HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

NHL 11 Thread Part IX

Old
03-18-2011, 10:18 PM
LWnumber09

vCash: 500
Is there any way to get a created team to play on international ice? I tried basing the team out of Europe but still get NHL ice...

LWnumber09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 04:07 PM
Dishtank

I came home yesterday from college and played some EASHL with some friends. I now know why I gave my xbox to my brother instead of taking it with me. We played 2 on 2 and my team gets 32 shots but 0 goals and about 5 posts. The other team gets only eh about 8 shots and 5 goals all because of the computer giving stupid passes. Something needs to change with the computer and goalies. holy ****.

Dishtank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 09:32 PM
SomeoneGreat

So I'm not sure if this is a bug or something, but I'm hoping someone can help me out.

So it was July 1 in my BeAGM, and I gave Doughty an offersheet of 6.5 mil. He accepted it, and LA couldn't afford it, so they let him go. Drew Doughty then tells me he wanted to join my team, but he can't because I can't afford him. So I trade Jeff Finger for a 2nd (lol) and I then have enough money. Unfortunately, Doughty is nowhere to be found. He's not anywhere on my contracts screen, nor LA's. He is on the trade screen however, but I can't acquire him because he has been offer-sheeted (by me).

Is there any way to get him back?

SomeoneGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 06:21 PM
LucicTrain*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeoneGreat View Post
So I'm not sure if this is a bug or something, but I'm hoping someone can help me out.

So it was July 1 in my BeAGM, and I gave Doughty an offersheet of 6.5 mil. He accepted it, and LA couldn't afford it, so they let him go. Drew Doughty then tells me he wanted to join my team, but he can't because I can't afford him. So I trade Jeff Finger for a 2nd (lol) and I then have enough money. Unfortunately, Doughty is nowhere to be found. He's not anywhere on my contracts screen, nor LA's. He is on the trade screen however, but I can't acquire him because he has been offer-sheeted (by me).

Is there any way to get him back?
go to the contracts screen and press X (im assuming XBox), that should bring you to all the players not on your NHL roster and Doughty should be there.

LucicTrain* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 02:06 PM
Click Here
You know you want to

vCash: 50
Couple questions:

1) Anyone know how much each training card raises the salary? Looking to apply four +7s and want to know how much that'll bump Myers' salary. I know a +4 shot increased someone's salary by 50, that's all.

2) Who is the best sub-1000 salary defenseman (preferably <900)? Preferably a guy with 85+ potential, or if not at least 75+ to begin with.

Also, interested in some trading if anyone's still out there.

Click Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 04:00 PM
Delayed Offside

Kind of weird in my BAP. I made a 6'5" power forward, playing center, drafted by the Red Wings.

Not having the best season as I am playing on All Star for the first time but getting used to it. Due to injuries, I am now playing on D and then center for PK or PP. It's really odd.

Never had this happen before.

Delayed Offside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 07:09 PM
Click Here
You know you want to

I need a +9 RBC if anyone wants to let it go for 1200-1500 or whatever.

Once I get it, I'll have a 97-99-99-98-97 Cory Schneider with 50 games on his contract (at 1300 salary) and 99 games in his career if anyone wants to talk deal. He cost me something like 10k to beast mode so it'll be that+ or some players.

Click Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 01:52 PM
Oscar Acosta
Bat Country

vCash: 738
Just the number of people that straight up cheat at this game is enraging. Cheese goals are absolutely killing this game. I spent my entire night off last night from like 7PM to 1AM just trying to find a game mode that didn't involve people going 100% cheese goals.

Couldn't find one. Started the night going up 4-0 on some guy in the 1st, outshooting 22-3 then he started this long ice pass one timer that went in. I was all "Whoa, how did that happen." Then next shift he did it again, then again before I shut it down the entire game.

So yeah, I know these things can be stopped but I shouldn't have to abandon all offense on my behalf just to stop this cheese goal all night because my computer players fall for it 100% of the time.

I honestly don't even understand how people find it fun to just cheat the system. It wouldn't be so bad if it were 1 out of 10 people, but it's 90% of everyone online.

Oscar Acosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 05:20 AM
WTFetus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Acosta View Post
Just the number of people that straight up cheat at this game is enraging. Cheese goals are absolutely killing this game. I spent my entire night off last night from like 7PM to 1AM just trying to find a game mode that didn't involve people going 100% cheese goals.

Couldn't find one. Started the night going up 4-0 on some guy in the 1st, outshooting 22-3 then he started this long ice pass one timer that went in. I was all "Whoa, how did that happen." Then next shift he did it again, then again before I shut it down the entire game.

So yeah, I know these things can be stopped but I shouldn't have to abandon all offense on my behalf just to stop this cheese goal all night because my computer players fall for it 100% of the time.

I honestly don't even understand how people find it fun to just cheat the system. It wouldn't be so bad if it were 1 out of 10 people, but it's 90% of everyone online.
From a semantic argument, a "cheese" goal is a goal that goes in top shelf. In this game, those typically come from curve shots. For your one-timer goal, those are glitch goals, not cheese goals.
However, I don't really see how they are glitch either. One-timers have a high likelihood of going in if used correctly, in the game and in real life. And really, you should have been able to stop them. If they are really "long ice pass" one-timers, it shouldn't be that hard to intercept them. I don't see how playing positional defense (standing in the slot to intercept the passes) will sacrifice your offense either unless you play a cherry-picking full breakout offensive game.
There are a lot of players that use glitches in this game I agree, but it really isn't that hard to stop and you don't have to sacrifice offense in doing so. Just play sound positional defense.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 07:48 AM
SPV
Zoinks!

I love the glitch goal/cheese goal arguement. I've only ever used the old S move and now the backhand deke move on breakaways. It was always my philosophy that if you let me get a breakaway, it's you fault not mine that I'm scoring that way!!

That said, if you are playing someone that is using that type of scoring, and they are up 3+ and still doing it, then they are just jerks (I'd prefer another word here but I think the filter would block it!). I haven't played online in years, but I used to play in leagues and I used to love to beat those jerks that ran it up on other people!

Anyway, more importantly than that, I am just entering my third season and Tyler Seguin is an absolute beast in this game! I almost feel like I'm cheating having him on my team, but I'm playing as the Bruins!!

SPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 11:52 AM
Keeping Karlsson
Since 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
From a semantic argument, a "cheese" goal is a goal that goes in top shelf. In this game, those typically come from curve shots. For your one-timer goal, those are glitch goals, not cheese goals.
However, I don't really see how they are glitch either. One-timers have a high likelihood of going in if used correctly, in the game and in real life. And really, you should have been able to stop them. If they are really "long ice pass" one-timers, it shouldn't be that hard to intercept them. I don't see how playing positional defense (standing in the slot to intercept the passes) will sacrifice your offense either unless you play a cherry-picking full breakout offensive game.
There are a lot of players that use glitches in this game I agree, but it really isn't that hard to stop and you don't have to sacrifice offense in doing so. Just play sound positional defense.
the problem with people 'glitching' with one-timers is that the CPU defense does nothing to stop them-- so where in a real game, the D would adjust and stop those chances from happening after they produce a goal 2 or 3 times, the AI in the game doesn't do this at all, leaving it up to you to control your one guy (and move around to control other cpu players when they go astray)

Keeping Karlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 12:33 PM
BELLE TIRE

vCash: 129
Something funny occurred last night in a heated game in Be a GM. I just love the occasional shady disallowed goals and shady calls in general. Never before has a video game featured officiating that causes the same kind of emotions as in real life situations. Here's what went down:

My player is coming down on the backcheck, the CPU player stops in the slot and my player bumps into his back. The CPU player just leans forward to take the hit and doesn't fall down. Result: 2min charging.

Ok, I'll take the call.

Next up, my player makes a similar hit in the offensive zone, away from the boards. Just takes a couple of steps and bumps into a guy's back and the CPU player again leans forward to take the hit but doesn't fall down. This happened about ten feet away from the boards and the player wasn't injured. Result: 5 and a game for charging.

Game misconduct was assessed during the last ten minutes of a 0-0 game. Lost 2-1. Part of me is livid for getting shafted, yet at the same time I love how the game has these occasional atrocious calls.

BELLE TIRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 02:42 PM
WTFetus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthensth View Post
the problem with people 'glitching' with one-timers is that the CPU defense does nothing to stop them-- so where in a real game, the D would adjust and stop those chances from happening after they produce a goal 2 or 3 times, the AI in the game doesn't do this at all, leaving it up to you to control your one guy (and move around to control other cpu players when they go astray)
Yeah, but I think he was talking about Online Versus Play not OTP. I understand in OTP there really isn't anything you can do about it, but when you are in control of all 5 guys on the ice, letting in a long ice pass one-timer is more your fault.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 03:54 PM
Ryanoceros
He Shoots, He Scores

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
Yeah, but I think he was talking about Online Versus Play not OTP. I understand in OTP there really isn't anything you can do about it, but when you are in control of all 5 guys on the ice, letting in a long ice pass one-timer is more your fault.
Agreed. Nothing is more angering than that "toe drag" move where the CPU D-Man stops short just long enough for the forward to skate right past him and into a 2 on 1. It's why I'm hesitant to play without a Dman when we only have 3 players online.

Everything else is stoppable with solid D.

And don't even get me started on how awkward the CPU is with it's decision to pass one foot away from me, or refuse to get pucks in deep, or make a u-turn at the blueline when entering the zone, or passing behind players when they call for them, or... the list goes on.

Ryanoceros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 09:05 PM
Winnipeg Jets
Lucky #7

vCash: 1580
Does anyone feel like the Be a GM Mode gameplay is slower than playing a quick match? My entire roster just feels so slow and their reactions feel delayed compared to how they are in a quick match... It's really annoying me.

Winnipeg Jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 09:36 PM
Falkrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg Jets View Post
Does anyone feel like the Be a GM Mode gameplay is slower than playing a quick match? My entire roster just feels so slow and their reactions feel delayed compared to how they are in a quick match... It's really annoying me.
Maybe its your sliders? Increase the game speed maybe

Falkrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 01:30 PM
Winnipeg Jets
Lucky #7

vCash: 1580
Thanks, it's better now.

Can anyone tell me how to read the depth chart? It goes something like this:

Reserve list........ C 8/17
44/50 .............LW 11/6
.......................RW 5/6
Unsigned..........D 16/10
13/40...............G 4/4

Winnipeg Jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 09:24 AM
MikeyMike01*
Hurray

Send a message via AIM to MikeyMike01* Send a message via MSN to MikeyMike01*
Just got my legend card in EASHL after 175 games... So satisfying.

MikeyMike01* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 11:42 AM
BELLE TIRE

We all know the height rollover glitch in NHL11, right? Something strange is going on in my Be a GM...

Just recently took a peek at the 2012 draft and noticed that a few guys have become 5'1"/155cm tall. Martin Frk and Alexander Khokhlachev (IIRC) have that issue. They're 6' and 5'10" respectively, so it can't be the usual rollover that's going on. Has anyone else experienced this?

Old
04-07-2011, 08:19 PM
Happy Hallidays
We are the 18%

Well I'm not entirely sure but I now have the tallest player in the NHL on the Oilers.. Magnus Paajarvi.. I went to check his stats after he had a great 80 point season in his third year and I noticed his height had gotten to 6'7.. The very next year he popped in 90 points with 40 goals and I go to check playoff stats or his speed or something and he is now 6' 9.. Don't know what's going on lol, anyone else had this?

PS Skille is an absolute beast in this game.

Happy Hallidays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 10:57 AM
Pulkkinen
Elias Lindholm.

Send a message via MSN to Pulkkinen Send a message via Yahoo to Pulkkinen
I have a couple of questions about the BAGM Mode:

I've only played one BAGM since i bought the game, with Colorado, so all the second-year situations are new for me.

- After the start of the second regular season, there's still one RFA at the market, Jack Johnson. He doesn't want to sign with Los Angeles, his demands are lower, but he's still RFA and doesn't play. ¿What happens with him? ¿He will be there until someone signs him? ¿He will become an UFA? It's a shame, because he wants to play for me (Colorado), i have plenty of cap to sign him, but i don't want to bring all my top picks.

- I've signed in the summer Stefan Elliot a 3 year-deal in order to retain his rights. Also, i've extended the same deal to Calvin Pickard and Tyson Barrie to bring him to Lake Erie and continue developing him, but they doesn't appear at LEM roster, and in my Contracts page they appear as signed. I'm worried because there are some of my best prospects and i want they at AHL in order to call-up to NHL in the future.

Thanks.

Pulkkinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 11:21 AM
BELLE TIRE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulkkinen View Post

I've only played one BAGM since i bought the game, with Colorado, so all the second-year situations are new for me.

- After the start of the second regular season, there's still one RFA at the market, Jack Johnson. He doesn't want to sign with Los Angeles, his demands are lower, but he's still RFA and doesn't play. ¿What happens with him? ¿He will be there until someone signs him? ¿He will become an UFA? It's a shame, because he wants to play for me (Colorado), i have plenty of cap to sign him, but i don't want to bring all my top picks.
He can hold out if he wants to. If he's not signed by a certain date in December (1st?), he won't be eligible to play during the current season and has to be re-qualified by LA to keep him as RFA. If he holds out and isn't tendered a qualifying offer, he'll be UFA on July 1st. If it bothers you that he might hold out for the whole season, just make an offer sheet that you're sure the Kings will match. No picks lost and he'll play for the year.

Quote:
- I've signed in the summer Stefan Elliot a 3 year-deal in order to retain his rights. Also, i've extended the same deal to Calvin Pickard and Tyson Barrie to bring him to Lake Erie and continue developing him, but they doesn't appear at LEM roster, and in my Contracts page they appear as signed. I'm worried because there are some of my best prospects and i want they at AHL in order to call-up to NHL in the future.

Thanks.
Maybe someone will correct me if I'm wrong but the NHL/AHL/CHL eligibility seems to be a bit bugged in this game. Seems like some players will be overaged for CHL, yet are still ineligible to play in the AHL.

Old
04-09-2011, 11:24 AM
kuick
Tatar Sauce

Quote:

Thanks.
The RFA thing is definitely something that needs fixing. If you want Johnson and don't want to give up that many picks, you can usually strike a deal for his rights from LA for less.

Elliot, Pickard and Barrie are too young for the AHL. Players from the CHL have to be 21. European players can be younger.

Edit: Dexter is right, it is pretty bugged. Kadri is the only player I've seen that they let play in the AHL (under 21) after their overage CHL season.

Last edited by kuick: 04-09-2011 at 12:14 PM.
kuick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 12:04 PM
bonzaibondra12

Anyone know if Orlov or Kuznetsyov are in the game anywhere?

Orlov has been in Hershey for a bit, but haven't seen a roster update include him.

bonzaibondra12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 12:58 PM
InUtero
Oilers!

why do my players keep falling for no reason?

InUtero is offline   Reply With Quote