HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Jersey Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-03-2011, 11:48 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 1138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
I've seen that O'Brassard one on eBay selling for 1 grand. Is that yours?
I got it from that guy. For far less than his asking price. Goes to show that when something has "or best offer" it never hurts to throw something out there.

Old
03-04-2011, 06:51 AM
kshymkiw

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to kshymkiw
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirsi View Post
hey i have seen you around. unless someone else has the same jersey.
I doubt it. I actually got him to sign it at the STH Appreciation Event.

Old
03-04-2011, 10:43 AM
plong123
Litebrite Stinger

40% off NHL Apparel at Reebok

Reebok is taking 40% off NHL Apparel with coupon code FAN40 [Exp 3/31]. Standard shipping is $5; free shipping and returns on $79+. CBJ home Premiere Jersey is $115 - 40% off code = $69 + tax. with free shipping!

Best deal of the year on CBJ jerseys. And they have a couple of hats and t-shirts as well.

http://www.reebok.com:80/US/search?f..._blue_jackets/

I wish I needed a new blank home jersey right now! Gotta save up for season ticket renewal. If I spent $ on this, the boss would kill me LOL

Old
03-05-2011, 02:45 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

btw, if anyone's interested, the Kris Russell game worn team canada is available. PM me.

Old
03-05-2011, 04:19 PM
Pata93

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooten View Post
btw, if anyone's interested, the Kris Russell game worn team canada is available. PM me.

I know a huge Russell collector, I'll ask him if he could use it.

Old
03-05-2011, 04:32 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
I got it from that guy. For far less than his asking price. Goes to show that when something has "or best offer" it never hurts to throw something out there.
Curious to how much it was, if you dont mind me asking.

Old
03-06-2011, 08:15 PM
BlueJackets39

Send a message via AIM to BlueJackets39
Just out of curiosity, are we using the same lettering style as we did in year one? I'm pretty sure we are, but I'm trying to get a Kevyn Adams jersey done and my only option is the Blueline Store. Just wanted to make sure it's exact.

Old
03-06-2011, 09:09 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJackets39 View Post
Just out of curiosity, are we using the same lettering style as we did in year one? I'm pretty sure we are, but I'm trying to get a Kevyn Adams jersey done and my only option is the Blueline Store. Just wanted to make sure it's exact.
Yes, other then the new 3rds the lettering has been the same.

Old
03-06-2011, 09:41 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
No.

The first-year letters were the same, but the numbers were shorter and fatter than they've been ever since. At first glance it seems the same, but a side-by-side comparison is really noticeable.

Unfortunately, since first-year jerseys are so difficult to come by, you'd have to find original gamers from then and basically piece the correct numbers together.

Give me about 10 minutes (updating the magic numbers) and I'll find a couple.

Old
03-06-2011, 09:42 PM
BlueJackets39

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
Yes, other then the new 3rds the lettering has been the same.
Great, thanks. I'm super jealous of all of these jerseys. I only have two (current third- blank and current road-customized with my name). Hope to get into the "game-worn game" soon.

Old
03-06-2011, 09:44 PM
BlueJackets39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
No.

The first-year letters were the same, but the numbers were shorter and fatter than they've been ever since. At first glance it seems the same, but a side-by-side comparison is really noticeable.

Unfortunately, since first-year jerseys are so difficult to come by, you'd have to find original gamers from then and basically piece the correct numbers together.
Wow, ok, thanks Bee. Sounds like I've cut out a bit of work for myself.

Old
03-06-2011, 09:49 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Quote:
No.

I was thinking the same thing, but not limited to the first year. I was thinking they were shorter and fatter until the edge jerseys, with lettering being the same.

sleeve seem more similar in these pics:

Last edited by SuperGenius: 03-06-2011 at 09:54 PM.
Old
03-06-2011, 09:53 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing, but not limited to the first year. I was thinking they were shorter and fatter until the edge jerseys, with lettering being the same.

If I remember, that one was auctioned as a GI rather than a GU/GW. Two things stand out. The first is that Nash has always worn a size 58, not a 56. The second is that the Jackets have always used a single zigzag stitch instead of a dual zigzag.

That one may have been a promotional jersey, but barring a photomatch to that exact number style from either 2005-06 or 2006-07, I'd say it stood no chance of seeing the ice.

Old
03-06-2011, 09:57 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Wow, ok, thanks Bee. Sounds like I've cut out a bit of work for myself.
Okay, here are a couple. Obviously, it's a Chris Nielsen and a Jean-Luc Grand-Pierre, both from the first season.

The last is a Luke Richardson, just to show a comparison between the 2's.

Old
03-06-2011, 09:58 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Quote:
If I remember, that one was auctioned as a GI rather than a GU/GW. Two things stand out. The first is that Nash has always worn a size 58, not a 56. The second is that the Jackets have always used a single zigzag stitch instead of a dual zigzag.

That one may have been a promotional jersey, but barring a photomatch to that exact number style from either 2005-06 or 2006-07, I'd say it stood no chance of seeing the ice.
That was a game issued. here's an on ice photo from 2004 that backs you up:

Old
03-06-2011, 10:02 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Quote:
Okay, here are a couple. Obviously, it's a Chris Nielsen and a Jean-Luc Grand-Pierre, both from the first season.
Another reason to try for a first season gamer sometime, even if I do hate the darn bug. Great information, Mayor.

Old
03-06-2011, 10:36 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Another reason to try for a first season gamer sometime, even if I do hate the darn bug. Great information, Mayor.
If you're looking to get one for cheap, consider the following.

Pros - Not many name players (Dineen, Tugnutt, Sanderson, Odelein) and a lot of journeymen.

Cons - A lot of jerseys were recycled through the enormous numbers of transactions, so there's an artificially restricted supply. Also, being a first-year jersey with the patch to reflect it makes it more desirable to collectors who otherwise wouldn't have an interest.

Wild card - FMI ran the retail operations the first year, and they were too busy charging $150 for a Frantisek Kucera stick blade (not stick, just blade) to know how to handle jerseys. The supply is extremely low; I think I've seen a grand total of five first-year jerseys (two that I just posted, a Tyler Wright, a Serge Aubin, and a Kevin Dineen). And now that I think about it, I don't know that I've ever seen a blue one.

Old
03-06-2011, 10:41 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Quote:
If you're looking to get one for cheap, consider the following.

Pros - Not many name players (Dineen, Tugnutt, Sanderson, Odelein) and a lot of journeymen.

Cons - A lot of jerseys were recycled through the enormous numbers of transactions, so there's an artificially restricted supply. Also, being a first-year jersey with the patch to reflect it makes it more desirable to collectors who otherwise wouldn't have an interest.

Wild card - FMI ran the retail operations the first year, and they were too busy charging $150 for a Frantisek Kucera stick blade (not stick, just blade) to know how to handle jerseys. The supply is extremely low; I think I've seen a grand total of five first-year jerseys (two that I just posted, a Tyler Wright, a Serge Aubin, and a Kevin Dineen). And now that I think about it, I don't know that I've ever seen a blue one.
Thanks. Good to know this this going in should I see one pop up. Thank goodness they seem to be handling the jerseys very well nowadays. although I'm getting sick of looking at the Stockholm premiere ones every game :^)

Old
03-06-2011, 11:47 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Speaking of subtle differences and such, can someone recall with certainty that the only game worn jersey with stinger on the shoulders in 2003-04 was an away jersey and that the new jerseys and thirds were introduced the second game (first home game)? I presume that a set 1 away from that year was worn for at most 1-3 games if set 1's were worn in preseason?

Old
03-07-2011, 12:07 AM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Where do you guys usually find these jerseys? I saw a Moore All Star one on ebay. Its the Springfield jersey he wore in the Super skills. Their is also his gloves in a different auction.

Old
03-07-2011, 08:17 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
No.

Give me about 10 minutes (updating the magic numbers) and I'll find a couple.
Thanks for the info.

Old
03-10-2011, 01:06 PM
Heinze 57

vCash: 50
What do you guys think about putting Umberger on a jersey? I know he's signed for next year, but is there a strong likelihood that he resigns after that?

I don't want to go through the same situation that I did with my Vyborny jersey. I bought his jersey, wore it for one year, and then he bolted for Europe. I'd like to get a guy who's going to stick around for the foreseeable future. I should probably take the safe bet and go with Nash, but there's already SO many Nash jerseys at the Arena.

Last edited by Heinze 57: 03-10-2011 at 01:14 PM.
Old
03-10-2011, 01:50 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinze 57 View Post
What do you guys think about putting Umberger on a jersey? I know he's signed for next year, but is there a strong likelihood that he resigns after that?

I don't want to go through the same situation that I did with my Vyborny jersey. I bought his jersey, wore it for one year, and then he bolted for Europe. I'd like to get a guy who's going to stick around for the foreseeable future. I should probably take the safe bet and go with Nash, but there's already SO many Nash jerseys at the Arena.
Go for it, you can always have it changed if you wanted to.

Old
03-10-2011, 02:46 PM
Heinze 57

vCash: 50
But can you? I'm paying for the sewn-on on a replica, won't that leave noticeable stitch marks?

Old
03-10-2011, 03:03 PM
FreeBoomer61

do it! im hopefully picking up my umberger jersey tomorrow night at the game. it takes a while tho to get it personalized. mines already more than a week late, so im real antsy to pick it up already!

Closed Thread