HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

NHL 11 Thread Part IX

Old
04-10-2011, 08:55 PM
The Maple Leaf

vCash: 500
Y'know what's stupid? Getting a game misconduct for an errant boarding hit that fails to injure a player.

The Maple Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 10:46 PM
Reim Job

Does anyone know if Joe Colborne is in HUT mode? If so, what team? I've searched both Providence and Boston but can't seem to find him.

Reim Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 07:28 PM
Ashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
From a semantic argument, a "cheese" goal is a goal that goes in top shelf. In this game, those typically come from curve shots. For your one-timer goal, those are glitch goals, not cheese goals.
However, I don't really see how they are glitch either. One-timers have a high likelihood of going in if used correctly, in the game and in real life. And really, you should have been able to stop them. If they are really "long ice pass" one-timers, it shouldn't be that hard to intercept them. I don't see how playing positional defense (standing in the slot to intercept the passes) will sacrifice your offense either unless you play a cherry-picking full breakout offensive game.
There are a lot of players that use glitches in this game I agree, but it really isn't that hard to stop and you don't have to sacrifice offense in doing so. Just play sound positional defense.
I disagree with you.
You have to completely change your game play type to stop cheese/Glitch goals.

Does left right goal go in every time? Yes. Should it? No.
Can a guy deke the puck 50 times in 4 seconds? No.
Cheese goals are the left right, The curve shot, The exploiting the dumb computer AI, and Dumb computer goalies. Those are cheese goals. Passing the puck to get a onetimer shot, and it goes in? No biggy, it happens. But skating through the circle and doing a little up the control stick to go top corner on a save the goalie can see, and where the normal hockey player would take the spot away? No, get those out.

A glitch goal was something such as the goalline shot from last year, Or the jump up deke into the net over the goalie move in this one. This game has 1 glitch goal, it's the cheese goals that have come back.

Ashe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 02:52 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmed93 View Post
why do my players keep falling for no reason?
I've noticed this as well, it pisses me off.

After the most recent roster update, Grabner is a BEAST in this game.

End of Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 08:52 PM
jeffl97

Every time I play as Chicago online Hossa is just a beast. Won 6-4, Hossa had 3g 1a

jeffl97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 09:51 PM
Pulp Fiction
RIP Wade Belak

When will the NHL 12 info start coming out?

Pulp Fiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 10:06 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Another thing I've noticed since the roster update.

Crosby is finally a consistent 100+ point scorer.

Old
04-20-2011, 04:39 PM
MildlyAwesome
Rational Leaf Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezzie11 View Post
When will the NHL 12 info start coming out?
Mid-May was NHL 11 being revealed. I would expect then.

MildlyAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 09:47 PM
The Maple Leaf

For all the complaining about the commentary getting repetitive, I think the game's overall attempts to give you advice is as repetitive as heck.

Old
04-22-2011, 06:15 AM
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?

Send a message via AIM to Jovavic
Why is the game still 60 bucks seven months after release? **** you EA

Jovavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 12:47 PM
InUtero
Oilers!

vCash: 50
i have custom goal horns on and whenever the home team win in OT the goal horn never goes off is there any way to fix this??

InUtero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 12:04 AM
KillerKampfer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyColdHrdina View Post
Why is the game still 60 bucks seven months after release? **** you EA
Not like you want it used so you cant play online.

My PS3 network aint working. Is it normal its been like a week!

KillerKampfer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 01:35 AM
The Maple Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerKampfer View Post
Not like you want it used so you cant play online.

My PS3 network aint working. Is it normal its been like a week!
Apparently, the Playstation Network's down due to some hackers wreaking havoc on PSN accounts. More details below:

Quote:
A security breach in the Playstation Network by still unidentified hackers resulted in stolen personal information, Sony confirmed today.

Sony says while personal information was likely stolen they don't believe credit card numbers were and that they hope to have the Playstation Network service back up within a week.

The news comes more than nine days after the intrusion and six days after Sony shut down both the Playstation Network and Qriocity services in reaction to the breach. Sony says they've hired a "recognized security firm" to conduct a complete investigation into what happened and have taken steps to enhance security and strengthen network infrastructure.

"We have discovered that between April 17 and April 19, 2011, certain PlayStation Network and Qriocity service user account information was compromised in connection with an illegal and unauthorized intrusion into our network," Patrick Seybold, senior director of corporate communications for Sony Computer Entertainment of America, wrote on the official Playstation Blog today.

Among the possible information stolen:

* Name
* Address (city, state, zip)
* Country
* Email address
* Birthdate
* PlayStation Network/Qriocity password and login and handle/PSN online ID.

"While there is no evidence at this time that credit card data was taken," writes Seybold, "we cannot rule out the possibility."

"If you have provided your credit card data through PlayStation Network or Qriocity, out of an abundance of caution we are advising you that your credit card number (excluding security code) and expiration date may have been obtained," Seybold continues.

Sony is encouraging users to be especially aware of potential phishing scams from people using email, phone calls and mail to try and extract more personal or sensitive information from you. Sony also is strongly recommending that you change you password once you're able to log back into the Playstation Network.

"To protect against possible identity theft or other financial loss, we encourage you to remain vigilant, to review your account statements and to monitor your credit reports," Seybold wrote

"We thank you for your patience as we complete our investigation of this incident, and we regret any inconvenience. Our teams are working around the clock on this, and services will be restored as soon as possible. Sony takes information protection very seriously and will continue to work to ensure that additional measures are taken to protect personally identifiable information. Providing quality and secure entertainment services to our customers is our utmost priority. Please contact us at 1-800-345-7669 should you have any additional questions."

Old
04-27-2011, 01:02 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Can anyone link me to a place where I can download the latest roster update please?

Last edited by Fel 96: 04-27-2011 at 01:09 PM.
Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 01:20 PM
BluelineHammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
Can anyone link me to a place where I can download the latest roster update please?
All you have to do is go to play a drop in online game, or any other online game. You will be prompted to download the most recent update. Then you can just back out of the game, just remember to save the new rosters.

****If you are on PS3, I'm not sure if the online stuff is working again, because as of about 2 weeks ago, sony had a hacker get into their system so they shut their network down. I'm not sure if its up again yet (see post above yours).

BluelineHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 10:25 AM
End of Line
Human After All

I'm a couple years into my newest dynasty and Crosby is now a 99 overall.

Old
04-29-2011, 02:56 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluelineHammer View Post
All you have to do is go to play a drop in online game, or any other online game. You will be prompted to download the most recent update. Then you can just back out of the game, just remember to save the new rosters.

****If you are on PS3, I'm not sure if the online stuff is working again, because as of about 2 weeks ago, sony had a hacker get into their system so they shut their network down. I'm not sure if its up again yet (see post above yours).
I'm on PS3 but I know there was a site where we could download homemade roster update for NHL 10. Don't think that site also made it for NHL 11 sadly.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2011, 10:41 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
To people who are falling down randomly or having guys fall down I think it has something to do with the most recent tuner set. So go back to an older one and you should be ok.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 12:11 AM
InUtero
Oilers!

Quote:
i have custom goal horns on and whenever the home team win in OT the goal horn never goes off is there any way to fix this??
anybody??

Old
05-05-2011, 08:34 PM
gojacketsgo61
Fire the Refs!

vCash: 555
Anyway I can have continuous OT in play-a-friend vs mode?

gojacketsgo61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 02:52 AM
Hitter*
The Epitomy Of Evil

IDK bout anyone else but I HATE how sometimes my guys will pass it backwards, Ill be pointing up or to the left or right and the player will do some backwards pass.

It would be nice if they had a position edit for players option, especially since I drafted a center who is an enforcer and I been paying him as a d-man. Would be good if I could change his position to D.

How long or until what age can I keep my unsigned rookies unsigned for?

Hitter* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 04:30 AM
Backlund

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitter View Post
IDK bout anyone else but I HATE how sometimes my guys will pass it backwards, Ill be pointing up or to the left or right and the player will do some backwards pass.

It would be nice if they had a position edit for players option, especially since I drafted a center who is an enforcer and I been paying him as a d-man. Would be good if I could change his position to D.

How long or until what age can I keep my unsigned rookies unsigned for?
I think its til their 21 but I'm not sure. I usually just sign them in the draft year and send them back to the juniors.

Backlund is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 11:14 AM
Hitter*
The Epitomy Of Evil

yeah I used to do that but then I wouldnt have any space for other players
I hope its 21

Hitter* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 11:59 AM
SPV
Zoinks!

Quote:
anybody??
Just taking a stab at this, but I believe if you score in overtime at home the game defaults the music for a home win rather than the goal song. At least that is what comes on for me. Must be the way they programmed it.

SPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 11:46 PM
InUtero
Oilers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPV View Post
Just taking a stab at this, but I believe if you score in overtime at home the game defaults the music for a home win rather than the goal song. At least that is what comes on for me. Must be the way they programmed it.
i tried that and it worked but if my team lost in OT or regulation the horn would still go off same with away team win...i don.t understand why they cant get the authentic goal horns