HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Plus Minus #55 CBJ at PIT

Old
02-08-2011, 08:47 PM
Sideline

vCash: 500
Plus Minus #55 CBJ at PIT

-Letang. Giveaways are bad.

-Godard. No desire for an enforcer debate, but he’s of no on ice value to a team with as much other sand paper as the Penguins.

-Ice time distribution for the WBS guys. Whatever your philosophy on ice time for call ups in no coherent world does Tim Wallace deserve 20%(2 mins) more ice time than Eric Tangradi. 14:21 for Jeffrey? Really? He’s done everything you ask for from a player. Mike Rupp gets 14 minutes…

-Watching 60 minutes of chest sniping. Fleury can be great. The D can be great. Jordan Staal, Tyler Kennedy, and Dustin Jeffrey aren't going to be great as your 3 best offensive players.

Last edited by Sideline: 02-08-2011 at 08:53 PM.
Sideline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 08:50 PM
Pigs On The Wing

- Our entire defense. Left Nash open for the wicked snipe on the first goal. No coverage on the Voracek goal.

Pigs On The Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 08:50 PM
SirBrad

+ nothing

- everything

SirBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 08:52 PM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

My only + is no shut out.

Ugene Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 08:53 PM
UnderratedBrooks44

Some general statements since I missed half of the game in the middle:

+ Kennedy producing in a timely manner. I still can't believe how generally overrated he is around here, but he's the only one that keeps getting on the score sheet at a time when we need guys to step it up a bit.

+ Fleury is a solid, reliable goaltender.

+ Early on I thought Conner was pretty much the only one that looked like he could play.

- Staal needs to do more. I'm not looking for him to magically become a PPG player but he's just not helping much.

- Letang had a tough game I think. Doesn't sound like people think the rest of the D faired well either.

- Agree with Sideline about Jeffrey. He should have had no less than 18 minutes.

UnderratedBrooks44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 08:56 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

+Shero might have to look at this team and realize there is a need for offense beyond Sid and Geno.

eXile59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 08:56 PM
Mondello
Makin' the scene...

- We've got about a months worth, at least, of 2-1 and 3-1 losses.

Mondello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 08:57 PM
cdenn15

-Cooke he's really gotta watch himself
-Godard
-Staal had that nice little move in the 3rd to beat the defender, but he's gotta start showing up on the stat sheet. he is part of this core, and is being paid like one. when the big two are out, the kids gotta step up.

cdenn15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 08:58 PM
PGHSports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideline View Post
-Letang. Giveaways are bad.

-Godard. No desire for an enforcer debate, but he’s of no on ice value to a team with as much other sand paper as the Penguins.

-Ice time distribution for the WBS guys. Whatever your philosophy on ice time for call ups in no coherent world does Tim Wallace deserve 20%(2 mins) more ice time than Eric Tangradi. 14:21 for Jeffrey? Really? He’s done everything you ask for from a player. Mike Rupp gets 14 minutes…

-Watching 60 minutes of chest sniping. Fleury can be great. The D can be great. Jordan Staal, Tyler Kennedy, and Dustin Jeffrey aren't going to be great as your 3 best offensive players.

Its funny.. We just had our best player taken out by a cheap shot and people still cry over carrying guys like Rupp, Engelland, Godard..

PGHSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 09:00 PM
cassius

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
+Shero might have to look at this team and realize there is a need for offense beyond Sid and Geno.
Agreed. I've been saying this for a while.

Also - anyone else still think Staal is a top 6 center on any team other than the Pens? Ya - didn't think do. It's amazing how such a high draft pick still shoots like a girl this far into his career.

cassius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 09:02 PM
DreamBeaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGHSports View Post
Its funny.. We just had our best player taken out by a cheap shot and people still cry over carrying guys like Rupp, Engelland, Godard..
you just proved his point, man.

DreamBeaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Sideline

Quote:
I love Engelland. He ****s people up and generally wrecks the other team's tough guy. He also seems to avoid the dumb penalties guys like Rupp and Godard take. All the while he plays a semi-competent 6th dman role. Rupp as well can play *some* hockey. What the hell does Godard do other than punch people?

Hockey players that fight = good.

Hockey players that fight and take dumb penalties= debatable.

Fighters that do nothing else to help the team and take dumb penalties=bad.

Old
The Old Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassius View Post

Also - anyone else still think Staal is a top 6 center on any team other than the Pens? Ya - didn't think do. It's amazing how such a high draft pick still shoots like a girl this far into his career.
he's missed a lot of hockey this year....he's not going to be himself for a wile yet.not every one is a 66. imo

Last edited by The Old Master: 02-08-2011 at 09:10 PM.
The Old Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 09:03 PM
UnderratedBrooks44

Quote:
You just proved the opposite argument. Yes we have all those guys and look at us now: our two best players are hurt and both may not play the rest of the year. What are they preventing exactly?

Old
02-08-2011, 09:04 PM
UnderratedBrooks44

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassius View Post

People think he's going to turn into Eric that's all. He's not. They also think he shuts down opposing stars, which he doesn't.

Old
02-08-2011, 09:05 PM
PGHSports

Quote:
I love Engelland. He ****s people up and generally wrecks the other team's tough guy. He also seems to avoid the dumb penalties guys like Rupp and Godard take. All the while he plays a semi-competent 6th dman role. Rupp as well can play *some* hockey. What the hell does Godard do other than punch people?

When this team is healthy your 4th line is going to get minimal minutes. I much rather a guy like Godard get minimal minutes then a player like Tangradi who still needs some development in the AHL.

Also Shero and Bylsma have no problem inserting him, his teammates like him, and he accepts his role, thats all good with me.

Ill take their word over a few fans on a message board.

Old
02-08-2011, 09:07 PM
PGHSports

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderratedBrooks44 View Post
You just proved the opposite argument. Yes we have all those guys and look at us now: our two best players are hurt and both may not play the rest of the year. What are they preventing exactly?
They should have handled Heckman, but if memory serves me right, both Godard and Engelland were scratched that game. Hard to get Hedman when your in the press box. I thought they handled Steckel fine.

Old
02-08-2011, 09:08 PM
UnderratedBrooks44

Quote:
They should have handled Heckman, but if memory serves me right, both Godard and Engelland were scratched that game. Hard to get Hedman when your in the press box. I thought they handled Steckel fine.
Yet Crosby is nowhere to be found. A lot of good it did fighting Steckel after the fact. Good thing we have those guys.

PS-I would wager at least one of Rupp/Asham was in the lineup when Hedman hit him.

Old
02-08-2011, 09:12 PM
PGHSports

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderratedBrooks44 View Post
Yet Crosby is nowhere to be found. A lot of good it did fighting Steckel after the fact. Good thing we have those guys.

PS-I would wager at least one of Rupp/Asham was in the lineup when Hedman hit him.
Asham left in the first period..

Its funny, last year people complained in the playoffs we weren't tough enough. This year we had the second best record in the NHL having the second most majors and playing a physical style, now two losses and everyone wants everyone cut...

Like I said, I will take Bylsma and Shero thoughts on a player over anyone on this board.

Old
02-08-2011, 09:13 PM
Sideline

Quote:
When this team is healthy your 4th line is going to get minimal minutes. I much rather a guy like Godard get minimal minutes then a player like Tangradi who still needs some development in the AHL.

Also Shero and Bylsma have no problem inserting him, his teammates like him, and he accepts his role, thats all good with me.

Ill take their word over a few fans on a message board.
Yeah, I get that Godard's a well like guy. I get that Shero likes having a tough line up. Godard has 6 minors in 17 games. Parros has 4 minors in 53 games.

If Mike Rupp took 30-50% fewer penalties I'd like him. Other guys that play his game don't take the same number of retarded penalties. Mike Rupp has the most minor penalties per minute of ice time of any player in the NHL.

It doesn't matter what side of the enforcer/tough guy debate you're on. The guys on this team are demonstrably worse than similar options.

Old
02-08-2011, 09:14 PM
pens83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Master View Post
he's mist a lot of hockey this year....he's not going to be himself for a wile yet.not every one is a 66. imo
I've never been a big staal fan; I think he is extremely overpaid. Everyone complains that he never gets enough playing time but he countinues to struggle offensively. Shero dropped the ball big time by not taking toews or backstrom over staal. He knew staal would not develop over night offensively. We are going on 4 years now. He is young but has player in a bunch of games. He simply is not stepping up when we need him the most

pens83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 09:18 PM
UnderratedBrooks44

Quote:

Its funny, last year people complained in the playoffs we weren't tough enough. This year we had the second best record in the NHL having the second most majors and playing a physical style, now two losses and everyone wants everyone cut...

Like I said, I will take Bylsma and Shero thoughts on a player over anyone on this board.
If someone said we weren't tough enough last year I must have missed it. We lost to Montreal because defensively we sucked, Fleury sucked, and Montreal suffocated Crosby and Malkin and we had no scoring depth. Nice try though.

Okay so you side with Bylsma and Shero. You still haven't done anything but argue against yourself as to why it's good to have a bunch of no talent goons on the team.

Old
02-08-2011, 09:20 PM
pens83*

Quote:

Isn't asham always hurt?
he has just been worthless

pens83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 09:23 PM
jdpitt05

- Godard is beyond worthless. He adds nothing positive to our team on the ice.
- Tim Wallace was largely ineffective.
- Tangradi needs more ice time on a better line.

jdpitt05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 09:25 PM
Rakunitz23

Quote:

We might have lost, but Lovejoy played real well in the 3rd. Not really his fault his passes were too hard for anyone to get. I'd rather have Lovejoy in than Engelland, especially with so much missing offensively.

Rakunitz23 is offline   Reply With Quote