports broadcasters and experts –
– Mike Richards to host TSN RADIO 1050’s flagship morning show, THE MIKE RICHARDS SHOW –
– TSN RADIO 1050 is the exclusive radio broadcaster for the Toronto Argonauts, EURO 2012 and 2016, and golf’s BRITISH OPEN and U.S. OPEN

http://www.ctvmedia.ca/tsn/

Feel The Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 04:13 PM
Flamesfan 26

Honestly I don't miss Richards at all. Boomer is doing an awesome job and he's had some great interviews and talks more sports than Richards ever did. I sure as hell don't miss Pierre Mcguire. Richards was very repetative and tried way too hard to be funny. I'm glad the mornings aren't a joke anymore and I can listen to sports talk.

Flamesfan 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 04:16 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalanche 26 View Post
Honestly I don't miss Richards at all. Boomer is doing an awesome job and he's had some great interviews and talks more sports than Richards ever did.

I agree 100%.

Richards seemed like a good guy, and he had his moments, but I can't say I miss him at all. I just never found him as funny as most people did, not to mention the parody songs were horrible.

Boomer is doing a great job.

Old
02-17-2011, 06:42 PM
MrHelyar

I don't miss him as much as I thought, but I'm not impressed with the people on as guests. I personally think the TSN commentators are above and beyond Sportsnet guys and just wish they didn't completely go all Sportsnet. Why in the hell can't I get Dregar and McGuire? I know a bunch of people hate McGuire, but they can't deny dude knows his stuff.

MrHelyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 01:22 AM
Snazu

I never liked Mike Richards because he was trying to be way too much like Jim Rome, which I can't stand.

Snazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 07:30 AM
Padlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHelyar View Post
I don't miss him as much as I thought, but I'm not impressed with the people on as guests. I personally think the TSN commentators are above and beyond Sportsnet guys and just wish they didn't completely go all Sportsnet. Why in the hell can't I get Dregar and McGuire? I know a bunch of people hate McGuire, but they can't deny dude knows his stuff.
Because Dreger and McGuire are on TSN, so they will be on TSN radio would be a pretty safe bet. Same reason you don't see them on sportsnet tv

Padlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 06:24 PM
Flamesfan 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snazu View Post
I never liked Mike Richards because he was trying to be way too much like Jim Rome, which I can't stand.
I second that. I drive a truck all day and I have the Fan on until 10 then switch it to music. Then at 1 I switch it back :p

Flamesfan 26 is offline   Reply With Quote