HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

is there any chance of signing dazé ???

Closed Thread

Old
06-29-2004, 07:47 AM
YEMELIN74

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to YEMELIN74
is there any chance of signing dazé ???

he's a UFA... i know he's been injured all of his career... but if we don't sign kovalev, why don't take a chance on dazé, he probably won't ask more then 2 millions, and if he's heathly he's a big forward that would fit with koivu and zednik.

id love to see him wear a habs jersey

Old
06-29-2004, 07:52 AM
eddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenixTX
he's a UFA... i know he's been injured all of his career... but if we don't sign kovalev, why don't take a chance on dazé, he probably won't ask more then 2 millions, and if he's heathly he's a big forward that would fit with koivu and zednik.

He may not be a bad option, if we can't sign Kovy i'd rather take a shot at any of Demitra, Murray or even Selanne first. Though he wouldn't be a bad choice at all, he has greta size and a nose for the net, scored 70 points last year he played a full 82 game season in 01/02. Only problem with him is he's not as physical as you'd like him to be for a guy who's 6'6 235. My list to sign would be 1.Kovalev 2. one of Demitra, Murray or Selanne 3. Daze

Last edited by eddy: 06-29-2004 at 07:56 AM.
Old
06-29-2004, 08:39 AM
Guig

He could be a good addition to the team. He's big, skates well, can score goal. Also, he's a french canadian. The problem with him is his injuries. If he can stay heathly he's a great player. I think we should give him a offer of about 2.5-3 millions per year for 2 or 3 year.

Old
06-29-2004, 08:44 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Did the Hawks non-tender him? He's still RFA age and shouldn't be a UFA.

Old
06-29-2004, 08:47 AM
eddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan
Did the Hawks non-tender him? He's still RFA age and shouldn't be a UFA.
I may be wrong here cause I don't know much about this stuff, but isn't it 30+ years old or 10 years in the NHL and you can be a UFA. He's under 30 but has played 10 years in the NHL.

Old
06-29-2004, 08:56 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenixTX

Since when is Daze a UFA? As far as I know he's a RFA unless the Hawks don't offer him a qualifying offer before July 1st to keep his rights. Maybe you know something I don't.

Old
06-29-2004, 08:59 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy
I may be wrong here cause I don't know much about this stuff, but isn't it 30+ years old or 10 years in the NHL and you can be a UFA. He's under 30 but has played 10 years in the NHL.
10 years in the NHL under the average salary. Daze is making 3M+, so he's not eligible for that.

Old
06-29-2004, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
Since when is Daze a UFA? As far as I know he's a RFA unless the Hawks don't offer him a qualifying offer before July 1st to keep his rights. Maybe you know something I don't.
I think that's what it is, I'm pretty sure I read a TSN article that said the Hawks probably won't offer him a qualifying offer so he should be a UFA as of July 1st, I think if Kovalev does not resign, he'd be a great option, better than Selanne and cheaper than Demitra, obvioulsy there is the injury concern, but a bonus ladden contract could take of that IMO, i've been wanting him MTL for a few years now

Old
06-29-2004, 11:19 AM
HABitude

Daze is not the perfect winger we need but at least I can say he is decent (if he stays healthy, question mark). Big but doesn't play big. Good shooter, he can fit with Koivu and Zednik.

What I like with this idea is not that Dazé would be better than Kovalev, Demitra or Selanne. No, he's not better but he would come cheap, so Gainey would be able to sign/or trade to get a physical D like Salei, witch would help to make the team better than just having a better winger up-front. Habs are a bit weak at D.

Old
06-29-2004, 11:21 AM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
I think that's what it is, I'm pretty sure I read a TSN article that said the Hawks probably won't offer him a qualifying offer so he should be a UFA as of July 1st, I think if Kovalev does not resign, he'd be a great option, better than Selanne and cheaper than Demitra, obvioulsy there is the injury concern, but a bonus ladden contract could take of that IMO, i've been wanting him MTL for a few years now
what about the idea of resigning Kovy and give a contract to Dazé that's not a bad idea but we have to give a chance to the yougs like higgins and perez so what about this idea ???

Old
06-29-2004, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone
what about the idea of resigning Kovy and give a contract to Dazé that's not a bad idea but we have to give a chance to the yougs like higgins and perez so what about this idea ???
I'm not to sure all that can happen, it's alot of money, but who knows what kind of contract Daze will bring in? but IMO, it's either one or the other as it's time for some of the younger prospects who have nothing to prove in the AHL to move up, Hossa and Plekanec to name a few...

Old
06-29-2004, 11:29 AM
markov`

I'll take Daze any day of the week, but I think he's a RFA. However, we could acquire him by trade, which I think Gainey would. Maybe a package of Hainsey and a pick, since he won't resign with Chicago.

Old
06-29-2004, 11:49 AM
HABitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by markov`
I'll take Daze any day of the week, but I think he's a RFA. However, we could acquire him by trade, which I think Gainey would. Maybe a package of Hainsey and a pick, since he won't resign with Chicago.
And if Hainsey is at the point to explode? We never know with those kind of guys.

If Hainsey is truly a bust, Chicago would not take that chance and agree with the deal you propose. Or Chicago would rate Daze to a low value like Ottawa did with Bonk.

Old
06-29-2004, 11:52 AM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
I'm not to sure all that can happen, it's alot of money, but who knows what kind of contract Daze will bring in? but IMO, it's either one or the other as it's time for some of the younger prospects who have nothing to prove in the AHL to move up, Hossa and Plekanec to name a few...
ok if kovy resign and Dazé ask at least 2.2 millions (if he's a UFA) would you sign him and put him in the Ribeiro-RYder line ??? but I have a doubt because I am very not sure now that kOvy will resign !

Old
06-29-2004, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone
ok if kovy resign and Dazé ask at least 2.2 millions (if he's a UFA) would you sign him and put him in the Ribeiro-RYder line ??? but I have a doubt because I am very not sure now that kOvy will resign !
No Kovalev resigns, i'd rather have Hossa and Plekanec battle over the 2nd line LW spot...

Old
06-29-2004, 12:38 PM
mcphee

Daze is one of those guys who scores nice goals and leaves you with a good impression.
Has anyone here seen a lot of him,game in game out ?what's his overall game like ? Who was his center during his best years ? Zhamnov ? Koivu and Ribeiro are both good playmakers so it seems he could be a low cost gamble.

Old
06-29-2004, 12:45 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Basically, I think most people still say that Dagenais is the "lite" version of Daze. I've never liked Daze, stylistically. He just kind of coasted around and snapped in a few goals in his early years, then more recently when it seemed like he was applying himself a bit more, his back just couldn't handle it. Now he's had like quadruple-bypass surgery on his back, and you can bet he'll be back into full-time coasting mode again. With the risk of immediate retirement if he ever re-injures the back. I'll roll the dice on some other softies like Selanne before considering Daze... but preferably just ignore both of them.

Old
06-29-2004, 01:26 PM
Duster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien
Basically, I think most people still say that Dagenais is the "lite" version of Daze. I've never liked Daze, stylistically. He just kind of coasted around and snapped in a few goals in his early years, then more recently when it seemed like he was applying himself a bit more, his back just couldn't handle it. Now he's had like quadruple-bypass surgery on his back, and you can bet he'll be back into full-time coasting mode again. With the risk of immediate retirement if he ever re-injures the back. I'll roll the dice on some other softies like Selanne before considering Daze... but preferably just ignore both of them.
I think the comparison between Dagenais and Daze is a good one. Same style of play IMO plus he's made of porcelain. There are much better options out there.

Old
06-29-2004, 02:19 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
The absolute ONLY way to sign Daze is on a pure game by game salary. Since he is so injured, for every game he playes, he gets paid. If he is injured 40 games then he gets payed only the 42 he played. I think that is only fair.

Closed Thread