HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Sather is listening to offers for Marian Gaborik

Old
02-10-2011, 02:29 PM
SirPaste

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
EJ?
That wont happen, i meant realisticly

SirPaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 02:30 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinghock View Post
Gaborik had only one good year out of last three:

Year Team GP G A Pts +/-
2008-09 MIN 17 13 10 23 3
2009-10 NYR 76 42 44 86 15
2010-11 NYR 42 16 18 34 1
How about taking games played into consideration?

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 02:34 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Injuries issue and 7.5 m cap hit per year. He scored 86 points in 76 games last year.
What about this year?
He is not very good this year

I would trade Dustin Brown (3.5m), Willie Mitchell (3.5m), and Kings 1st for Gaborik.
You would trade Brown? First of all his cap hit is 3.175, not 3.5. He still has three more years on a GREAT contract, he's only 26 years old, he never gets injured, and he's our captain. I thank god your not the Kings GM.

Last edited by ScoreZeGoals: 02-10-2011 at 02:43 PM.
ScoreZeGoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 02:43 PM
GE0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalfdiggity3 View Post
get over the injuries issue, ur living in the past kid. its been 3 years since his last major injury.

GE0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 02:51 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalfdiggity3 View Post
get over the injuries issue, ur living in the past kid. its been 3 years since his last major injury. Hes doing this all without another legit top scoring option or a center who can distribute the puck. Put him with a top center and he will DOMINATE.

HAHA id piss on that offer if i was Sather. Sather doesnt get fleeced in trading sorry to ruin ur high. Dustin Brown would love, willi mitchell isnt wanted and the kings 1st is basically a 2nd rounder with gaborik on your team.

We would want a Top Prospect (Schenn), Dustin Brown and your 1st. for Gaborik and a 4th
First of all if Gaborik plays every game the rest of the year he will only play 68 games this year. That means that he will have missed just over 17% of the season!! There are still injury concerns with him.

So let me get this straight, you want the Kings to trade one of the best prospects in hockey, their first line 26 year old RW captain signed at a great cap hit AND a first round pick .........for a guy who is great (when healthy), but can't stay healthy and who carries a 7.5 million dollar cap hit? Good luck with that

Old
02-10-2011, 03:00 PM
kinghock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
You would trade Brown? First of all his cap hit is 3.175, not 3.5. He still has three more years on a GREAT contract, he's only 26 years old, he never gets injured, and he's our captain. I thank god your not the Kings GM.
Did you notice how low scoring Kings first line is now? May be having Brown there has something to do with it.

kinghock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 03:06 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Did you notice how low scoring Kings first line is now? May be having Brown there has something to do with it.
Brown has 18 goals and 21 assists, plays a good two-way game and is third in the league in hits. You realize thats more goals and assists then Gaborik right? Don't give me any junk about games played either, that's part of the issue with Gaborik

Old
02-10-2011, 03:23 PM
TreeSapLlama

The whole knock on Gaborik being injury prone now is rediculous. His chronic injury issues were with his groin. If he missed time due to groin issues this year, then you would have a good argument. He had major surgery that fixed his chronic groin issues. His injury this year was a seperated shoulder. Do people not realize how easy it is to seperate your shoulder, and that it can happen to any player at any time from even a light hit into the boards at the right spot?

Regardless, the Rangers should keep Gaborik because he is an elite talent. The Kings should keep Schenn because he is a blue chip prospect. Everyone wins.

TreeSapLlama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 03:27 PM
chipper
Thrashers forever

Send a message via AIM to chipper
Thrashers would be a perfect fit, just depends on what we'd give up. Obviously it'd be a lot.

chipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 03:32 PM
kinghock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
Brown has 18 goals and 21 assists, plays a good two-way game and is third in the league in hits. You realize thats more goals and assists then Gaborik right? Don't give me any junk about games played either, that's part of the issue with Gaborik

You are comparing Brown good year to Gaborik not so good year.
Brown’s good two-way game is good for second line, but not for first line.

kinghock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 03:42 PM
NYR Viper

I would highly doubt Brown would be included in a deal for Gaborik anyways. I would think Lombardi would want to add to his roster now and in the future without moving his young captain. That is why Schenn makes the most sense. You subtract pretty much nothing from your current NHL roster.

Schenn + Voynov + 1st '11

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 03:43 PM
SLNP
Gettin' Sykie wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to SLNP
I don't think Gaborik is going anywhere. Rangers would be dumb to give up on him after one down year. I think the rumors are just a subtle kick in the rump to let Gabby know to get it in gear.

SLNP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 03:54 PM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeSapLlama View Post
The whole knock on Gaborik being injury prone now is rediculous. His chronic injury issues were with his groin. If he missed time due to groin issues this year, then you would have a good argument. He had major surgery that fixed his chronic groin issues. His injury this year was a seperated shoulder. Do people not realize how easy it is to seperate your shoulder, and that it can happen to any player at any time from even a light hit into the boards at the right spot?

Regardless, the Rangers should keep Gaborik because he is an elite talent. The Kings should keep Schenn because he is a blue chip prospect. Everyone wins.
It may not be fair, but when you take a player who's been in the league for 10 years and he has played in 65 or fewer games 4/10 seasons, regardless of major surgery to fix the primary problem, the guy is going to be considered an injury concern. Hell, in 06-07 he played roughly half a season and then he missed almost an entire season in 08-09 (just two years ago); who's to say that surgery actually fixed everything?

It's kind of the Lindros effect; you have a guy who, when healthy, is the focal point of his team's offense and needs to be counted on. You can't, in good conscience, just bank on Gaborik playing 75+ games for the next five seasons.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 04:06 PM
FootKnight
This ****ing team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeSapLlama View Post

He's injury prone regardless of where the current injury is. We have Williams, we know what that is.

FootKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 04:20 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
You are comparing Brown good year to Gaborik not so good year.
Brown’s good two-way game is good for second line, but not for first line.
Come on man. Brown is going to end-up right around his career averages.

Every other year Gaborik has a not so good year either due to his play or injury.

This year, below average for his talent and pay.
Last year 42 goals 44 assists. Great!!
08-09 17 games played
07-08 42 goals 41 assists . Great!!
06-07 48 games played
05-06 38 goals. Great! (But he still only played 65 games)
no 04-05 season
03-04 18 goals, 22 assists, 65 games played.

This is a trend. Gakorik is a very risky player to giving that kind of money to, let alone give the kind of assets your throwing around

Old
02-10-2011, 06:14 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
This is what I was thinking, but I don't care, the Kings need him Anything but Schenn and the obvious ones, and you have yourselves a deal.

Gaborik has a lot of problems with things connected to his feet.
It's still Marian Gaborik.

You're most likely going to have to give up Schenn, Forbort, or another one of your top 3-5 prospects along with a 1st, especially with what Mike Fisher just got...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPaste View Post
That wont happen, i meant realisticly
I wouldn't say that if I were you.

Look at what Mike Fisher just got.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 07:41 PM
bleedblue94

as a rangers fan i think its ridiculous to expect the kings to put brown in any deal. we scream if teams want cally, and brown is the kings version of cally.

that being said i think a deal of gaborik for schenn and simmonds would make the most sense. schenn is a fantastic prospect but he is a prospect. kings can NOT afford to miss the playoffs this year and people know this, but that does not justify absolute stupidity in trades. simmons is a great young player who is offensively underachieving right now but would fit with what the rangers are doing here.

just my two cents

bleedblue94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 08:12 PM
FOXHOUND*

I would like to get seguin and Tor 1st for a package of Gaborik +
Boston fans - fill in that plus!

FOXHOUND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 08:29 PM
racer90

how could boston take on that salary with no other big contract going back to NY?

racer90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 08:32 PM
FOXHOUND*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only Bieber View Post
how could boston take on that salary with no other big contract going back to NY?
I'll admit it's not a complete proposal, kinks would need to be worked out for sure, but I'm talking about the core of the deal

FOXHOUND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 08:41 PM
Jzk

vCash: 4000
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
EJ?
I'd make that trade so fast assuming we could afford Gaboriks contract.

Jzk is offline   Reply With Quote