HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Colorado-Florida

Old
02-08-2011, 09:39 AM
AvsGuy

vCash: 500
Colorado-Florida

To Colorado:
Tomas Vokoun, Steve Bernier, Bryan Allen

To Florida:
Ryan Stoa, Peter Budaj, Kyle Quincey, Conditional pick (1st round pick if Vokoun re-signs, 2nd round pick if not)

AvsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 09:53 AM
ShootIt

Switch Budaj to Craig Anderson and then I would do that.

ShootIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 10:01 AM
electricjib

No from an Avs fan. Take out the first round pick if he re-signs. Actually don't even make this trade...WE'RE REBUILDING

electricjib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 10:15 AM
Mase

Stoa and the pick(a 1st outright would be ideal, but the conditional status is understandable) are the major returns for The Panthers. I understand that Quincey is a tough customer and is a throw-in for Allen, but I'm not too sure where he fits in on The Panthers. If I had the choice(which I obviously don't, lol) I'd rather take a 3rd for Allen instead, If I'm Tallon.

Mase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 11:03 AM
ManOnTheMoon
Hejdas Gonna Hejd

Big no to Bernier. I don't like his game at all.

And I don't know if we should give up on Stoa yet. He's looked really good this year. It might all be coming together for him. With our question marks at LW, I think it might be prudent to keep him around for the time being.

ManOnTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 02:59 PM
AvsGuy

I'm not huge on either Bernier or Allen, I just think they might be better than some of our current roster. Well, Allen would anyways. Basically the trade is constructed around getting and keeping Vokoun, without costing either team any huge pieces.

Old
02-08-2011, 03:33 PM
thedoctor
                    

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsGuy View Post
To Colorado:

To Florida:
Ryan Stoa, Peter Budaj, Kyle Quincey, Conditional pick (1st round pick if Vokoun re-signs, 2nd round pick if not)
Take out Bernier and Quincey and I'd do it from the Avs perspective. Swap Andy with Budaj if desired.

thedoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 04:03 PM
Zih
Dater's Gonna Hate

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsGuy View Post
To Colorado:

To Florida:
Whoa dude, that'll be a top 10 pick. If we really want Vokoun, why not just make a push for him over the summer? It's not like he'll be the savior of this season. Other than that, Budaj has no value (and is UFA this summer anyways), Stoa's value is draining fast, Quincey has some potential but has been struggling and had a major injury.

I really just don't see the point to this trade. I confess I haven't seen Steve Bernier at all, but his stats look thoroughly unimpressive. Bryan Allen I don't know very well, but on the face of it he looks like a guy the Avs might need. So if he's who we're really targeting, why throw in a whole lot of stuff on the periphery?

Zih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 04:08 PM
Freudian
Deja vu again?

vCash: 804
Too big deal with too many players that don't fit the needs of the teams.

Basically Andy+Stoa for Vokoun makes a lot more sense than this.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 04:21 PM
AvsGuy

I guess I don't see our pick being a top 10 this year; I'm still holding out hope for the playoffs. In which case, we should at least make somewhat of a push to acquire someone that would help.

Old
02-08-2011, 06:19 PM
Pure

How about something around Bryan Allen for something? We're rebuilding so trading a first should be out of the question.

Pure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 06:32 PM
shadow1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zih View Post
Whoa dude, that'll be a top 10 pick. If we really want Vokoun, why not just make a push for him over the summer? It's not like he'll be the savior of this season. Other than that, Budaj has no value (and is UFA this summer anyways), Stoa's value is draining fast, Quincey has some potential but has been struggling and had a major injury.

I really just don't see the point to this trade. I confess I haven't seen Steve Bernier at all, but his stats look thoroughly unimpressive. Bryan Allen I don't know very well, but on the face of it he looks like a guy the Avs might need. So if he's who we're really targeting, why throw in a whole lot of stuff on the periphery?
It wouldn't be a top 10 pick if the Avalanche got Allen and Vokoun in their line-up.

---

I'd much rather the Avalanche go after a young goalie like Mason as a opposed to Vokoun, but I can't say I dislike this deal. The Avalanche give up just enough that I think they benefit from the deal without giving up significant parts of the future.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote