HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New Jersey Devils @ Montreal Canadiens 3:00pm Super Bowl Sunday

Closed Thread

Old
02-06-2011, 06:53 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
It`s ok, it`s just fun. Actually, I agree with Jim on Hedberg. He has many saves, but he absolutely have no clue how he makes them.

One way or another, I`m still happy we have him though.
It the Hasek approach, and it works for him.

Old
02-06-2011, 06:56 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeurRULES View Post
And I agree with everyone above. I have nothing against that rule. Next time play better habs! lol
I wouldn't have a problem with it even if it happened against us. It's a reasonable rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
I knew this was going to happen....I knew we'd have the best record in the second half (and still miss the playoffs )....I said it a couple of weeks ago.

I like watching the Devils play well...But for what now?
Pride and trolling, I guess?

Oh, and the most important thing: Convincing Parise he wants to stay with the Devils long term. And I know that's something you can get behind.

Old
02-06-2011, 06:57 PM
Lateralous
New Jersey Devils

I just looked at the boxscore and noticed that they have the Zubrus goal listed as unassisted. Didn't Elias poke that puck free?

Old
02-06-2011, 06:57 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
I knew this was going to happen....I knew we'd have the best record in the second half (and still miss the playoffs )....I said it a couple of weeks ago.

I like watching the Devils play well...But for what now?
If we were in WesternC, I`d say it`s over, even mathematically, but we`re not. There is a chance. Very little, but is. If we can take 5points from 3 games vs. Carolina and keep the similar pace, we can make it.

For what? I don`t know...with this defense we`d have another guaranteed POs exit again, no matter what huge winning streak would be behind.

For now just enjoy the hockey, hope guys can hold their confidence level achieved in the 2nd half of the season and take it to the next season and enjoy top10 pick, which is fine, because that`s a solid player coming out of it.

Old
02-06-2011, 06:58 PM
Marv4Life
Worth billions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenwo2 View Post
For Pride?

That's all we have going for us now, Jim.
Yeah. They can't afford to be dead last in the league given what happened this summer. They can't.

Old
02-06-2011, 06:59 PM
NjDevs4994
Gate

anyone have an idea if marty wil play tuesday?

Old
02-06-2011, 07:00 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralous View Post
I just looked at the boxscore and noticed that they have the Zubrus goal listed as unassisted. Didn't Elias poke that puck free?
No. Kovalchuk hit Hal Gill behind the net. Zubrus got the turnover, brought the puck to the front of the net and tucked it between Price's pads. If anybody deserved an assist it was Kovy.

Old
02-06-2011, 07:02 PM
britdevil
Tea with milk...

If we have a great second half, it sets us up for a better season next time. Also we have a solid prospect pool, despite popular opinion.

We will also be picking way above our normal position. I would also say that Lou and his scouts have had some very solid drafts the past couple years.

Old
02-06-2011, 07:02 PM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

Live

Winnnnn

One of these years we will put two of these halves together. Get the young guys the taste for winning, inject Parise, dump dead weight. Find a future suitor for Marty's chair, taste excellence.

It has been fun to watch the recent string, no chance or not. Just ****ing win and troll teams.

Old
02-06-2011, 07:03 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

hahaha, I bet on this game with my vmoney and won

Old
02-06-2011, 07:04 PM
CerebralGenesis

I had a bad feeling this is what would happen and we would play our way outta a premier draft pick. If this team only won some game in december we could actually be in the playoffs instead of not picking a good player and ending 10 or 9 in the east. Ugh this season is depressing

Old
02-06-2011, 07:05 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
I had a bad feeling this is what would happen and we would play our way outta a premier draft pick. If this team only won some game in december we could actually be in the playoffs instead of not picking a good player and ending 10 or 9 in the east. Ugh this season is depressing
Live for today. Worry about the future later. Enjoy the hot streak we're on and hope we can ride it to the playoffs.

Old
02-06-2011, 07:06 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post
It the Hasek approach, and it works for him.
true...we have a lot of Hasek jokes around here...mostly inspired by Chuck Norris.

- Hasek can reach his glove to the corner...opposite.
- Hasek can make defensive deflection just with his death stare.
- Hasek can prevent breakout pass even in enemy`s zone.
- Some people wear Chuck Norris on their T-shirt, Chuck use to wear Dominator.
- Ruzicka (czech national hockey team coach) use to chew gum, Hasek chew pucks.
- 2022 - Hasek gets plastic knuckle.
- 2024 - Hasek after one year resting because of a surgery is coming to Olympic Games to High Tatras (mountains in Slovakia ) to win Olympic gold medal by shutting down Canada.
- 2032 - Hasek starts to think about retirement...

...and many more.

Old
02-06-2011, 07:09 PM
guyincognito

in all honesty, Zubes should have gotten an assist on his own goal because he got a little grabby behind the net.

Old
02-06-2011, 07:10 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
No. Kovalchuk hit Hal Gill behind the net. Zubrus got the turnover, brought the puck to the front of the net and tucked it between Price's pads. If anybody deserved an assist it was Kovy.
Wow. Great, isn`t it?

Old
02-06-2011, 07:10 PM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

Fill up my cup

Kovalchuk

Old
02-06-2011, 07:11 PM
BrodeursCups

Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyincognito View Post
in all honesty, Zubes should have gotten an assist on his own goal because he got a little grabby behind the net.

So true...

Was also a nice giveaway from gill right to him.

Honestly, how much clutching and grabbing does gill get away with? Fitting..

Old
02-06-2011, 07:12 PM
Colin226
NJ Devils STH

Quote:
But what would a top pick do for us with this team? This isn't a Crosby/Tavares draft with 1 or 2 super highly regarded players.. 1 really good 18 year old isn't going to change things very much next season, and we made the playoffs 13 straight years without a top 5 pick so why is it paramount to our future success now?

I think it's more important that our current group build/regain confidence and come into next season knowing how to play as a team and win..

Old
02-06-2011, 07:14 PM
JimEIV

You basically have about 20 some-odd days before you have to decide to start slashing and cutting.

9 games before the trade deadline.

Oh my god I can't think after with this HORRENDOUS rendition of Sweet Child going on...It is distgusting!!!!

Old
02-06-2011, 07:15 PM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by britdevil View Post
If we have a great second half, it sets us up for a better season next time. Also we have a solid prospect pool, despite popular opinion.

We will also be picking way above our normal position. I would also say that Lou and his scouts have had some very solid drafts the past couple years.
Something else that we haven't taken into consideration :

The Valuable NHL Experience that some of our current prospects like Tedenby and Palmieri are getting as well.

Old
02-06-2011, 07:16 PM
CerebralGenesis

Quote:

I don't know if I agree.

Just because our 2nd half last year was bad doesn't mean it was why this start was yucky. It just keeps pride and the fans from cliff hoppin.

Our prospects are solid as in depth, the top end talents not around. Merill is atleast 3 years away and he's our top guy. Henrique is a 3rd line C and josefson seems to get hurt all the time so I'll reserve judgment. Not sure who else outside of tedenby who's another good winger with the 5 others we got.

Old
02-06-2011, 07:23 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:

I agree. I have faith in Lou and Conte and our scouting team. We'll get a good prospect out of this suck, even if it isn't Larsson. And this second half surge is undoubtedly making an impression on one Zach Parise.

Quote:
Never regret winning.

Old
02-06-2011, 07:29 PM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

The bigger question as Jim mentioned above is the trade deadline. What does Lou do with Arnott and Greene and whoever. It will be interesting to see if we win 7 out of the next 9.

Old
02-06-2011, 07:42 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenwo2 View Post
The Valuable NHL Experience that some of our current prospects like Tedenby and Palmieri are getting as well.
That's true. NaPalm will be amazing playing with the Wonder Twins. I'm not sure what we do with Kovy when Parise is back though. Maybe he takes Rolston's spot on the line with Elias and Zubrus? Or perhaps we put him with Josefson and Tedenby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyndevil View Post
The bigger question as Jim mentioned above is the trade deadline. What does Lou do with Arnott and Greene and whoever. It will be interesting to see if we win 7 out of the next 9.
I think we still sell at the deadline even if we win every game until then.

Old
02-06-2011, 07:51 PM
EliasR8
Brendan Shanahan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
That's true. NaPalm will be amazing playing with the Wonder Twins. I'm not sure what we do with Kovy when Parise is back though. Maybe he takes Rolston's spot on the line with Elias and Zubrus? Or perhaps we put him with Josefson and Tedenby?

I think we still sell at the deadline even if we win every game until then.
Parise-Zajac-Palmieri
Kovy-Josefson-Zubrus
Teddy-Elias-Zharkov
Rolston-Pelley-Clarkson

Closed Thread