HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

NHL 11 Thread Part IX

Old
03-05-2011, 05:17 PM
Keeping Karlsson
Since 2013

vCash: 500
Has anyone bought the Mega Player Pack that's in the HUT store for 7500 pucks? 4 rares guaranteed, chance of 5.. curious to know what anyone's gotten before i blow that much on it.

Keeping Karlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 06:07 PM
Keeping Karlsson
Since 2013

I hadn't played this in weeks-- finally decided to try again, went to HUT, played in the no cap tourney.. guy I was against had a totally stacked team (all the superstars, all boosted), i had my usual 24000 salary.

Was all over him.. he got the scoring luck and went up 5-2 in the 3rd. I caught up to make it 5-4 with 6:00 left. Then he called a time out and played keep away the rest of the game (his GT was XxXSAVARD91XxX.. just throwin it out there..). Now I remember why I stopped playing.

edit: just got quit on 5 times in a row in tournament play. it's impossible to get credit for the win. and it's even harder sometimes to just find someone to play with-- even though i'm almost always lower-rated than who i play, i guess they're always looking for someone easier? HUT is such a great idea, but wrecked by the people who take it too seriously.

Last edited by Keeping Karlsson: 03-06-2011 at 03:04 PM.
Keeping Karlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 04:28 PM
crosby is the sauce

question,

in regular online versus play, if the person you are playing against disconnects, do you still get the win?

its been happening a lot lately and i just want to make sure.

crosby is the sauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 04:42 PM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

vCash: 300
Does anyone not like NHL11 as much as 10? I just got through my first BaP season two weeks ago, and am only 28 games into the 2nd. I've had NHL11 since the week it was released.

In NHL10, I finished 7 BaP seasons and was half way through my 8th when NHL11 came out, and I didn't buy NHL10 for months after it came out.

There's just something not quite doing it for me.

I Hate Chris Butler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 09:10 PM
samwitch

Has anyone seen/done player edits for the 2011 draft eligible players?
Basically so that the first round is pretty similar to what the first round should look like this year rather then guys like Landeskog and them going undrafted and being really brutal lol.

samwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 09:49 AM
saint2e

Right now my only beef with NHL 11 is how they do difficulty levels. It seems to me that if you're playing Superstar mode, the following rules apply:

1) A quarter of your passes will be to no one in particular/the other team
2) A quarter of your passes will not be recognized and your player will hold on to the puck only to be stripped of it a second later.
3) Half of your bodychecks will result in your player falling to the ice, regardless of how well you lined up the other player.
4) Half of the passes/redirected pucks that come to your player will not be successfully received by your player.

Kind of annoying. I no longer even try to play Superstar single player tournaments due to the above.

saint2e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 10:42 AM
BluelineHammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saint2e View Post
Right now my only beef with NHL 11 is how they do difficulty levels. It seems to me that if you're playing Superstar mode, the following rules apply:

1) A quarter of your passes will be to no one in particular/the other team
2) A quarter of your passes will not be recognized and your player will hold on to the puck only to be stripped of it a second later.
3) Half of your bodychecks will result in your player falling to the ice, regardless of how well you lined up the other player.
4) Half of the passes/redirected pucks that come to your player will not be successfully received by your player.

Kind of annoying. I no longer even try to play Superstar single player tournaments due to the above.
Yeah, I don't bother with the superstar games either. I prefer to take a team made of juniors players and play on all star. The superstar mode seems to be tweeked too much to make it difficult, so much that it's unrealistic. No fun in playing a game when the other teams shooting percentage is in the 60%-70% range, and their 70 rated players are faster, stronger, and hit harder than my 98 rated Lucic. What's the point of boosting players then?

BluelineHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 01:05 PM
Dobbie71064
Go Thrashers!

Is the trade deadline roster available in canada yet? i did my own version but with about being able to move draft picks around it kinda sucks.

I know it was available in the states the night after the trade deadline but ive heard many say it isnt available in canada yet.

Dobbie71064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 04:05 PM
Venkman

This game keeps getting funnier. Filatov wins the Art Ross in the first season. Vermette has 65 assists, BJ's are 2nd in the West. Wild are first, Wings don't make the playoffs. I also picked up Cory Schneider on waivers.

Venkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 09:27 PM
Falkrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkman View Post
This game keeps getting funnier. Filatov wins the Art Ross in the first season. Vermette has 65 assists, BJ's are 2nd in the West. Wild are first, Wings don't make the playoffs. I also picked up Cory Schneider on waivers.
I'm only a few years in and I had a rookie that got the Art Ross, Rocket Richard, and Calder Memorial Trophies.

He had 60 goals and 104 points haha

I mostly simmed too

Falkrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 02:43 PM
Harvey Specter
Boooooone

Any way to avoid getting glitched?

Most recently, I scored a goal in the first minute of the game and the dude insta-quit, netting me no pucks (UT) and no win. 3 games later, I scored a goal in the final 3 minutes of a 0-0 game and the game just hung on the loading screen before a faceoff. I waited it out and eventually got credit for the win, but that's BS.

Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 05:47 PM
AdamGravesNight

Send a message via AIM to AdamGravesNight Send a message via Yahoo to AdamGravesNight
Sounds like HUT is even cheesier than EASHL... Crazy how people cheat and ruin everything.

AdamGravesNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 04:40 PM
Dubi Doo

Getting tired of this game.

I hate playing online because there's way too much ********. I tried to join a good club, but they hardly play. Everything else online besides an old fashion PvP classic game is just too frustrating- not the game play, but the people. A third of the games you don't even get into, and the ones you do get into, you either have a crappy goalie, crappy players who hog the puck, or defenseman who don't play D. The good games you do get into are great, but I'll have to play 4-5 games before I get one legit game.

The computer is annoying as all hell. I can't play Be a pro offline; it's just horrible. There's no flow to the game. There's just a huge difference between a good online game and a good offline game. If by chance you do find a good BAP game online, then it's usually a good game, but those are far and few between.

I was getting into GM mode a bit, but playing the computer, who always makes the right pass and gets to the puck first, is annoying. They do the same damn thing in the O-zone. I like playing against humans because they actually make mistakes. The computer makes the right pass all the time. They never force anything. They dump, chase, and try again. Hell, it takes them 5 minutes to enter the zone half the time.

I love NHL, but I'm getting to the point where it annoys me more than it gives me entertainment, which is the only reason why I play video games.

Dubi Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 11:42 AM
Game 8

vCash: 50
How do you send the other player a message in online vs play

Game 8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 12:01 PM
redacted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi Doo View Post
Hell, it takes them 5 minutes to enter the zone half the time.
I actually found the "sweet spot" a few days ago. Columbus was trying to gain my zone, their center had the puck at center ice. Whenever the center moved laterally, I made the same movement with mine. The teams just stood there until the period ended.

redacted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 12:58 PM
Traktor*

Anyone want my cards before I take NHL11 back?

I've got 200,000 puck and a bunch of supped up untouched cards (Johanssen, Ross, Nino all maxed out + 80 game contracted).

If someone wants my cards just tell me what card you are going to list and I will look it up and make you a trade.

Make sure you list the price of your card so I will know where to find it and make it super high priced so that nobody buys it.

Traktor* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 01:27 PM
Traktor*

BTW I have P3S. Sorry xbox guys

Old
03-12-2011, 02:43 PM
Theron
#beauty

Send a message via ICQ to Theron Send a message via AIM to Theron Send a message via MSN to Theron Send a message via Yahoo to Theron Send a message via Skype™ to Theron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atty View Post
Anyone want my cards before I take NHL11 back?

I've got 200,000 puck and a bunch of supped up untouched cards (Johanssen, Ross, Nino all maxed out + 80 game contracted).

If someone wants my cards just tell me what card you are going to list and I will look it up and make you a trade.

Make sure you list the price of your card so I will know where to find it and make it super high priced so that nobody buys it.
damn thats a lot of pucks

if your feeling charitable I'd love a Ross or Nino

Black Aces -
D Keith Aulie, Toronto Marlies (AHL) bin 10,000, 1 day

Theron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 02:55 PM
Traktor*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theron View Post
damn thats a lot of pucks

if your feeling charitable I'd love a Ross or Nino

Black Aces -
D Keith Aulie, Toronto Marlies (AHL) bin 10,000, 1 day
I didn't even buy a single pack either. Made all my pucks buying cards and selling them for marked up prices.

I'll send you something.

Old
03-12-2011, 03:20 PM
Theron
#beauty

Send a message via ICQ to Theron Send a message via AIM to Theron Send a message via MSN to Theron Send a message via Yahoo to Theron Send a message via Skype™ to Theron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atty View Post
I didn't even buy a single pack either. Made all my pucks buying cards and selling them for marked up prices.

I'll send you something.
awesome man, muchas gracias

kassian, pietrangelo, and hedman and 7500 pucks
you sir are a gentleman and a scholar

btw why you selling the game? just bored? or sick of cheesers?

Theron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 03:28 PM
Michael Gary Scott
Toronto Maple Tron's

Anynone notice that the player salary inflation doesnt come close to matching the salary cap inflation? Especially about 6 years into GM mode? Players are asking for upwards of 10M when theyre only getting 65-80 points annually. And the cap after 6 years is about 70-72 mill. It makes it hard to grow a team once all youre good picks start asking for 7mill after their ELC

Michael Gary Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 03:37 PM
Traktor*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theron View Post
awesome man, muchas gracias

kassian, pietrangelo, and hedman and 7500 pucks
you sir are a gentleman and a scholar

btw why you selling the game? just bored? or sick of cheesers?
No problem man.

I'm trading the game because I've already put in a hefty dose of hours into NHL11 and if I want to play it all my friends still have it.

Old
03-12-2011, 04:11 PM
Backlund

vCash: 1263
**** I hate BAP in this game. I had 53 goals and 26 assists in 74 games and they send me down. The only good thing is that I still won the rocket.

Last edited by Backlund: 03-14-2011 at 11:59 AM.
Backlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 07:17 PM
Dobbie71064
Go Thrashers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter Colt View Post
I actually found the "sweet spot" a few days ago. Columbus was trying to gain my zone, their center had the puck at center ice. Whenever the center moved laterally, I made the same movement with mine. The teams just stood there until the period ended.
LOL ive done that too its so funny watching them skate around for 5+ minus (game time) and just getting fed up and dumping the puck it. gotta say it kinda makes my day haha

Dobbie71064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 12:14 PM
Traktor*

Nobody else wants some free cards?