HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Radulov looking to return to NHL, Panthers in the mix per GR

Old
04-25-2016, 11:58 AM
Pumaconcolorcoryi
Livin on a Prayer

vCash: 50
Radulov looking to return to NHL, Panthers in the mix per GR

Apparently we are being tied to Alexander Radulov......

mod edit:

Last edited by SoupyFIN: 04-27-2016 at 08:36 AM. Reason: tweet + prefix added
Pumaconcolorcoryi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2016, 12:02 PM
barkovcanfinnish
#CatsWillBeBack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumaconcolorcoryi View Post
Please no. Want no part of him.

barkovcanfinnish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2016, 12:03 PM
EnforceTheLaus
#TeachTheTrospiracy

Quote:
I think the wording is HE wants to play here, nothing about our interest for him.

EnforceTheLaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2016, 12:05 PM
Pumaconcolorcoryi
Livin on a Prayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnforceTheLaus View Post
I think the wording is HE wants to play here, nothing about our interest for him.
Thank heavens that is the truth lol

Old
04-25-2016, 12:16 PM
ShootIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkovcanfinnish View Post
Please no. Want no part of him.
What's the issue with him?

I can't recall. I know he was benched for one playoff game when he came back.

IIRC he's a talented winger

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2016, 12:22 PM
spacemanatee
TeamSESH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post
that he's a drunken *******

spacemanatee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2016, 12:24 PM
Pumaconcolorcoryi
Livin on a Prayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post

I can't recall. I know he was benched for one playoff game when he came back.

IIRC he's a talented winger
"On 11 July 2008, it was announced that although Radulov was still under contract with the Nashville Predators for one more season,[5] he had signed a three-year deal with Salavat Yulaev Ufa of the Kontinental Hockey League (KHL). Radulov had previously notified the Predators organization of his desire to play in Russia, stating that he was being offered better conditions.[6] Immediately after the announcement, the Predators, NHL and the International Ice Hockey Federation (IIHF) all released statements emphasizing that Radulov's contract obligated him to the Predators through the 200809 season and that signing with a team in Russia was a direct violation of an agreement made the previous day between the NHL and all international hockey leagues to respect players' existing contracts."

"On 1 May 2012, Radulov and Predators teammate Andrei Kostitsyn were spotted at a Scottsdale, Arizona, bar at 5:00 AM the night before Game 2 of their second round playoff series against the Phoenix Coyotes, thus breaking team curfew. Both were subsequently suspended by Predators management for Game 3.[13] Said Predators General Manager David Poile of the incident, "What they did was unacceptable and the coaches and myself had to come to the plate and do the right thing for the team. It happened. It's really unfortunate. It's selfish behaviour and we'll just have to leave it at that."[14]"

Old
04-25-2016, 12:51 PM
Kellyr

If Radulov agrees to a one year deal, why not. Give him another chance. If he wants a long term deal forget it.

Kellyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2016, 01:16 PM
Piglet

Radulov has grown as a person A LOT these past two-three seasons. Anyone who has followed KHL and TsSKA knows this. He would be a friggin' steal.

Piglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2016, 04:18 PM
Brokin

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnforceTheLaus View Post
He made $9.2M in the KHL. I don't see him signing for anything less than $7M. Not a character guy.

Brokin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2016, 10:36 PM
gizmo12688
#CatsAreComing

Apparently we are in the mix for Radulov

gizmo12688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2016, 11:09 PM
IM Clutcm
#SpaceyInSpace

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo12688 View Post
Apparently we are in the mix for Radulov
We're interested in him, or he wants to play here? A couple days ago there was a tweet that he was interested in coming to Florida but there wasn't any confirmation if the interest was mutual.

IM Clutcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2016, 12:00 AM
Pumaconcolorcoryi
Livin on a Prayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM Clutcm View Post
We're interested in him, or he wants to play here? A couple days ago there was a tweet that he was interested in coming to Florida but there wasn't any confirmation if the interest was mutual.
Per Gr, it sounds mutual now.

Old
04-27-2016, 12:07 AM
IM Clutcm
#SpaceyInSpace

Quote:
Per Gr, it sounds mutual now.
Interesting. I'd like to have him, assuming his attitude has straightened out.

IM Clutcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2016, 01:32 AM
Pumaconcolorcoryi
Livin on a Prayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM Clutcm View Post
Interesting. I'd like to have him, assuming his attitude has straightened out.
Rumor time: Alexander Radulov looking to return to NHL; Word is, #FlaPanthers "in the mix." Spent past four years in KHL after #Preds. Go!

From GR

Harv reiterated saying he would replace Hudler since the team isnt interested in bringing him back.

Radulov is 29

Old
04-27-2016, 01:33 AM
Jean Luc Discard

Radulov...

Jean Luc Discard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2016, 02:10 AM
FinlandPanther

He's well worth the risk. Game breaker. We have good guys in the room. One guy will not break it.

FinlandPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2016, 02:31 AM
Jean Luc Discard

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinlandPanther View Post
He's well worth the risk. Game breaker. We have good guys in the room. One guy will not break it.
FYI once Bolland was relieved from his duties, the Cats started to rack up points.

I guess no one remembers anymore what off-ice activities he and Kostitsyn had in Nashville...

Old
04-27-2016, 02:36 AM
FinlandPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Luc Discard View Post
FYI once Bolland was relieved from his duties, the Cats started to rack up points.

I guess no one remembers anymore what off-ice activities he and Kostitsyn had in Nashville...
Bolland is a terrible hockey player. Radulov is not. It's quite simple if radulov sucks then we don't play him...

Old
04-27-2016, 02:46 AM
PanthersRule96

Quote:

Sure, he was an idiot with his prior opportunities but has apparently matured from some reports. He's also several years older and is a clear game breaker with as much offensive talent as anyone on our team, including Barkov. Signing Radulov as a potential replacement to Jagr on that top line would be lethal. You don't pick up gamebreaking talents like him without giving up major assets. Look at his playoff stats in the KHL and in the NHL prior....not bad, especially when he was so young in many of those games.

We are in a unique situation of suddenly being an attractive place for guys like this, and a guy like him, plus an additional d-man could easily put this team over the top. I'd be careful in signing him, likely only giving a 2 year deal, but picking him up would be a major coup. Jagr being a step (or several) slow in the playoffs allowed the Isles to smother Barkov and Huberdeau. Putting Radulov with them would be a completely lethal line. Radulov is a goal scorer, but can also make plays. He would pair well with Bjugstad, or with guys like Barkov and Huberdeau (who wouldn't?) because he's balanced like Barkov is. Barkov can score or setup, just like Radulov. Huberdeau is obviously more of a playmaker, but the looks and balance they'd get together would give us a potential long-term option to fill that top-line spot. He's a legitimate first-liner and the impact that Jagr and the other veterans have in the locker room would surely provide enough balance in the event that Radulov still has some of these tendencies he had a few years ago. In addition, having Jagr around could potentially get even more production if he influenced Radulov in a positive way, keeping him grounded to a degree. I would assume a young Russian player likely looked up to the incredibly successful Jagr throughout his childhood.

It's exciting to have guys like this even consider us, with how it's been over the years trying to attract mediocre UFAs and ending up with jokers that are way overpaid (see Bolland). It marks a true transformation of the organization that has been long overdue. Where we are now reminds me of where Tampa was the year they lost to MTL first round before going on their run to the cup finals. They were young and learning how to play, and got embarrassed in the playoffs by a strong MTL team (obviously we played NYI close but gave up the series) before taking that next step. We're right there, and Radulov would be an incredible get for us.

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2016, 03:03 AM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Radulov...

Both JR and Keith Jones are so incredibly biased and anti-Radulov in that video. While that was a horrible game for him, and poor effort on a couple of those videos, to single him out for "lack of back checking" is absurd. Most of those plays where he was called out weren't close to being near his guy. Their D got torched, and they already had 2-3 guys back in good positioning, where Radulov should be floating high as a winger to protect against the point-men, especially if the D does their job in stopping the rush and potentially turning it back up ice to him.

You could use that sky-view to nitpick any given winger who is supposed to cover the d-man. It's not like PHX was coming back in odd-man situations where he needed to pick up an extra guy in just about any of those rushes. Just the same, you can pull up his KHL or NHL highlights next to that. Clearly, effort is the biggest question, but I would absolutely take a chance. If it doesn't work out, sink him like we're doing with Bolland. He'd go back to the KHL anyway if we didn't play him and probably be easier to cut from his deal than Bolland.

Old
04-27-2016, 03:06 AM
Jean Luc Discard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule96 View Post
text
Well, it remains to be seen if he has cleaned up his act but the stuff he pulled in NSH wasn't pretty. His behavior was just so sub-par what is expected from an NHL player and it's just difficult to imagine him coming back without no one being at least highly suspicious about his intentions regardless if his behavior has improved in the KHL. Radulov would be a goal scoring threat no doubt, especially in the playoffs, but he is also know to take a lot of unnecessary penalties.

Dunno about how Jagr would feel about being on the third line if he wants lots of ice time (the reason why he wanted out from NJD). Although, a 3rd line with Crouse, Bjugs and Jagr would be difficult to handle.

Since Hunt already signed the ELC and maybe Hulstrom also soon, being a wanted destination for FAs is intriguing and ppl are taking notice that things are in the upswing in south Florida.

Old
04-27-2016, 03:27 AM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Well, it remains to be seen if he has cleaned up his act but the stuff he pulled in NSH wasn't pretty. His behavior was just so sub-par what is expected from an NHL player and it's just difficult to imagine him coming back without no one being at least highly suspicious about his intentions regardless if his behavior has improved in the KHL. Radulov would be a goal scoring threat no doubt, especially in the playoffs, but he is also know to take a lot of unnecessary penalties.

Dunno about how Jagr would feel about being on the third line if he wants lots of ice time (the reason why he wanted out from NJD). Although, a 3rd line with Crouse, Bjugs and Jagr would be difficult to handle.

Since Hunt already signed the ELC and maybe Hulstrom also soon, being a wanted destination for FAs is intriguing and ppl are taking notice that things are in the upswing in south Florida.
Agreed. With how we roll our lines, I'm sure Jagr would still get plenty of opportunity, and I doubt they'd break up that line. More likely, Radulov would end up with a combination of Bjugs, Tro, Smith, Jokinen, etc. Jagr deteriorating by the end of the year and playoffs is highly concerning, but I still think he can be an impact 40-60 point guy. The problem is that when other teams get into that tight checking mode and try and lock down, he's much less impactful, since he can't wheel off the cycle as well as someone like Smith, or like the other two line mates due to decreased foot speed at his age. He can make up for that, as we saw, but he's not getting any faster, and will surely slow down with each passing year.

Radulov obviously thought he could pull stupid stuff from the start there, and sounded like he was into partying and having a good time. The precedent needs to be set from day 1 that all that will not be tolerated when things get serious. It may well be that he's somewhat past that phase, but you never know. That said, I can't imagine Radulov on this team going out on South Beach til 5AM and showing up with guys like Jagr there to hold him accountable. If he wants in on our ride (hopefully) to the top, as we're on the upswing, he's going to have to fall in line and buy in to the program.

Old
04-27-2016, 04:05 AM
FinlandPanther

Barkov can more than likely make up for Radulov's deficiencies in the D zone and let him do his thing. Huberdeau is no slouch either in the defensive zone now as well. That line would be lethal. Literally if one guy is free the other team is screwed.

Old
04-27-2016, 04:54 AM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokin View Post
Tallon wouldn't touch this guy, even on a 1 yr contract. Never gonna happen.
I wouldn't be so dismissive of it....there's obviously some smoke when there are reports now saying the "feeling is mutual." I doubt that's coming from the custodians or ushers around the organization. It makes a lot of sense on paper, and fits well into the next 2-3 years, while a lot of these young guys still aren't breaking the bank and are controlled on manageable deals.

It's also very hard to predict "Tallon-type guys." Sure, he loves tall centers with good two-way game, but he also has guys that you wouldn't expect from both here and in Chicago when you take a close look at the roster (Havlat as one example). With good structure and leadership, picking up Radulov could be a power move that puts us over the top.