HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Complete Rebranding, New Logo & Arena Renovations - Part II

Closed Thread

Old
10-04-2011, 10:18 AM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

vCash: 500
Seriously reduced? The seats are like... the same size.

Old
10-04-2011, 12:40 PM
Tokala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genius Brian Lawton View Post
I hear that the cup holders are awkward to navigate around. I'll keep my beer on the ledge behind me so noone spills it as they try to get to their seat. I hear that I will have both Molson and Labatt to choose from this season. I also hear that they raised the price to $12. Seems incredible that they could raise it from $11. I bet the sales sink.

Old
10-04-2011, 12:45 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokala View Post
I hear that the cup holders are awkward to navigate around. I'll keep my beer on the ledge behind me so noone spills it as they try to get to their seat. I hear that I will have both Molson and Labatt to choose from this season. I also hear that they raised the price to $12. Seems incredible that they could raise it from $11. I bet the sales sink.
That I can agree with, cupholder can be a little awkward when the aisles werent designed for seats with them. As for the beers... no idea.

Old
10-04-2011, 12:51 PM
ThunderAlleyNomad

Beer prices went up again? This is bad, pretty soon I'm gonna be parking up on Jackson St just to save money for beer.

Old
10-04-2011, 12:56 PM
BeachBolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamcat View Post
Well, that is really disappointing. I am 6 foot 6 inches, and I had a hard enough time sitting in any seat besides the few club level seats on the aisles with the extra leg room. I left with bruised knees even then.
If there is less leg room with the new seats (a terrible decision IMO), I won't be able to go unless I get lucky enough to get tickets to a private box where I can stand.
Me and Sunsports are going to become real close this season.

You'll be able to stand around the Organ, and downstairs where they took out some suites! Just get there early for a good spot.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure at the preseason game beer was $11.

Old
10-04-2011, 03:15 PM
IdealisticSniper

With 10K season tickets means there are 10K season ticker holder jerseys with discount chips which means 10K possible people buying beer at 25% off too...so the slight raise could have been done to make up for that.

Old
10-04-2011, 03:41 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
With 10K season tickets means there are 10K season ticker holder jerseys with discount chips which means 10K possible people buying beer at 25% off too...so the slight raise could have been done to make up for that.
Negative, funny you should mention this as I heard something about this yesterday - even if you have 8 seats you get limited on how many STM jerseys you get. I think the roundabout number was just under 7k for jerseys distributed.

Old
10-04-2011, 06:43 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Negative, funny you should mention this as I heard something about this yesterday - even if you have 8 seats you get limited on how many STM jerseys you get. I think the roundabout number was just under 7k for jerseys distributed.
Thats weird. But I only have two seats and got my two jerseys haha. But even still 7K discount chips is a good chunk as well.

Although I could have sworn I heard one of the big guys talking about how cool it is going to be to have 10K+ STM jerseys at the forum every night.

Old
10-04-2011, 09:20 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Thats weird. But I only have two seats and got my two jerseys haha. But even still 7K discount chips is a good chunk as well.

Although I could have sworn I heard one of the big guys talking about how cool it is going to be to have 10K+ STM jerseys at the forum every night.
I think the magic number/limit was 4 or 5 jerseys and no more if your seat numbers keep rising.

Old
10-05-2011, 05:35 AM
Felonious Python
Still Drej

Quote:
I think the magic number/limit was 4 or 5 jerseys and no more if your seat numbers keep rising.
What about if your sweater size kept rising?

Could you get a sweater large enough to contain 5 or more people?

Old
10-05-2011, 08:38 AM
Bolto
?

Quote:
I think the new seats are the same width but the seat sticks out more. Additionally the cushions don't allow you to sit as far back as before. Whatever the cause I've got the same seats as I had last year and the reduction in leg room is very noticeable.

Old
10-05-2011, 09:44 AM
Tokala

I went to the Launch last night. Had seats in the Club level. The new seats are comfy....too bad I don't sit during the game. I noticed the cupholders aren't deep enough for the 24oz cans that they sell. Gonna be a lot of knocked over beers. I did like the cupholders on the partition dividers between the urinals in the mens room!

They were selling beers for $8.25 last night. My conversation with the beer cart jockey indicated that they'll be $12 during the season. I hope the beer cart jockeys have scanners so I can get my discount. It could affect their sales.

Old
10-05-2011, 10:41 AM
Bolto
?

I was also in the club level last night and those seats were comfy. Good leg room too. Different type seats than where I normally sit in the terrace level.

Old
10-05-2011, 10:53 AM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolto View Post
I think the new seats are the same width but the seat sticks out more. Additionally the cushions don't allow you to sit as far back as before. Whatever the cause I've got the same seats as I had last year and the reduction in leg room is very noticeable.
Really? That actually kind of stinks. Hopefully no one sits in front of me at all this year so I can put my feet up then.

Old
10-05-2011, 01:43 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Downie View Post
Really? That actually kind of stinks. Hopefully no one sits in front of me at all this year so I can put my feet up then.
No problem for me. Another reason I love my seats. All thats in front of me is a staircase. All the leg room I want.

Old
10-05-2011, 02:29 PM
Felonious Python
Still Drej

I'd like an answer to my 5 or more people sweater, please.

Old
10-05-2011, 04:04 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
I'd like an answer to my 5 or more people sweater, please.
Shut up.

/mod abuse

Old
10-06-2011, 05:25 AM
Felonious Python
Still Drej

http://www.sixsix8.com/2011/09/minimalist-nhl-teams/

Old
10-06-2011, 06:18 AM
Maelmoor

Send a message via MSN to Maelmoor
Will the arena renovations be done in time for the 17th? (or is there any official opening before that?)

10-06-2011, 09:45 AM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelmoor View Post
Will the arena renovations be done in time for the 17th? (or is there any official opening before that?)
No no, the restaurant, entrance, and box office are all going to be under construction until (I think) mid November. Probably a few other little things here and there, too (think TVs around the building, some paint, new concessions).

Old
10-06-2011, 10:24 AM
Maelmoor

Send a message via MSN to Maelmoor
Quote:
No no, the restaurant, entrance, and box office are all going to be under construction until (I think) mid November. Probably a few other little things here and there, too (think TVs around the building, some paint, new concessions).
Ah fair enough, I was wondering how they would do it in such a short time :p

Old
10-06-2011, 01:29 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Speaking of concessions. What are the chances we get some legitimate places to eat installed in the forum? Like at Amway Center they have places like Papa Johns, Cold Stone etc. Would love to see more of that at the Forum. Other than Outback.

Old
10-06-2011, 01:56 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Speaking of concessions. What are the chances we get some legitimate places to eat installed in the forum? Like at Amway Center they have places like Papa Johns, Cold Stone etc. Would love to see more of that at the Forum. Other than Outback.
Little Caesars will be in the building for sure, I heard rumblings of a chic-fil-a but i'm not sure that is coming to fruition. All concessions are getting revamped with new menus as well as the suites (the suites menus are un-****ing-real, SO GOOD). I'm not sure if they'll all be in by opening night, I heard yes but also heard there might be a few delays with some of them. We'll see as we get closer. The selection is going to be so, so much better.

Tesla coils are on the floor as we speak, and organ is being installed now.

Old
10-06-2011, 04:12 PM
Felonious Python
Still Drej

Quote:
Little Caesars will be in the building for sure, I heard rumblings of a chic-fil-a but i'm not sure that is coming to fruition. All concessions are getting revamped with new menus as well as the suites (the suites menus are un-****ing-real, SO GOOD). I'm not sure if they'll all be in by opening night, I heard yes but also heard there might be a few delays with some of them. We'll see as we get closer. The selection is going to be so, so much better.

Tesla coils are on the floor as we speak, and organ is being installed now.
Chick-fil-a could be a problem with their Sunday policy; Political/religions overtones and a former name of 'The Dwarf House'. They don't get a lot of crap from the general public it seems, but if they set up a concession stand, the Forum might.

Little Caesars is owned by Mike Ilitch, who owns (anyone? anyone?) the Detroit Red Wings.

Last edited by Felonious Python: 10-06-2011 at 04:18 PM.
Old
10-06-2011, 08:59 PM
IdealisticSniper

I was just about to ask about the tesla coils. They have to be operational soon no? They only have a week to test them and get them working how they want. Those and the seats are the two things I'm most excited for

Closed Thread