HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

NHL 11 Thread Part IX

Old
08-10-2011, 04:14 AM
ceciltaylor

vCash: 500
Edit: Will post this in the Ultimate Team topic.

ceciltaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2011, 11:22 PM
ConoR187

Send a message via AIM to ConoR187
how do i go about trading cards with a friend on HUT?

ConoR187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2011, 11:32 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

I found a method to get rid of all the frustration from NHL 11.

1)Take disc out of console.

2)Stomp disc

3)Tear disc in half

4)Put disc in garbage can

It alleviated all of my frustration instantly. It was well worth whatever the resale value is.

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 12:41 AM
BluelineHammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConoR187 View Post
how do i go about trading cards with a friend on HUT?
You put the card up at the auction, your friend offers you a trade and you accept. Seems simple enough.

BluelineHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 02:19 PM
The Bob Cole
Ohhhh Baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaide View Post
Gosh that sucks. Just got my 4th straight shutout online, so I have like 5 in 26 games so far, but since 3 of them left with 10 seconds or less remaining in the third, on my stats sheet, it says I only have 2.
People online really don't know how to play hockey, that's amazing.
I'm ranked 19 overall on the month, pretty much because I can't play as many games as the guys in front of me. I was looking and the guy 2nd overall (before was 1st) had played 257 games in 12 days, had 227 wins. Figured maybe he was sharing the load with a couple people and playing non-stop. Then I looked at stats, and he averages about 5 goals a game and 0.70 against. The interesting thing is that he takes 2 shots a game and has a shooting percentage of 142%.

Looking at his recent matches, he gets about 5-6 in a row of 3-0 DISC wins, which is either disconnected or discontinued? And then he plays one game and then repeats the DISC for another bunch. Obviously hacking the system, but it's annoying to see and funny at the same time.

The Bob Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 05:17 PM
TRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spezza19 View Post
I don't think you're understanding me.....

It's a pretty fair trade FOR NHL 11. Obviously not in real life.

Seeing as how I am used to terrible offers, I would have expected to be offered Zetterberg and Stuard for freaking Spezza and Karlsson.

As I said, based on the stats of Michalek and Foligno, and Detroit wanting to get younger....the trade made sense.
I'd say that's a lot more fair, actually.

Zetterberg and Spezza's numbers are pretty similar the past few years, but Zetterberg is far superior defensively. Obviously Karlsson is better than Stuart, but I think you'd be kidding yourself if you'd think Spezza for Zetterberg straight up would work.

TRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2011, 02:28 PM
MikeyMagic

Send a message via MSN to MikeyMagic
Anyone else been unable to get on the EA servers the last few days. It was off and on earlier in the week but now the last 2 days I haven't been able to get on at all.

MikeyMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2011, 10:34 PM
hskates21*

Is it just me or is there way too many penalties in this game?

hskates21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 12:49 AM
plaaplaa72

Send a message via MSN to plaaplaa72
Quote:
Originally Posted by hskates21 View Post
Is it just me or is there way too many penalties in this game?
I suggest not to hook every guy or smash em into the boards...

plaaplaa72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 11:16 PM
hskates21*

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaaplaa72 View Post
I suggest not to hook every guy or smash em into the boards...
It's the ****ing stick lifts I always hit the guy in the ****ing face and it pisses me off because it never happens it real life

hskates21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 12:22 AM
Zaide
I'm a renegade

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Jagr View Post
I'm ranked 19 overall on the month, pretty much because I can't play as many games as the guys in front of me. I was looking and the guy 2nd overall (before was 1st) had played 257 games in 12 days, had 227 wins. Figured maybe he was sharing the load with a couple people and playing non-stop. Then I looked at stats, and he averages about 5 goals a game and 0.70 against. The interesting thing is that he takes 2 shots a game and has a shooting percentage of 142%.

Looking at his recent matches, he gets about 5-6 in a row of 3-0 DISC wins, which is either disconnected or discontinued? And then he plays one game and then repeats the DISC for another bunch. Obviously hacking the system, but it's annoying to see and funny at the same time.
I tried to see what the DISC meant, so I tried to cut the connection when I was losing against a glitcher, and I showed "DISC" on my recent matchups. So yeah, I guess that's "disconnected". And I think he does that because it doesn't affect the stats, I guess.
Anyways, I'd hope that quitting in a game would have much worst consequences than just giving you a high quitting %. Like 2 or 3 losts instead of one. People who wants great stats would stop quitting because they are getting blown up. But in a sense, I can understand them when the game decides who wins the game. For instance, many quitted against me because nothing was working out for them. I intercepted everything, they missed easy passes, their goalie played like ****, I could easily take the puck out of them which they couldn't on me... There shouldn't be something like this in online games.

Zaide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 05:02 PM
The Bob Cole
Ohhhh Baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaide View Post
I tried to see what the DISC meant, so I tried to cut the connection when I was losing against a glitcher, and I showed "DISC" on my recent matchups. So yeah, I guess that's "disconnected". And I think he does that because it doesn't affect the stats, I guess.
Anyways, I'd hope that quitting in a game would have much worst consequences than just giving you a high quitting %. Like 2 or 3 losts instead of one. People who wants great stats would stop quitting because they are getting blown up. But in a sense, I can understand them when the game decides who wins the game. For instance, many quitted against me because nothing was working out for them. I intercepted everything, they missed easy passes, their goalie played like ****, I could easily take the puck out of them which they couldn't on me... There shouldn't be something like this in online games.
I played the ******* twice today. He tried to glitch me out but I never quit the games on him. He'd flip the puck out of play and then make it cycle before a faceoff "loading" so it would never go - I waited it out both times and he eventually disconnects and it doesn't count the match.

The Bob Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 08:27 PM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
I recently started playign online agian (in anticipation for NHL12...) whats the dominant build(s) these days? I'm guessing 2-Way Forward is still the best type, but whats the best way to distribute stats? I see guys get run over like a truck hit them out there

FromTheSide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 12:39 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Couturier - Seguin - Landeskog have been very good together in HUT.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 01:07 PM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

Are there any "last-minute" roster updates featuring 2011-12 lineups for NHL 11? I'm not sure I'm buying 12 and would like to have some way of having fairly accurate lineups to continue playing NHL 11 without having to manually move everyone around.

My PS3 blew up a couple months ago and I've just now gotten it back. The online rosters seem to be more recent, but accurate to the end of the 2010-11 NHL season as opposed to post-UFA changes.

CBJSprague24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 09:11 PM
Bench
Realgud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSprague24 View Post
Are there any "last-minute" roster updates featuring 2011-12 lineups for NHL 11? I'm not sure I'm buying 12 and would like to have some way of having fairly accurate lineups to continue playing NHL 11 without having to manually move everyone around.
No. You won't get any official update. Why would they? Updated rosters is one of the key selling features of the new installment.

You might, however, find somebody on the internet that has uploaded a save file with all the changes done manually. That's the best you can hope for.

Bench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 09:40 PM
Dreakon

I'm probably going to keep NHL 11 for another year (I'm pretty slow at these things, so NHL 11 is still interesting to me) and get on board with NHL 13 when that time comes.

How do you think NHL 11's online community will look after NHL 12 is out? Will I still be able to find EASHL drop-in games and ranked online versus matches?

Dreakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 04:55 PM
FlapjackSilver

Anyone else not able to connect to the EA servers because: "they are not available at this time." ??

FlapjackSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 05:05 PM
LEN

Anyone notice that the game got A LOT easier in the last week? Its like everything goes in. It feels like EA dropped the goalie skill and they fumble the puck and spit it out. I was having 8-0 games without even trying the last few days.

LEN is offline   Reply With Quote