Zhamnov, Alexei
Draper, Kris

Wingers:
Knuble, Mike
Johansson, Andreas

Defense:
Matvichuk, Richard
Modry, Jaroslav

After July 1, I expect that the market for RFA that have become UFA will open up. There are a ton of guys that are restricted and might not get qualifiers.

I hope DW is in the market for a centerman, and maybe a winger and defenseman. From the above list (if money was no object :lol) I would take Zhamnov, Knuble and Matvichuk.

Now we're talking playoffs!

Old
06-28-2004, 11:56 PM
SlimJater

vCash: 500
I would only take Zhamnov.

Kovalchuk Zhamnov Kozlov
McEachern Savard Heatley
Aubin Stefan Petrovicky
Brennan Simon Lessard
Blatney, Vigier

Kaberle Exelby
Sutton Havelid
Majesky Tjarnqvist
Kloucek

Nurminen
Lehtonen

Old
06-29-2004, 03:42 AM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

I would still love to upgrade our D and sign a good offensive and defensive d-man but I acknowledge that isn't going to happen with our current plethora of d-man in the current team and in the system.

Zhamnov would be my first choice for a center for Kovalchuk with Craig Conroy a very good second option and Jason Allison (he won't get qualified) a good choice if signed on a games played based contract.

This could be McEachern's last season and therefore I would look to add a winger with Ziggy Palffy at the top of my list.

I would also sign as many young offensive minded prospects that don't get qualified as I can to play for Chicago Wolves. We desperately need more depth in forward 'callups' for Atlanta from Chicago and players such as Tim Connolly and Jani Rita may fit the bill if not qualified.

Last edited by Peter Sidorkiewicz: 06-29-2004 at 03:48 AM.
Old
06-29-2004, 06:37 AM
dunwoody_joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimJater
I would only take Zhamnov.

Kovalchuk Zhamnov Kozlov
McEachern Savard Heatley
Aubin Stefan Petrovicky
Brennan Simon Lessard
Blatney, Vigier

Kaberle Exelby
Sutton Havelid
Majesky Tjarnqvist
Kloucek

Nurminen
Lehtonen

That Brennan-Simon-Lessard line is too ugly. I just don't see both Brennan and Lessard getting icetime together. We need some skill on that line.

Old
06-29-2004, 09:18 AM
ThrasherB

I would drive to NJ to pick up Madden and bring him down here if he signed with the Thrashers, but that will never happen. I would love to have that guy on our team, and I think Hartley would, too. But if Lamerillo doesn't get a deal done with him, I think the 14 fans that the Devils still have would storm Lou's office and throw him out of the window.

Old
06-29-2004, 12:09 PM
SlimJater

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunwoody_joe
That Brennan-Simon-Lessard line is too ugly. I just don't see both Brennan and Lessard getting icetime together. We need some skill on that line.
The reason I put Brennan and Lessard together on that line is because they are no more than 4th liners. As for Blatney and Vigier they are capable of more than just the 4th line but could play on it to clean the play up a little. So I left Blatney and Vigier on the bench as they could get 3rd and 4th line duty.

Old
06-29-2004, 08:41 PM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Zhamnov or Conroy would look good centering one or both of your hockey uberstars. I don't believe the rumors that Gomez is on the way out of New Jersey, but imagine him centering Heatley or Kovalchuk? Yowza, yowza, yowza. The boy can dish it out.

Old
06-29-2004, 08:50 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

I think Rolston is the best fit of the C's available. His two way ability would be a nice counter to Ilya on that second line.

Also look for the return of Pascal Rheaume. He would be a terrific depth player at F.

Old
06-29-2004, 09:15 PM
Amen evil king
Amen, Evil King

I want Conroy.

Old
06-30-2004, 08:22 AM
The Sneak

Brian Rolston please. Decent size, decent pop, excellent penalty killer and I don't think anyone is wearing #12 right now.

Old
06-30-2004, 08:45 AM
VAThrasher

concur with rolston. go get 'em don.

Old
06-30-2004, 09:19 AM
The Sneak

According to this article in the NY Post

http://www.nypost.com/sports/rangers/26624.htm

The Rangers are not going to tender an offer to Lindros. While his previous $10M (US) salary is absurd, would you consider bringing him in to Atlanta at half that amount? Or are you concerned about his head injury history and only take him at a bargain basement, incentive laden contract? Or do you not want him or his dad at all?

Personally I see Lindros having a renaissance in Atlanta and would become a "rootable" figure. Turning into that veteran that always played on good teams but never won the Cup. He links with a couple budding super stars and a hot Finnish goalie to take the sad sack Thrashers all the way!

Old
06-30-2004, 09:36 AM
dunwoody_joe

'Ol melon head?

Never really liked the guy. Right from the very beginning. Compounded by his intruding father and disinterested play. I love to root against the guy.

However, he is a beast, when he is interested. If the guy has grown up (ha), his attitude matured into professionalism (ha, ha), and his price tag down around 3 million/year (ha, ha, ha)--then I would consider the guy.

A large, physical centerman. As a Thrasher?

Old
06-30-2004, 10:22 PM
StevenintheATL

Capt. Concussion's career is all but over. Any team that signs him is stupid (well, a little more stupid than the Rangers are), and will see that they made a mistake about 1/4th into the season.

As for the Thrashers, I would love to have either Conroy or Zhamnov as a first line center (I wouldn't mind them bringing in Jason Allison either), and maybe Mativchuk for a blueliner. In terms of a winger, Kariya could be an interesting possibility, as is Adam Deadmarsh. I definitely think the new ownership will try to make an impact their first time around.

Old
06-30-2004, 10:35 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Eric Lindros is just what this team needs. Not the "pre concussion Lindros" mind you, but the current form. Tough, gritty, big, and Good Lord would he be something special with Ilya feeding him the puck and vice versa.

I always felt Lindros made a huge mistake in going right to a large media market right after the mayhem in Philly. And I am sure, with that incompetent agent of his(never let your dad do that kind of stuff for you), he will end up in Toronto or another large market next year. But he probably would have been better off in an Atlanta, Columbus, Nashville, etc. A place where they just expect you to play hard, no one expects the playoffs immediately, and with less knowledgable fans you could get away with an off night every once in a while.

Old
07-01-2004, 04:28 PM
Matt Gunning

Rolston has the wheels to skate with Ilya on a breakout. Those two playing together as forwards in the Overtime 4-4 format would terrorize the other team's defense with their speed.

re: Lindros. No way. DW has stressed character enough that I'd be shocked if he ended up here. Did you hear that his dad/agent blasted the Rangers for not picking up his $10 million option for next year. HELLO you son is not even an elite player anymore and he is certainly not worth $10 million.

Old
07-02-2004, 09:25 AM
The Sneak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gunning
re: Lindros. No way. DW has stressed character enough that I'd be shocked if he ended up here. Did you hear that his dad/agent blasted the Rangers for not picking up his $10 million option for next year. HELLO you son is not even an elite player anymore and he is certainly not worth $10 million.
This comment doesn't sound fair. You're calling out character issues and then using his dad as an example? I cannot recall, at least recently, where Lindros has made the news for anything other than his game or his health. Seems to be a decent teammate, was a captain in Philly and an alternate under Messier in NY. There are a ton of question marks that surround Lindros, but I don't believe his character is one of them. Having an ******* for a father shouldn't count against the guy.

Old
07-10-2004, 07:55 AM
dunwoody_joe

DW has publically said he is looking for a centerman--presumably a #2 guy. So far, several candidates that could have been good fits were scooped up by other clubs: Conroy and Rolston.

So who is left that could be a fit: Nylander, Zhamnov, Stumple, Nedved, Lindros. Am I missing anyone?

So what next, each of these guys have problems: Nylander (questionable defense, broken leg), Zhamnov (salary needs, back surgery), Stumple (injuries and consistency), Nedved (consistency and defense), Lindros (high risk all around).

Will DW come up short again this year or does he bite the bullet and finally acquire a centerman for Ilya?

If Nylander is healthy, I'd take him! When sound he can be an assist monster and chips in with his share of goals. As Ilya's center, Nylander could accumulate 45-50 assists and 20 goals. He could spot Savard on the powerplay and even cover the #1 line centerman spot on occasion too. A playmaking centerman should help Ilya improve his numbers too.

Old
07-10-2004, 01:39 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Maybe the question is whether DW wants a short term fix and hope Slater is ready to fill in 2005, or if he wants to get someone who will be with the organization for a long time.

Short term: Ronning

Long term: Stumple

Old
07-10-2004, 08:26 PM
VAThrasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by btn
Maybe the question is whether DW wants a short term fix and hope Slater is ready to fill in 2005, or if he wants to get someone who will be with the organization for a long time.

Short term: Ronning

Long term: Stumple
'Short' is definitely the operative word with Ronning. The more I look at the available choices and last years salaries, the more I see us winding up with a Ronning, Cullen, Travis Green or Tyler Wright. Since DW has stated it won't be a $4MM man these seem to be the guys we could sign for $2MM or less and have fairly decent size (except Ronning). I don't think Stumpel provides enough offense for what would likely be a higher price tag.

Old
07-13-2004, 02:33 PM
dunwoody_joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunwoody_joe
DW has publically said he is looking for a centerman--presumably a #2 guy. So far, several candidates that could have been good fits were scooped up by other clubs: Conroy and Rolston.

So who is left that could be a fit: Nylander, Zhamnov, Stumple, Nedved, Lindros. Am I missing anyone?

So what next, each of these guys have problems: Nylander (questionable defense, broken leg), Zhamnov (salary needs, back surgery), Stumple (injuries and consistency), Nedved (consistency and defense), Lindros (high risk all around).

Will DW come up short again this year or does he bite the bullet and finally acquire a centerman for Ilya?

If Nylander is healthy, I'd take him! When sound he can be an assist monster and chips in with his share of goals. As Ilya's center, Nylander could accumulate 45-50 assists and 20 goals. He could spot Savard on the powerplay and even cover the #1 line centerman spot on occasion too. A playmaking centerman should help Ilya improve his numbers too.

So it seems that maybe DW is courting Nylander and/or Stumple.
http://www.thefourthperiod.com/atl37.html

Old
07-13-2004, 04:28 PM
Safir*

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=90997

What about Damphousse?

Old
07-13-2004, 07:13 PM
Jayhorns

Send a message via AIM to Jayhorns
adding another veteran d-man is what this team needs. Alexei Zhitnik maybe?

Old
07-13-2004, 07:42 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomACE
I would be fired up if we got him. He is one of my favorite players in the league.

Closed Thread