HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Fisher, Phillips to L.A.

Old
02-05-2011, 09:23 PM
Massena Sens Fan

vCash: 500
Fisher, Phillips to L.A.

To Los Angeles:
D Chris Phillips (3.5 mill cap hit - UFA at end of season)
C Mike Fisher (4.2 mill cap hit - 2 more years)
Ottawa's 2nd rd pick 2011 (32nd overall)
Ottawa's 3rd round pick 2011 (62nd overall)

To Ottawa:
C Braydon Schenn
C Michael Handzus (4.0 mill cap hit - UFA at end of season)

Note: Handzus is just to take back some salary so L.A. fits under cap.

Massena Sens Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 09:28 PM
SuperSaiyanBeastmode

lolz it's pretty obvious there are only two options for the future of brayden schenn: get traded for a top line sniper, or be La's 1st/2nd line center. mike fisher is not parise, nash, etc.

SuperSaiyanBeastmode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 09:49 PM
topshelf15

LA doesnt touch this i think they will make a minor tweak to try and get in with what they have now ,and wait for thier kids to develop a little more this includes schenn

topshelf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 09:54 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

No, no no. We aren't trading Schenn, unless it's for someone incredible, like a Parise. That is very unlikely to happen and this trade isn't close to that.

Also, take in mind what LA needs before making a proposal and we don't need Fisher, we have someone very similar in Stoll. On D, we are very deep and while Phillips would be nice if the Kings were really ready to make a big push, but they aren't this year.

I doubt LA does much more than another deal similar to what they did last year, a depth player and a pick for a checker/grinder/vet forward. Drewiske and a 3rd for Stillman I could see (as an example, not suggesting that particular trade).

kingsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 10:17 PM
Tikhonov

lol

lol! no way they're trading Schenn for that. Fisher has value but not B. Schenn value son.

Tikhonov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 12:21 AM
FrontenacSens

Fisher, Phillips for Schenn , Voynov/Hickey

FrontenacSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 12:23 AM
ukyo

Remind me again why the Kings need Fisher or Phillips? Other than to send Schenn or Toffoli to Ottawa?

ukyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 12:44 AM
rajuabju
The One & Only

BIG no from LA.

Schenn is our most untouchable/valuable prospect right now (Yes, more so than Bernier, IMO). He's slotted to be our #2 center behind Kopitar once Stoll and/or Handzus move on.

The only player that LA would want (if Schenn is involved) is some package for Spezza.

rajuabju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 02:11 AM
Pyke*

Classic HF Boards Trade.

One team (the Kings) dramatically over valuing their (admittedly good) prospect... while the other get's fleeced.

This deal makes no sense on any level. While I may agree the Kings have no incentive to trade Schenn, the Senators aren't dealing 2nd and 3rd picks this year + 2 assets that will bring in picks/prospects for Schenn.

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 02:31 AM
Truffle Shuffle

Counter:

Toffoli and a 2nd for Michalek.

Truffle Shuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 03:13 AM
dabeechman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyke View Post
Classic HF Boards Trade.

One team (the Kings) dramatically over valuing their (admittedly good) prospect... while the other get's fleeced.

This deal makes no sense on any level. While I may agree the Kings have no incentive to trade Schenn, the Senators aren't dealing 2nd and 3rd picks this year + 2 assets that will bring in picks/prospects for Schenn.
Wait, so Ottawa gets fleeced here?

There is always one...

dabeechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 03:19 AM
Orenji

Quote:
Classic HF Boards Trade.

The Kings don't want anything currently on the Senators not named Spezza.

He will not be moved, so Kings/Senators have no reason to talk. They're terrible trading partners.

We already have enough depth scoring. We have enough defensemen. We need a top liner who can be paired with Kopitar. Sens don't have that, so there's no reason for the two teams to talk.

Schenn won't be moved for decent pieces. Kings have already done that with Sturm and Ponikarvosky. They're trying to land a somewhat big fish.

Quote:
Counter:

Again, we don't need someone like that. Toffoli is the most explosive and 'holy crap, this guy could be a big thing' offensive person the Kings have had in a long, long time. There is absolutely no reason for Toffoli to be traded.

Senators/Kings don't make good trading partners.

Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 09:45 AM
Stassino

^^ Don't look at the numbers, watch a Jr game, Toffoli is as much an NHL caliber player as Corey Locke, there's nothing about his play that suggests he'll even play in the NHL.. Slow and plays small.. Perfect the the OHL

Have no interest in Tofoli at all and I have season tickets to the 67's.. Prince or Monahan .. different story

Stassino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 09:56 AM
Fat Elvis

Why didn't you add this to the other bad thread involving LA and OTT?

Fat Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 11:20 AM
funky

Quote:
Classic HF Boards Trade.

its not overvaluing our prospects, its proper asset management and not dealing them for something we already have.

Fisher is equivlant to Stoll--->both 3rd liners trying to be more
Phillips is good but who sits? ---->Not Doughty,Johnson, Scuderi, Mitchell or Greene. Martinez had done well in an extended debut. I love Phillips and think he would be great on this team, but Mitchell was signed to fill that spot and is doing a decent job.

Now I am in the minority for Kings fans, but change Fisher for Spezza and we are talking. I hate the contract but I think two dominant centers help the Kings. Kopitar is getting way to much attention and needs someone to help divert it.

If we were true contenders I would possible do a Phillips for Hickey deal and let Martinez sit but its not fair to think we are true contenders and the way A-Mart has been playing, its not fair to let him sit.

funky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 11:20 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truffle Shuffle View Post
Counter:

That's something to work with but there would have to be another piece or at least it would need to become a 1st. Michalek's starting to skate like he used to finally, and there's still too large a question on Toffoli's skating.

Toffoli and Moller could peak my interest.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 11:30 AM
Rommel

Toffoli is not going anywhere.

Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 11:56 AM
Pyke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
its not overvaluing our prospects, its proper asset management and not dealing them for something we already have.

Fisher is equivlant to Stoll--->both 3rd liners trying to be more
Phillips is good but who sits? ---->Not Doughty,Johnson, Scuderi, Mitchell or Greene. Martinez had done well in an extended debut. I love Phillips and think he would be great on this team, but Mitchell was signed to fill that spot and is doing a decent job.

Now I am in the minority for Kings fans, but change Fisher for Spezza and we are talking. I hate the contract but I think two dominant centers help the Kings. Kopitar is getting way to much attention and needs someone to help divert it.

If we were true contenders I would possible do a Phillips for Hickey deal and let Martinez sit but its not fair to think we are true contenders and the way A-Mart has been playing, its not fair to let him sit.
You may be right that Los Angeles does not need those players, but that does not make it a fair deal value wise. That's a separate consideration.

Additionally, it's laughable to suggest that Spezza would only be worth Schenn.

Honestly, this thread is ridiculous bordering on significant mental defect.

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 12:00 PM
Ludicrous Speed

A lot of Kings fans won't include Schenn for Parise. Don't see this one going too far..

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 12:05 PM
dabeechman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
A lot of Kings fans won't include Schenn for Parise. Don't see this one going too far..
Now you're just trying to be a troll. I'd like you to show me where "a lot" of fans said that they wouldn't trade Schenn for Parise.

dabeechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 12:20 PM
Highbrow
Alfie, Alfie, Alfie!

Handzus being a throw-in is immensely more criminal than LA fans labelling Schenn as untouchable IMO.

Highbrow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 12:45 PM
funky

Quote:
You may be right that Los Angeles does not need those players, but that does not make it a fair deal value wise. That's a separate consideration.

Additionally, it's laughable to suggest that Spezza would only be worth Schenn.

Honestly, this thread is ridiculous bordering on significant mental defect.
never suggested Spezza is worth only Schenn. Spezza no matter the contract and lost season is still an elite talent.

Looking over an Ottawa rebuild I would believe Schenn would be the key prospect, + a secondary prospect like Hickey, Teubert, Moller or Muzzin + L.A would need a salary dump in either a Poni, Handzus or Stoll.

funky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 01:15 PM
HookKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post

Fisher is equivlant to Stoll--->both 3rd liners trying to be morePhillips is good but who sits? ---->Not Doughty,Johnson, Scuderi, Mitchell or Greene. Martinez had done well in an extended debut. I love Phillips and think he would be great on this team, but Mitchell was signed to fill that spot and is doing a decent job.

Really? Stoll is 35th in scoring for centers, a solid +7 on a mediocre team and 7th in league faceoff %. Sounds like one of the higher end 2nd line centers to me. Few teams have a Crosby/Malkin or Sedin/Kesler for their top two.

HookKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 02:23 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrepeterson View Post
To Los Angeles:
D Chris Phillips (3.5 mill cap hit - UFA at end of season)
C Mike Fisher (4.2 mill cap hit - 2 more years)
Ottawa's 2nd rd pick 2011 (32nd overall)
Ottawa's 3rd round pick 2011 (62nd overall)

To Ottawa:
C Braydon Schenn
C Michael Handzus (4.0 mill cap hit - UFA at end of season)

Note: Handzus is just to take back some salary so L.A. fits under cap.
We are too deep on D and as much as I like Phillips we have not a single need for any defencemen, none, not any, none at all. If you took a look before posting the proposal you would see that we are so deep on D that we are going to have to deal away at least one exceptional young prospect D or one of our veterans as it is.

Fisher we have Stoll and while I like Fisher he is only a slight upgrade over Stoll in as far as production is concerned so he *definitely* wouldn't be anywhere near enough for us to consider moving Schenn for let alone the salary dump that you have Handzus listed as.

This is a terrible proposal in that it does nothing for the Kings except give us a defenceman that we don't need and a center that we don't need and fleeces us of a prospect that fills a specific need.

Counter

To LA

Spezza

To Ott

Simmonds and Tuebert.

You get a great young rw with huge upside and a tuff young D prospect.

See, anyone can pull proposals out of their tails without giving any consideration for the other teams actual needs.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 02:32 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeechman View Post
Now you're just trying to be a troll. I'd like you to show me where "a lot" of fans said that they wouldn't trade Schenn for Parise.
He won't because he can't because its pure fairytale nonsense. None of us King fans have said anything close to that. People put up garbage proposals where they haven't taken our actual team needs into consideration and when we turn down the proposal we get accused of overvaluing our prospects.

Whatever, who cares.

Let them troll.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote