HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Complete Rebranding, New Logo & Arena Renovations - Part II

Closed Thread

Old
06-18-2011, 05:39 PM
TBLHoser

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFleegs View Post
I'd definitely buy the one on the right. Don't quite agree with the stripe on the left.

I just can't and never will buy a new jersey as they stand now. I'm a Lightning fan - not a Maple Wing Bolt.

Good Job! Send it in!

Old
06-18-2011, 05:53 PM
OG Kuch

I've given the new logo some time, and it still sucks. What a piece of crap. Millions of dollars and hours and hours of professional attention were put into the whole "new image" idea and the final product looks like something I'd expect out of a preschooler with a crayon. That said, I won't rule out purchasing one down the road simply because I'll want to show support for my favorite team when I leave Florida. I also think our 3rd jerseys are garbage as well, but at least they are better than the home/away set. If we sign Richards though, I will be getting a jersey no matter what.

I've been asking this in a few threads, but I haven't really gotten an answer. How are some of you designing these jerseys? I like some of the ideas I've seen in this thread, and it'd be cool to try and make one myself but I don't know how it's done.

Old
06-18-2011, 06:13 PM
Maelmoor

Send a message via MSN to Maelmoor
I think people are overreacting, the idea behind a hockey jersey is not for it to be pretty but to show that you support your team. If I wanna go out and wear some nice looking clothes I don't go for a hockey jersey..

06-18-2011, 07:49 PM
JFleegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alaskan Assassin View Post
I've given the new logo some time, and it still sucks. What a piece of crap. Millions of dollars and hours and hours of professional attention were put into the whole "new image" idea and the final product looks like something I'd expect out of a preschooler with a crayon. That said, I won't rule out purchasing one down the road simply because I'll want to show support for my favorite team when I leave Florida. I also think our 3rd jerseys are garbage as well, but at least they are better than the home/away set. If we sign Richards though, I will be getting a jersey no matter what.

I've been asking this in a few threads, but I haven't really gotten an answer. How are some of you designing these jerseys? I like some of the ideas I've seen in this thread, and it'd be cool to try and make one myself but I don't know how it's done.
I searched for nhl jersey templates, and then I used photoshop cs4. If you dont have photoshop theres probably free programs to use like paint.

Old
06-23-2011, 11:45 AM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

You've all seen the cannon that fires for CBJ goals, right?

I want to see what this "lightning bolt" that Leiweke was again talking about today on TBO. If its like the cannon and is unique (and not lame) thatll be awesome.

Old
06-23-2011, 11:53 AM
ThunderAlleyNomad

Well it's guaranteed to be unique. No other pro team has lightning bolts flashing across their arena. Lame we'll have to wait and see.

Old
06-23-2011, 12:00 PM
LightningStrikes
VL4ever

vCash: 50
Maybe it's something like those laser shows.

Old
06-23-2011, 12:06 PM
ThunderAlleyNomad

Leiweke specifically mentions a giant coil:

Quote:
The lightning bolt?

Oh, that!

The $35 million renovation of the Forum, paid for by the Lightning, is well under way. If all goes according to plan, it will be finished in time for the season to begin in October. There will be new seating, improved sight lines, a monstrous pipe organ, and all other sorts of aesthetic goodies -- along with the lightning bolt.

By early next month, Leiweke hopes they can test a giant coil that will shoot a lightning bolt across the top of the arena.That's so cool!
Tesla coil? Maybe? Where are our physicists to explain this?

http://www2.tbo.com/sports/lightning...ans-ar-239361/

Old
06-23-2011, 12:40 PM
Mjolnir
Courage Wisdom Power

vCash: 103
Around the 4:05 mark "lightning strikes the ring" My guess is it will look something like that.

Old
06-23-2011, 12:42 PM
Maelmoor

Send a message via MSN to Maelmoor
I really like the idea to bring in a pipe proper organ, thats so much better than som DJ playing crap techno

Old
06-23-2011, 12:44 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraphobia Catalyst View Post
Around the 4:05 mark "lightning strikes the ring" My guess is it will look something like that.

Nah they would have to darken the whole arena for that and thats pretty cheesy.

This on the other hand is how they might do it

Would be sweet if they made the new uniforms out of the stuff this guy is wearing and when they score the Lightning gets attracted to them like this!!

Old
06-23-2011, 01:14 PM
Felonious Python
Still Drej

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
Nah they would have to darken the whole arena for that and thats pretty cheesy.

This on the other hand is how they might do it

Would be sweet if they made the new uniforms out of the stuff this guy is wearing and when they score the Lightning gets attracted to them like this!!
Like this?

Because of the nature of electricity, wouldn't his teammates around him also get electrified?
Like this?

Old
06-23-2011, 01:16 PM
LightningStrikes
VL4ever

What the hell is that?

Old
06-23-2011, 01:20 PM
Felonious Python
Still Drej

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
What the hell is that?
NHL Hitz. A video game from the last console generation that I played once in a Best Buy. (a lot like a Saturn store, since that'd be the German equivalent)

Old
06-23-2011, 06:04 PM
JFleegs

anyone else see the preds new jerseys? Idk about you guys but im a big fan, thats how you rebrand a jersey I might have to buy a white one.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=929257&page=9

Old
06-23-2011, 06:11 PM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

Vertical piping still...meh. I liked the silver they had on their current ones but looks like that's all but gone. Wonder if these jerseys were what inspired the "Gold Out" in the playoffs or vice-versa.

Old
06-23-2011, 06:17 PM
JFleegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Downie View Post
Vertical piping still...meh. I liked the silver they had on their current ones but looks like that's all but gone. Wonder if these jerseys were what inspired the "Gold Out" in the playoffs or vice-versa.
Nashville fans said everything was about gold (ticket packages, gold out) so they figured the home was going to be gold. I think its bold and looks great with blue. I think the blue will be brighter then the pic (almost looks black). The jersey has character though, the biggest thing ours is lacking but i guess we still need to see ours in action maybe somehow they will turn into this so called classic jersey Y and Liew keep talking about.

Old
06-23-2011, 09:17 PM
bladoww
Team of the Future

Quote:
Nashville fans said everything was about gold (ticket packages, gold out) so they figured the home was going to be gold. I think its bold and looks great with blue. I think the blue will be brighter then the pic (almost looks black). The jersey has character though, the biggest thing ours is lacking but i guess we still need to see ours in action maybe somehow they will turn into this so called classic jersey Y and Liew keep talking about.
Nearly everything about that Preds jersey (if it is indeed legit) is not classic or timeless, which is what the new regime was going for. It uses elements like that ridiculous piping. It also has the city name in small letters on the left shoulder/armpit area - why? It just has way too many weird aspects to it that make it look like a third or minor league jersey. The colors I can live with though, the yellow is a bit bright, but I'm not bent out of shape about that.

The only way this becomes "normal" or accepted is if they keep it, leave it alone and don't fiddle (no pun intended) with it every freaking year. Like our victory stripes... somewhat weird and untraditional at first, sure, but now widely accepted and demanded by fans because they've been there for 20 years.

Here are some jersey oddities that never really stood the test of time to prove my point:

- Nashville's mustard jersey, which also had that funky collar with the flat, horizontal bottom.
- Numbers on the front seems to be a dying trend.
- Piping seems to be a dying trend (except for these new Preds unis).
- Funky sock patterns (i.e. TB, Calgary, Atlanta thirds).
- Nashvilles old silver metallic shoulders.
- Mooterus and the color red in Dallas.
- The name "Atlanta" and a big stripe running down just one sleeve.
- The sublimated full graphic printed jerseys of the 90's (i.e. Anaheim, LA, TB, St. Louis, etc.).

In addition, it wouldn't surprise me if San Jose ditches the orange at some point.

But my point is what the Preds are doing here is incorporating too many silly elements. The more silly elements you have the harder it's going to be to keep them for years to come. The name above the armpit, the guitar strings in the numbers, the God-awful piping, the weird crescent above the nameplate... it's all fluff and it won't stand the test of time.

Old
06-23-2011, 09:35 PM
bladoww
Team of the Future

BTW the TBL Facebook page has Stamkos in the new uni on the NHL 12 cover.

Old
06-23-2011, 09:48 PM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
Like this?

Because of the nature of electricity, wouldn't his teammates around him also get electrified?
Like this?
I can't wait to see Ovie score in the SPTF next season and a "coil malfunction" takes place...

Old
06-24-2011, 06:35 AM
Felonious Python
Still Drej

If the Lightning bolt runs along the roof, and Scotty Bowman, who has a steel plate in his head is sitting along the press box row...

Old
06-24-2011, 11:06 AM
Felonious Python
Still Drej

Actually, the more I think about it, the more players would be electrocuted.

Lightning strikes the player, who isn't grounded by any means with his metal blades, playing on an ice surface (which is comprised of water).

Although solid ice may act as an insulator, water will not, and there's no way there's not going to be some of that, especially this far south.

The current is carried along like a toaster in a bathtub, and electrocutes everyone else because they have metal blades attached to their boots too.

I see no problem with this idea.

Last edited by Felonious Python: 06-24-2011 at 11:33 AM.
Old
06-25-2011, 09:04 AM
bladoww
Team of the Future

Reminds me of Dolph Lundgren in this shot.

Anyways, I wonder if that is a real jersey, or just one from the unveiling with a nameplate and numbers. Reason I ask is because the logo has the thinner oval, not the fatter one.

Old
06-25-2011, 08:31 PM
dbieon12
Vinik-Yzerman-Cooper

Quote:
anyone else see the preds new jerseys? Idk about you guys but im a big fan, thats how you rebrand a jersey I might have to buy a white one.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=929257&page=9
Notice how their darks aren't just one color. There's intricacies like pipes, stripes, patches, etc.

To be honest, the new Lightning jerseys look like something to wear during a skate around or practice.

Old
06-26-2011, 10:26 AM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

I love the new jerseys. Can't wait to buy one. Still haven't heard when they officially go on sale, i'll have to pick up a Hedman or Downie.

Closed Thread