HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nyr-tor

Old
02-08-2011, 10:11 PM
umwoz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan Fox View Post
They're not going to trade him.
Unfortunate for the Leafs then, isn't it? With all that has happened I'm not sure Kaberle will re-sign in Toronto. You'd think they would want to get something out of him.

umwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 10:13 PM
Joe Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
I would do it, personally. I can't speak for the entire fanbase, and I know Kaberle has his shortcomings physically but an offensive defenseman is one of the Ranger's 2 greatest needs. I would be willing to move a 2nd and Grachev for that, easily.
Grachev and a 2nd is probably the most we could get for kabby assuming the rangers are one of the few teams he would accept a trade to. I wouldn't be at all disappointed with this as a return, but I might rather just re-sign him.

Joe Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 10:14 PM
Megan Fox
ლ(◉◞౪◟◉ )ლ

Quote:
Originally Posted by umwoz View Post
Unfortunate for the Leafs then, isn't it? With all that has happened I'm not sure Kaberle will re-sign in Toronto. You'd think they would want to get something out of him.
Honestly, I'd rather let him walk than let other teams dictate the value of a player they don't have the rights to.

Megan Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 10:16 PM
Joe Clark

Quote:
Honestly, I'd rather let him walk than let other teams dictate the value of a player they don't have the rights to.
Well that's just cute.

Joe Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 10:25 PM
ThisYearsModel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Clark View Post
Grachev and a 2nd is probably the most we could get for kabby assuming the rangers are one of the few teams he would accept a trade to. I wouldn't be at all disappointed with this as a return, but I might rather just re-sign him.
If they get Grachev, they would likely not get a 2nd as well.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 10:27 PM
JeffMangum
I'm v

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisYearsModel View Post
Grachev himself isn't nearly enough to get a player of Kaberle's caliber.

The 2nd makes it feasible.

02-08-2011, 10:28 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

Quote:
Isn't it demand that controls how much Kaberle is worth? If there is more offensive minded D available, his price will go down, as well as it would go up if he was the only one.

The fact of the matter is, time is ticking on Kaberle. If he isn't dealt, you'll get nothing for him since you would think he would walk right out of the leafs complex never to return after game 82 is over. If he is on the leafs on the day of the deadline, you will not be getting too much for him.

mrjimmyg89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 10:29 PM
Megan Fox
ლ(◉◞౪◟◉ )ლ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Grachev himself isn't nearly enough to get a player of Kaberle's caliber.

The 2nd makes it feasible.
No, it really doesn't.

Old
02-08-2011, 10:30 PM
bobbyflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisYearsModel View Post

bobbyflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 10:31 PM
Megan Fox
ლ(◉◞౪◟◉ )ლ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
Isn't it demand that controls how much Kaberle is worth? If there is more offensive minded D available, his price will go down, as well as it would go up if he was the only one.

The fact of the matter is, time is ticking on Kaberle. If he isn't dealt, you'll get nothing for him since you would think he would walk right out of the leafs complex never to return after game 82 is over. If he is on the leafs on the day of the deadline, you will not be getting too much for him.
Okay.

Old
02-08-2011, 10:35 PM
New Liskeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
You show up in everyone of these threads just to be annoying.

Go away.
No, it's the truth. Kaberle is an all star defenceman and one of the best transition D in the NHL. Does what was offered match the same value as Kaberle? Funny how people think they can get something for nothing. Kaberle is very unlikely to be traded anyhow.

New Liskeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 10:38 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

Quote:
Okay.
The fact of the matter is the other teams do control how much you'll get in return. If you want something in return, for a rental, it's not going to be something significant.

The people who are not high on grachev are the same people not high on MDZ right now. He is only 20 playing in the AHL and finally starting to produce. Why would the Rangers give him up for a rental.

To NYR: Kaberle

To TOR: 2nd Round pick
Conditional 5th (Becomes a 4th if we make it past the 1st round, Becomes a 3rd if we make it to the ECF)

mrjimmyg89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 10:42 PM
New Liskeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by umwoz View Post
If the Leafs aren't going to get a top six forward out of Kaberle, then what else are they going to trade him for? It seems a prospect+pick is exactly what they would be looking for. Unless they want to let him walk in an attempt at some sort of playoff run.
Says who, you? Let me break this down for you, and hope it ends this nonsense.

Kaberle has a NTC
Kaberle has said he doesn't want to waive it
Burke said he will not ask Tomas to waive it
Kaberle has said many times he wants to stay and re-sign with the Leafs
Failing all of this, you belive Burke will then trade him for below FMV on Kaberle?

Kaberle will remain a Leaf, end of story.

Old
02-08-2011, 10:44 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

I'm saving all of these quotes for the trade deadline/free agency when all the Leafs fans are horribly wrong.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 10:49 PM
New Liskeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
I'm saving all of these quotes for the trade deadline/free agency when all the Leafs fans are horribly wrong.
Start by quoting my post above yours. Not earth shattering, all facts if you followed the Leafs.

Old
02-08-2011, 11:01 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
The fact of the matter is the other teams do control how much you'll get in return. If you want something in return, for a rental, it's not going to be something significant.

The people who are not high on grachev are the same people not high on MDZ right now. He is only 20 playing in the AHL and finally starting to produce. Why would the Rangers give him up for a rental.

To NYR: Kaberle

To TOR: 2nd Round pick
Conditional 5th (Becomes a 4th if we make it past the 1st round, Becomes a 3rd if we make it to the ECF)
Right. Basic Economics shows us that as the demand rises for a product, the prise will rise. The scarcer that quantity, the higher the price as well.

The more teams that are interested in Kaberle, the higher the price will go.

02-08-2011, 11:01 PM
JeffMangum
I'm v

Look, I can understand why Leaf fans would want the moon for Kaberle. I really do. He's been the one consistent leader and point scorer for the Leafs since the lockout, and is a career Leaf, one of their best.

But he's not the same as he was a few years ago. He's still a top-end offensive defenseman, but he's aging, and he's in the last year of his contract. He also has a NTC, which limits the options for Burke, and pretty much lowers his value. If Burke does the right thing by moving him, a 2nd and a solid prospect is absolutely fair for what Kaberle could potentially bring in the 25 games he plays for the team acquiring him. You could even make it a conditional pick that turns into a 1st if he re-signs. It's fair, and it helps the Leafs build for the future. You can't tell me you'd rather have 25 games of Kaberle as a 13th place team than get assets for him at the deadline. If so, that's incredibly short-sided for your team's future. The Leafs won't be making the playoffs, and having Kaberle for another 8 wees doesn't do anything special in particular for Toronto.

But, I wouldn't keep on expecting players like Kreider back, or things like the Toronto 1st. That's absolutely insane overpayment from the other team for a rental. You have to remember he's a rental, folks. He would easily get much more if he was signed for a few more years, no doubt about that. Just take a look at another similar rental: Brian Campbell. A 1st and a forward needing a change of scenery. Maybe a similar package to Wheeler + Boston's 1st?

Either way, I'm just trying to say that losing Kaberle for nothing would be bad asset management for the Leafs.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 11:06 PM
New Liskeard

Quote:
Look, I can understand why Leaf fans would want the moon for Kaberle. I really do. He's been the one consistent leader and point scorer for the Leafs since the lockout, and is a career Leaf, one of their best.

But he's not the same as he was a few years ago. He's still a top-end offensive defenseman, but he's aging, and he's in the last year of his contract. He also has a NTC, which limits the options for Burke, and pretty much lowers his value. If Burke does the right thing by moving him, a 2nd and a solid prospect is absolutely fair for what Kaberle could potentially bring in the 25 games he plays for the team acquiring him. You could even make it a conditional pick that turns into a 1st if he re-signs. It's fair, and it helps the Leafs build for the future. You can't tell me you'd rather have 25 games of Kaberle as a 13th place team than get assets for him at the deadline. If so, that's incredibly short-sided for your team's future. The Leafs won't be making the playoffs, and having Kaberle for another 8 wees doesn't do anything special in particular for Toronto.

But, I wouldn't keep on expecting players like Kreider back, or things like the Toronto 1st. That's absolutely insane overpayment from the other team for a rental. You have to remember he's a rental, folks. He would easily get much more if he was signed for a few more years, no doubt about that. Just take a look at another similar rental: Brian Campbell. A 1st and a forward needing a change of scenery. Maybe a similar package to Wheeler + Boston's 1st?

Either way, I'm just trying to say that losing Kaberle for nothing would be bad asset management for the Leafs.
Has Kaberle`s play declined? I suppose he is having a sub par year, and on pace for less pts than previous? You may want to check that before making claim to him `not being where he was`. He is older, but his play has not declined.

Old
02-08-2011, 11:07 PM
JeffMangum
I'm v

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML4LIFE View Post
Has Kaberle`s play declined? I suppose he is having a sub par year, and on pace for less pts than previous? You may want to check that before making claim to him `not being where he was`. He is older, but his play has not declined.
Defensively, he's not as sharp. But that's from my viewings of him.

Old
02-08-2011, 11:11 PM
New Liskeard

Quote:
Defensively, he's not as sharp. But that's from my viewings of him.
It`s strange, there was a time he played on the PK, although that may never happen again. He actually is good defensively, positioning and stick work. But because he is not physical, many equate that to being poor defensively. He is good defensively, certainlly not a shut down guy mind you.

Old
02-08-2011, 11:12 PM
JeffMangum
I'm v

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML4LIFE View Post
It`s strange, there was a time he played on the PK, although that may never happen again. He actually is good defensively, positioning and stick work. But because he is not physical, many equate that to being poor defensively. He is good defensively, certainlly not a shut down guy mind you.
I'm not saying he's bad defensively at all, just not as good as he once was.

Old
02-08-2011, 11:16 PM
New Liskeard

Quote:
I'm not saying he's bad defensively at all, just not as good as he once was.
Minus his time on the PK a while back, he has been the same player defensively IMO. Just smarter, and uses his energy, and space more effectively.

Old
02-08-2011, 11:46 PM
KlattNazty

Say you can get confirmation of kaberles resigning in NY. Is kabby enough for Kreider? if not what would leafs need to add.

KlattNazty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 11:51 PM
TrollololBoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamshot View Post
Say you can get confirmation of kaberles resigning in NY. Is kabby enough for Kreider? if not what would leafs need to add.
The leafs would not have to add, as the Ranger won't bother dealing Kreider for Kaberle.

Kaberle is supposed to be the best player in the deal. It would be incredibly stupid to have to add to the 'best player in the deal' to get one prospect.

TrollololBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 12:07 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

I wouldn't offer a 7th rounder for Kaberle. He won't make a dramatic difference with this team. He won't be re-signed.

I feel like this about most rentals though.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote