HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Plus Minus #55 CBJ at PIT

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-08-2011, 08:47 PM
  #1
Sideline
Registered User
 
Sideline's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,989
vCash: 500
Plus Minus #55 CBJ at PIT

-Letang. Giveaways are bad.

-Godard. No desire for an enforcer debate, but he’s of no on ice value to a team with as much other sand paper as the Penguins.

-Ice time distribution for the WBS guys. Whatever your philosophy on ice time for call ups in no coherent world does Tim Wallace deserve 20%(2 mins) more ice time than Eric Tangradi. 14:21 for Jeffrey? Really? He’s done everything you ask for from a player. Mike Rupp gets 14 minutes…

-Watching 60 minutes of chest sniping. Fleury can be great. The D can be great. Jordan Staal, Tyler Kennedy, and Dustin Jeffrey aren't going to be great as your 3 best offensive players.


Last edited by Sideline: 02-08-2011 at 08:53 PM.
Sideline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 08:50 PM
  #2
Pigs On The Wing
Registered User
 
Pigs On The Wing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 2,908
vCash: 500
- Our entire defense. Left Nash open for the wicked snipe on the first goal. No coverage on the Voracek goal.

Pigs On The Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 08:50 PM
  #3
SirBrad
Registered User
 
SirBrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ via Pgh
Country: United States
Posts: 4,657
vCash: 500
+ nothing

- everything

SirBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 08:52 PM
  #4
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!
 
Ugene Malkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: Germany
Posts: 21,147
vCash: 500
My only + is no shut out.

Ugene Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 08:53 PM
  #5
UnderratedBrooks44
Registered User
 
UnderratedBrooks44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Miranda's house
Posts: 12,796
vCash: 500
Some general statements since I missed half of the game in the middle:

+ Kennedy producing in a timely manner. I still can't believe how generally overrated he is around here, but he's the only one that keeps getting on the score sheet at a time when we need guys to step it up a bit.

+ Fleury is a solid, reliable goaltender.

+ Early on I thought Conner was pretty much the only one that looked like he could play.

- Staal needs to do more. I'm not looking for him to magically become a PPG player but he's just not helping much.

- Letang had a tough game I think. Doesn't sound like people think the rest of the D faired well either.

- Agree with Sideline about Jeffrey. He should have had no less than 18 minutes.

UnderratedBrooks44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 08:56 PM
  #6
eXile59
Shirts on.
 
eXile59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 16,222
vCash: 500
+Shero might have to look at this team and realize there is a need for offense beyond Sid and Geno.

eXile59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 08:56 PM
  #7
Mondello
Makin' the scene...
 
Mondello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: PGH, PA
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,501
vCash: 500
- We've got about a months worth, at least, of 2-1 and 3-1 losses.

Mondello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 08:57 PM
  #8
cdenn15
Registered User
 
cdenn15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 449
vCash: 500
-Cooke he's really gotta watch himself
-Godard
-Staal had that nice little move in the 3rd to beat the defender, but he's gotta start showing up on the stat sheet. he is part of this core, and is being paid like one. when the big two are out, the kids gotta step up.

cdenn15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 08:58 PM
  #9
PGHSports
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideline View Post
-Letang. Giveaways are bad.

-Godard. No desire for an enforcer debate, but he’s of no on ice value to a team with as much other sand paper as the Penguins.

-Ice time distribution for the WBS guys. Whatever your philosophy on ice time for call ups in no coherent world does Tim Wallace deserve 20%(2 mins) more ice time than Eric Tangradi. 14:21 for Jeffrey? Really? He’s done everything you ask for from a player. Mike Rupp gets 14 minutes…

-Watching 60 minutes of chest sniping. Fleury can be great. The D can be great. Jordan Staal, Tyler Kennedy, and Dustin Jeffrey aren't going to be great as your 3 best offensive players.

Its funny.. We just had our best player taken out by a cheap shot and people still cry over carrying guys like Rupp, Engelland, Godard..

PGHSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 09:00 PM
  #10
cassius
Registered User
 
cassius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,913
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
+Shero might have to look at this team and realize there is a need for offense beyond Sid and Geno.
Agreed. I've been saying this for a while.

Also - anyone else still think Staal is a top 6 center on any team other than the Pens? Ya - didn't think do. It's amazing how such a high draft pick still shoots like a girl this far into his career.

cassius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 09:02 PM
  #11
DreamBeaut
Registered User
 
DreamBeaut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 4,981
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGHSports View Post
Its funny.. We just had our best player taken out by a cheap shot and people still cry over carrying guys like Rupp, Engelland, Godard..
you just proved his point, man.

DreamBeaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 09:02 PM
  #12
Sideline
Registered User
 
Sideline's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,989
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGHSports View Post
Its funny.. We just had our best player taken out by a cheap shot and people still cry over carrying guys like Rupp, Engelland, Godard..
I love Engelland. He ****s people up and generally wrecks the other team's tough guy. He also seems to avoid the dumb penalties guys like Rupp and Godard take. All the while he plays a semi-competent 6th dman role. Rupp as well can play *some* hockey. What the hell does Godard do other than punch people?

Hockey players that fight = good.

Hockey players that fight and take dumb penalties= debatable.

Fighters that do nothing else to help the team and take dumb penalties=bad.

Sideline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 09:02 PM
  #13
The Old Master
Registered User
 
The Old Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: burgh
Country: United States
Posts: 5,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassius View Post
Agreed. I've been saying this for a while.

Also - anyone else still think Staal is a top 6 center on any team other than the Pens? Ya - didn't think do. It's amazing how such a high draft pick still shoots like a girl this far into his career.
he's missed a lot of hockey this year....he's not going to be himself for a wile yet.not every one is a 66. imo


Last edited by The Old Master: 02-08-2011 at 09:10 PM.
The Old Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 09:03 PM
  #14
UnderratedBrooks44
Registered User
 
UnderratedBrooks44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Miranda's house
Posts: 12,796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGHSports View Post
Its funny.. We just had our best player taken out by a cheap shot and people still cry over carrying guys like Rupp, Engelland, Godard..
You just proved the opposite argument. Yes we have all those guys and look at us now: our two best players are hurt and both may not play the rest of the year. What are they preventing exactly?

UnderratedBrooks44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 09:04 PM
  #15
UnderratedBrooks44
Registered User
 
UnderratedBrooks44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Miranda's house
Posts: 12,796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassius View Post
Agreed. I've been saying this for a while.

Also - anyone else still think Staal is a top 6 center on any team other than the Pens? Ya - didn't think do. It's amazing how such a high draft pick still shoots like a girl this far into his career.
People think he's going to turn into Eric that's all. He's not. They also think he shuts down opposing stars, which he doesn't.

UnderratedBrooks44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 09:05 PM
  #16
PGHSports
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideline View Post
I love Engelland. He ****s people up and generally wrecks the other team's tough guy. He also seems to avoid the dumb penalties guys like Rupp and Godard take. All the while he plays a semi-competent 6th dman role. Rupp as well can play *some* hockey. What the hell does Godard do other than punch people?

Hockey players that fight = good.

Hockey players that fight and take dumb penalties= debatable.

Fighters that do nothing else to help the team and take dumb penalties=bad.
When this team is healthy your 4th line is going to get minimal minutes. I much rather a guy like Godard get minimal minutes then a player like Tangradi who still needs some development in the AHL.

Also Shero and Bylsma have no problem inserting him, his teammates like him, and he accepts his role, thats all good with me.

Ill take their word over a few fans on a message board.

PGHSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 09:07 PM
  #17
PGHSports
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderratedBrooks44 View Post
You just proved the opposite argument. Yes we have all those guys and look at us now: our two best players are hurt and both may not play the rest of the year. What are they preventing exactly?
They should have handled Heckman, but if memory serves me right, both Godard and Engelland were scratched that game. Hard to get Hedman when your in the press box. I thought they handled Steckel fine.

PGHSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 09:08 PM
  #18
UnderratedBrooks44
Registered User
 
UnderratedBrooks44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Miranda's house
Posts: 12,796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGHSports View Post
They should have handled Heckman, but if memory serves me right, both Godard and Engelland were scratched that game. Hard to get Hedman when your in the press box. I thought they handled Steckel fine.
Yet Crosby is nowhere to be found. A lot of good it did fighting Steckel after the fact. Good thing we have those guys.

PS-I would wager at least one of Rupp/Asham was in the lineup when Hedman hit him.

UnderratedBrooks44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 09:12 PM
  #19
PGHSports
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderratedBrooks44 View Post
Yet Crosby is nowhere to be found. A lot of good it did fighting Steckel after the fact. Good thing we have those guys.

PS-I would wager at least one of Rupp/Asham was in the lineup when Hedman hit him.
Asham left in the first period..

Its funny, last year people complained in the playoffs we weren't tough enough. This year we had the second best record in the NHL having the second most majors and playing a physical style, now two losses and everyone wants everyone cut...

Like I said, I will take Bylsma and Shero thoughts on a player over anyone on this board.

PGHSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 09:13 PM
  #20
Sideline
Registered User
 
Sideline's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,989
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGHSports View Post
When this team is healthy your 4th line is going to get minimal minutes. I much rather a guy like Godard get minimal minutes then a player like Tangradi who still needs some development in the AHL.

Also Shero and Bylsma have no problem inserting him, his teammates like him, and he accepts his role, thats all good with me.

Ill take their word over a few fans on a message board.
Yeah, I get that Godard's a well like guy. I get that Shero likes having a tough line up. Godard has 6 minors in 17 games. Parros has 4 minors in 53 games.

If Mike Rupp took 30-50% fewer penalties I'd like him. Other guys that play his game don't take the same number of retarded penalties. Mike Rupp has the most minor penalties per minute of ice time of any player in the NHL.


It doesn't matter what side of the enforcer/tough guy debate you're on. The guys on this team are demonstrably worse than similar options.

Sideline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 09:14 PM
  #21
pens83*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 250
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Master View Post
he's mist a lot of hockey this year....he's not going to be himself for a wile yet.not every one is a 66. imo
I've never been a big staal fan; I think he is extremely overpaid. Everyone complains that he never gets enough playing time but he countinues to struggle offensively. Shero dropped the ball big time by not taking toews or backstrom over staal. He knew staal would not develop over night offensively. We are going on 4 years now. He is young but has player in a bunch of games. He simply is not stepping up when we need him the most

pens83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 09:18 PM
  #22
UnderratedBrooks44
Registered User
 
UnderratedBrooks44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Miranda's house
Posts: 12,796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGHSports View Post
Asham left in the first period..

Its funny, last year people complained in the playoffs we weren't tough enough. This year we had the second best record in the NHL having the second most majors and playing a physical style, now two losses and everyone wants everyone cut...

Like I said, I will take Bylsma and Shero thoughts on a player over anyone on this board.
If someone said we weren't tough enough last year I must have missed it. We lost to Montreal because defensively we sucked, Fleury sucked, and Montreal suffocated Crosby and Malkin and we had no scoring depth. Nice try though.

Okay so you side with Bylsma and Shero. You still haven't done anything but argue against yourself as to why it's good to have a bunch of no talent goons on the team.

UnderratedBrooks44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 09:20 PM
  #23
pens83*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 250
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGHSports View Post
Asham left in the first period..

Its funny, last year people complained in the playoffs we weren't tough enough. This year we had the second best record in the NHL having the second most majors and playing a physical style, now two losses and everyone wants everyone cut...

Like I said, I will take Bylsma and Shero thoughts on a player over anyone on this board.
Isn't asham always hurt?
he has just been worthless

pens83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 09:23 PM
  #24
jdpitt05
Registered User
 
jdpitt05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 1,866
vCash: 500
- Godard is beyond worthless. He adds nothing positive to our team on the ice.
- Tim Wallace was largely ineffective.
- Tangradi needs more ice time on a better line.

jdpitt05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 09:25 PM
  #25
Rakunitz23
Registered User
 
Rakunitz23's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 989
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideline View Post
I love Engelland. He ****s people up and generally wrecks the other team's tough guy. He also seems to avoid the dumb penalties guys like Rupp and Godard take. All the while he plays a semi-competent 6th dman role. Rupp as well can play *some* hockey. What the hell does Godard do other than punch people?

Hockey players that fight = good.

Hockey players that fight and take dumb penalties= debatable.

Fighters that do nothing else to help the team and take dumb penalties=bad.
We might have lost, but Lovejoy played real well in the 3rd. Not really his fault his passes were too hard for anyone to get. I'd rather have Lovejoy in than Engelland, especially with so much missing offensively.

Rakunitz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.