HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edm-LA

Old
02-07-2011, 01:06 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Edm-LA

Andrew Cogliano for a 2nd, or a D-prospect can be discussed if Edmonton would rather have a body in return (no Forbort).

I think Cogs can be an important piece of a third line and maybe with a shake up could become more of an offensive threat like he was drafted for. At the very least I see Cogliano becoming a Dean McAmmond or Todd Marchant type if groomed right, and at 23, that would be fine with me. He'd be a nice addition alongside Simmonds and Clifford in my books, and likely could be resigned for a few years at $1.5 million or less, and could be kept long term if needed. Also, seeing as DL gave up a 2nd for Richardson, I think Cogs value is about the same, perhaps somewhat higher, though not substancially.

For Edmonton, I honestly have no idea if they want to keep Cogs, if he's still someone they think can break out, or if he's become redundant in their rebuild. If Edmonton is keen on keeping him, that's fine, but if not, then this is what I think is a fair offer for a talented youngster who is struggling but does have great long term potential.

If need be, LA could add another pick, say a 5th rounder, to make the deal go.

Thoughts?

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 01:09 AM
lakai17

vCash: 50
Defence prospect and he's yours.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 01:11 AM
dixs35

vCash: 250
Cogs for a 2nd and 5th hmmm...... yes

dixs35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 01:14 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I feel the Kings have similar players in Richardson and Lewis. Probably not a player that would help the Kings much at all at this point.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 01:38 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

I thought of that, I just don't know if Richardson or Lewis can be legit 3rd liners quite honestly. As much of a disappointement as Cogs has been, in his worst season so far, he's picked up 28 points, a number he should reach this year, and a number that betters Richardsons all-time high. Cogs also has good wheels and I like his defensive ability. I just think if you put his speed on a line with Simmonds and Clifford, it'd be hard to get away from that kind of forecheck. In addition, Cogs would be fairly cheap to resign, meaning a roster spot filled by a solid player and more money to throw at a legit goalscorer and possibly a centre for the second line.

Kopitar-XXX-XXX
Stoll-Smyth-Brown
Schenn-Cogliano-Simmonds
Richardson-Clifford-Lewis
Parse-Loktionov-Mollar

D
Doughty-Mitchell
JMFJ-Scuds
Greene-Martinez
Hickey-Voynov

G Quick
Bernier

Personally, I hope we resign Williams and package one of Mollar or Parse, one of Hickey or Voynov and our 1st on draft day (and more if need be) in a package to get another top line winger.

If Williams reigned for a $4.5 million cap hit, Doughty a cap hit of $4-5 million (2 years for $8-10 million seems appropriate on a short term deal), Simmonds 3 years at $1.8 million cap hit and Cogliano a $1.5 million cap hit, that line up would total around $48 million (I assumed Martinez, Lewis and Richardson's cap hit won't jump significantly on short term deals). If the cap goes up, that could leave us well over $13 million to pursue a goalscorer and a centre if need be.

Old
02-07-2011, 01:42 AM
lakai17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I feel the Kings have similar players in Richardson and Lewis. Probably not a player that would help the Kings much at all at this point.
Richarson is a great comparison.

Old
02-07-2011, 01:44 AM
lakai17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Kopitar-XXX-XXX
Stoll-Smyth-Brown
Schenn-Cogliano-Simmonds
Richardson-Clifford-Lewis
Parse-Loktionov-Mollar
That third line has so much potential.

Old
02-07-2011, 01:48 AM
oilerfan17

Which D prospects would you consider?

oilerfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 02:10 AM
markisonfire

Not really worth it, we have enough fringe third liners. He doesn't bring anything that Lewis, Richardson, Cliche, or Elkins can't bring. He would be on the fourth line at best, if our third line in a year or two will be Clifford-Schenn-Simmonds. Perhaps a dream, but that would be amazing.

markisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 02:56 AM
Nugent93Hopkins
Welcome to the

Cogliano for Voynov(sp) and I'm game.

Nugent93Hopkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 03:35 AM
lakai17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knee View Post
Cogliano for Voynov(sp) and I'm game.
I wouldn't complain if it was Teubert either.

Old
02-07-2011, 01:23 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post
Not really worth it, we have enough fringe third liners. He doesn't bring anything that Lewis, Richardson, Cliche, or Elkins can't bring. He would be on the fourth line at best, if our third line in a year or two will be Clifford-Schenn-Simmonds. Perhaps a dream, but that would be amazing.
Well, he does bring the potential for a level of offense those guy don't bring. I like Lewis and Richardson, but unless they show me there is some chance of offense coming from them, they are doomed to the fourth line. Cliche I doubt ever makes the NHL while with the Kings and Elkins had a cup of coffee over a year ago and isn't doing much to warrant another this year. Cogs speed and offensive upside make him a 3rd liner at worst, not a 3rd liner at best like Richardson et al.

Old
02-07-2011, 01:34 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
I wouldn't complain if it was Teubert either.
Hell, I'd take Muzzin too.

Basically, a 2nd and a late pick, or a decent defense prospect, and I'd move him to the Kings.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 01:36 PM
markisonfire

I would much rather target Penner and send a bit more Edmonton's way. Penner to the Kings has been beaten to death, but I'd do Teubert and a puckmover and a pick for Penner.

markisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 01:42 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Andrew Cogliano for a 2nd, or a D-prospect can be discussed if Edmonton would rather have a body in return (no Forbort).

I think Cogs can be an important piece of a third line and maybe with a shake up could become more of an offensive threat like he was drafted for. At the very least I see Cogliano becoming a Dean McAmmond or Todd Marchant type if groomed right, and at 23, that would be fine with me. He'd be a nice addition alongside Simmonds and Clifford in my books, and likely could be resigned for a few years at $1.5 million or less, and could be kept long term if needed. Also, seeing as DL gave up a 2nd for Richardson, I think Cogs value is about the same, perhaps somewhat higher, though not substancially.

For Edmonton, I honestly have no idea if they want to keep Cogs, if he's still someone they think can break out, or if he's become redundant in their rebuild. If Edmonton is keen on keeping him, that's fine, but if not, then this is what I think is a fair offer for a talented youngster who is struggling but does have great long term potential.

If need be, LA could add another pick, say a 5th rounder, to make the deal go.

Thoughts?

The fact that the Oilers jump and dance about offering a 2nd rounder should make
you being not that optimistic about Cogs.

We need an additon on the right wing 4th line if we don't consider to use Simmonds there.
IMO we are set with Clifford - Lewis - Simmonds as our 4th line

If we stay away from Simmonds as 4th liner because of his potential
we need someone lightning fast to fill the 4th line RW spot.
I don't know that Cogliano is the right person, i mean he is fast but a 2nd rounder
is way to much to give up.

Not to long ago, Edmonton was asking for our defense prospects for Penner
and now we are offering the same guys for Cogs ??? That is way to steep

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 01:43 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerfan17 View Post
Which D prospects would you consider?
Constantin Braun

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 01:48 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
The fact that the Oilers jump and dance about offering a 2nd rounder should make
We need an additon on the right wing 4th line if we don't consider to use Simmonds there.
IMO we are set with Clifford - Lewis - Simmonds as our 4th line

If we stay away from Simmonds as 4th liner because of his potential
we need someone lightning fast to fill the 4th line RW spot.
I don't know that Cogliano is the right person, i mean he is fast but a 2nd rounder
is way to much to give up.

Not to long ago, Edmonton was asking for our defense prospects for Penner
and now we are offering the same guys for Cogs ??? That is way to steep
That's because lots of the Oiler fans on this site are all about offense and when a guy like Cogs isn't producing he is considered useless.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 02:18 PM
oilers4life5

Penner + Cogs

D-prospect and a first rounder(2011)

oilers4life5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 02:20 PM
Live Breathe Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
That's because lots of the Oiler fans on this site are all about offense and when a guy like Cogs isn't producing he is considered useless.
I agree 110% with the above statement.

I've been a fan of Cogs since his first year, and i've been a fan of his every year since. The guy plays harder than anyone else on our team, game in and game out. He's defensive game is coming around great, his speed is second to none, and he's still young enough to learn the game at the pace he skates it at.

It would be a huge mistake, IMO, if the Oilers moved him for just a draft pick, that would be a waste. You trade guys like Vandermeer for picks.

If the Oilers could ever get this kid figured out into their system, he'd be a helluva player, and after this season, it shows me even more that he's getting really close to being the type of player the organization wants him to be... A defensive first, PKer, with speed and some decent hands to pot some goals along the way. I have confidence he'll get back to scoring 15-20 goals a year, and thats definitley worth more than a 2nd rounder IMO for a guy his age and his speed.

Live Breathe Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 02:49 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post

First of all, the reason we are wanting to move Cogs isn't because he is no good, but because ideally, we draft a future top line center this year (Nugent-Hopkins...please), and then Gagner is our future number two, and Horcoff is our number three. So we have an extra third line center. Easy as that. Also, consider that we have a few young centers almost ready to make the jump to bottom six NHL minutes (O'Marra, Pitlick). I like Cogs' effort and energy, but the Oilers are really getting to the point where its time to move bottom six forwards, we have way too many of them.

Old
02-07-2011, 03:38 PM
SephF
See you next time

As an Oilers fan I'd rather hold onto Cogliano. He's looking like a legit 3rd line player and he's been producing some decent offence lately.

SephF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 03:45 PM
Beerfish

I would not move Cogliano for a 2nd and a 5th (at least not where LA will be picking). I might be willing to include him in a bigger deal to sweeten the pot to get a 1st or a high end prospect but a 2 is not worth it in my books. One of the posters mentioned Penner. Perhaps something built around Penner and Cogliano.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 03:51 PM
CupofOil

I would be a little weary of moving Cogs just yet unless it's in a package for a bigger deal, he's really starting to figure out this 3rd line role thing and is starting to produce offensively. He's still only 23 and people seem to forget that he scored 18 goals in each of his first 2 seasons which is nothing to sneeze at.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 04:19 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
I would not move Cogliano for a 2nd and a 5th (at least not where LA will be picking). I might be willing to include him in a bigger deal to sweeten the pot to get a 1st or a high end prospect but a 2 is not worth it in my books. One of the posters mentioned Penner. Perhaps something built around Penner and Cogliano.
If we move Penner and Cogs, we had best be getting a first and a couple of very good prospects. Or Jack Johnson and a pick (sorry Kings fans, wasn't being serious). The Oilers have extra bodies. The problem is, they don't really have extra GOOD bodies.

Old
02-07-2011, 04:30 PM
Going5Hole

D-Prospects w/ value = Martinez, Drewiske, Hickey, Voynov, Forbort, Muzzin, Teubert

I think Forbort/Voynov might be a be an overpayment for Cogliano, but I would be game for the rest.

Going5Hole is offline   Reply With Quote