HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

St. Louis and Boston

Old
02-09-2011, 01:53 PM
intangible

vCash: 500
St. Louis and Boston

Boston's willing to trade the first rounder and has cap space. St. Louis has extra cap space and may decide to look towards next season and beyond. They seem to be nice trading partners in recent history. That said...

St. Louis receives: TOR 1st round pick

Boston receives: Patrick Berglund, 3 or 4th round pick

In my mind, Boston is getting a former 1st round pick who has a lot of potential and has proven he puts up points in the NHL. As he's a center, he would replace Savard. And he'll likely be an affordable RFA.

In return, St. Louis gets a nicely placed first rounder who may or may not be game ready next year.

Thoughts?

intangible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 01:55 PM
Lord Ahriman

Obviously not.

Lord Ahriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 01:56 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by intangible View Post
Boston's willing to trade the first rounder and has cap space. St. Louis has extra cap space and may decide to look towards next season and beyond. They seem to be nice trading partners in recent history. That said...

St. Louis receives: TOR 1st +

Boston receives: Erik Johnson

In my mind, Boston is getting a former 1st round pick who has a lot of potential and has proven he puts up points in the NHL. As he's a center, he would replace Savard. And he'll likely be an affordable RFA.

In return, St. Louis gets a nicely placed first rounder who may or may not be game ready next year.

Thoughts?
Thats the only way I can see you getting the Tor 1st...as unlikely as it seems.

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 02:00 PM
UConn126
Bass Player.

Toronto 1st for Pietrangelo

UConn126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 02:01 PM
KrugLife
Registered Champion

TOR 1st, Hamil, BOS 3rd (conditional to a 2nd)
for EJ

KrugLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 02:03 PM
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.

You spelled Erik Johnson's name incorrectly.

Kaoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 02:06 PM
Diskothek

Boston isn't interested in replacing Savard, at least not at this time.

We're in the market for a playmaking Dman who is lethal on the PP.

Diskothek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 02:07 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
You spelled Erik Johnson's name incorrectly.
Who did?

Old
02-09-2011, 02:08 PM
KrugLife
Registered Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas View Post
Who did?
I think he meant the OP

KrugLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 02:10 PM
Oshie97

Blues are 6 points out with 2 games in hand and getting healthy again, no way we trade young talent that is producing even if it is for a high 1st round. It would be a step back of a yr or two for the organization. If we are out of it around the deadline Conklin, Brewer or Cola, and Boyes are a few names that would be available.

Oshie97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 02:10 PM
umwoz

Maybe it's just me, but I'd say it takes a fair bit more than a lottery pick to get EJ.

umwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 02:11 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguination View Post
I think he meant the OP
Ha, I get it.

Touche.

Old
02-09-2011, 02:12 PM
Bruins4Lifer
HFBoards Sponsor

Hell no.

next.

Bruins4Lifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 02:13 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
The tempo of St Louis' rebuild doesn't really have them trading young core players for picks at this point.

Now, its realistic for them to trade guys like Brewer, Boyes....maybe Jackman. I'm not saying they WILL move any of them, but those are the players that are probably more likely on the market.

Having said that, the team is in the mode of pushing to get back into the playoffs right now. They've gotten MOSTLY healthy (Perron is still out faking a concussion) and will likely not be far enough out at the deadline to become wholesale 'sellers'.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 02:14 PM
HooliganX2

I think it would be stupid from both sides. Boston needs a defenseman not a center. The Toronto 1st in this years draft will not bring you a player the caliber of EJ or Pietrangelo so any Boston fans suggesting it are being homers.

The Toronto pick is currently #5 and I doubt they will fall below any of the teams below them in the standings. I could see the pick being in the 7-10 range even.

With the 5th pick I doubt you will be able to draft anyone that has the talent of Berglund and are as NHL ready.

Berglund is not playing up to his potential yet but IMO still has the potential to be as good or better then any player in the draft this year.

Not a Smart move for the Blues or Boston as Boston could draft Murphy who would fill their needs a lot more then Berglund would. For the Blues at I don't see the #5 pick this year being a player as good as Berglund is.

I kind of think Boston fans are over valuing the #5 pick in this years draft. I know things could change but I doubt they move into the top 4. Jersey could potentially move lower then them but still doubtful with their starting goalie out for a bit.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 02:19 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
I think it would be stupid from both sides. Boston needs a defenseman not a center. The Toronto 1st in this years draft will not bring you a player the caliber of EJ or Pietrangelo so any Boston fans suggesting it are being homers.

The Toronto pick is currently #5 and I doubt they will fall below any of the teams below them in the standings. I could see the pick being in the 7-10 range even.

With the 5th pick I doubt you will be able to draft anyone that has the talent of Berglund and are as NHL ready.

Berglund is not playing up to his potential yet but IMO still has the potential to be as good or better then any player in the draft this year.

Not a Smart move for the Blues or Boston as Boston could draft Murphy who would fill their needs a lot more then Berglund would. For the Blues at #5 I don't see any player as good as Berglund is.
You can keep Berglund, and Boston won't be drafting for need. Murphy is way too small to play in the NHL next year and I highly doubt hed be a solid contributor the following year. By then anything coudl happen.

And thats why I put Erik Johnson for TOR 1st +...

And we're homers for not wanting to trade a top five pick for something we actually need? Berglund isn't our highest priority right now, we're doing fine offensively.

Old
02-09-2011, 02:26 PM
HooliganX2

Quote:
You can keep Berglund, and Boston won't be drafting for need. Murphy is way too small to play in the NHL next year and I highly doubt hed be a solid contributor the following year. By then anything coudl happen.

And thats why I put Erik Johnson for TOR 1st +...

And we're homers for not wanting to trade a top five pick for something we actually need? Berglund isn't our highest priority right now, we're doing fine offensively.
LoL I wasn't talking about you but the #5 pick in this years draft is not close in value to Johnson or Pietrangelo.

If you read my post I said that Boston needs a defenseman way more then they do Berglund so it makes not sense for Boston. But you have to also agree that the #5 pick this year most likely wont be a player that can help the Blues next season as much as Berglund can. So it makes little sense for the Blues to do the trade also. I think Larsson and Couturier will be the two most likely to play in the NHL next season. Landeskog may also play in the NHL next season. I think Nugent-Hopkins will need to fill out a little more first. Outside of those 4 I think Berglund had as much upside as anyone in the draft.

I doubt the #5 pick brings a player ready to put up 50 points in the NHL next season. Berglund should put up at least 50 points next season.

Old
02-09-2011, 02:30 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
LoL I wasn't talking about you but the #5 pick in this years draft is not close in value to Johnson or Pietrangelo.

If you read my post I said that Boston needs a defenseman way more then they do Berglund so it makes not sense for Boston. But you have to also agree that the #5 pick this year most likely wont be a player that can help the Blues next season as much as Berglund can. So it makes little sense for the Blues to do the trade also. I think Larsson and Couturier will be the two most likely to play in the NHL next season.

I doubt the #5 pick brings a player ready to put up 50 points in the NHL next season. Berglund should put up at least 50 points next season.
This is true.

This is a silly argument to make. Its likely that the number five pick wont get as many point as Sobotka next year but you wouldnt trade him for the pick?

And my overarching point was basically any trade for the TOR 1st would have to include EJ/AP, which ultimately doesnt make sense for STL. AKA no deal.

Old
02-09-2011, 02:34 PM
HooliganX2

Quote:
This is true.

This is a silly argument to make. Its likely that the number five pick wont get as many point as Sobotka next year but you wouldnt trade him for the pick?

And my overarching point was basically any trade for the TOR 1st would have to include EJ/AP, which ultimately doesnt make sense for STL. AKA no deal.
Berglund has way underperformed to his potential though and IMO he has just as much potential as any of the top picks this year have.

Also I agree there is no deal Boston IMO will be better off keeping the pick. There will be some good to at least better then what they have PMD to sign as free agents this off season. Unless it is a deadline deal this season. But I don't see anyone moving a defenseman that would make it worth while to give up the Toronto pick.

Old
02-09-2011, 02:57 PM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

vCash: 130
Berglund has 10 points in his last 10 games. He has been producing ever since we have gotten healthy. Berglund will not be traded for a draft pick.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 02:58 PM
Meatwagon
Blues=Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConn126 View Post
Toronto 1st for Pietrangelo

MEGA FAIL!!! Sorry guy, but as it stands the Toronto pick your team holds is a #5. Petro was a #4 overall pick. He is three years ahead in development versus anyone taken in this years draft. Petro is the single most untouchable player on the Blues roster. Kid's 20 yrs old, on his first year of his ELC, he's on pace for 40+pts and a +20 rating. Petro plays on the #1 PP and the #2 PK units. He is a first or second pairing D-man right now depending on who is hurt any particular day(this years injuries have been crazy bad). He plays in beast mode pretty much every shift of every game. The Blues have waited three LONG years for him to finally reach the NHL and that patience has paid off in a large way!!! The only other players on the Blues roster or prospects, for that matter,who are less likely to be traded, is well.......... NO ONE (maybe Tarasenko).

Not trying to be a jerk here, but you either haven't seen him play, don't know much about him or are really bad a judging a player's value. The #5 pick is nice but it is NOWHERE near worth Petro, and I mean NOWHERE near the same value. I won't even make a proposal here on what it would take to pry Petro out of the Blues org. your fellow Bruin fans would go crazy. Do some research next time.

How about we trade you our 1st for Sequin??? Does that sound fair?

Meatwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 03:33 PM
SirPaste
Use The Schwartz!

Blues are bad trading partners with everyone right now, wait until after the next 6-7 games so we know where we are at, and even if we do fall out of contention we wont be trading away young talent.

SirPaste is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 03:37 PM
SteenMachine

That's exactly it, we're finally healthy, well rested after all that time off. Looking to build a win streak and some healthy scoring. Our team needs are in total flux while our high end talent keeps coming back from IR and players like Nikitin and Sobotka are playing way ahead of expectations.

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 03:43 PM
Mike Liut

EJ, Petro or Berglund for Toronto's #1 (Bruins pick) ? 0% chance of that happening. We will give you Brewer or Jackman and our 1st for it though. It should be around 15-18 imo

Mike Liut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 03:48 PM
Mike Liut

The Blues have more young talent than any team in the NHL. Oshie, Perron, Berglund, EJ, Pietrangelo, Backes, Tarasenko, Schwartz, Polak,Nikitin,Cole, Allen, Halak, Sabotka. Just ridiculous. They just lack that true superstar sniper. Tarasenko could be it. Perron has the skills to be a ppg player too.

Mike Liut is offline   Reply With Quote