HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Volchenkov suspended 3 games for elbow

Old
02-09-2011, 05:34 PM
njdevsfn95
Help JJJ, Sprite.

vCash: 500
the inconsistency is driving me insane

njdevsfn95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 05:50 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

RG posted a bit of this earlier, but puck daddy I believe updated the whole thing

Dano on Cooke;

Quote:
"I played against Matt Cooke, and [Devils announcer] Doc Emrick has let it be known that we used to have epic battles. Even when I was older, he used to get under my skin so bad that I wanted to two-hand him over the head. And I probably should have, and taken the suspension back then. (Laughs)

"However, he is a valuable player. He does his job. He is an agitator. But right now, enough is enough. The guy can skate, hit ... he just doesn't get it, and I don't know if he knows any better.

"I watched that play over and over, hitting Tyutin from behind. Now, some people say that players have to protect themselves, and I don't know why they turn their bodies to the boards. But he was gliding. He had some time to react, to go in gingerly, and he doesn't. He just does not know any better, or he just won't change.

So what's the solution? Here's Daneyko's:

"I'm as crazy as this: The NHL [should declare] open season for one week on Matt Cooke. You won't get suspended. Then we'll see if he'll continue [his behavior] for the rest of the season or his career."

Wingman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 05:52 PM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyincognito View Post

I do think the OH GOD, YOU'VE RUINED OUR PLAYOFF CHANCES posts are hilarious. as if.
Look, gc, the Devils do have a longshot of making it but AT LEAST we can say they have that shot and if they fail to get it, so be it. But we don't need Bettman/Campbell to help hinder their chances, though...however minute as they are.

glenwo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 05:53 PM
BrodeursCups

Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
Cooke only getting a mere one more game than Volch sums up how inconsistent and incompetent the NHL is.

It's an embarrassment..

BrodeursCups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 06:01 PM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
Like I said, he Aaron Warded the game yesterday, but he was solid other than that game.

We need this to happen over the next 3

The Canes schedule looks tough for their next three:

Philly L, TB L, ATL L.

Thrash have Rags L, Canes W, Phoenix L.

The Leafs have us L, Montreal L and Boston L.

Buffalo: Florida L, NYI L and MTL. L

Florida: Philly L, San Jose L and Buffalo W

Us: Leafs W, Sharks W, Canes W

It's basically needing a miracle with a lot of help. Which never happens, you know 3 game swings are gonna happen, and it's nearly impossible. But that's what we're looking at.

Hey DF, how about needing this to happen over the next 3 :

WIN, WIN, AND WIN.

And let the chips fall where they may.

Old
02-09-2011, 07:04 PM
JerseySideOfTheRiver
Geaux Devils

just got home. seeing this makes me furious because that peice of **** matt cooke didnt get suspended for his knee to knee hit on ovechkin. finally gets 4 for yet another dirty hit. and volchenkov gets 3 games even though he has never ever done anything like this before. I could understand a fine or 1 game but 3 games? c'mon nhl

JerseySideOfTheRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 07:08 PM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

Yeah Versus, you are right, this falls righhhht in line.

ILikeItVeryMuch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 07:48 PM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
Chapter President

vCash: 178
I guess he should have gotten 6 games now that versus and jr have shown me the light

Richer's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 07:55 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ckeyman View Post
I know it's customary to be biased and not want your guys to get suspended(I do it all the time) But I am shocked that a majority of you guys really thought this was undeserving of a suspension. It was a pretty blatant elbow. While I agree that Cooke's hit was worse, both clearly deserved and were going to get a suspension.
There's always gotta be a Ranger fan throwing in their two cents. The majority of us do believe it warrants a suspension due to the 0 tolerance policy. However, when you have guys like Cooke and Carter throwing out similar hits and not receiving suspensions, plus Jordan Staal snuffing people in the face, a three game suspension is unfair. It shows inconsistency on the league's part. And if you scroll through to page 4 or 5 of this thread (I don't remember which one) you will find a picture of Volchenkov throwing that "blatant elbow" with his shoulder. It's that typical Scott Stevens-esque follow through that makes it look like a elbow when it's really not.

Volchenkov deserved a one game suspension. Three games is completely unjustifiable.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 09:58 PM
DevilDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeursCups View Post
Cooke only getting a mere one more game than Volch sums up how inconsistent and incompetent the NHL is.

It's an embarrassment..
Agreed. The double standards in this league are as glaring as they are embarrassing.

DevilDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 10:43 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkson Falls Down View Post
The consistency is the problem, not the hit itself. How does Volchenkov get games when Carter and Boyle don't?

The system is completely broken. I almost think Campbell picks the number of games out of a hat.
This is my biggest problem with the disciplinary system too. It's clear there is no rhyme or reason why some players get the suspensions they do.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 04:45 PM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

nevermind.

Last edited by glenwo2: 02-10-2011 at 04:50 PM. Reason: I suck, that's my reason.