HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Player of the Game & The Good, The Bad, The Redden: Game #56 @ Detroit Red Wings

View Poll Results: Player of the Game: Game #56 @ Detroit Red Wings
Sean Avery 57 57.00%
Martin Biron 8 8.00%
Brandon Dubinsky 3 3.00%
Matt Gilroy 1 1.00%
Dan Girardi 0 0%
Ryan McDonagh 24 24.00%
Michael Sauer 0 0%
Marc Staal 1 1.00%
Derek Stepan 1 1.00%
Wojtek Wolski 0 0%
Other 5 5.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-07-2011, 09:29 PM
NCRanger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSportsfan6230 View Post
How do we stop this board from going into suicide watch?

It's funny that I am trying to be the voice of reason! I am one of the least patient people on these boards.

You guys really need to take a breather, look at the big picture- we played a very good game against a very good team and we almost picked up the W. We play like this and more often then not we will win a lot of games.
I'm with you.

These last five games could have easily been wins.

They aren't getting blown out. They aren't getting outshot. They sure as heck aren't getting outplayed.

It's been a bad power play, coupled with some questionable goaltending, and some horrendous luck.

The question is, how is Tortorella going to respond to it?

NCRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 09:30 PM
NYR510

So infuriating.

FIX THE ****ING PP

maybe if we play gaborik on the correct side for once, we can kill two birds with one stone

NYR510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KotsyJr
49ERS/NYR/RAPS/JAYS

When do we play the Leafs, Isles, or Oilers again? I'm sure Gabby will pot one against them.

KotsyJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
We played a good game against a good team and were murdered by our lack of a competent power play and stupid lazy blunders. This game was really a microcosm of why we'll be hard-pressed to go anywhere in the future without getting Richards.
Our team obviously has flaws, I don't doubt that one bit, but they are very fixable with a few rental players.

I am sticking by the reasoning we played a great game except for our crappy powerplay.

As for everyone talking about Richards, we have to forget about him for now-he's not coming this year and we have to move forward, at least for now, with the mindset that he won't come at all.

02-07-2011, 09:31 PM
babyshamble

The good: Avery, the effort

The bad:
-the 3-1 goal. Get that puck out of the zone, bad pass by Gilroy even worse by EC. You have to be strong on the puck on the bluelines. We can`t afford to turn the puck over in our own zone. Bad rebound by Biron aswell.
- Shooting straight at Howard every time. We made it to easy for him, not enough trafic.
- The power-play. Nothing works, there is no chemistry what so ever. Our point guys take shots from bad angles and it always ends up being blocked. Why not try to set it up down low ?

The Redden:
-Marian Gaborik. Whatever is up with him, he needs to get over it. He isn`t even trying anymore.

With that being said I think we played a good game. And I think people are overreacting because of the result, but what else is new.

babyshamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 09:32 PM
Machinehead
Hanta Yo

The main question I have for the Richars proponents is this...

WTF is a premier setup man going to do on the worst finishing team in the league???

Setup great chances so we'll score twice on 67 shots instead of twice on 47 shots?

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Pronger is a huge asset but the center piece of that team is their three great centers, all Flyers products. Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and Lidstrom. Toews, Kane and Keith. Malkin and Crosby.The Sedins and Kesler. All of the champions and top contenders in this league have homegrown stars, and obtain final/complementary pieces. We do it the other way around and it's become apparent to me that it's not working.
And we're not a ****** enough team to get a player like that (sans the Wings, who built their successful core when European scouting was a foreign concept.) We're a good team who is too good to draft the type of player to push us over the top and not good enough to contend.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Provolone*

I think i caugt a VS. graphic out of the corner of my eye, Rangers are 1-40 in their last 12 away games on the powerplay. Really??

Provolone* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Janerixon

Quote:
I give him the benefit of the doubt right now.

There are some bad seasons for every good player (see Ovechkin this year where he isn't scoring like he used to). If Gabs comes back next year and is the same way then I will let everyone bash on him all they want. For now I think he is still tenative.

I understand the argument that he is supposed to carrying us but I think it's just one of those seasons that all players have. Jeter will have a great year this year after a terrible year last year, Gaborik will be the same.
I am not calling for him to be traded, I am not saying send him to the minors. He needs to sit a game. That is first and foremost, then he has to earn PP time. He doesn't just get it, not with those lazy passes he was making and the lack of hustle that killed us.

I know he is struggling, but suddenly Torts doesn't bench players anymore? He lets players that are struggling get PP time? Are you kidding me? I didn't know Tom Renney was the coach again! And the fact that they had a fun 3-3 practice and he is keeping things light? We lost 4 in a row, now 5. He better get this team going or he will be without a job.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 09:33 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
The main question I have for the Richars proponents is this...

WTF is a premier setup man going to do on the worst finishing team in the league???

Setup great chances so we'll score twice on 67 shots instead of twice on 47 shots?
Richards QBs the PP and will set up a great finisher in Gaborik (at least last years Gaborik.)

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 09:34 PM
DoTheBlue
Great Expectations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
Dude do you even watch the games? Avery had 6 shots on goal, created plays, actually hit players, dumped and chased, made a beautiful play on the back check to deflect a pass that would have been an easy goal, and drew 2 penalties.

I am getting tired of your hate for players you don't like. Avery was by far one of if not our best forwards.
Nonsense: Shots on goal mean crap when you can't score. He has a shooting percentage of 2%. Throwing that pass to Dubi wasn't even the correct play to make. He should of shot but he knows he sucks so he tried to force a pass and got lucky. Getting high sticked is not drawing penalties. Those are usually just accidents. Avery's game was better tonight than it has been but asking if someone watched the game because he disagreed with your assessment of Avery is a bit of a stretch in this instance.

DoTheBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 09:35 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
You're missing an important distinction. Jeter is a Yankee; the epitome of winning. Gaborik is a Ranger; the epitome of failure.
Bro, just relax for a little while.

If you want to hate on Gaborik then that's fine, but you have to stick to your guns. If I see you cheering for Gaborik when he is playing well again then I am calling you out on it and you can be damn sure of that.

All these damn bi-polar fans need to relax, Gaborik doens't just crap the bed in one season, the man has a history of putting up numbers, this one season is a deviation from the mean. Relax.

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Machinehead
Hanta Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Richards QBs the PP and will set up a great finisher in Gaborik (at least last years Gaborik.)
Richards is a phenomenal passer. We already pass too ****in much. To me more passing compounds the problem. This team needs a sniper, not a disher. Either we gotta go get a sniper or just sit tight and hope Gabby has a better year in 2012.

Old
Jackson Ranger

Good - Zucc, Avery. It seems like this team doesn't want the lead...
Bad - Torts. Same old, same old. Can we change up the PP a little? I was telling my wife on Saturday the PP needs to get the puck low because it seems all the teams know the Rangers are trying to feed the point. Olcyczk was able to read this after two periods. I guess they are going to stay with this strategy until they score.
Redden - Gaborik. If he isn't hurt he should be ashamed for tonight's effort.

Jackson Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Provolone View Post
I think i caugt a VS. graphic out of the corner of my eye, Rangers are 1-40 in their last 12 away games on the powerplay. Really??
Yes that is correct. I will be shocked and I mean shocked if Sather doesn't make a trade before the Atlanta game. This team can correct it's issues, but everyone here is too comfortable. Staal was starting to shoot on the PP and Jack*** Torts takes him off the last 5-3 to put gabby back there?

I am expecting us to add someone who has a blast from the point, I just pray it isn't Souray.

Old
02-07-2011, 09:36 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Richards is a phenomenal passer. We already pass too ****in much. To me more passing compounds the problem. This team needs a sniper, not a disher.
He's also an awesome power play qb

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 09:37 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Brolov View Post
This team is pathetic. We need to get rid of players like Gaborik. We don't need Prospal or Gaborik. Keep Wolski. Stay with the youth. Gaborik needs a center to play with. We don't need players like that.

EXACTLY.

Its a waste of time and money, players that NEED other types of players to be successful.

Gaborik is being paid to make other players better, not to loaf around and make excuses.

And where's the accountability? Everybody else on the roster needs to fight for their position, but Gaborik is special?

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 09:37 PM
Machinehead
Hanta Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
He's also an awesome power play qb
Again, with his passing, not his shooting. We already pass too much on the powerplay. I don't get how you solve that by bringing in a guy who's main asset is passing.

Old
02-07-2011, 09:38 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
I am not calling for him to be traded, I am not saying send him to the minors. He needs to sit a game. That is first and foremost, then he has to earn PP time. He doesn't just get it, not with those lazy passes he was making and the lack of hustle that killed us.

I know he is struggling, but suddenly Torts doesn't bench players anymore? He lets players that are struggling get PP time? Are you kidding me? I didn't know Tom Renney was the coach again! And the fact that they had a fun 3-3 practice and he is keeping things light? We lost 4 in a row, now 5. He better get this team going or he will be without a job.
That's fine, sit him for a game but some people that are saying he sucks is completely preposterous. There is no logic in that argument. Again, he isn't going to just fall of the horse so quickly in one season, he is having a bad year to all those people calling him out.

When MY BOY Gabs is lighting it up agian next year there better be a lot of people on here eating crow. I am sticking by him because he is a great player and he IS A RANGER, support your own, don't hate.

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 09:39 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Some quick tidbits...

AGrossRecord Andrew Gross
Marian Gaborik on faltering PP: "We just have to make simple plays and shoot the puck."
1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Avery needed about four stitches after the game in the middle of his top lip.
3 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Marc Staal: 3-2 loss to Red Wings, 2-0 loss to Canadiens, PP bad in both games: "Yeah, it's more of the same."
4 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

stevezipay Steve Zipay
Torts said he did not consider pulling Biron earlier than with 1:13 left
42 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply

NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 09:40 PM
TrollololBoyle

Quote:
That's fine, sit him for a game but some people that are saying he sucks is completely preposterous. There is no logic in that argument. Again, he isn't going to just fall of the horse so quickly in one season, he is having a bad year to all those people calling him out.

When MY BOY Gabs is lighting it up agian next year there better be a lot of people on here eating crow. I am sticking by him because he is a great player and he IS A RANGER, support your own, don't hate.
Thank you! A sane person!

TrollololBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 09:40 PM
Marc Staal

Gilroy and MDZ pairing is an absolute nightmare.

Scratch one of them and dress Eminger. Gilroy ****ing sucks. I can't believe theres some people who thinks he's even remotley okay.

Im not in panic mode yet like a lot of people. Relax. Teams go into slumps and this team doesn't have that much talent to begin with. And did I read my TV right? 1/40 on the PP in the last 40? jeezz....

Marc Staal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 09:41 PM
Dorado*

News flash , and Ive been thinking this all along the Amazing vaclav , fluky goal aside the other night looks pretty arthritic and feeble at times . watch the tape of him late to the boards stick in the air then hobbling from behind to get back in the game . he was a good soldier but i rahter have someone else he's finsihed as well Im sorry I dont see him being a differeance maker now or down the stretch and thats no knock on him but a player deemed to slow a few years ago is now real slow . Last hope i feel for Gaborik is to put Dubinsky back at center and let Avery paly left wing , he was flying , even though he been stone hands so has everyone else

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 09:41 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoTheBlue View Post
Nonsense: Shots on goal mean crap when you can't score. He has a shooting percentage of 2%. Throwing that pass to Dubi wasn't even the correct play to make. He should of shot but he knows he sucks so he tried to force a pass and got lucky. Getting high sticked is not drawing penalties. Those are usually just accidents. Avery's game was better tonight than it has been but asking if someone watched the game because he disagreed with your assessment of Avery is a bit of a stretch in this instance.
SOG mean nothing eh? 6 scoring chances mean nothing? 6 chances to beat the goalie? 6 chances for a rebound? Maybe you want a team that just passes to each other, but I cannot complain if you SHOOt and it is On net, something many players here can't do.

Dude wraparounds complained in the game thread and in this thread how Avery did nothing. Avery was one of our best players tonight, period. I don't care if you don't like my post, don't read it. Avery and McDonagh were the 2 best players for us tonight. He said Avery didn't cycle the puck, obviously he wasn't paying attention because that is exactly what avery did. Avery was physical and went to the net, something I cannot say about most of this team.

I am not an Avery fanatic, he has good and bad games, I call them like i see them. And yes I think he was not watching the game tonight because Avery did all of the things he is claiming he didn't do.

Old
02-07-2011, 09:43 PM
TheGrapesOfMcIlrath
Gooey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
EXACTLY.

Its a waste of time and money, players that NEED other types of players to be successful.

Gaborik is being paid to make other players better, not to loaf around and make excuses.

And where's the accountability? Everybody else on the roster needs to fight for their position, but Gaborik is special?
Gaborik needs a setup man. Nothing in his history has shown that he creates chances all on his own. He's a sniper, not a playmaker.

I'm as angry at him as everyone else for the lack of effort, but expecting him to be something he's not, and has never been, is ridiculous.

He's paid to score alot of goals when he gets open shots, not to make others better.

TheGrapesOfMcIlrath is offline   Reply With Quote