HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Capitals vs Penguins 06/02/2011 @ 12:30 PM

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2011, 08:02 PM
WingmanCD

vCash: 500
I really don't like this headline.

"Mike Green will likely miss Tuesday's game with concussion symptoms"
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/cap...miss-tues.html

Is it not frowned upon to speculate like that? The reason I ask is because the symptoms, a headache and dizziness, are understandable in this situation. The headache hardly needs explaining, and as for the dizziness, equilibrium is controlled by a series of fluid filled sacs in the inner ear. A sharp blow to the area causes a loss of balance for a period of time. When OV nearly took Chris Clarke's ear off, I remember Chris said something similar with respect to a severe loss of equilibrium. Concussions have a lot of other symptoms that are very unique. Pothier used to comment on how a lot of noise would cause him to feel terrible, or how the brightness/movement of a TV would leave him laying on a bed in the dark.

I guess my point is, just because he has a few symptoms shouldn't be enough to say he will "likely miss Tuesday's game with concussion symptoms." One of the symptoms of measles is a runny nose. What if I saw a Caps player with a runny nose and made a blog post called "Xplayer could miss time with Measles"?

This is what I do when bored. I don't meant to be one of those people who thinks they can do someone else's job better than them, it's just when I first saw that headline I got a sinking feeling in my guy and thought "oh no!" Once learning that Mike hadn't developed any new symptoms and was just being given a precautionary day of rest I felt a bit mislead.

Old
02-07-2011, 08:12 PM
Duke33

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercehannigan View Post
You are thick headed. This all started because some guy said this:

So I said, well not really since Crosby wasn't there. You can't cement anything with their main guy missing. You don't want to develop an attitude where you say, "Oh we've beaten these guys before it'll be easy." Especially if there captain and main goal scorer isn't there.

And it's not a big win TO ME because Crosby wasn't there. I like watching our team beat that *******.

Oh and P.S. we're not talking about all the other times because each game is different. And I'm pretty sure they beat us in the playoffs (when it actually counts) in regulation sooooooo. Yeah. Just stop with that.
You also continue to ignore the fact the Caps were missing some key players too. Semin? A 40-goal scorer? Nah, he's not that important....Green misses most of the game..a key defender and PP qb....nah, it's not the same. Fehr? Who scored twice against the Pens last time out and always plays well vs them? No...doesn't mean a thing cause it doesn't suit your ridiculously weak "argument". But oh my....Sidney and Malkin are out and suddenly the Pens became an ECHL team.

Last edited by Langway: 02-07-2011 at 10:59 PM. Reason: cleaned up
Old
02-07-2011, 08:13 PM
Langway
Intangibles

Ewell kind of ripped that report and for once I agree with him. Concussion-like symptoms would be more like it, at best. Fishwraps...

Old
02-07-2011, 10:48 PM
Mickstix

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingmanCD View Post
I really don't like this headline.

"Mike Green will likely miss Tuesday's game with concussion symptoms"
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/cap...miss-tues.html

Is it not frowned upon to speculate like that? The reason I ask is because the symptoms, a headache and dizziness, are understandable in this situation.
I think she's more likely "speculating" due to protocal on missing practice the day before a game, as well as the protocal of being cleared to play after a concussion.. (ie: free of sympton at rest, then after exercise, etc..) And the fact that they have a 3 day off period after the game.. Just seems like it's pretty likely he wont dress for this one, even if noones said as much definitely..

On a better note, it was said that Semin was practicing today, on a line with Laich and MP85, and would likely (speculation as well) make his return tomorrow night!! That's some speculating I hope is true!! (as long as he's 100% obviously)

Old
02-07-2011, 10:52 PM
piercehannigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molseed View Post
Of course if the Pens were the team with the 9-0-2 advantage on the Caps, I'm sure you'd be plastering it all over every post.

You also continue to ignore the fact the Caps were missing some key players too. Semin? A 40-goal scorer? Nah, he's not that important....Green misses most of the game..a key defender and PP qb....nah, it's not the same. Fehr? Who scored twice against the Pens last time out and always plays well vs them? No...doesn't mean a thing cause it doesn't suit your ridiculously weak "argument". But oh my....Sidney and Malkin are out and suddenly the Pens became an ECHL team.
Semin and Fehr do not equal Crosby and Malkin. Sorry guy.

Yeah dude you caught me. I'm a Pens fan in disguise. But really, maybe I should be. At least they can win in the playoffs.

Let's say we didn't have Backstrom and Ovechkin and then the Penguins beat us with Malkin and Crosby in. What would you say? Exactly. Your argument is crap.

How can you argue that each game isn't different? So those other times we beat them helped us beat them this time? Who knows, this time could have been the time they beat us if they had Malkin and Crosby. We can't go on beating them in regulation forever ya know.

Last edited by Langway: 02-07-2011 at 11:00 PM. Reason: cleaned up
Old
02-07-2011, 11:01 PM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

Game tomorrow. This one's gone too far off track.