HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Complete Rebranding, New Logo & Arena Renovations - Part II

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2011, 05:14 PM
CSampson

vCash: 500
Whites are popping. Nice.

Old
02-23-2011, 05:19 PM
Mit Yarrum
HoF Turd Shiner

vCash: 1663
Simple enough. I like them.

Old
02-23-2011, 05:21 PM
Felonious Python
TyJo

More like loser stripes, amirite?

What's sort of unfortunate is that while the logo is clearly lacking, on these particular diagrams, it doesn't look too bad. Especially if the sweater actually had the vertical stripes that are implied by the template. (I can't believe I'm saying that)

Blue strings though. f7u12

On the bright side, the black does help immeasurably distance their look from the Leafs, and the logo literally won't lose anything when it becomes a car window decal.

Old
02-23-2011, 06:04 PM
ThunderAlleyNomad

mcorcoran81 Mike Corcoran
For those of you wondering, per the team, the victory stripes on #tblightning jersey are still possible down the road. Be patient.

Old
02-23-2011, 06:12 PM
bladoww
Team of the Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by albatross View Post
For those of you wondering, per the team, the victory stripes on #tblightning jersey are still possible down the road. Be patient.
Beast.

Old
02-23-2011, 06:26 PM
ultra63

the black is uber subtle. Is it just a black line around the bolt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
Ummm guys!

VICTORYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

http://lightning.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=553908

EDIT: Haha was so excited didnt see two posts up :p

Oh well stands being reposted twice. So they ARE LISTENING. What great owners we have. Although it looks like victory stripes are gone... Oh well at least the bolts are there.

Well it would have been to have the main logo outlined in black. Would have brought it a long long way for sure. But they are slowly getting there. Maybe this leaves doors open for small tweaks in a few years.

Overall Im happy the bolts are back and black will still be a part of the color scheme. Means they can sell black merchandise again as well.

I think these are pretty solid and the small tweaks are definitely an improvement.

Old
02-23-2011, 06:41 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:

Old
02-23-2011, 06:46 PM
Felonious Python
TyJo

Quote:
Final version 3.0?

Old
02-23-2011, 08:32 PM
LightningStrikes
Klutcherov

vCash: 387
Quote:
Tod Leiweke just confirmed this during the intermission. They're actually a little late for more changes he said. So they might add the stripes sometime down the road!

Old
02-23-2011, 08:43 PM
bladoww
Team of the Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
Tod Leiweke just confirmed this during the intermission. They're actually a little late for more changes he said. So they might add the stripes sometime down the road!
Yeah I just read this here: http://www.examiner.com/sports-in-ta...es-for-2011-12

Quote:
“When you make changes like we’ve had people have had lots of suggestions on community activism,” Leiweke continued. “We’ve had suggestions on building renovations and people came back and said a black accent and a bolt on the leg would make them happy. The other thing we heard was a victory stripe under the arm. We missed timing a little bit on that so it could be something we add in the future. For those fans who asked to put that back we ask them to be patient.

“We will always be good listeners.”
I get the timing thing, but then again I don't. "Down the road"? Probably beause the jerseys are already in production? As long as the stripes are intact when the puck drops next season I'm happy.

Old
02-23-2011, 08:48 PM
LightningStrikes
Klutcherov

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladoww View Post
Yeah I just read this here: http://www.examiner.com/sports-in-ta...es-for-2011-12

I get the timing thing, but then again I don't. "Down the road"? Probably beause the jerseys are already in production? As long as the stripes are intact when the puck drops next season I'm happy.
Isn't the above design with the bolt on the pants the final version they just sent to the league for next season? In that case we would have to play at least one season without the victory stripes, right?

Old
02-23-2011, 08:51 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Drej

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladoww View Post

I think it's because of the announcement today that say it was submitted to the NHL for final approval.

Old
02-23-2011, 08:58 PM
bladoww
Team of the Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
Isn't the above design with the bolt on the pants the final version they just sent to the league for next season? In that case we would have to play at least one season without the victory stripes, right?
To be honest, yes, I would think so. Stranger things have happened though.

Take the Rangers and hemming up the "tails" of the jerseys to look more square. Did that take any league approval? Not sure. Or the Blues years ago when they (Keenan?) refused to put the team on the ice with those god awful "cool cat" thirds? I remember a couple of seasons ago in the ASG Marty wore our home jersey with socks from the third jersey system - it actually looked cool but was probably against league regs. Seems the league is willing to bend at times and hopefully would do so for Vinik.

The stripes are such a minor change, who knows. Maybe something like that doesn't matter a whole lot.

Old
02-23-2011, 09:25 PM
IdealisticSniper

To me it sounds like very slim chance we see the stripes next year but the year after that they will be on the jersey, possibly with other small tweaks.

Cue the always pissed no matter what posters who will call it a money grab to release these jerseys like this and then tweak them for FANS the next season so people feel the need to buy yet another new jersey.

Old
02-23-2011, 09:26 PM
Drouin2Stamkos

I think they look sick with the Bolt on the pants. Go Lightning!

Old
02-23-2011, 09:45 PM
Xenophobia Catalyst
The Omega Dreamer

vCash: 50
I know it is not going to happen and that people post altered pics all the time but I wanted to see what it looked like with the victory stripes and more black trim.

EDIT: Also did the whites. I originally had the black trim on the whites right next to the blue but did not look right.
So I added a small white buffer to match the look of the numbers and it looks better.

Last edited by Xenophobia Catalyst: 09-09-2011 at 04:38 PM.
Old
02-23-2011, 09:52 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraphobia Catalyst View Post
I know it is not going to happen and that people post altered pics all the time but I wanted to see what it looked like with the victory stripes and more black trim.
Absolute win. Thats how it should be. I would 100% happy with it like that.

Old
02-23-2011, 10:03 PM
Drouin2Stamkos

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
Absolute win. Thats how it should be. I would 100% happy with it like that.
Agree with the Black on the primary logo. Makes it look so much better.

Old
03-01-2011, 06:52 PM
Xenophobia Catalyst
The Omega Dreamer

vCash: 50
NHL Network was showing Classic Series and it happened to be 1996 Flyers - Lightning. Going into a commercial break just before game 3 at Tampa they showed a sign in the crowd that caught my eye.

This is the best picture I could get of it but it looks oddly familiar.

Last edited by Xenophobia Catalyst: 09-09-2011 at 04:38 PM.
Old
03-02-2011, 12:44 AM
TheDaysOf 04
Drej

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraphobia Catalyst View Post
NHL Network was showing Classic Series and it happened to be 1996 Flyers - Lightning. Going into a commercial break just before game 3 at Tampa they showed a sign in the crowd that caught my eye.

This is the best picture I could get of it but it looks oddly familiar.
wow.

Old
03-04-2011, 02:16 PM
bladoww
Team of the Future

So I'm a graphic designer and have an eye for detail. This has been bugging me for a while. Has anyone else noticed the differing thickness of the oval from home to road? IMHO the road oval looks a LOT better. I can't quite figure out what the rationale is for this difference.

Old
03-04-2011, 02:45 PM
LightningStrikes
Klutcherov

That's odd. Also, the away oval appears to be thicker at the bottom, where the bolt cuts through. And why does the top of the bolt jut into the A of the word "Bay"?

Old
03-04-2011, 03:47 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Drej

I layered one on top of the other and they do not fit. The Bolt itself is almost identical, but the ring is not.

Old
03-04-2011, 04:30 PM
Felonious Python
TyJo

To my untrained eye, maybe they resized the oval so it wouldn't be as prominent in versions where they had they also had the lettering?

I get what the Lightning were trying to do here with the logo, but they can't go around saying that they have a classically designed logo in this case. I think my, and most of our overall opinions would be much higher if they hadn't done that.

There's too many new, and quasi-experimental (or undercooked) elements to really be able to compare it to any of the O6.

Last edited by Felonious Python: 03-04-2011 at 04:35 PM.
Old
03-04-2011, 06:57 PM
bladoww
Team of the Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
I layered one on top of the other and they do not fit. The Bolt itself is almost identical, but the ring is not.

Wow great idea. That really illustrates the difference well.

Color me confused though. No clue why they did it this way.

Closed Thread