Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brendan Morrison

Old
02-06-2011, 05:32 PM
luckyirish83

vCash: 500
Brendan Morrison

Since the Calgary Flames recent surge right back in the thick of a very tight playoff race, Sutter has implemented Brendan Morrison on the top line. And in my opinion he has done absolute wonders for this team! He is currently riding a seven game point streak tallying four goals and six assists in that span!

I always loved how he played, he is a fantastic two way center man and although he may not be the "elite" centerman the Flames have been pining for years for, he has certainly been amazing! He really compliments Iggy and Tangs very nice and you can tell that they just "click". At a $725,000 price tag for our number 1 center man...you can't help but feel good for the guy for having such a great comeback year, especially seeing as the Canucks pretty much threw him away!

I would personally love to keep him around next season, he fits right in to our team and is one of the many big reasons for this sensational turn around!

What are your thoughts on Brendan Morrison?
Would you like to see him sport a Flames jersey next year?

luckyirish83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 05:35 PM
Skobel24
GO IGGY GO!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyirish83 View Post
Since the Calgary Flames recent surge right back in the thick of a very tight playoff race, Sutter has implemented Brendan Morrison on the top line. And in my opinion he has done absolute wonders for this team! He is currently riding a seven game point streak tallying four goals and six assists in that span!

I always loved how he played, he is a fantastic two way center man and although he may not be the "elite" centerman the Flames have been pining for years for, he has certainly been amazing! He really compliments Iggy and Tangs very nice and you can tell that they just "click". At a $725,000 price tag for our number 1 center man...you can't help but feel good for the guy for having such a great comeback year, especially seeing as the Canucks pretty much threw him away!

I would personally love to keep him around next season, he fits right in to our team and is one of the many big reasons for this sensational turn around!

What are your thoughts on Brendan Morrison?
If it means someone on the farm losing a spot, then no. I'd rather bring in youth, but I'd be fine with him returning at a similar price.

Skobel24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 05:41 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobel55 View Post
If it means someone on the farm losing a spot, then no. I'd rather bring in youth.
if Morrison cracks 45 points I say bring him back... he's having his best year since 2006/07 and has really fit in well with this team... he plays in all situations and has played on all lines... and if he keeps showing chemistry with Iggy & Tanguay the Flames would be stupid not to bring him back

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 05:42 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Morrison has looked good on that top line. I wouldn't call him a #1 Center, but he's a smart player so he can be inserted into the top line and not look out of place. Not to mention, he provides leadership and comes with a great price tag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyirish83 View Post

Yeah, I certainly wouldn't have an issue with getting Morrison back next year.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 06:11 PM
King In The North
Sean Bennett

I would love to have him back, but I wouldn't expect BMo to play like a top center year-round. Good to have as an option, though.

King In The North is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 07:03 PM
Skobel24
GO IGGY GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
if Morrison cracks 45 points I say bring him back... he's having his best year since 2006/07 and has really fit in well with this team... he plays in all situations and has played on all lines... and if he keeps showing chemistry with Iggy & Tanguay the Flames would be stupid not to bring him back
Couldn't agree more, but if we have a shot at bringing in a younger player who can put up similar numbers, I'd rather leave Bmo out. He's been playing great, but I'm not sure he'll keep it up. Here's hoping though.

Old
02-06-2011, 07:27 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Couldn't agree more, but if we have a shot at bringing in a younger player who can put up similar numbers, I'd rather leave Bmo out. He's been playing great, but I'm not sure he'll keep it up. Here's hoping though.
worst case he is a great 3rd line center, siging Morrison won't be bad either way

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 07:44 PM
Skobel24
GO IGGY GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
worst case he is a great 3rd line center, siging Morrison won't be bad either way
If he can start putting up points at a consistent pace, I'd love to have the guy back, but we've seen a streak like this before.

Edit: Let me rephrase that. I'd like to see him start contributing a bit more consistently to the offense, (we have more than enough inconsistency here) but I'd bring him back either way. I'm not expecting this streak to continue. The problem I have bringing him back as a 3rd liner is that I'd much rather see Backlund on that line. I wouldn't be too comfortable with either of them on the second line next year.

Last edited by Skobel24: 02-06-2011 at 07:51 PM.
Old
02-06-2011, 07:52 PM
WhereIsIt
alongtheboards

Quote:
If he can start putting up points at a consistent pace, I'd love to have the guy back, but we've seen a streak like this before.

Edit: Let me rephrase that. I'd like to see him start contributing a bit more consistently to the offense, (we have more than enough inconsistency here) but I'd bring him back either way. I'm not expecting this streak to continue. The problem I have bringing him back as a 3rd liner is that I'd much rather see Backlund on that line. I wouldn't be too comfortable with either of them on the second line next year.
Well he is playing with Iggy and Tangs now. Big difference when before you were playing with anyone else on the team.

WhereIsIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 07:55 PM
Skobel24
GO IGGY GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotalik Fanboy View Post
Well he is playing with Iggy and Tangs now. Big difference when before you were playing with anyone else on the team.
It might fix his inconsistency, but this team keeps plugging guys into that #1 slot, who aren't #1 centermen (or barely qualify as a top 6 forward). I would love to see me be wrong, and Bmo end up playing like this for the rest of the year, but I'm not expecting this "streak" to continue. Then again, we don't really have anyone better for that position.

The other problem is highlighted. Aside from Iggy and Tanguay, we can't rely on anyone to show consistency.

Last edited by Skobel24: 02-06-2011 at 08:05 PM.
Old
02-06-2011, 08:11 PM
luckyirish83

It's true that they have plugged numerous players on the top line to play center indeed. Jokinen was brought in to play that role to the dismay of alot of flames fans saying he couldn't do it and they were right. Morrison has found a way to stay on the top line judging by how he has played with Iggy and Tangs. He is our best option right now and it is working wonders! I say if it ain't broke then don't fix it. Keep Morrison on the top line and the more games they play as a line...it can only get better with consistency and chemistry. My point is that he is a great center who can play in all situations and i am happy to have him as a Flame! That top line is really starting to gel!

On a side note...in all fairness to Jokinen, he has played alot better these days and is showing more fire in his belly! He really seems suited for a second line role and it shows. Now if only Bourque would start producing again then we could have one dangerous team!

luckyirish83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 09:32 PM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

Morrison is not someone who will guarantee you top line center performances year after year, bringing him back would be risky.

With that said, I love the guy and feel he's one of the biggest bargain players in the league.

Chessarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 09:51 PM
GoFlames

Like how he has played... when BMo plays well the Flames play well it seems. Early in the season he had the most points. Now he is playing well and the team has been winning. Bring him back for a cheap price.

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote