HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Its becoming very interesting.. (playoffs run)

Old
02-05-2011, 07:20 PM
NewHabsEra*

vCash: 500
Its becoming very interesting.. (playoffs run)

I think we are in right to start believing in our chances at winning the Stanley Cup..

Before making fun on me, just take a look at the teams that are going to make the playoffs in the East.. I dont know for you, but personally I see only 2 teams we could have a hard time facing, Flyers and Lightnings, 2 very offensive machines we have alot of trouble with, they have the mental advantage on us but who know what could happen in the late rounds taking in consideration we end 3rd in the East, they are far from being flawless, goaltending is an issue for both teams while the Bolts dont have the best D core out there..

The Pens just lost their second best player, probably gone for rest of the year, the lost of Malkin is probably bigger for them than the lost of Markov for us, while Crosby is dealing with concusion issue.. Its not looking good for Pittburg..

We have the mental advantage on the Caps, the Bruins, the Rags and the Canes, they are teams we have won against and I think the Habs have a pretty good chance against any of those teams..

As for the Habs, first we have the best and the hottest goaltender in the league in the net, Price has been quite dominant since the start of the season, he is technically flawless and his play with the puck basically gives us a third defenseman on the ice, he is calm, poised, focussed, he is just dominant!

The add of Wis has stabilized our blueline, remember when I called the trip in the West as a potential nightmare for the Habs? Our blueline was clearly showing signs of weakness before the trip, Gorges was obviously playing hurt while Gill couldnt do anything with a diminished partner, the Hamrlik Spacek pairing was decreasing, too much ice time, too many responsabilities for 2 old men, no more fuel left in the tank while Subban and Picard werent a reliable pairing.. I was expecting a rough time for the rest of the season if Gauthier wasnt going to do anything, well we all know the rest of the story, the add of Wis has instantly helped the team hugely, he was a great puckmover that was obviously gonna help our kids like Subban and Weber to bring their game at another level, Martin has found the right pairings and now our blueline looks pretty good, not perfect, but still very good, Subban has become Subban while Webber has been surprisingly stable and effective..

Third, our kids are actually improving big time, MaxPac is bringing alot of power up front, he is a big body playing big and skating very well, he is a tireless hardworker that fit perfectly on the top 6, A.Kost has been playing very good hockey since his meeting with Martin, Eller is still very raw but doesnt look quite out of place, he is another big guy playing this game hard having alot of potential, a guy like Pouliot is bringing a touch of skills on the third line.. I mean, we have to realize that we have a pretty good team with alot of potential, Cammalleri is not even playing and we still keep winning.. At some point we will have to be took seriously, most of our small guys plays with an edge too..

Finally like him or not, JM's system is working and rarely I will blame my team for a lack of effort, so the coach should be given some credit at some point..

Im not saying we will win the Stanley cup, the only thing I will say is that I believe in our chances more than ever!

Edit: Add a guy like Clarkson to this line-up and I wouldnt bet 1 penny against the Habs..

Last edited by NewHabsEra*: 02-06-2011 at 01:26 AM.
NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 07:24 PM
Canada180

I'd like to have your enthusiasm and also....some of the stinkweed you been smokin'

lol

Canada180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 07:31 PM
habspinner

The only chance I think we have of getting to the cup finals is to hope the God that someone else knocks off the Flyers before we have to meet them. I think the Habs have a chance against all other teams in a 7 games series in the East, but not the Flyers. Not without Markov and Gorges at least. We would also have to add another big body up front or on the back end at the trade deadline, and we would have to hope that no one else gets injured.

Basically, there are too many ifs this year. Future looks bright though. I don't think any of us can deny that there has been success this year. Gauthier's goal at the beginning of the year was to have the Habs amongst the top 10 teams in the league. We're presently tied with Dallas for eighth place.

habspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 07:34 PM
JayBee*

Habs can't score.

Really unfortunate that Markov and Gorges are out. If they were in the lineup...Habs would most likely be 2nd or 3rd in the East. I'd actually go all out and make a cup run.

As it stands now, I just don't see this team making a deep run. I can be wrong though...I was wrong last year.

Habs aren't beating the Flyers...and Tampa & Boston look pretty strong too.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 07:49 PM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada180 View Post
I'd like to have your enthusiasm and also....some of the stinkweed you been smokin'

lol
maybe a few too many beverages as well

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 08:19 PM
swimmer77
Post Oates

Not that even I believe the Habs could win the Stanley Cup this year but should by chance it happen would there be enough crow to go around?

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 08:22 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Relax. Lets start by thinking about Martin Brodeur and the Devils.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 08:23 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 180
the flyers is the only team the habs can't get buy.

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 08:25 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Flyers are favourite to win the cup IMO
Caps i know they suck right now but I think they will surprise in the PO
Pens even without Malikn they have Crosby and Staal I think they will trade for a winger
Bruins are still a good team, they have a great goaltender

These are the 4 teams I don't want to face in first round because our PO run might be short

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 08:26 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
Flyers are favourite to win the cup IMO
Caps i know they suck right now but I think they will surprise in the PO
Pens even without Malikn they have Crosby and Staal I think they will trade for a winger
Bruins are still a good team, they have a great goaltender

These are the 4 teams I don't want to face in first round because our PO run might be short
We will play one of those teams for sure IMO. I prefer the Bruins.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 08:33 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
We will play one of those teams for sure IMO. I prefer the Bruins.
If we don't win the division I hope we face Tampa.

If we win the divison Canes,Thrashers or Rangers.

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 08:39 PM
macavoy

Bi polar habs fans planning the parade routes in full force today.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 08:39 PM
haburger

the league is damn tight this year.relistically,there are alot of teams that have a good shot at winning it all this year.the habs are 4 -5 wins behind the league leaders an i like our chances.

haburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 08:42 PM
AntonCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Bi polar habs fans planning the parade routes in full force today.
LoL
consider the source
way too funny

AntonCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 09:07 PM
Jigger77

If we keep playing this way and someone else beats the Flyers for us you never know what can happen with a hot goaltender (and a suprise return of Gorges in the 3rd round).

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 09:40 PM
habspinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
If we don't win the division I hope we face Tampa.

If we win the divison Canes,Thrashers or Rangers.
To me you don't want to face Roloson in the first round. He's has the ability to be Halak in this years playoffs I think. He's old, but there are no back to backs in the playoffs and Tampa has the firepower to battle games he may be off.

habspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 10:05 PM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Well.. with Malkin down for the year and Crosby dinged they way he is, Pittsburgh doesn't scare anyone.
Montreal can play with anyone in the East. The only team that scares me in the East is Philly. While Boston is fierce Montreal seems to play them very well.
All this being said Montreal would need to be stellar to repeat last years performance

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 10:14 PM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habspinner View Post
To me you don't want to face Roloson in the first round. He's has the ability to be Halak in this years playoffs I think. He's old, but there are no back to backs in the playoffs and Tampa has the firepower to battle games he may be off.
precisely why I don't want to face them.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 10:20 PM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
I want to believe it is possible but you make it sound easier then it is actually going to be.

beowulf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 10:57 PM
la25ecoupe

We still haven't beat Tampa..

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 11:51 PM
kovaless

The bruins will win the cup this year. The have all the pieces. Plus, they are @$)& tough.
I like Montreal. I can see us making conference finals,
But tbd bruins just look too good right now.

kovaless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 12:03 AM
SB164

I'm hoping Tampa plays Philly. I think they've beaten them 3 times this season. They have enough offence to match against the Flyers, and Roloson is also capable of stealing a series.

And if we can stop Ovy, Backstrom, Sid and Gino, we can take Stamkos and St-Louis right?

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 12:07 AM
Bobby G

I thought the East ran through 5 teams (Philly, Pit, Boston, Washington and Montreal). But I can't see the Pens doing too much with out Malkin. I feel like Washington is being incredibly underrated, they are far from a right off.

But I like Montreal's chances against anyone in the east, Philly would obviously be the worst match up, but I could see them getting knocked out.

Wish we had Markov and Gorges though

Bobby G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 12:30 AM
InglewoodJack

Montreal can make it to the cup with a little help from opponents knocking off the Flyers, Pens and Caps. I feel we could take most other teams, with a nice Eastern Finals victory against the Bruins. That being said, a team short of their top two defencemen does not stand a chance against the Detroits, Vancouvers, etc. of the west.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 12:39 AM
Alaix
I believe.

And if we ever lose 3-4 in a row we will see threads like: "TANK????"

Seriously we have a WHOLE LOT of games to play, start living in the present, not the future

Alaix is offline   Reply With Quote