HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

The Jersey Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-12-2011, 09:38 AM
  #51
gocbj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 334
vCash: 500
no, it was from last year (last game) and it is the white one. They gave away both white and blue at the last game. - - so probably not really even off of his back (because I think we wore Blue) - - but... you get the point.

gocbj is offline  
Old
02-12-2011, 10:36 AM
  #52
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/
 
Mayor Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 14,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gocbj View Post
Ok, here is everything - - looking at them all, my favorites are probably Umberger, Nash All Star Atlanta, Jason Williams, and it just feels cool to wear a Rangers Jersey with the Statue of Liberty on it - although with a Canadian's name on it...???)

Umberger first ever CBJ Playoff goal scored wearing it (I was at the Joe too)
Nash Atlanta All Start Game Hat-trick (I was at the game)
Authentic Odelein Blue (first season)
Authentic Odelein White (first season)
Hrdina (Jersey off their back)
Sestito (Jersey off their back)
Jason Williams white game worn (Dads will understand – my oldest daughter’s favorite player)
Brassard – White playoff issued
Mirasty – Blue pre-season game worn
Boll – white game worn
Nash – the old 3rd Jersey autographed by the team (back when they had the deal where you walk around in club level getting autographs)
Nash Authentic London Knights (A)
Nash Team Canada 2010 White
Nash Team Canada Red
Nash first All Star Game Green (some special edition I guess…numbered 2 of 61) – maybe Authentic
Boll Green Whalers Authentic
Keith Tkachuk Authentic Team USA Jersey
Zherdev Russia jersey
Cleveland Lumberjacks Authentic Jersey
Cincinnati Cyclones Authentic Jersey
Gretzky Authentic Orange All Star Jersey
Messier Blue Rangers (c) Authentic SOL
Gretzky White Rangers Authentic SOL
Shelley Game Worn Rangers (signed)
Shelley Blue CBJ Jersey (just off the rack I think)
Funny thing is that the two bolded ones are the most difficult to acquire.

Mayor Bee is offline  
Old
02-12-2011, 11:35 AM
  #53
postalpez
Registered User
 
postalpez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
Very nice collection gocbj.

Is the Sestito (Jersey off their back) the new 3rd? If so could you post a photo of the team set tag?
this is the tag from Antoine Vermette's 3rd.
Since i had a few pms about it I might sell.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/59436335@N03/5438619583/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/59436335@N03/5438606215/


Last edited by postalpez: 02-12-2011 at 12:17 PM.
postalpez is offline  
Old
02-12-2011, 11:50 AM
  #54
SuperGenius
Moderator
For Duty & Humanity!
 
SuperGenius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,549
vCash: 1138
Quote:
Originally Posted by gocbj View Post
no, it was from last year (last game) and it is the white one. They gave away both white and blue at the last game. - - so probably not really even off of his back (because I think we wore Blue) - - but... you get the point.
Very nice, gocbj. Great stuff. You certainly seem to have the jersey off their back contest figured out! I'd like to win just once!

__________________
--
"Good night, good hockey...good riddance to the Columbus cannon that makes your ears bleed." - @BroadStBull (Sam Carchidi, Flyers beat reporter)
SuperGenius is offline  
Old
02-12-2011, 11:52 AM
  #55
SuperGenius
Moderator
For Duty & Humanity!
 
SuperGenius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,549
vCash: 1138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Funny thing is that the two bolded ones are the most difficult to acquire.
I'd certainly agree with that. I'm relatively new at actively collecting this stuff, but one of the first things I did was to try to find minor or junior jerseys for some of mine and my gf's favorite players.

Thanks to this thread, and Pata93, though, a nice Halifax Voracek is on its way to my house! :^)

SuperGenius is offline  
Old
02-12-2011, 01:04 PM
  #56
gocbj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Funny thing is that the two bolded ones are the most difficult to acquire.
interesting...

I bought the Knights jersey on eBay, and bought the Whalers jersey in Plymouth (I was doing some consulting work up there)

gocbj is offline  
Old
02-12-2011, 01:06 PM
  #57
gocbj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wooten View Post
Very nice, gocbj. Great stuff. You certainly seem to have the jersey off their back contest figured out! I'd like to win just once!
The Hrdina one was a few years ago. We caught a t-shirt and the "you win" tag was inside.

The Sestito thing is a contest as I recall - - $10 per ticket maybe??

gocbj is offline  
Old
02-12-2011, 01:08 PM
  #58
gocbj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by postalpez View Post
this is the tag from Antoine Vermette's 3rd.
Since i had a few pms about it I might sell.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/59436335@N03/5438619583/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/59436335@N03/5438606215/
where are you guys getting these new game worn 3rd jerseys????

gocbj is offline  
Old
02-12-2011, 01:12 PM
  #59
SuperGenius
Moderator
For Duty & Humanity!
 
SuperGenius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,549
vCash: 1138
Quote:
Originally Posted by gocbj View Post
where are you guys getting these new game worn 3rd jerseys????
I'm guessing the jersey off their backs raffle they ran new year's eve. That's the only set made available. Interesting it says set 2 though.

I've asked about availability of the third or home/away primary but no information is available. If I hear anything, Ill post here.

SuperGenius is offline  
Old
02-12-2011, 01:28 PM
  #60
postalpez
Registered User
 
postalpez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gocbj View Post
where are you guys getting these new game worn 3rd jerseys????
I made a joke offer to someone who won and they said yes to it.

postalpez is offline  
Old
02-12-2011, 01:37 PM
  #61
postalpez
Registered User
 
postalpez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wooten View Post
Interesting it says set 2 though.
Is the nhl premier set1?

postalpez is offline  
Old
02-12-2011, 03:37 PM
  #62
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman
 
1857 Howitzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 5,052
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by postalpez View Post
this is the tag from Antoine Vermette's 3rd.
Since i had a few pms about it I might sell.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/59436335@N03/5438619583/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/59436335@N03/5438606215/
Thanks for the pics, it is very interesting that they were set 2. Maybe set 1 will be for sell a some point since I would guess that set 3 will be given away at the last game of the year.

1857 Howitzer is offline  
Old
02-12-2011, 04:18 PM
  #63
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ
 
Gagnefan924's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,056
vCash: 500
We dont have a thread for this but just wondering, does anyone have any game used sticks?

Gagnefan924 is offline  
Old
02-12-2011, 04:29 PM
  #64
99 CBJ
Registered User
 
99 CBJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 229
vCash: 500
We bought a Stralman stick a couple of weeks ago at the game for 75$. My son has scored more goals with it the last 3 games (5) than Stralman has scored all year.

99 CBJ is offline  
Old
02-12-2011, 05:08 PM
  #65
brianhatesu
Registered User
 
brianhatesu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Dayton
Country: United States
Posts: 507
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to brianhatesu
My game worn collection:

Guskov Team Russia Jersey-dark (came over for a training camp a couple years ago)
Denis Hersey Bears Jersey-dark
Westcott Crunch-white
Walser Crunch Warm-up
Picard Practice Jersey-Blue
Walser Practice Jersey-Red
Spacek Panthers Jersey-White
Kallio Thrashers jersey-White
Mozyakin CSKA-Dark
Pirjeta Jackets-Dark
Kelsa 2002-03Jackets White
Vyborny Sparta Red
Nedorost Jackets-3rd

Sticks-2 Denis, Brule, Walser, Vyborny

brianhatesu is offline  
Old
02-12-2011, 10:08 PM
  #66
CBJfan28
Registered User
 
CBJfan28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Reynoldsburg
Country: United States
Posts: 43
vCash: 500
Here's MY collection, all game/practice-used:

Johansen powder blue jersey, development camp



Moore, green jersey, development camp



My Russian collection:
Filatov, autographed

Mayorov

And my signature Plekhanov jersey that I wear to most games!


Klesla training camp



Clitsome development camp



Clay Wilson, game used (was ORIGINALLY Joel Bouchard's 07-08 jersey, name plate changed for Wilson)


As for game used sticks:
-Mason's stick (the TPS) from when he was called up his first season, got it autographed after he won the Calder!
-Rusty Klesla
-Chris Russell
-Ole Tristian Tollefsen
-Jason Chimera
-Raffi Torres
-Jake Voracek (first training camp)
-Gilbert Brule
-Freddy Norena

I got all the sticks except the Norena and Brule autographed. I also have a pair of Brassard and a pair of Boll game used gloves.


Last edited by CBJfan28: 02-13-2011 at 06:53 AM.
CBJfan28 is offline  
Old
02-13-2011, 02:19 PM
  #67
FreeBoomer61
Registered User
 
FreeBoomer61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 376
vCash: 500
for those of you that have won the jersey off our backs contests over the years, what would you say the best way to go about winning it is?

FreeBoomer61 is offline  
Old
02-13-2011, 03:14 PM
  #68
postalpez
Registered User
 
postalpez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBoomer61 View Post
for those of you that have won the jersey off our backs contests over the years, what would you say the best way to go about winning it is?
I have won 4 out of 6 times i have entered. I just put about $150 in the main box. its the one they pick the most winners from. who you get is random.

postalpez is offline  
Old
02-13-2011, 06:13 PM
  #69
gocbj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by postalpez View Post
I have won 4 out of 6 times i have entered. I just put about $150 in the main box. its the one they pick the most winners from. who you get is random.
...yep, what he said. I forget now, but someone told me the number of entries they usually have and I just bought myself into a coin-flip chance. I think it was about $300.

BUT, I think the end of last year was the first year they gave away 2 sets (both white and blue)...correct?

gocbj is offline  
Old
02-13-2011, 06:18 PM
  #70
Shelley#45
Registered User
 
Shelley#45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJfan28 View Post
Here's MY collection, all game/practice-used:

Johansen powder blue jersey, development camp


One of my favorites by far

Shelley#45 is offline  
Old
02-13-2011, 06:23 PM
  #71
postalpez
Registered User
 
postalpez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gocbj View Post
...yep, what he said. I forget now, but someone told me the number of entries they usually have and I just bought myself into a coin-flip chance. I think it was about $300.

BUT, I think the end of last year was the first year they gave away 2 sets (both white and blue)...correct?
I got dubies road one 2 years back. so they have been giving them away at least that long, before that I just sent the ex so i could watch the end of the game,you miss the 3rd if you win.

postalpez is offline  
Old
02-13-2011, 07:53 PM
  #72
FreeBoomer61
Registered User
 
FreeBoomer61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 376
vCash: 500
so how much would you guys say i should put in in order to have a decent shot at winning?

FreeBoomer61 is offline  
Old
02-14-2011, 01:03 AM
  #73
SuperGenius
Moderator
For Duty & Humanity!
 
SuperGenius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,549
vCash: 1138
FYI, the Nash 2004 ASG replica in the first post is available for sale if anyone is interested. I found an authentic and intend to get it lettered as a Nash. This one was really too big for me anyway and was only worn three times. It's an XXL. The correct size team patch is already sewn on. PM if interested.

SuperGenius is offline  
Old
02-14-2011, 06:42 AM
  #74
gocbj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBoomer61 View Post
so how much would you guys say i should put in in order to have a decent shot at winning?
Less than what you would pay to buy a game worn. Maybe $250 to be safe.

gocbj is offline  
Old
02-14-2011, 10:44 AM
  #75
pelts35.com
Registered User
 
pelts35.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 11,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gocbj View Post
Ok, here is everything - - looking at them all, my favorites are probably Umberger, Nash All Star Atlanta, Jason Williams, and it just feels cool to wear a Rangers Jersey with the Statue of Liberty on it - although with a Canadian's name on it...???)

Umberger first ever CBJ Playoff goal scored wearing it (I was at the Joe too)
Nash Atlanta All Start Game Hat-trick (I was at the game)
Authentic Odelein Blue (first season)
Authentic Odelein White (first season)
Hrdina (Jersey off their back)
Sestito (Jersey off their back)
Jason Williams white game worn (Dads will understand – my oldest daughter’s favorite player)
Brassard – White playoff issued
Mirasty – Blue pre-season game worn
Boll – white game worn
Nash – the old 3rd Jersey autographed by the team (back when they had the deal where you walk around in club level getting autographs)
Nash Authentic London Knights (A)
Nash Team Canada 2010 White
Nash Team Canada Red
Nash first All Star Game Green (some special edition I guess…numbered 2 of 61) – maybe Authentic
Boll Green Whalers Authentic
Keith Tkachuk Authentic Team USA Jersey
Zherdev Russia jersey
Cleveland Lumberjacks Authentic Jersey
Cincinnati Cyclones Authentic Jersey
Gretzky Authentic Orange All Star Jersey
Messier Blue Rangers (c) Authentic SOL
Gretzky White Rangers Authentic SOL
Shelley Game Worn Rangers (signed)
Shelley Blue CBJ Jersey (just off the rack I think)
Definitely a nice collection there.

The LeNeveu jerseys are the only CBJ jerseys I have in my collection, but I do have about 80 game-worns.

pelts35.com is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:09 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.