HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Turtleneck with the EN, Price with shutout

Old
02-05-2011, 03:59 PM
Theosis
11, 27, 31, 67, 76 ♥

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarre View Post
Rangers fan here:

Just wanted to say that this was my first time seeing Subban I believe and man, what a player. It seemed like he anticipated many of the Rangers attacks and killed them off very early on. Damn I like him... Not good at explaining in english hockeyterms what I saw in him but just wanted to congratulate you guys for having such a nice player.
But but HFboards say how hes overrated and disrespectful and and is a very dirty player...

Nice to see an opinion from another fanbase that's positive

Theosis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 03:59 PM
Darth Joker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
That was an absolutely fantastic game to watch, guys. One of those where both teams deserve to win. Great game.
Agreed. Your team (well, except Gaborik) gave a full solid 60 minute effort, and both teams deserved to win.

Habs-Rangers games are always great games to watch, even if they are low scoring. Very intense games, usually.

Darth Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 04:00 PM
eli J
Claw Machine broke

Send a message via AIM to eli J
God it's been a good hockey week for me! Nucks on another roll and took the final game of the reg season against Chicago, Boston, Detroit, and Philly have all been shut out at least once this week, and now the Rags fanbase will erupt in a frothing mouth rage because we beat them yet again. We're one game away from a complete season sweep of them. How sweet it is!

eli J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 04:00 PM
habspinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdAtTheCoolTable View Post
He was great in his rookie year, but not like this. He's been more consistent than ever, I think he's only allowed 3-4 real soft goals this year. It's just amazing to watch.
I would only slightly disagree. I agree he is lights out this year, but his December was a bit rough, as was the teams. I don't think there is too much coincidence there. Price after Gainey traded Huet was very, very good though as well. There was only one game against San Jose where he was a bit too porous, but he was really good the rest of the year.

What I am waiting for now is to see him in the playoffs. Besides the '08 playoff series against the Bruins, Price has not had much luck. I really expect that to change this year though. I can tell you that if I was another team, I would not look forward to a playoff series against Price, or for the matter the Habs. They just seem so much stronger mentally then most teams - the only team I think that is stronger and better prepared in the Eastern conference is Pittsburgh and Philly. Credit where it's due, Martin has worked miracles with this team this year.

habspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 04:01 PM
sampollock

great to see a great effort,

PG may make a trade from strength yet

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarre View Post
Rangers fan here:

Just wanted to say that this was my first time seeing Subban I believe and man, what a player. It seemed like he anticipated many of the Rangers attacks and killed them off very early on. Damn I like him... Not good at explaining in english hockeyterms what I saw in him but just wanted to congratulate you guys for having such a nice player.
Thanks for the kind words. Hard fought game that on another night you guys could have just as easily have won.

PK's been damn good for us lately, and his defensive game is severely underrated around the league at the moment. He's been our shutdown guy in all situations with Gill since Gorges went down and he's been producing BIG offensive numbers in the process.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
LesHabsRock

And just like that, 9 points up on 9th place Carolina while simultaneously being a win away from first in the division (3rd in the East)

Last edited by LesHabsRock: 02-05-2011 at 04:07 PM.
LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 04:11 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Michel Bergeron running down the Triple Low Five, saying that Price is toning it down on his end that eventually he'll probably tell PK to just give him a regular high five because other teams see that as arrogance.

Maybe you should go to the old country club with Don Cherry, Michel.

Old
02-05-2011, 04:12 PM
sheed36

Anyone think the Boyle hit on Spacek will be looked at by the league?

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 04:13 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Haters Gonna Hate.

Can't wait to get started on my blog about P.K.'s situation. I think I may just send it in an e-mail after it's done, to all the nay-sayers over at RDS.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 04:15 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock View Post
And just like that, 10 points up on 9th place Carolina while simultaneously being a win away from first in the division (3rd in the East)
but but.. were a "always fight for 8th place team"! we better back off a bit

Redux91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 04:16 PM
sampollock

after a great win, these knobs still find ways to carve pk and price,

what a bunch of losers

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 04:20 PM
KristoLeblanc*

Michel Bergeron and Gaston Therrien needs to go.

Is it that hard to find some intelligent hockey people for their show ? Jeez its boring and getting more lame very day.

KristoLeblanc* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 04:22 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Per the Tweet-o-sphere, Martin says Price will get the start again tomorrow.

Also:

habsinsideout1 Dave Stubbs
#Habs Gomez of elbow to teammate Spacek's head: "Seen the size of Spatcho's head? Surprised he doesn't get more!"
24 minutes ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

Hahaha. Say what you want about his contract or even his play... Gomez is ALWAYS money in interviews.

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 04:24 PM
Souvenirs

Another shutout for Price. Feels good man.

Great game for both teams. One of the more entertaining afternoon games of the year for sure.

Souvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 04:25 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Price shutout = Great for the team, Price, and even my Yahoo! pool!

Old
02-05-2011, 04:25 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Triple low five is back and alive woot woot!

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 04:28 PM
habspinner

bizarre stat - Three afternoon games, three shutouts. Congrats to McElhinney, Niemi and Price.

habspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 04:28 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
L'Antichambre confirmed it aswell.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 04:31 PM
Go Habs Go

Michel bergeron always hated the habs. Its an insult to have him associated with the team in any way.

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 04:32 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Puck possession time was clearly in favour of the rangers, but most of it was around the boards. Price will eat up perimeter shots all night, and he did an excellent job of not allowing second chances. The odd time that the rangers got to a high scoring chance area, Price was there too.

I'm not sure how the habs can continue rolling with a decimated defense. You are already missing two workhorses in gorges and markov, and wisniewski has been the guy eating most of the d minutes since he came to the team, and now he's down.

Thankfully, Picard did some good things out there in his limited time. Being at home is great since martin can pick his spots of when to throw picard out on the ice, and he got the avery line for most of the night. Avery's line likes to work down low with the boards, which better suits picard's game imo. That being said, he's still a #7 d-man who just happened to have a good game.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 04:33 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by #11 Saku Koivu View Post
classless

:SARCASM:

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 04:34 PM
Hab-a-maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock View Post
And just like that, 9 points up on 9th place Carolina while simultaneously being a win away from first in the division (3rd in the East)
Yeah 1 month ago I was worried about our hold on a playoff spot let alone catching Boston. It's 3rd or 6th I'd want. We finish 4th or 5th we get either the Pens or Caps, but likely Pittsburgh. With Crosby's concussion woes and Malkin being gone, we could catch them perhaps. But I'd rather they fall back so we don't play them in the opening round. They'd still be a deadly team with just Crosby and Staal to carry them. I also fear the Caps are saving it for their opening round and will be desperate to win a round and exact revenge. I'd welcome Boston or even Tampa, I think we can beat either of those. If we have to meet the Flyers I'd want it to be as late as possible- the East final, haha.

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 04:38 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdAtTheCoolTable View Post
He was great in his rookie year, but not like this. He's been more consistent than ever, I think he's only allowed 3-4 real soft goals this year. It's just amazing to watch.
The thing that impresses me even more is his play after he's let in a soft goal, in the past he would've sulked a bit and got down on himself but as we saw against Washington after letting in a soft goal to start the game it had no effect on him and he was awesome after it.

YMCMBeaulieu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 04:39 PM
MarkovsKnee

Pk Subban is a number 1 defenceman already. It's pretty amazing to watch this kid play. The scary thing is he's only going to get better.

We had Markov, Wiz and Gorges out and yet our D battled hard. I had some issues with Picard early, but he had a big block there at the end. Also, he made that smart play to set up Gomez off the boards. Pretty good for a guy who hasn't played in 10 games.

Weber played 20 minutes. Third most among our D after Hamerlik and Subban. While a lot of people thought he'd help our PP, he hasn't really done that. He has helped our penalty killing unit though. lol It has improved since he was moved onto it.

Our kids are good.

MarkovsKnee is offline   Reply With Quote