HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Boston interested in Tomas Kaberle

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-08-2011, 11:04 AM
  #51
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time
 
Tim Vezina Thomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylbot View Post
Nothing of value? He won't be dealt then.
Pretty much my point.

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 11:04 AM
  #52
MoreMogilny
Cap'n
 
MoreMogilny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Oshawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas View Post
Ugh, I still think Wheeler could be a legit top six guy but if the leafs offered Wheeler for Kaberle it would be so hard not to accept. Kaberle is worth far more than Wheeler.

Would never happen though.
I could see Wheeler and perhaps a pick happening (a 2nd perhaps, but i think it could be lower).

Too many Leaf fans are expecting the world as a return for Kaberle, he simply isn't going to fetch much as a UFA to be.

MoreMogilny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 11:04 AM
  #53
Retsmra2010*
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Why would we work under that assumption, so Toronto can get more back in a deal for him? Doesn't sound smart on Boston's part now does it?

He'll be dealt as an impending UFA if he's dealt at all, and no way in hell does he return the Toronto 1st. Burkes at the point now where he either deals Kaberle, or risks losing him in the offseason for nothing or next to it. Boston doesn't need to do Toronto any favors.
Sigh....Kaberle has said he wouldn't waive his NTC unless he had an extension worked out with the receiving team.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfan_37 View Post
Nope, it's a top 5 pick, ain't gonna be traded for Kaberle. Maybe Boston't 1st, but not for Toronto's 1st

Another sigh......................this one longer. I didn't say anything in my post about TOR 1st rounder. I asked, under that assumption, what he would be worth.

Retsmra2010* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 11:05 AM
  #54
Carlton Orr*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,169
vCash: 500
hahaha, Thornton for Kabby?

Carlton Orr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 11:06 AM
  #55
MatthewT
Registered User
 
MatthewT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Bull View Post
How badly does Boston want to win now?

Burke will ask for his own first rounder back, probably won't get it but he doesn't have to trade Kaberle.
he doesnt have to do anything, yes your right. But it would be idiotic not to move him, which I wouldn't put past BB

MatthewT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 11:06 AM
  #56
pspot
Registered User
 
pspot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Kitchener
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,933
vCash: 500
you could work in conditional picks but we all know Burke doesn't think of that

pspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 11:07 AM
  #57
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retsmra2010 View Post
Sigh....Kaberle has said he wouldn't waive his NTC unless he had an extension worked out with the receiving team.....
Yea, how often does this actually happen?

Kaoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 11:07 AM
  #58
Alvvays
I know u u cant sing
 
Alvvays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 60,682
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreMogilny View Post
I could see Wheeler and perhaps a pick happening (a 2nd perhaps, but i think it could be lower).

Too many Leaf fans are expecting the world as a return for Kaberle, he simply isn't going to fetch much as a UFA to be.
This is why you're my favorite Leafs fan.

Very realistic type of offer. Wheeler is a big forward with upside that could potentially help the Leafs now AND in the future, so he makes sense in a trade for Kaberle, seeing as Burke is insistent on getting a player that helps "now".

Maybe make the 2nd conditional, so that if Boston goes a certain length in the playoffs, or if they re-sign him the Leafs get Boston's 1st.

__________________
Alvvays is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 11:08 AM
  #59
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time
 
Tim Vezina Thomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
Boston is wasting their time thinking about any player that has a NTC.
Lol.

I know I'm gonna regret this, but why is this the case?

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 11:08 AM
  #60
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!
 
IrishPaulie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Woostah
Country: Ireland
Posts: 5,298
vCash: 500
Toronto fans really thinks Kaberle will resign with the Leafs? Even if he does he'll ask for a raise + you have to sign Schenn and suddenly you have less cap space for those 2 first line players you need. I don't think Burke is going to tender an offer to Kabs in which case I'd rather just get him July 1st.

Either way we can play this fun game. If Kabs agrees to waive, Boston offers Wheeler + 2nd. If Toronto doesn't like that they can take their chances elsewhere, trade Kabs, plummet further into the basement, making the Toronto pick Boston owns even better.

It's a win win for Boston.

On the off chance he is resigned by the Leafs though I think Chia would be fine bidding for one of the several PMD UFAs this offseason.

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 11:09 AM
  #61
Retsmra2010*
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Yea, how often does this actually happen?
Assumptions people. Just because it's not an often occurrence does not mean it can't happen.

How about answering the question instead of circle jerking each other with sarcastic comments and reading comprehension failure.

Retsmra2010* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 11:09 AM
  #62
Hampe
The Hampster
 
Hampe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Charleston, S.C.
Country: United States
Posts: 6,474
vCash: 500
This is news?

Hampe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 11:09 AM
  #63
Analyzer*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,999
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
Boston is wasting their time thinking about any player that has a NTC.
Why ? All players sign a NTC because they like where they're at ? Some do, but a lot sign so they don't get traded to a ******, bottom feeder team. Some players want a chance at the cup.

If Kaberle really liked Toronto so much, he'd allow himself to be dealt, to help the leafs out, then come back in the summer.

He gets a chance to play for the cup.
Leafs get picks and/or prospects to help with their rebuild.
Leafs get Kaberle back in the off-season

Win, Win, Win.

I don't see the problem, there.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 11:11 AM
  #64
last row purple
Registered User
 
last row purple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,068
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareoftheBear View Post
I would do Wheeler and our first for Kaberle, done.
I would take this ^

Its going to look like underpayment when Boston re-signs Kaberle, but the way I see it, Tomas isnt going to re-sign in Toronto anyway. Take Wheeler and Boston's first and dont look back.

last row purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 11:13 AM
  #65
pspot
Registered User
 
pspot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Kitchener
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,933
vCash: 500
Wheeler also has a history with Kessel and we all know he needs a friend right now

pspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 11:13 AM
  #66
MoreMogilny
Cap'n
 
MoreMogilny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Oshawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
This is why you're my favorite Leafs fan.

Very realistic type of offer. Wheeler is a big forward with upside that could potentially help the Leafs now AND in the future, so he makes sense in a trade for Kaberle, seeing as Burke is insistent on getting a player that helps "now".

Maybe make the 2nd conditional, so that if Boston goes a certain length in the playoffs, or if they re-sign him the Leafs get Boston's 1st.
Yup, this is why it makes sense to me, NOW and FUTURE is important to Burke. Wheeler applies to both, and seems to be a bit of a victim to depth in Boston. One way or another, you have to think Burke is going to try and inject some size into the lineup, and Wheeler definitely has that (though doesn't always play like he is 6'5").

A conditional first would be just gravy on top if he did re-sign. I think that could be pretty fair as Boston would still have the Leaf's first rounder, and a signed Kaberle.

Otherwise, the pick could be a 2nd if the Bruins make the conference finals, if not, then it's a 3rd rounder.

MoreMogilny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 11:13 AM
  #67
Gutless
Registered User
 
Gutless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 528
vCash: 500
The asking price is probably a 1st and a prospect. Burke is likely asking for his first rounder back, and that's where the conversations are. I think Chiarelli would part with Boston's first and a prospect for Kaberle, though, and if a solid prospect is being offered (like Colborne) I would take that.

It's a difficult situation for Burke, though, because Kaberle is such an important part of the Leafs limited offence. Last night was a prime example of the kinds of things he can do both offensively and defensively (had a few nice stick checks on 1 on 1s). He will be very difficult to replace if he is traded and that's why Burke is asking for a lot.

Gutless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 11:14 AM
  #68
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retsmra2010 View Post
Assumptions people. Just because it's not an often occurrence does not mean it can't happen.

How about answering the question instead of circle jerking each other with sarcastic comments and reading comprehension failure.
It's not realistic, that's why. It's a ridiculous fantasy based attempt to increase Kaberle's value, much like creating trade offers with top 5 protected picks. You might as well ask "What would his value be if he was ridiculously good in his own end". He's not ridiculously good in his own end and he's a UFA to be.

Kaoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 11:15 AM
  #69
WreckItRask
Registered User
 
WreckItRask's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 7,178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
This is why you're my favorite Leafs fan.

Very realistic type of offer. Wheeler is a big forward with upside that could potentially help the Leafs now AND in the future, so he makes sense in a trade for Kaberle, seeing as Burke is insistent on getting a player that helps "now".

Maybe make the 2nd conditional, so that if Boston goes a certain length in the playoffs, or if they re-sign him the Leafs get Boston's 1st.
If it were to happen, and it probably won't, this is probably about fair value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retsmra2010 View Post
Assumptions people. Just because it's not an often occurrence does not mean it can't happen.

How about answering the question instead of circle jerking each other with sarcastic comments and reading comprehension failure.
Not an often occurrence? I'm not a hockey historian, so I might be off, but has it ever happened? Has a player ever agreed to a new deal at the trade deadline with the team acquiring him? I know it's happened in the offseason trades, but I can't think of a single time that it's happened at the deadline.

Kaberle is a rental, plain and simple. He might end up signing with whoever acquires him, and thus there might be some compensatory component attached to the pick going to Toronto based on him re-signing, but his value is as a rental UFA.

WreckItRask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 11:15 AM
  #70
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount
 
mcphllp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,066
vCash: 500
wheeler and a 2nd, imo

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 11:16 AM
  #71
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!
 
IrishPaulie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Woostah
Country: Ireland
Posts: 5,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless View Post
The asking price is probably a 1st and a prospect. Burke is likely asking for his first rounder back, and that's where the conversations are. I think Chiarelli would part with Boston's first and a prospect for Kaberle, though, and if a solid prospect is being offered (like Colborne) I would take that.

It's a difficult situation for Burke, though, because Kaberle is such an important part of the Leafs limited offence. Last night was a prime example of the kinds of things he can do both offensively and defensively (had a few nice stick checks on 1 on 1s). He will be very difficult to replace if he is traded and that's why Burke is asking for a lot.
I don't see Boston giving up a 1st and a good prospect. It would be a 2nd and a good prospect or a first and an OK prospect.

A UFA to be isn't worth what equates to 2 first round picks though.

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 11:16 AM
  #72
bobbyflex
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by last row purple View Post
I would take this ^

Its going to look like underpayment when Boston re-signs Kaberle, but the way I see it, Tomas isnt going to re-sign in Toronto anyway. Take Wheeler and Boston's first and dont look back.
don't want wheeler at all. the 1st would be more tempting lol.

bobbyflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 11:16 AM
  #73
NinthSpoke06
Registered User
 
NinthSpoke06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chestnut Hill
Country: United States
Posts: 10,174
vCash: 500
How many times does it have to be said? TOMAS KABERLE IS NOT GOING TO GET A FIRST ROUND PICK VIA TRADE. If he was he would have got it two years ago or last year. He most certainly isn't going to get it this year as a UFA rental.

He has been on the block for the past 3 years and no one has given a first for him why the hell would they do it no that he is a rental?

NinthSpoke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 11:18 AM
  #74
Retsmra2010*
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
It's not realistic, that's why. It's a ridiculous fantasy based attempt to increase Kaberle's value, much like creating trade offers with top 5 protected picks. You might as well ask "What would his value be if he was ridiculously good in his own end". He's not ridiculously good in his own end and he's a UFA to be.
It's actually nothing like that at all. You see, in order to use a metaphor you first need to understand the basics of hockey and contract when those are the two subjects in contention.

It is very possible an extension can be worked out prior to a trade while it is nearly impossible for a player to become ridiculously good at something they've never been good at.

kaberle WILL NOT be traded without an extension in place with the receiving team. End of story. So, either he tentatively agrees to terms with Boston or he doesn't get moved to Boston. thus, it's futile to discuss it under any other assumptions.

Can you wrap your head around this or not?

Retsmra2010* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 11:19 AM
  #75
bobbyflex
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanSeguin View Post
How many times does it have to be said? TOMAS KABERLE IS NOT GOING TO GET A FIRST ROUND PICK VIA TRADE. If he was he would have got it two years ago or last year. He most certainly isn't going to get it this year as a UFA rental.

He has been on the block for the past 3 years and no one has given a first for him why the hell would they do it no that he is a rental?
that's because burke doesn't want picks. maybe if you knew a little about the situation you wouldn't make yourself look like an azz

bobbyflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:50 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.