HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Phil Kessel asks to be traded?

Old
02-07-2011, 10:39 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuiltTagonTough View Post
Million dollar body, 5 cent head. Pass.
And a debt when it comes to personal accountability and doing what it takes for a team to win. Joyce ripped him up in his book and it seems to continue to follow him, including in being dealt by the Bruins. Jim_Bob has all the reasons laid out -- he's not someone to build around and thankfully a division rival has tried to.

02-07-2011, 11:57 AM
iknowphysics

Send a message via AIM to iknowphysics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Kessel is a selfish little ****. Avoid him. Avoid him like Ebola.
This.

He seems to underachieve where ever he doesn't get his way. When he was in juniors, he was compared to Sidney Crosby, but when he played for the Gophers, he sucked and was demoted to the third line despite outstanding first line expectations. He left the Gophers after one year, as soon as he was drafted.

Also, for character reference, Kessel snubbed the offers from his hometown Badger team (where he could've been a collegiate golden god and a part of the '06 NCAA Championship team) to play for Wisconsin's all-time rival Minnesota, and now everyone in Madison hates his guts.

He lost his nuts to cancer, but he never really seemed to have them to begin with, and I doubt they'll grow back.

The only redeeming part about Phil Kessel is that he's Amanda Kessel's brother. Amanda's a very nice person, a great hockey player, and f'ing hot, despite the fact she also chose to be a Gopher (I blame Phil); I met her a few times when I lived in Madison.

iknowphysics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 12:32 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowphysics View Post
This.

He seems to underachieve where ever he doesn't get his way. When he was in juniors, he was compared to Sidney Crosby, but when he played for the Gophers, he sucked and was demoted to the third line despite outstanding first line expectations. He left the Gophers after one year, as soon as he was drafted.

Also, for character reference, Kessel snubbed the offers from his hometown Badger team (where he could've been a collegiate golden god and a part of the '06 NCAA Championship team) to play for Wisconsin's all-time rival Minnesota, and now everyone in Madison hates his guts.

He lost his nuts to cancer, but he never really seemed to have them to begin with, and I doubt they'll grow back.

The only redeeming part about Phil Kessel is that he's Amanda Kessel's brother. Amanda's a very nice person, a great hockey player, and f'ing hot, despite the fact she also chose to be a Gopher (I blame Phil); I met her a few times when I lived in Madison
That has NOTHING to do with Kessel as a Hockey player. You may know Physics, but you don't know about compassion and class. He had Testicular cancer, he beat it! He made a full recovery and still was able to play in the NHL. Yes, i would not want him either, but wow dude. Unless your a woman, you should know why that is not a cool.

As a hockey player, what most have already said i agree with. I would pass.

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 12:33 PM
jlr
\m/o.o\m/

Kessel is like a caricature of Roy.

Take Derek Roy, exaggerate a few of his best and worst traits, then overpay dramatically to acquire him, and you end up with Phil Kessel. There's a reason he was picked last for kickball.

jlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 12:59 PM
iknowphysics

Send a message via AIM to iknowphysics
Quote:
Originally Posted by 71Zamboni View Post
That has NOTHING to do with Kessel as a Hockey player.
That's fair. It was... below the belt.

iknowphysics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 03:43 PM
Kruschiki

I think Kessel and Gerbe are friends, are they not?

Kruschiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 03:48 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by schadenfreude View Post
I think Kessel and Gerbe are friends, are they not?
Yeah, once quoted as calling Kessel his favorite teammate ever from their days on the NTDP squad.

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote