HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

No thread yet? NJ put everyone to sleep.

Old
02-06-2011, 05:40 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VO Ouragan16 View Post
Am I the only one who thought the game was frustrating rather than boring.
Same here. Habs lacked the little sharpness needed to finish most of the plays. Opportunities were there but they screwed up too much.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
totalrecall

Let's look on the bright side

My DVR just got extra 3 hours space!

totalrecall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jedrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by VO Ouragan16 View Post
Am I the only one who thought the game was frustrating rather than boring.
First period was a snore but overall I think I actually thought yesterday's game was more dull once you took away the scrum activity.

Jedrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
LastRide

Typical Devils/Habs game. Game was over 5 minutes in. I'll be boycotting any Habs/Devils game from here on out. Sick of the Habs losing to this team constantly. Win or lose the game is super boring. Even after a win there is no satisfaction.

LastRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Yesterday. I said to my friend, after winning against the Rags, that today's game would be a no show for the refs where no hooking, tripping or interference call would be whistled, and where the only PPs the Habs would get would be on a highstick or too many men. I wasn't far off.

When something like this becomes so predictable, there is a definite problem, a corruption somewhere in the system.

But we live in a society that believes in the fairytale economic system of eternal debt and fractional reserve central banking with compounded interests with fictional money created out of thin air and created as debt, so I'm not at all surprised as to how many people buy the party line.

Money does grow on trees, and NHL refs are helping the league control it's business and help hockey in the states.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Andy

Can the league stop assigning french-canadian refs against the habs. I feel like they intentional don't call anything to not appear biased. Instead they look ****ing retarded.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 05:41 PM
HomaridII

This is now the 4th straight season we win the first game and lose the second on Superbowl weekend.

So I guess it is expected

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Theosis
#freegalchenyuk

vCash: 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryFraser View Post
What happend with Mathieu Darche. I did not saw him in the third period and part of second.
He got benched.

Theosis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalrecall View Post
Let's look on the bright side

My DVR just got extra 3 hours space!
Same here and now I can PVR the Super Bowl with US ads!

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bill McNeal

Game was lost in the first 5 minutes, but considering everything the Habs had going against them (second in a back-to-back, coming off a big win the day before, afternoon game, playing against a team they historically suck against, need I go on?) they had a decent showing.

The reffing isn't why they lost, both teams got the short end of the stick in that department. Just watching hockey this season it's frustrating what passes for competence in this league. How do you miss so many blatant high sticks? I mean, clutching and grabbing is such a grey area, but missing a high stick? You're just not doing your job.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Tusk

It's funny watching Kovalchuk be so happy with his empty net goal, I wonder if his teammates like him?

Tusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 05:42 PM
totalrecall

P.S. It's time to shut off the telly until tomorrow (or stay clear of all sporting channels). It's time for some bowl.

totalrecall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sheed36

Back to back games suck and sadly the Habs can't win them all which is often the case against the Devils... Still sucks though to lose to a team going nowhere this year.. Lemaire's doing a great job and just might keep the Devils out of drafting top 5 this year.. Oh wait..

Nice break coming up so hopefully Cammy and Wiz can get back.. I hope Gomez called the ref a blind fat pig.. On to the Bruins..

sheed36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Can the league stop assigning french-canadian refs against the habs. I feel like they intentional don't call anything to not appear biased. Instead they look ****ing retarded.
I understand, it makes sense from their stand point.. so the league should just not assign refs who were born or live in either city of both teams. Doesn't FIFA do that for the World cup?

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 05:43 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryFraser View Post
What happend with Mathieu Darche. I did not saw him in the third period and part of second.
when the puck doesn't bounce off any part of his body he is pretty useless

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
I'm not going to say that the penalty's that should have been called would have resulted in a win for us. But honestly... the refs (Justin St Pierre) were just awful. Id like to see some fair game.

It's gotta be due to the fact that french refs (him and Auger) don't wanna be biased in Montreal so they avoid calls for the Canadiens.. I mean that's the only thing that even makes sense.. The Hedberg interference call on Gomez was so clear... and no call. I mean really?
Justin St-Pierre is an idiot. He was on the air on the radio here in Lac St-Jean after he had reffed a game against the pens and he said : "En troisième, on a séparé les hommes des enfants".

I don't think he needs to try too hard to not appear biased. Maybe he should try harder to not appear negatively biased against us.

Des Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
kyne

The refs put their whistles away in the third. That gives an advantage to a trap team like the Devils. New Jersey clutch and grabbed to their hearts content. No wonder Gomez lost it.

kyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeye View Post
I'm sure 1/1000 shots would somehow be a miss.
LOL Touché.

But a penalty shot with an empty net looks kinda stupid. But hey NHL and stupidity sometimes go hand-in-hand.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Devils always beat us, no surprise. They have our number.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 05:45 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
Game was lost in the first 5 minutes, but considering everything the Habs had going against them (second in a back-to-back, coming off a big win the day before, afternoon game, playing against a team they historically suck against, need I go on?) they had a decent showing.

The reffing isn't why they lost, both teams got the short end of the stick in that department. Just watching hockey this season it's frustrating what passes for competence in this league. How do you miss so many blatant high sticks? I mean, clutching and grabbing is such a grey area, but missing a high stick? You're just not doing your job.
For a New Jersey game, i actually disappointed by the action, there was alot of opportunities for both teams. We easily could have tied the game, we just didn't get the bounces. Tough loss, but we played well enough in the last two periods. I really hope Martin addresses the fact that we start so slow in each game lately. It;s kind of inexplicable really, or the team is just so used to trailing that they only get their groove on once they fall behind...

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 05:45 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 180
Those refs!!!
If you get hooked on a breakaway it shouldn't be a penalty shot? and still if he could still shoot it wasn't pk's fault( or whoever hooked him ) he hit the post.

donghabs98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 05:46 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRide View Post
Typical Devils/Habs game. Game was over 5 minutes in. I'll be boycotting any Habs/Devils game from here on out. Sick of the Habs losing to this team constantly. Win or lose the game is super boring. Even after a win there is no satisfaction.
Did you copy that from my last post in the GDT.. So very true though.. If the Habs get behind to the Devils early the game is usually over.. Been that way for years..

sheed36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 05:46 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Perhaps our $7M man will take the fine and speak his mind.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 05:47 PM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
Perhaps our $7M man will take the fine and speak his mind.

I suspect and hope he will.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 05:47 PM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Devils always beat us, no surprise. They have our number.
Bahhhh. I am tired of that kind of thinking. We beat them 5-1 earlier this season. A few years ago we took the season series. Habs played good most of the game. Just no breaks.

andy28 is offline   Reply With Quote