HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Complete Rebranding, New Logo & Arena Renovations - Part II

Closed Thread

Old
07-04-2012, 04:28 AM
PhysicalGraffiti
Bolts STM Since 93

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanOberg View Post
I LOVE the new jerseys. Bringing back the black as the 3rd would be cool though.
That would be a start, but we need black in the color scheme. Nice to see some people like the new jerseys, I loathe them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Dover View Post
The worst thing they could do is add new features to an existing jersey. I know I would be pissed off if I had already bought a new jersey. I love the victory stripes too, but please dont add them on now, its too late.
Well considering how few people bought the jerseys. Most jerseys you see in the crowd/on TV were the ones given away.

I'm more pissed they rushed things, then after realized they needed to add things but couldn't. They wanted victory stripes and even added the little (very very little) black to the jerseys around the number, with more promises of black coming.

But they did say they didn't add the black or stripes because they couldn't, but they would be coming (I doubt it).

It's not too late to fix something broken. It never is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
When did they promise that?

Also the Syracuse Crunch have grey/silver and we do not, and we have black and they don't. So while they are going blue they aren't really trying to keep it the same as us.
I can't find it now, but I remember them saying they wanted to add some black back into things, aside from the stupidity that is the black outline on the numbers.

I know they said they were going to add more black after the fans displeasure, but am quite certain it was going to be more than what they did around the numbers. They just weren't able to make the changes like the victory stripes and more black because of league rules.

And if that is the black you are referring to, we don't have black. It isn't in our color scheme at all. It's just the little they added after the complaints.

They haven't appeased me at all. I still won't wear the jersey they gave us. Sorry, I realize it's a broken record from me, but this is an addition to my rant. I wish I could find where they said they would have added more black and victory stripes if it wasn't too late, and would do so. I hope I didn't misread, because then I'm off. I'm still not happy with the ******** they gave us, but I'm in the wrong in my accusation of false promises.

Edit: I did find this from RawCharge- For those of you wondering, per the team, the victory stripes on #tblightning jersey are still possible down the road. Be patient.

So I guess there was no promise, and from my reading the stupid little black around the numbers was all they planned after the press release. Son of a *****.

Old
07-04-2012, 08:34 AM
bladoww
Team of the Future

How cool would it be to re-introduce the victory stripes in our 20th season?

Old
07-05-2012, 09:54 AM
TheDaysOf 04

http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news...medium=twitter
Quote:
Lightning owner Jeffrey Vinik is among three new members to join the Duke University Board of Trustees, the university announced Monday

Old
07-06-2012, 04:23 PM
LGB 26

Shouldve re-colored the thirds while throwing a 20th anniversary patch on it.

Old
07-09-2012, 01:31 AM
Realize

Send a message via ICQ to Realize Send a message via MSN to Realize Send a message via Skype™ to Realize
I really your work - but put the new Lightning Logo on the shoulder from the 3rd jersey. I think it would fit better right now.

Old
07-09-2012, 01:54 AM
LGB 26

Yeah I think they are doing the new patches regardless, which are sweet. I cant take credit for the pic above, all I did was dump paint on it in mspaint.

Last edited by LGB 26: 07-09-2012 at 02:03 AM.
Old
07-15-2012, 11:03 AM
berlin
wait...... what?

new thirds please

I'd like to see these thirds for the foreseeable future, (with victory stripes of course) im tired of teams changing there thirds every few years. Although i for one would rather it read Lightning, to me Bolts is a little hokey but i could live with it; it is at the very least original.

Last edited by berlin: 07-17-2012 at 05:05 PM.
Old
07-16-2012, 03:57 AM
Realize

Send a message via ICQ to Realize Send a message via MSN to Realize Send a message via Skype™ to Realize
Quote:
Originally Posted by berlin View Post
I'd like to see these thirds for the foreseeable future, (with victory stripes of course) im tired of teams changing there thirds every few years. Although i for one would rather it read Lightning, to me Bolts is a little hokey but i could live with it; it is at the very least original.
can someone please tell me how to post an image into my reply?
Hm - would be cool if there would be a "more modern" Bolts scripting.

I like the rest of your proposal - would be cool (white shoulder patches would be better instead of this grey ones)

Old
07-16-2012, 12:40 PM
TheDaysOf 04

Quote:
Originally Posted by berlin View Post
can someone please tell me how to post an image into my reply?
To post an image click on the button that looks like this

A little box will pop up and you can paste the link to your picture there

So it should look something like this and then when you hit submit post, the picture will show

[IMG]http://0.tqn.com/d/toys/1/0/N/o/H09FFLuvCubPolarBear.jpg[/ IMG]

Old
07-16-2012, 03:05 PM
BoltSTH

Today the ice place starts getting ripped apart for the Republican Convention.

Old
07-16-2012, 11:07 PM
LGB 26

It'll be clobbering time if they dont put it back properly.

Old
07-17-2012, 12:31 AM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

Will the TBTF have any permanent improvements as a dirwct result of the GOP convention or is it all temporary? I heard this morning a new sound system was being put in, but again, is it permanent?

Old
07-17-2012, 04:52 AM
Felonious Python
Still Drej

I imagine any improvements will happen during DNC conventions, but Republicans will take credit for them.

Old
07-17-2012, 07:42 AM
Tokala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
I imagine any improvements will happen during DNC conventions, but Republicans will take credit for them.

I saw them cutting out railings and adding an acoustic ceiling.

Old
07-17-2012, 09:49 AM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo View Post
Will the TBTF have any permanent improvements as a dirwct result of the GOP convention or is it all temporary? I heard this morning a new sound system was being put in, but again, is it permanent?
More than likely.

Old
07-23-2012, 07:50 PM
TheDaysOf 04

http://lightning.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=638467
Quote:
The Tampa Bay Times Forum in Tampa, Florida has been ranked second in the United States (fifteenth in the world) by Pollstar magazine, as well as ranked ninth in the United States (fourteenth in the world) by Venues Today magazine. The mid-year rankings are based on worldwide ticket sales for concerts, events and family shows in venues seating 15,001 or more.

This honor comes in addition to the Times Forum earning the award for best sports and entertainment facility for the second consecutive year at the Tampa Bay Sports Commission Sneaker Soiree.

Old
07-24-2012, 12:21 PM
BoltSTH

It will be interesting the impact the renovated USF Sun Dome has. I see Elton John is playing there, where he always played the ice palace before, plus the USF basketball will go back there I presume.

Old
07-24-2012, 01:01 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltSTH View Post
It will be interesting the impact the renovated USF Sun Dome has. I see Elton John is playing there, where he always played the ice palace before, plus the USF basketball will go back there I presume.
Won't be a big deal, and yeah USF will be going back.

Old
07-30-2012, 06:08 PM
TheDaysOf 04

http://www.rawcharge.com/2012/7/30/3...medium=twitter
Quote:
When we last saw the Tampa Bay Lightning's alternate uniforms, the blue-and-black ensemble that featured a blue, piped sweater with "BOLTS" scrawled across the front, its future was still to be determined. The Lightning organization hadn't made a decision on what would happen to the uniform or if it would be employed again.

A decision has been made though: The 3rd jersey lives on. Team Executive Vice President of Communications Bill Wickett said in an email on Monday that the team would indeed employ the uniform system again for 2012-13. Wickett expected the jersey to be used for "12-15 home games" this season. There will be one minor tweak to the uniform though; a more current shoulder patch will be employed. Last season's jersey continued to feature the Lightning's old (2007-2011) primary logo on its shoulders. It was a time issue that prevented making the change for last season.

Old
07-30-2012, 07:44 PM
EbencoyE

lame, another year of being the Tampa Bay Bolts and having two blue jerseys for some reason

Old
07-31-2012, 01:34 AM
snowden
Man is matter

vCash: 1742
The Bolts jersey is my all time favorite of ours. Haters be damned.

Old
07-31-2012, 07:13 PM
berlin
wait...... what?

yea total bummer, bolts is too mickey mouse looking and sounding. I hope they ditch the piping at least, on the lightning's site (shop) they have one without it.

Old
08-01-2012, 06:40 AM
LightningStrikes
VL4ever

vCash: 50
Meh, could've lived without them. I'd rather have just a home and an away jersey. Or a black(-ish) third.

Old
08-01-2012, 04:03 PM
KareemTrustfund
Shove it, losers!

I'm actually glad they're sticking around.

Old
08-01-2012, 05:11 PM
LGB 26

Can we just break in and dye some uni's black.

Closed Thread